Mafia 79 - "The Amish Mafia" GAME OVER... WHO WON?

Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Mellowed Man »

Okay, I find it amusing that everyone under pressure right now, is trying to start back onto my wagon, after I almost died, or was supposed to be dead. I guess some of you don't know the pleasure that occurs when you think your game is over, you take it off your watch list, and then find you are still very much alive.

Sidebar: Rigel was replaced by me in another game, and he hasn't posted on this site in almost a month.... Replacement soon??

If you read back, Incrediball didn't know that Korts was dead, and he was the doctor. Please read more carefully.

Right now, I think BM is town, and I find the fact that you are thinking Alabaska is townish/neutral as absurd and disturbing on so many levels.

What was your point in that post?
I am striving to improve my Mafia Skills (which I have none atm)
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Mellowed Man »

Riceballtail wrote:
MM: Now that you are off V/LA, which you never seemed to have been on in reality, and not being hammered either, you're quite confident in your claim. Too bad for you I don't buy it.

Alabaska: I understand what you are trying to say, and I do think BM is intentionally pushing people around. Otherwise, last two days are Neutral/Townish

Fonz: Sympathies, as you to must suffer under the BM's mind games. I do think you did a reach on that post, but I also realize that you may not be wrong either. Neutral feelings.

Part of why the game isn't progressing as much.
Anyone not mentioned above: nothing particularly new to say.

Overall: MM and BM are showing to be quite scummy, and I don't like it. I think MM almost deserves policy LAL, especially saying he wasn't going to have access, then posted more frequently than the rest of the game.
Why do you think BM is scummy? You don't explain something, come up here, throw up a far-fetched summary of what's happening, which we already know!! and then, you go on and on and on. I want to scream out: Where's the EVIDENCE?

Also, the game is progressing, and if it is not, then whose fault is that?

Also, V/LA means Vacation/Limited Access, and I had limited access. Therefore, people could not accuse me of lurking. Why are you telling me right now that you don't buy my claim anyway? Just because I'm playing confidently? I'm making as much as I can of what is most likely my last day alive here, unless the scum decide that they should leave me alive.

BM is pushing people around to get reactions. Mind me, it is working, and that seems to be his pro-town play. As for you, you are a wagon-hopper, and have not contributed much at all this game.

Basically, what you have done this game is: Let me sum it up. Occasionally, people like Erratus FoSed you, and you became very defensive. Then, Day 1 ended, and you FOSed Babygirl and me, then voted Babygirl, and when a few people voted me, after I posted, you hopped on, and then (Wait you haven't responded to those accusations right after the last time you posted) provided this little post about how "I might have gone to far, I might have stretched to vote. blah blah"
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Mellowed Man »

I meant that right after it turns out I wasn't lynched, you slowly started backtracking, saying :
Riceballtail wrote:Yeah, I probably did reach. I've just been hounded in other games because apparently I "parrot talk" too much, so I wanted to get the first word in to avoid that. So, I may have screwed up, but I was only trying to avoid everyone disregarding my comments because of this supposed trend I've had in posting.
Wagon me if you choose, but I already learned from this.
That last sentence; what kind of defense is that??
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Mellowed Man »

Now, I have questions for Alabaska and The Fonz.

Alabaska: Who do you find the most suspicious? What do you think of Riceball's play?

The Fonz: Are you willing to lynch Battle Mage at this state and time? Let me reword that: If you could choose to lynch him now, would you? If not, who would you rather lynch?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Amish Mafia votecount 2-3Mellowed Man: babygirl86, riceballtail, Celebloki, Mr. Incrediball
riceballtail: Surye
Alabaska J: Marmalade, evilgorrilaz, Mellowed Man, Battle Mage
Evilgorrilaz: Alabaska J
Battle Mage: The Fonz

