Mafia 79 - "The Amish Mafia" GAME OVER... WHO WON?

Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Mellowed Man »

nswhorse wrote:Interesting no-one at all has noticed my absence. So just who are we jumping on now MM has revealed (thinking he was dead)? I must say we're on a roll - two masons and the doc gone, and almost certainly the serial killer should have been gone. Is the aim of this game to get rid of all minor power roles?

That a grand enough welcome for you? FOS for being so damned cock-sure of himself and pretending a one-line post constitutes a well-reasoned argument and summation of damning evidence.
Can you elaborate? I don't know what you are talking about. And, by the way, Yes, we did notice that some people weren't posting.
nswhorse wrote:almost certainly the serial killer should have been gone.
Are you kidding?

FoS: nwshorse

Unvote, vote Alabaska J

Also, just because Alabaska I FoSed BM right away, I was freaking out anyways when I was being bandwagoned. The fact that you are trying to link me to him is scummy.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Alabaska J »

How? He jumped everyone off of your lynch for the wrong (no, really) reasons! Now that you are not hammered, we can possibly prove your night ability. And you are not a guaranteed nightkill, as the mafia may just let you live, and because you don't die, you will be the top lynch target for many tomorrow. However if we can somehow prove your night ability, we can avoid any possible wifom situations tomorrow. And if you are scum, the fact BM jumped off of your lynch first chance he got without giving a good reason is an obvious scum connection for me.

Also, BM, your post makes no sense. There is an obvious connection between you and Mellowed Man if he comes up scum. And what is this business about setting up multiple lynches? How am I doing that any more than you are and how in the fucking world does this connect me to Mellowed Man?

Also, Marmalade, I'm really looking forward to even less content in your post. You're pretty good now with the whole posting-no-evidence thing, but I feel you could post even less reasoning. You know, a two-word post or something.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="Alabaska J"]
Also, BM, your post makes no sense. There is an obvious connection between you and Mellowed Man if he comes up scum. And what is this business about setting up multiple lynches? How am I doing that any more than you are and how in the fucking world does this connect me to Mellowed Man?
quote]

Umm, what? Because i decided to bus my scumbuddy, then somehow MADE SURYE FAIL TO UNVOTE, and then defended him. You make literally no sense. Get out of the thread until you have taken your appropriate medication please.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Wrong. [hypothetical]You bussed your scumbuddy, he claims vig, makes a big show of being town, people kind of believe him, it turns out he was never lynched, then you change your mind about bussing him with his new claim and stance as a possibly confirmed townie, and jump on Riceballtail .[/hypothetical]

However, if neither of you are scum
which I am leaning towards
(there is a reason I am not voting either of you atm), then you just saved the vig. Congrats. Also, thank god for Riceballtail looking extremely scummy IMO.

Got it?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Surye »

I'd like to see more on the Rice train.
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Mellowed Man »

unvote, vote Riceballtail

He started backtracking quickly once I wasn't lynched, too with that post about how he probably "did reach" just moments after the xyzzy update.
I am striving to improve my Mafia Skills (which I have none atm)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:Wrong. [hypothetical]You bussed your scumbuddy, he claims vig, makes a big show of being town, people kind of believe him, it turns out he was never lynched, then you change your mind about bussing him with his new claim and stance as a possibly confirmed townie, and jump on Riceballtail .[/hypothetical]

However, if neither of you are scum
which I am leaning towards
(there is a reason I am not voting either of you atm), then you just saved the vig. Congrats. Also, thank god for Riceballtail looking extremely scummy IMO.

Got it?
Eh? I didnt bus him UNTIL he claimed Vig as far as im aware. The claim was the main point against him. But, that aside, hypothetical situations arent usually all that helpful. I could make a similar situation up for 90% of the players in this game.

Also, umm, i didnt save the Vig. Surye did.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

mr. incrediball
mr. incrediball
Goon
mr. incrediball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:47 am

Post by mr. incrediball »

Mellowed Man wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:Are we really? Well, I'll give mellowed one more shot, though I'd like to somehow work out a way to prove his ability.

unvote, vote Riceballtail
. I love how he didn't even try to defend himself.

Also, if Mellowed is scum, I'm perfectly fine with a BM lynch.
Don't you realize that the scum are going to kill me tonight no matter what?

Also, are you encouraging me to kill someone at night, of your choice? There really is no way I can prove it, because if you all get me to kill someone, there may be a mafia roleblocker, like there are in Newbie Games.

