Newbie 580 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 10:49 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

Thanks for the constructive criticism.
When you guys are reading me, I think it's better to look at who attacks me, and how.
I think you're exaggerating when you say I have suspected every single person in this game, because, if you look at the thread only looking at MY posts, you'll see that I haven't really attacked anyone (with backed evidence) until now. Muerrto, it may seem (or you may want to make it seem) like I have attacked everyone, but most of my votes/attacks haven't been super strong.

As for strawman, it's funny you say that. Doesn't anyone see how Td has been strawmanning all of my points?

The Official Vote Count

BridgesAndBaloons - 3 (Amor, td, Muerrto)

Amor - 1 (curiouskarmadog)
curiouskarmadog - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
WeyounsLastClone - 1 (JimSauce)
JimSauce - 1 (BridgesAndBaloons)

Not Voting - 2 (pinkkitten90, Radio_Interference)

5 to Lynch, 3 at deadline (May 5)
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Muerrto »

Using Wiki terms is fun but unhelpful. What exactly has Td been doing that you don't like?

And I'd argue you were pretty darn sure CKD was scum earlier. In fact, I think I quoted a post where you said he was the scummiest person in the game? Something about being sure he's scum etc
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:00 am

Yeah I was sure at the time. Let me know you've read my super-long post, Muerrto. I explained that the for the beigning part of the game I was acting over confident about everything.

Looking back on my attack on CKD, I think it was pretty horrible, and I can't believe that anyone would fall for that argument. Namely, I am so confused how JS could find CKD scummy for that. It really seems like he wanted to play both sides and cast me and CKD as both scummy.

Td has been taking parts of my arguments (for example my misquote of JS) and ignoring the fact that the rest of the post had no mistakes. Maybe I'm mis-using the term, but it seems like he is taking this one weak part (a mistake) and blowing it out of proportion compared to the rest of a really big post. I was bound to make a least a couple typos when I wrote it, and I did.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Muerrto »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Yeah so you get a vote, and I'm going to vote for you until you're lynched (or you miraculously change my mind.)
vote: curiouskarmadog
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:I would back off of you if I wasn't so sure that you were scum. It's usually not town-beneficial to focus really strong on someone, but I know you're mafia. The only question is who your partner is, and if you are a roll-blocking mafia or not.

Again, I'm getting you to react, I know you're probably not building a case against me (since it'd be OMGUS). I'm going to publicly tell you my intentions. I'm trying to get you to slip, and eventually you will mess up.
Then you will be lynched. That's how it'll go.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:I think CKD is scum, and if it will benefit the town, I will slide into the background and not write about CKD for a while.
Not quoting any more. You get the idea. Did you want me to post your posts against Black? Or Td?

Almost everyone you've accused you've done so as if it's obvious and 100%. There's nothing wrong with being sure of yourself, but there's 2 mafia, and you've been sure of yourself about more than 2 people and then turned around and been sure they're town later. I had a quote about Black in mind where you said you were pretty sure he's town but I can't locate it now. Too many posts hehe

Now you're saying the argument between you and CKD was a trap and talking about how Sauce 'fell for it'(these are your words)?? That's as bad as saying your vote for Occult was 'random'. Admitting you made a mistake looks alot less scummy than simply making an excuse and saying it was all planned. We expect newbies to make mistakes, but when you try to act like you meant to do it it sounds like Jon Lovitz's 'That's the ticket!'(showing my age there) and is hard to believe.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Radio_Interference
Radio_Interference
Townie
Radio_Interference
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Radio_Interference »

[EBWOP]

This is taking longer then I thought. I'm to about 290 post wise, will have to finish up the rest tomorrow. However, I cant give you guys some of my ideas right now as to what is going to be contained, though some might be cut out. That way you dont have to wait 16+ hours to know my general direction. I'm not going to run around with evidence here, just general jotting.(which pretty much means all opinions are liable to change). I also apologize for the tone of this post in advance, and meanness that filters through into this shouldnt be there, and I dont mean to direct any of it at you guys. I honestly can't wait to be in more games with
all
of you :)

-CKD Was my original intention to vote, as I found 107 (Its not nice to call newbs "stupid") and 196 particularly contradictory in feeling, along with a few of the other posts he made. Yes, I'm going to pop right out and say right now that I think that thats a good enough reason for a vote. I wasn't planning on saying anything about that until after day one was over, as I think that there needs to be a lynch today, and the results of what looks to be a Bab lynch would have affected how much I looked at these responses as an intimidation scumtell (which did eventually get Bab to relent) vs genuinly being pissed off.