Not voting: Killa Seven, nswhorse, Inquisitor JL, Rigel, DizzyIzzyB13, q21

DizzyIzzyB13 replaced ValiantValant.
Rigel prodded as per request.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

unvote

Here's what I want to do today. I want to work out a way to try and confirm Mellowed Man's role at night. In my opinion, the case against BM is only legit if Mellowed is scum. If Mellowed is scum, we have (IMO) two scums. If he is town, we move on. I feel both Mellowed and BM are posting scummily today BUT there is too much doubt in my mind to justify a lynch of either especially if there is a way out of the situation. Here's what I have worked out. I want everyone to look at this objectively before anyone thinks it would be a good idea to use this in any way, shape, or form to constitute my lynch. Also, I am open to ANY AND ALL suggestion. This plan is probably not perfect and if you can find anything wrong with it PLEASE SAY SO TO AVOID A MAJOR BACKFIRING THAT COULD FUCK US OVER.

First off, nolynch.
Second off, doc protects Mellowed.
Third off, Mellowed vigs a lurker of the town's choosing. Hopefully, we can analyze them well enough to pick scum, but even without a scum hit, we are (in my mind) confirming one townie and nearly confirming another. Also, knowing the replacement system here at MS, we may not ever hear from some of these people again and never have them replaced either.

The biggest flaw is that there could be no doc, but I doubt it seeing as doc is the most common role.

Thoughts, please? Also, please don't vote me in your first post after this one. I would like objective analysis before any wagons that may start as a result do so.

@The Fonz: Thank you for understanding what I said.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Hey MM, if you're going to quote me, you mind either quoting ALL of what I posted, or putting the quotes with the proper things they were in reference to?
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Mellowed Man »

Alabaska J wrote:
First off, nolynch.
Third off, Mellowed vigs a lurker of the town's choosing. Hopefully, we can analyze them well enough to pick scum, but even without a scum hit, we are (in my mind) confirming one townie and nearly confirming another. Also, knowing the replacement system here at MS, we may not ever hear from some of these people again and never have them replaced either.

The biggest flaw is that there could be no doc, but I doubt it seeing as doc is the most common role.
1) You didn't answer my questions.
2) Kort is already dead... he was the doctor, and I doubt there is another one. =(
3) The Mafia could have a roleblocker anyway.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Riceballtail wrote:BM: Stop aggravating the situation, it doesn't look well on your part.
aggravating the situation? You mean stop scumhunting? -.-
Riceballtail wrote: Fonz: Sympathies, as you to must suffer under the BM's mind games. I do think you did a reach on that post, but I also realize that you may not be wrong either. Neutral feelings.
there are few things that are in worse taste than apologising on someone else's behalf. Also noting that you make no comment on my affiliation.
Textbook stuff.
Rice wrote: Overall: MM and BM are showing to be quite scummy, and I don't like it. I think MM almost deserves policy LAL, especially saying he wasn't going to have access, then posted more frequently than the rest of the game. I still want to know what happened to VV.
oh wait, there it is. So i'm scummy...why? Because Fonz says so? I call bs.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Hi there. 'Lay, so, I'm going to open my posting in this game with a
vote: babygirl86
, on account of her lack of an explanation for her hammer on Zombie yesterday, plus teh generally lurkerish way she appears to have played the game so far. She's the scummiest player here, in my estimation.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 12:36 am

Post by babygirl86 »

A) you must not know how to read because I've explained my actions numerous times. and B) I'm not gonna say this is right, but I'm definately not the only person not posting here so dont even go there. I have a life outside of mafia and if my amount of posting isn't up to your standards, deal with it. I'm not changing my lifestyle to get a vote taken off of me.
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Mellowed Man »

babygirl86 wrote:A) you must not know how to read because I've explained my actions numerous times. and B) I'm not gonna say this is right, but I'm definately not the only person not posting here so dont even go there. I have a life outside of mafia and if my amount of posting isn't up to your standards, deal with it. I'm not changing my lifestyle to get a vote taken off of me.
Jesus Christ. That same attitude, and you're not even under any pressure! I hate your playstyle. :roll:
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:59 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Point out to me exactly where you actually made a case against Zombie. Or indeed mentioned him before voting for him. Or did anything other than jump on a wagon without explanation. Then decide to post genuine content other than filler on the rare occasions you post. I mean, it's okay to be too busy to post often as long as you actually help. You aren't.
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 4:40 am