FoS: Alabaska J

i thought you said you were 1-shot?
Show
i'm this good at mafia:

wins: none so far (on this site, anyway)

losses: open 72 (as a townie) :(
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

he changed his claim. lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Vote: Alabaska J

Unless you are telling me that somehow MM managed to tell that surye's vote didn't count when everyone though it did, there is no way I am not believing his claim, especially since it was made during "twilight". You trying to tie him as scum to other players reeks.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Mellowed Man »

unvote, vote Alabaska J

Right now, I don't trust certain people.
I am striving to improve my Mafia Skills (which I have none atm)
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Checking in, classwork has kept me busy the last few days. Hoping to get a good read soon.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 1:24 am

Post by q21 »

unvote
The fact that he persisted that he was a vig in twilight makes it much more believable that he actually is.

My new vote will probably go on either of Alabaska or Riceballtail, but I'd like to see how things develop before I decide which.

Both Rigel and VV have not posted once on D2 so far. Even though the day almost ended once.

MOD: Has VV got his prod? Can you prod Rigel too please?

On catching up a post I didn't like was this one by nswhorse. (The inderlining is mine.)
nswhorse wrote:Interesting no-one at all has noticed my absence.
So just who are we jumping on now MM has revealed (thinking he was dead)?
I must say we're on a roll - two masons and the doc gone, and almost certainly the serial killer should have been gone. Is the aim of this game to get rid of all minor power roles?

FOS:
Battle Mage

That a grand enough welcome for you? FOS for being so damned cock-sure of himself and pretending a one-line post constitutes a well-reasoned argument and summation of damning evidence.
Its like he's willing to lynch anyone. Also I don't quite follow his FoS on BM. As such
FoS nswhorse
. So yeah, add nswhorse to that list of people I may vote for.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:
Vote: Alabaska J

Unless you are telling me that somehow MM managed to tell that surye's vote didn't count when everyone though it did, there is no way I am not believing his claim, especially since it was made during "twilight". You trying to tie him as scum to other players reeks.
Dear god.
unvote, vote Evilgorrilaz

Think before you post. Did you even read what I said or did you see multiple votes on me, go to the first post in which I was voted, and copy-paste? BM did the exact same thing in response to me and he gets nothing. Obviously didn't read the thread. I'm not tying him to scum at all. I said if he comes up scum, I would look at BM. I never said I thought he was scum. I never said I thought BM was scum. Also, there is no way you can ever be sure of anyone's alignment in a situation like this. I too believe his claim, but because of the situation, if he happened to come up scum, I would look into BM.

@BM: You did save him. The
exact same thing happened day one
and the person was hammered soon afterwards. I'm sure something similar would have happened today had you not speedily unvoted.

One last thing:
Mellowed Man wrote:unvote, vote Alabaska J

Can I have your babies please?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:I would look at BM. I never said I thought he was scum. I never said I thought BM was scum.
Alabaska J wrote: if he happened to come up scum, I would look into BM
lolwut?
Whats with you?? You are so keen to emphasise that you arent attacking me now, and you dont find me atall scummy, but inexplicably, you will be after my hide if someone i unvoted comes up scum, when in fact, several people have unvoted-i was just the first on the scene.
Alabaska J wrote: Also, there is no way you can ever be sure of anyone's alignment in a situation like this.
No shit! :roll:

That's mafia kiddo. But i'm really not buying your defence. It seems like you attempted to push multiple lynches, then when called on it, realised you had over-committed yourself, and backtracked, with the clear intention of bringing it up later. I'm not having it.
Alabaska J wrote: @BM: You did save him. The
and the person was hammered soon afterwards. I'm sure something similar would have happened today had you not speedily unvoted.
Are you an advert for terrible townsmanship?
Anyone who hammered in the same situation is an idiot.
I'm serious when i say your attitude truly befuddles me.
Alabaska J wrote: One last thing:

meh, i hate cradle-snatchers.

Unvote, Vote: Alabaska J

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

mr. incrediball
mr. incrediball
Goon
mr. incrediball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:43 am

hmmm...

mellowed man... mellowed man...

1) i'm sorely tempted to go with LAL on this one. i can't see any motivation behind lying about the number of shots you have if you are town.

2) you're vote-hopping. a lot. calm down. not everyone who accuses you is guaranteed scum.

3) i don't get this whole "he claimed in twilight, he must be town" thing. i've been in plenty of games where players have maintained that they are town all the way up to the death scene, and then turned out scum.

Alabaska, on the other hand, also seems to be cracking under pressure. accusing people left, right, and centre.

I don't see enough evidence against riceballtail to constitute a lynch, considering all he did was reach a bit.

and BM is flip-flopping on the MM issue. He seemed to leap straight from "MM must be scum" to "Rice must be scum" without there seeming to be any moment of confusion in between the two conclusions.

so:

Major FOS: MM and Alabaska.
FOS: BM
Show
i'm this good at mafia:

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mr. incrediball wrote:hmmm...

mellowed man... mellowed man...