-Muerrto, please clarify how Bab should take console in him dieing giving oodles of information to the town due to how much he posts, and yet be pretty much useless due to him freaking out on everyone. 547 and what Bab quoted in 546.

-Bab, that JS vote is bs unless your about to pull something amazing out of thin air in your next few posts. You're either getting really desprate to spread as much of your thought process around as you can or you are getting to be really desprate scum. Take the constructive critisism offered earlier, you'll be fine once your posts stop being so mood-swingy and weak on evidence. You have had good points, they've just been lost in speculation.

Jimsauce- WTF? I dont get a color? :) /pissed

td- I was going to construct a beautiful haiku for you, but Jimsauces post brought up everything I cared about.

[My voting policy]
I plan on placing that vote on CKD tomorrow, assuming that the rest of my readthrough doesnt bring up someone else I'd like to vote for, however you should all be warned I'm going to pull off my vote on CKD if it means he would tie with Bab and cause a No Lynch. Simply put, I dont think that that would seriously help the town, at all.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Are you serious RI? JS hasn't scum-hunted ALL GAME!
He's been paroting what other people said saying "I agree" ridiculous amounts of times.
This is enough of a vote for me. Freaking read the post I did. All of his posts are responses or agreeing. He has only post an origional thing once (From when I wrote that post).

Muerrto, if you read my super-long post (I'm not so sure you have) you would find out that I wasn't attacking CKD as a gambit, but that we, the town, could use it as one. The fact that JS played along with my weak argument (i didn't think it was weak at the time) is scummy.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:58 am

Muerrto wrote:Thanks for the responses. I'll respond to 'em when more people post theirs.
Muerrto, you asked all these questions, you claimed you would respond to them/analyze them. You never did. Please do it.
Signature:
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Muerrto »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Thanks for the responses. I'll respond to 'em when more people post theirs.
Muerrto, you asked all these questions, you claimed you would respond to them/analyze them. You never did. Please do it.
Lmao you're kidding. Now you're really stretching.

Post #315 and soooo many more posts after that? That was 10 pages ago. I never did? That's not even possible to miss. Why would you bring something like that up 10 pages later?

Is it monday yet?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Muerrto »

Quoted for your convenience. I even bolded the part that made it obvious I was responding to those questions.
Muerrto wrote:
Wow. Never have I played a game where everyone(except Td but he just got here) responded to all my questions hehe.

Awesome!

It seems like we all agree BaB is a newbie, some are more forgiving than others of that but the 'edit' thing and the 'alt' thing definitely point to newbie.

I was trying to find anyone who'd push this too far without mentioning that he does in fact look like a newbie.

The problem is, BaB is an easy target, and no one pushing harder to me makes me more likely to think he's scum because if he was town there'd be two possible mafia to push on him. With me and Amor on him right now(not saying I trust Amor 100% but I doubt he'd be on his partner with only 2 votes on him, and yes that's WIFOM) two mafia could've used the question and my answer to build a good case on him. Could've FoS'ed him or even voted him without too much suspiscion.

But they didn't. And that bothers me.

Sorry for the misunderstanding RI, just saying your experience level when your join date says 'newbie' made me more wary of you. I've played werewolf for years also but when I joined never said anything, but I only played online a couple months before here. With the added online experience we have to ignore your join date and treat you like another IC.

Cerb: I don't like meta'ing, analysing someone's posting style, etc ever as scum hunting. Reason being, alot of people say scum lurk...you'll never see me lurk, and I'm often scum and usually win(assuming my partner doesn't get replaced like my last game =p). I find hiding in plain sight works better so I'm always vocal and participating.

I found it funny that some people made comments on my 'townness' just because I came out with a large post then a bunch of questions. That's the best way to hide in plain sight, be vocal, act town. Don't assume someone's town just because they post alot and don't assume someone's scum for the opposite reason. Scum don't have to just post fluff and 1 liners.

So, after posting your own answers and reading others answers:

Who's your top suspect?

Me - Bab still. Sorry but you've been displaying newbie scum tells, not just newbie tells, also for the reasons I listed above.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Muerrto »

Sorry for the triple post but your post floored me. My analyzing people's answers even lead to me and Cerb's fight about no one pushing your lynch. Which went on for PAGES! And in my recent long post I analysed them AGAIN talking about how Cerb defended you etc.