Post by babygirl86 »

you know what? screw you people.

mod please replace me
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:19 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Classic "scum giving up after failing to lurk to victory".
Show
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:22 am

Post by killa seven »

hmm i just want 2 step in and say, BM you should know better that when people are gettin BW and they fake claim they keep the fake claim to the death, we just went through this in mafia 75, when i was SK and claimed VIG i insisted i was vig untill the end.
and BG asking for replacement after 1 vote is scummy. i dont like how you vanished after the pressure was off you when the town switched to MM.
also i dont like how MM said he didnt have pc access because of his parents when he thought he was dead. then he gets saved and hes the most active besides MM
well after that.
FOS MM
FOS BM
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

killa seven wrote:hmm i just want 2 step in and say, BM you should know better that when people are gettin BW and they fake claim they keep the fake claim to the death, we just went through this in mafia 75, when i was SK and claimed VIG i insisted i was vig untill the end.
and BG asking for replacement after 1 vote is scummy. i dont like how you vanished after the pressure was off you when the town switched to MM.
also i dont like how MM said he didnt have pc access because of his parents when he thought he was dead. then he gets saved and hes the most active besides MM
well after that.
FOS MM
FOS BM
the situations are different because:

1. in Mafia 75 you were counter-claimed.
2. The situation regarding the unsuccessful hammer did not occur.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:38 am

Post by q21 »

Alabaska J wrote:
unvote

Here's what I want to do today. I want to work out a way to try and confirm Mellowed Man's role at night. In my opinion, the case against BM is only legit if Mellowed is scum. If Mellowed is scum, we have (IMO) two scums. If he is town, we move on. I feel both Mellowed and BM are posting scummily today BUT there is too much doubt in my mind to justify a lynch of either especially if there is a way out of the situation. Here's what I have worked out. I want everyone to look at this objectively before anyone thinks it would be a good idea to use this in any way, shape, or form to constitute my lynch. Also, I am open to ANY AND ALL suggestion. This plan is probably not perfect and if you can find anything wrong with it PLEASE SAY SO TO AVOID A MAJOR BACKFIRING THAT COULD FUCK US OVER.

First off, nolynch.

Thoughts, please? Also, please don't vote me in your first post after this one. I would like objective analysis before any wagons that may start as a result do so.

@The Fonz: Thank you for understanding what I said.
Problems with your plan:
1) The doctor is dead... there could be another... maybe... probably not.
2) If the scum have a roleblocker then his kill won't turn up. What will you think then? Or do you somehow know that there is not roleblocker?
3) If Mellowed is in fact a SK (outside chance I think, but not negligibly so) then he can do everything you ask of him and walk tot the finish line.

All in all I don't like your plan.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Ahh the doc is dead. Nevermind.

Also, babygirl86 leaving like that seems very suspicious. Almost like she thought she was off the hook as scum and then someone came and voted her.

vote: evilgorrilaz
. I'm gonna put my old vote back on. Still think evil is scummy.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:20 am

Post by q21 »

Just did a reread of the game focusing on Riceballtail, and from day 2 on Alabaska J as I think those are the two most scummy, at the moment.

My read on Rice is that he goes with whatever the town seems most likely to do. This isn't scummy by itself. What does make him scummy is that the few time he does venture outside what is currently the accepted view he never seems to stick by it and back pedals as soon as he draws any heat.