1) i'm sorely tempted to go with LAL on this one. i can't see any motivation behind lying about the number of shots you have if you are town.
Maybe so he doesnt get NKed?
Mr Incrediball wrote: 3) i don't get this whole "he claimed in twilight, he must be town" thing. i've been in plenty of games where players have maintained that they are town all the way up to the death scene, and then turned out scum.
This is true. In fact, i almost always do it. But i tend to think that newer players are less likely to. Not everyone is as sick as me. :P
Mr Incrediball wrote: and BM is flip-flopping on the MM issue. He seemed to leap straight from "MM must be scum" to "Rice must be scum" without there seeming to be any moment of confusion in between the two conclusions.
erm, dude, use some context please. In between me thinking MM was scum and my subsequent suspicions was the fake-twilight thing. Anyway being suspicious of multiple people is usually a town tell. Why would there be confusion??
Is that a towntell that i missed?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:01 am

Post by babygirl86 »

wow guys I just realized I've highly been neglecting this game.... high apologies- the new semester just started and already its been kicking my ass. I'll do a reread here in a few and post my new thoughts
mr. incrediball
mr. incrediball
Goon
mr. incrediball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 am

Battle Mage wrote:
have you heard of a wonderful new invention? it's called a doc.
BM wrote:erm, dude, use some context please. In between me thinking MM was scum and my subsequent suspicions was the fake-twilight thing. Anyway being suspicious of multiple people is usually a town tell. Why would there be confusion??
Is that a towntell that i missed?

BM
meh. you just seemed to switch way too fast. i was reading, and it was like "woooosh!"
Show
i'm this good at mafia:

Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Mellowed Man »

mr. incrediball wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Have you noticed who's died in this game? Korts was a doctor.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mellowed Man wrote:
mr. incrediball wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Have you noticed who's died in this game? Korts was a doctor.
thats a towntell for incrediball imho. An idiottell but a towntell too.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:31 am

Post by babygirl86 »

Alright I semi finished the readthrough. i find it funny that mm told us that he would not be able to post until May 10(today) yet he has been posting quite a bit. Also, I don't like the fact that he changed his claim... which one are you- vig or one shot? make up your mind? I'm not sure how I feel about the alabaska bandwagon right now.... I still think mm is scum.. And with that my vote stays.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:33 am

Post by babygirl86 »

also it looks like our mod keeps forgetting about this game..... but just in case he hasn't
mod votecount please?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:I would look at BM. I never said I thought he [Mellowed Man] was scum. I never said I thought BM was scum.
lolwut?
Whats with you?? You are so keen to emphasise that you arent attacking me now, and you dont find me atall scummy, but inexplicably, you will be after my hide if someone i unvoted comes up scum, when in fact, several people have unvoted-i was just the first on the scene.
Yes. I don't think you are scummy, but you will jump to the top of my list if Mellowed Man comes up scum because the interaction between you two at that point points to a possible scum connection. And yes several people unvoted. Also, several people had reasons. Not only were you "first on the scene," you had no reason to unvote.
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote: Also, there is no way you can ever be sure of anyone's alignment in a situation like this.

That's mafia kiddo. But i'm really not buying your defence. It seems like you attempted to push multiple lynches, then when called on it, realised you had over-committed yourself, and backtracked, with the clear intention of bringing it up later. I'm not having it.
How the fuck did I push multiple lynches? Where is this bs coming from? All I stated was that if Mellowed Man
ever
came up scum (whether from a nightkill or a situation that occurs later in the game that causes him to be lynched (counter-claim or something)), I would look into BM first, because of the actions that occurred at the point in time when Mellowed Man was about to be lynched.
Battle Mage wrote:
Doesn't prevent it from happening. We have our fair share of idiots here at Mafia Scum.
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote: One last thing:

meh, i hate cradle-snatchers.

Unvote, Vote: Alabaska J

BM
Haha I meant somehow give birth to his children (even though I am a man). That is how in love with Mellowed Man I am after that post.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 12:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:I would look at BM. I never said I thought he [Mellowed Man] was scum. I never said I thought BM was scum.
lolwut?
Yes. I don't think you are scummy, but you will jump to the top of my list if Mellowed Man comes up scum because the interaction between you two at that point points to a possible scum connection. And yes several people unvoted. Also, several people had reasons. Not only were you "first on the scene," you had no reason to unvote.

WTF? Yes i did. I unvoted because he sounded genuine, and to some extent confirmed himself.
Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

How the fuck did I push multiple lynches? Where is this bs coming from? All I stated was that if Mellowed Man
ever
came up scum (whether from a nightkill or a situation that occurs later in the game that causes him to be lynched (counter-claim or something)), I would look into BM first, because of the actions that occurred at the point in time when Mellowed Man was about to be lynched.
thats pushing multiple lynches! And on poor grounds too, seeing as ANYONE town would have unvoted at that point. I'm sure you would claim to do the same, hence i find your attack grossly hypocritical.
Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Doesn't prevent it from happening. We have our fair share of idiots here at Mafia Scum.
...true dat. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”