Dark Opera - Bloodbath 9 (Delay much?)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Mokina: noticed and appreciated :mrgreen:
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Goon
Pentadragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Pentadragon »

vendetta wrote:
I am still not understanding you. Innocents are the uninformed majority, if they were easily able to tell who each other was then they would become an informed majority and thus overpower all other factions, destroying the game.
that's why you can not pm others in the game. You have a point on this.
Then why did you ask for people to private message you?
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Mokina wrote:(If you haven't noticed by now, I'm unloading sci-fi quotes onto this thread each time I make a room count. Oh geekery.)
I like them. They give me something to think about.

Back to the discussion at hand. First, I agree with Grek's zero tolerance policy on key locations. (I know this is a little late in saying but I thought it must be said.)

Second, Vendetta, can you please drop the whole "I'm an inncoent and you guys are all out to kill us" bit. The fact is, the game has just started and to decide whether a player is innocent or not based solely on a few paragraphs without seeing
any
actions made by them whatsoever is simply ignorant. Can we at least wait until the second movement phase before we start pointing fingers?
vendetta
vendetta
Townie
vendetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by vendetta »

it's a nice touch, Mokina.
Can you also put the author and/or the book/film? should be niiiice
I never used to be able to finish anything but now I
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

vendetta, I believe your strategy is flawed. If all you do is run, eventually the aliens will kill you. Wouldn't it be better to actively hunt out the aliens, then kill them?

Secondly, your way of finding out who is innocent and who is not depends on two things, which is a bit much. If Mokina hasn't copied and pasted innocent pms, and if there are any power roles, since they'll have different texts. It's not enough to build a decent case with.

Just my thoughts... ^^
vendetta
vendetta
Townie
vendetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by vendetta »

yes, blackwolf, sooner or later the aliens have to be killed. But for the first rounds, without any clue on who is who, i know innocents are the easiest to kill. Nobody will defend them. So for the first part, is better a)watch my back, and b)try to gather as much information as i can. Right? So i went to the not dangerous bay, and looked for other innocents. As by now, i'm pretty much sure about some other players being or not innocents. Maybe i'm wrong, sure, but i think i'm not.
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Goon
Pentadragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Pentadragon »

I think I might have acted a little stupid when I moved from the infirmary. I was getting really annoyed with you ven.

Move: Infirmary

Looking back, I think you are just an innocent with a flawed strategy ven. Though I could be wrong and that is why you are on my suspicion list.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Litral »

Vendetta, I'm guessing that you've already uncovered a few soldiers to the scum, which is a bad, bad, bad idea. I suggest that no one further comment on his "innocent-hunting" paragraphs.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Mokina »

In every room of the ship, a faint humming can be heard. Hot water pipes along the ceiling rattle a little bit, and the fluorescent lights lining the corridors dim for a second before returning to full brightness. Then the public address system crackles to life, and a broken, disjointed feminine voice comes through the speakers.

"Hello... passengers. This is Halcyon, the
Nomad's
integrated supercomputer."

Everyone glances up at the speakers, waiting for something more. Crewmembers will note that the ship's computer rarely speaks directly over the PA system, and that this is not normal by any means. About a minute later, Halcyon finally decides to speak again.

"We are currently experiencing some regulatory clearance delays. This is a normal part of leaving the Sol system, and hopefully the inspection will be over soon. If you see helmeted men walking through the corridors, do not be alarmed. If you see an Unknown Sentient Species, I would advise you to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. Do not attempt to enter the cargo bays."

"Crewmembers, I have noticed the fact that the bridge is under manual lockdown, presumably unmanned. I have taken the liberty of activating the autopilot, and the engines are now running at a slow burn around 60% capacity, with fuel intake stable at 0.24 cubic inches per second. Power levels are optimal to all decks, a fact I'm sure you'll appreciate. "

"Again, passengers will enjoy the ride far more if they remain calm. We will be arriving at Borealis III in only a few days, at which point you will be able to disembark. I am told the -- Passenger Lounge -- offers a variety of tasty refreshments. Have a pleasant staaaay."

The last word echoes through the corridors of the ship, the prolonged final vowel dragging on for at least ten seconds before it cuts out. After that, there is a silence as dead as the void itself.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:45 am

Post by geraintm »

Halcyon wrote:"Again, passengers will enjoy the ride far more if they remain calm. We will be arriving at Borealis III in only a few days, at which point you will be able to disembark. I am told the -- Passenger Lounge -- offers a variety of tasty refreshments. Have a pleasant staaaay."
Already being the passenger lounge all by myself, i can happily confirm the presence of some lovely little cucumber sandwiches, cut into triangles with the crusts cut off...
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:22 am

Post by ting =) »

I bet you they're poisoned. You shouldn't eat them. Best thing to do is put them in a bag and give them all to me later. For safekeeping of course. ;)

@Ven.
There are probably multiple roles in a faction besides a generic one. e.g. in a normal mafia game, you have cop, doc, and vig - all of which are town aligned, and all of which get a different pm. Just because your pm says something, it doesn't mean that all the others got the same thing. In fact, you should always assume that the mod gave everyone fairly different PMs to prevent game breaking claims.