As for Alabaska I'm not going to repeat what has been said about him. There are, I feel, two ways to read his "if MM is scum, I'm perfectly happy with a BM lynch" comment. Most of the attention going his way stems from this. A different question which I would like to ask him is this:

One of Alabaska J's first posts of the game:
Alabaska J wrote:Don't have a lot of time to post (don't worry I won't lurk but I won't be able to post over the weekend; already talked to xyzzy about it os I'm not lurking really) but what I do have time to say is this: babygirl86 and Mellowed Man seem EXTREMELY scummy. They both hammered ZS, if you think about it. Actually, I think babygirl86's post in which she voted Mellowed Man is an attempt to get her equally scummy partner lynched instead of her and clear herself of guilt b/c she was on s a scum lynch.
Also, notice that we had two deaths last night, so we have an sk/vig among us. If I had to speculate, I would say we have a vig who hit Korts b/c they felt his activity was scummy day one. No reason for him to be killed by mafia IMO.

Personally, I am okay with a babygirl86 or Mellowed Man lynch today. It seems we are closer to a consensus on babygirl86, so
vote: babygirl86

More postage will come later, don't worry :p.
The underlined bit is mine. Here you outline almost exactly what MM's claim turned out to be. But when he makes exactly that claim you are one of the people who is against it. There is this, AJ's response, right after MM claimed.
Alabaska J wrote:Dammit what do we do? I'm thinking it could be gambit, but he has created an immense wifom. DX
A claim in exactly the form you expected and your immediate response is that its a gambit?

Anyway, none of what I read convinced me either way, but right now I feel Rice's actions have been more scummy. Therefore:

VOTE: RICEBALLTAIL
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Mellowed Man »

Alabaska J wrote:Ahh the doc is dead. Nevermind.

vote: evilgorrilaz
. I'm gonna put my old vote back on. Still think evil is scummy.
Looks like you are just trying to deflect attention of yourself. Another instance of the fact that you fail to honor what people say and actually read the game.
babygirl86 wrote:you know what? screw you people.

mod please replace me
What a bad attitude! One person votes you, and you flash your always-quick temper and ask to be replaced. Hmm.....
killa seven wrote: i dont like how you vanished after the pressure was off you when the town switched to MM.
well after that.
Do you ever proofread what you say? You used my name twice in a sentence..

Also, my exams were still going on, and it just happens the moderator said I wasn't lynched the day my exams ended, so I don't see how you can use that against me.... You have no room to talk either, as you haven't been posting lately.
FoS: Killa Seven
No contribution at all.

FoS: Alabaska

Why won't you answer my earlier questions? What do you think of Riceball?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

I have been posting other things. Riceballtail is scummy, yes, but I feel evil is much more so because of his leechy vote on me. Also, sir, I am not deflecting shit off myself. Not only would that be utterly disgusting, but all I did was put my old vote back on when I realized that my plan was doomed to fail. Also, please point out what I am not reading, as I feel I have read everything, so I guess there must be a secret page that only certain people can access. Can you provide a link or something?

Also, @q21: Yes I suspected it. That's why I have put up with Mellowed Man's actions. However, Mellowed could have observed this fact also and used it against us. That is what makes it a possible gambit. Also, WIFOM.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
mr. incrediball
mr. incrediball
Goon
mr. incrediball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 4:17 am

Post by mr. incrediball »

i don't know what to think about BG. she's acting scummy, but, as i've pointed out, she was like that as a cop in another game.

all in all, scum or not, she's just a bad player.
Show
i'm this good at mafia:

wins: none so far (on this site, anyway)

losses: open 72 (as a townie) :(
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Celebloki »

I still do not approve of MM's vig of Korts as he really had no good reason to do it besides him being an ass to him. However I believe he may be telling the truth about being a vig. I am going to
Unvote
for now. I still don't like riceballtail's play and I am unsure what to think about Alabaska J right now. I need to do a re-read of the last few pages and try to make sense of things again. I have been skimming the past few days as school has been heating up with finals approaching. I will make a more detailed post soon.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:57 am

Post by q21 »

*BUMP*

More Riceballtail vote are required.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”