How can you possibly look back 10 pages and say I never responded to something that then fueled the next 5 pages of the thread and claim I'M not reading YOUR posts?!

Monday HURRY!
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:21 am

I'm not "stretching." Don't put words in my mouth.
me on 427 wrote: Muerrto post 300: said you’d respond to people’s responses to your questions. You never did this.
. It's why I brought that up again. I saw that post, but you didn't make it obvious you were responding to the questions.
I just felt like you came in, asked questions that dominated a page or so of discussion, and then moved on.

To me it didn't seem like you lead the questions anywhere. You disagree.

When I'm dead and a confirmed townie, I want the town to make sure they look at my argument against JS, and then look carefully at Muerrto. He has been pushing a case against me the whole time (pushing a weak argument about nobody voting for me... when there was two people voting for me!). Sure he took some time to vote someone else, but soon after he rappidly votes me back giving a sentence of explanation (435).
Signature:
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Muerrto »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:It's why I brought that up again. I saw that post, but you didn't make it obvious you were responding to the questions.
I just felt like you came in, asked questions that dominated a page or so of discussion, and then moved on.

To me it didn't seem like you lead the questions anywhere. You disagree.
WHAT?! I didn't make it obvious?! I just reposted it and BOLDED the part that MADE it obvious! Moved on?! I argued with Cerb for MULTIPLE pages after that and he even VOTED me for it. I guess I need to quote those 5 pages :roll:

This isn't about disagreeing, the argument went on for pages. I didn't lead the questions anywhere? I even went in and addressed specific points people made.

I'm sorry, you're being lynched, really, but don't let that make your playing ability slip back to page 2.

I'll post again day 2. I'm out.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:37 am

You're out? Are you seriously pro-town. Look it wasn't obvious because you simply made a comment saying oh this is nice you guys are responded. You never said that I'm going to respond now.

You said it was obvious. Well, it wasn't.

And why should you be sorry that I'm being lynched. I thought you were convinced I was scum?
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:41 am

This is for people who were too lazy to use tabbed browsing while looking at my post against JS. Keep in my that this post here doesn't look at everything, just all the times JS has agreed.
102 wrote:
I do agree
that Boggzie was overreacting a bit.
Of course I do.
115 wrote:
I agree
with CKD that RI's posting style and understanding of the game belie his join date,
115 wrote:
I agree
that his [Xpom Telo] vote on RI was unjustified and anti-town if Xpom was serious with it. Maybe he wanted to pressure RI out of that style?
115 wrote:
CKD wrote:Occult asks for a deadline, some people thinks that could be scummy, some don’t. I myself don’t find people asking for a deadline too scummy when a game drags on and on…but on page 2?..hmmmm.
Agreement here
as well.
166 wrote:I never gave much thought to listing pro-town players. In all of my games here it has never been brought up, but
I agree
237 wrote:
I agree
with you on BiB's pro-town comment. I thought that was rather odd.
254 wrote:
Bridges wrote:I also want to throw this out there: we've been mostly ignored JS and WLC for the entire game.
So Boggzie's outburst doesn't account for anything, eh? (
I kind of agree
though.)
284 wrote:
I agree
that the discussion with you and CKD is beginning to go somewhere
371 wrote:
I agree
with Muerrto's point of view that Amor is probably town at this point.
371 wrote:
I agree
with cerebus that Muerrto's logic is flawed.
371 wrote:
I agree
with cerebus that if Bridges comes up town, I'd be looking at such an experienced player pushing such logic.
403 wrote:
I agree
with everything in your case except for [the "honestly" thing].
543 wrote:
I agree
with Amor that you are creating a strawman.
543 wrote:
I agree
with your [kitty] assertion that Radio hasn't been doing much scum-hunting lately.
JS has agreed 14 times. He has disagreed about half of that. He's mostly agreeing, and there's some disagreeing, but he's really not putting out original information.

His recent post on 543 isn't scum-hunting either. He's getting other people to do it.

he asks Kitty "who is your top suspicion and why?"
he asks RI "who is your top suspicion and why?"
he asks Amor "could you please quickly recap what Weyouns did that you consider scummy, and what makes you think he's a townie?"(interesting to do this? Why only asking to make WLC more guilty?)
he asks Td "Who are your top three suspicions and why? Additionally, I'd like you to recap why Bridges should be hung. "

I'm not going to have anymore time today I think. I really need to start studying for my AP test, so I'm going to say that

my top two suspects:

JS (not scum-hunting)
Muerrto (pushing very strongly for my lynch).
I have much more suspicions for JS than Muerrto, though.
Signature:
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Muerrto »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:You're out? Are you seriously pro-town. Look it wasn't obvious because you simply made a comment saying oh this is nice you guys are responded. You never said that I'm going to respond now.