Also, don't bother trying too hard to figure out who belongs where for now. It'll become clearer later, right now, anything anyone says could be a lie. What they do though, that'll tell you a lot more than what they say.

Oh, and innocent running is a bad plan. Later on, once it's pretty easy to guess who's who, it'd be ideal for soldiers and crew to team up. From the mod's post ven, the win conditions of those two factions are not conflicting. The soldiers, can, but don't have to kill the crew in order to win. As long as the soldiers are not killing the crew, and the aliens are gone, the crew and soldiers both win.
vendetta
vendetta
Townie
vendetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:46 am

Post by vendetta »

As i understand it, if a soldier dies but on the end all aliens are killed, then that soldier wins, even being dead.
For the innocents, if you die, you lose.

It's a huuuge difference.

However, you're right, let's see what they do.
Just because your pm says something, it doesn't mean that all the others got the same thing.
That's true. But i don't need them to have exactly the same pm than me. Just with some peculiar things that my pm have and that, i believe, several of those other pm have too. Maybe not all. But most of them, i'm sure.

However, i think we have now some supercomputer problems to address...
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Romeo Rampage let's down the huge backpack hanging on his right shoulder, then slowly, minutely unzips it. The contents of this loaded, heavy bag is unknown, but the man's hands disappear in it as he shoots Widow Wolf a funny look. Two beers emerge from the pack.

"Thank god for cold fusion."
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:07 am

Post by ting =) »

ven wrote:As i understand it, if a soldier dies but on the end all aliens are killed, then that soldier wins, even being dead.
For the innocents, if you die, you lose.
Running is still the wrong play. You're isolating yourself, you'll just end up more likely being killed. You should band with people you're willing to trust.
ven wrote:That's true. But i don't need them to have exactly the same pm than me. Just with some peculiar things that my pm have and that, i believe, several of those other pm have too. Maybe not all. But most of them, i'm sure.
Drop a breadcrumb, don't beat everyone over the head with it. Someone said it already, but anyway, if you're innocent, keep a low profile. Be subtle about revealing yourself. If anyone shares your role, they'll probably pick up your breadcrumb, and you don't end up exposing anyone.

Right now, I'm just picking the safest looking place to avoid anything... interesting.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:46 am

Post by skitzer »

BEERS AREZ NAUGHTY

They make you silly and then you do silly things.
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Vamparific »

Move:Engine Room
sorry for not being very active guys.Oh and Ven i think you should listen
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Grek »

Vamp, as I said in my first post, going into the engine room is scummy as you might be an alien trying to plant a bomb on the ship's engines and kill us.
Click this link for boobies:
[url]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1048/boobyxr1.jpg[/url]
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Mokina »

"Somewhere along the evolutionary chain from macromolecule to human brain, self-awareness crept in. Psychologists assert it happens automatically whenever a brain acquires certain very high number of associational paths. Doesn't matter whether the paths are protein or platinum..."

- Mannie (
The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
)

Bridge:
[LOCKED]

Computer Core:

Infirmary:
Grek, Pentadragon, SlySly
Armory:
[LOCKED]

Crew Quarters:
skitzer, vendetta
Security Office:
ashmite84, Iron Man, OhGodMyLife, Litral
Main Corridor:
Bird1111, JordanA24
Passenger Quarters:
ting =)
Passenger Lounge:
geraintm
Cargo Bay Alpha:
[LOCKED]

Cargo Bay Beta:
[LOCKED]

Cargo Bay Gamma:
ZombieSlayer54, Nightson
Cargo Bay Delta:
Albert B. Rampage, BlackWolf
Engine Room:
Vamparific
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:25 am

Post by bird1111 »

Move: Security Office
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Oh yeeeah... Now
that's
flavour text! *Drools*....
Keep it up :P
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Vamparific »

Move:Infirmary
sorry
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

I say stay out of the passenger lounge for now.

That computer reminds me far too much of SHODAN.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
vendetta
vendetta
Townie
vendetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by vendetta »

The computer reminds me of Marathon....
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 4:14 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm not sure If I want to stay in the Crew Quarters with vendetta...but I'll risk it. It seems pretty safe.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 4:18 am

Post by Litral »

I'd say vendetta sounds genuine. Plus, if you get attacked, we'll help ya. :D

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”