You said it was obvious. Well, it wasn't.
It was obvious to a retarded blind man, period. Your major downfall that you're going to run into and I can see from just this game is that you CAN'T admit when you're wrong. Get over that, please.

I'm not out because I'm not pro-town. I'm out because you PISS ME OFF with your constant nonsensical LONG posts and your CONSTANT repeating of everything you've EVER said (see your post above w/all the quotes as an example). It's not needed. Period. You're over the top. Take a pill, slow down, and chill...

And pushing your lynch(assuming you're town) is NOT, repeat NOT a scum tell. If I'M town and YOU'RE town then we DON'T know who's who so if you act SCUMMY which you HAVE I'm going to VOTE you. This does NOT in any way implicate me as SCUM as seen in the above example.

If I WERE scum I'd be trying to get EVERYONE in town lynched except my partner and I wouldn't CARE who got lynched so WHY would I be focusing on you since my VERY FIRST POST?

How can we possibly take your suspiscion of Sauce seriously when you earlier in the game said CKD was guaranteed scum? Now you're saying you were wrong then. So why can't you be wrong now? What's changed?

I tried to be nice. I TRIED to give you some constructive critcism but you had to keep pushing and pushing and pushing...

And with that, I AM OUT. You can say whatever quips you feel like saying and I really should've stayed out since I said I would because you're just ticking me off more and more.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

JS
My top one is, At differant times in the game as i have read over my mind has jumped around a lot of you but has only really settled on. ( this may seem all over the place but ill try and make as much sence as possible.
BnB - As i said before he overlays the fact he is a newbie, especially when he has been susspected. At least up untill recent pages.

I find that the more people push his mistakes, he seems to retry explaining it butt each time it comes out differantly.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote: [/b]
Unfortunately, I'm just a vanilla. I was hoping to get night killed.
How can you hope to get night killed when at the moment the most logical point for mafia would be to NK someone that was greatly opossing you to make you more susspisious looking.
my top two suspects:

JS (not scum-hunting)
Muerrto (pushing very strongly for my lynch)..
Actually Js is scum huunting from what i can see, away of scum hunting is seeing what other peopple think and then seeing if you can make it fit to logic, and if it helps you look at something a differant way. people can be one set tracked more often then not. asking for a differant point of view disrupts that one set track.

And Muerrto is only trying to convice others of who he sees as scum (kinda the point of the game)

your two susspision reasonings are on differant ends of the scale. one is not scum hunting and the other is utalising the scum hunting he did earlier.
"Kitten, your the only person I know that can wander in to a game. Die, and leave with a list of emails" - Ej
"Well my philosophy is that if I think your adorable and/or awesome fun in the game I'm going to want something." - me :)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

pink, can you please answer my question from 521.

RI, I would like your case against me today please, what was contradictary about my post..why is it scummy that I called someone "stupid", please quote what post you got that from. And explain WHY you wanted to wait until tomorrow to post that remark...out of everyone hear, why do I deserve your vote?

also, can you please give me some post numbers where you have actually scum hunted today?

Still happy with my vote, but might change it to WLC in the next 24 hours.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Amor »

Hmmm, BaB's case against JimSauce is surprisingly solid. Still think he's the best link for today though.

Also, in response to a number of BaB's comments: it's not good to take much stock in who attacked or was attacked by a (now) confirmed townie. Townies can make honest cases against other townies, obviously no player is going to be 100% right on their suspicions every time. On a similar note, just because someone is town it doesn't make their scumhunting any better, so the only thing that change when looking at their cases is knowing that they were made honestly. I think BaB is trying to appeal to emotion with statements like this.
JimSauce wrote:
Amor,
could you please quickly recap what Weyouns did that you consider scummy, and what makes you think he's a townie?
Scummy: To start with, he put Occult at L-2 when we were barely out of random voting, which is a minor point but still interesting. He hasn't been posting a lot and mostly staying in the background. Voting CKD on something he did ages ago doesn't help.
Town: He generally presents his own opinions and analysis in his posts, and they are for the most part valuable. I think if he were scum trying to stay under the radar he would echo others/express common sentiment. So, WLC's posts give me the feeling that he's a townie who just doesn't post frequently or is having a hard time finding things to analyze.

Because of the second part, WLC seems town to me, although I'm not really certain either way. There are solid points for him being scum, but they haven't convinced me yet.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote: As for strawman, it's funny you say that. Doesn't anyone see how Td has been strawmanning all of my points?
Erm... not the definition of strawmanning I'm using. To me, making a strawman is simplifying your opponents' arguments to something innacurate ("My playstyle is changing"), arguing against that, and acting as though you've rebuked their points. That's what you've been doing, and I don't see it in td's attack.

As a side point, when I talk about a lot of these logical fallacies I'm taking their definitions from political arguments/general logic, so I may not exactly mean the wiki definition.
Radio_Interference wrote:

[My voting policy] I plan on placing that vote on CKD tomorrow, assuming that the rest of my readthrough doesnt bring up someone else I'd like to vote for, however you should all be warned I'm going to pull off my vote on CKD if it means he would tie with Bab and cause a No Lynch. Simply put, I dont think that that would seriously help the town, at all.
The Rules wrote:Deadlines may be implemented if I feel that discussion is lagging. At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch to occur.
In case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched.
If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur.
So if BaB and another player are tied at 3 votes, BaB will be lynched, assuming that nobody voting for him has unvoted.

If I recall what the mod said correctly, the deadline will come into effect 8:45 AM, so get your votes in before them. Let's just hope we get scum.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Amor wrote:Hmmm, BaB's case against JimSauce is surprisingly solid. Still think he's the best
link
for today though.
. I don't think so. I don't even like Princess Zelda.
Amor wrote: Also, in response to a number of BaB's comments: it's not good to take much stock in who attacked or was attacked by a (now) confirmed townie.
Good point. I just would like to make it completely clear that all of my previous cases were just completely retarded and just based on feelings.
With JS, i did an entire read through of the game and THEN thought he was scum.
I consider him the most likely to be scum at this point, and it's backed by considerable evidence this time!

Muerrto: the only reason what you're doing is scummy is how certain you've been that I'm scum (wow irony lollerskates). What you said was WIFOM, and it doesn't make sense.
Look what accusing multiple people did for me, a vanilla townie! It's going to get my lynched!
You can be sure that my case against JS is good since it's backed by evidence, namely
every single one of his posts
I think you're over-reacting.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 6:29 pm

EEBWOP: by "feelings" i don't mean omgusing. I mean instincts and gut-feelings.
Signature:
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by td »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Making a certain tell invalid for everyone is a bad play since there are huge differences in degrees of lurking (a few days versus the whole game... this is the analogy I was making -- that you ignore and just attack the nuances of the word "guilty"), and since lurking at different times from different players can give very different tells.
I'd like to remind you that the original question was something along the lines of `do you consider lurking a scum tell?' My point is that I can make a case against anyone based on lurking, it won't help us to sort out scum. Therefore, I consider it a null-tell.

Also, I need to quote post #335 here:
td wrote: You're mixing two things here. On one hand, you accuse me because backinblack167 was lurking. On the other hand, when I point out that every player in this game has been at some time, you claim that the argument is not valid. How is backinblack167's lurking any different from ZaneWasHere's lurking? Granted, the former one's lurking was more extreme, but neither you nor I have been lurking.

Also, how can anybody be more guilty of something than somebody else?
I deem it strange that you addressed the first paragraph in post #338 (you actually appear to never have answered my reply to that post in #346), but ignored the second paragraph until eight pages (over three weeks) later.

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Just disregarding ALL LURKING is bad. THat's like me saying since everyone here has voted for someone who has been voted for already (not true I think), then bandwagonning isn't a scum-tell for this game. Obviously there's a logical fallacy there, and the same fallacy applies when you consider all lurking as "not a tell"
Aside from the fact that bandwagoning isn't even necessarly a scum tell at all, I still don't see where the fallacy is supposed to be.

Scum tells are means by which we can differentiate between town and scum. If every single player commits the same tell, there is obviously no longer any differentiation possible. Thus, the tell is ineffective, it becomes a null-tell. The actual fallacy would be to use that tell as major evidence (as a minor point, it might be fine, but then again, it's redundant, because the point applies to
every single player
).

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:EEBWOP In my big post when I said post 142 (this is the one that Td was grilling me about) I meant 141. It was a typo. I was not making up evidence. I typed a 2 instead of a 1. Sorry.

Td, you obviously checked JS's posts to see the mistake. Am I supposed to believe you didn't check the one post before 142? Something is odd about this. It would seem that if you were so eager to correct me, that you would see this. Interesting.
I know that you meant #141. It wasn't that hard to tell, since you actually quoted the contents. Also, I did point out that you must have meant that post when I first mentioned that mistake. I actually don't see what you consider scummy in that post, he
does
take a side (your's) but doesn't want to defend you (which is perfectly reasonable, since that is your job).

--
JimSauce wrote:Td, I don't think the errors Bridges made in #427 implicate him much further. I noticed many of them (and pointed some out in my immediate response), but didn't call him out on the others because they seemed like genuine mistakes. Specifically, the mistakes I ignored didn't seem like mistakes mafia would deliberately make because it doesn't much further their cause.
I think that `mistakes' is the wrong word here. The #126/#141/#142/#156 confusion is a good example here, even correcting the typo BridgesAndBaloons claimed to have made (writing #142 instead of #156)
does not actually fix the argument
. Actually, I think what BridgesAndBaloons
meant to correct, but didn't
was that he miswrote #156 as #126 and #141 as #142. However, even that leaves a statement that is just wrong.

--
JimSauce wrote:I think you've been tunelling Bridges this entire game. From your initial game-read, you only commented on his actions. In your following posts you didn't argue with or say anything about anyone but Bridges (excluding the few side questions at others and the small suspicion on cerebus). Then you bring up your attack against (guess who!) Bridges' #427. Who are your top three suspicions and why? Additionally, I'd like you to recap why Bridges should be hung.
Actually, I think you're misrepresenting me here. After my first read, I directed several
questions
at BridgesAndBaloons that I felt had been left open. From these, a discussion evolved and that discussion has lead me to believe that BridgesAndBaloons is one of our scum.

Also, I say something when I actually have something to say, not just because I can; I don't like talking about players just for the sake of talking about them. Just because I don't comment on something doesn't mean I ignore it, it just means that I have nothing to add to that discussion (which could be, for example, because I feel that the argument has actually been resolved).

As for my top three, I'd be happy to share my top two with you (and that only because it should already have been pretty obvious; I like linear approaches better).

My top suspect is actually BridgesAndBaloons, for reasons that I summarized in post #353:
td wrote:Thus, for backing off, self-contradicting, making `spinning' and `weak argument' accusations without providing any evidence and then ignoring questions regarding why the argument was `weak' or `spinning,' building a case on curiouskarmadog that is based entirely on a statement that he misinterprets as `contradictory' (and even if it were, he still fails to explain how that would have been scummy) and continously ignoring requests to provide evidence and/or reasoning
Another point that needs to be added to the list is lying.

My second suspect right now is pinkkitten90, mainly for the fact that she replaced cerebus3 (who did a great effort to distract from BridgesAndBaloons) and lied (or at least overexaggerated greatly) about `being almost lynched as cop because of being female.'

--
JimSauce wrote:
td wrote:Having two votes during the random stage in a nine-player game where two other players also have two votes on them is hardly `nearly lynched.' Also there was actually no mention of you being female as the `reason' for those random votes.
Eh? I didn't think Kitty was referring to this game.
I wasn't either, I actually looked up the games she has played so far and the only game she was cop in and actually got voted during the game was Newbie 581, where she got two votes on page one and lost them by page four. Afterwards, she didn't get a single vote and was nightkilled day 2.

--

BridgesAndBaloons post #545. Just skimming over it, because I have to go in a few minutes. However, I'll definitely check those references when I get time.

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:I think you're exaggerating when you say I have suspected every single person in this game, because, if you look at the thread only looking at MY posts, you'll see that I haven't really attacked anyone (with backed evidence) until now.
The point was not that you attacked people backed with evidence, but that you attacked people. Nothing more, nothing less. And you
did
attack nearly every player in this game.

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Td has been taking parts of my arguments (for example my misquote of JS) and ignoring the fact that the rest of the post had no mistakes. Maybe I'm mis-using the term, but it seems like he is taking this one weak part (a mistake) and blowing it out of proportion compared to the rest of a really big post. I was bound to make a least a couple typos when I wrote it, and I did.
As I have pointed out above, the actual point is that even with the typos corrected, the more serious mistakes remain behind. Actually, you reducing my argument to critizing your typos is what you are accusing me of.

--
Radio_Interference wrote:-Muerrto, please clarify how Bab should take console in him dieing giving oodles of information to the town due to how much he posts, and yet be pretty much useless due to him freaking out on everyone.
I think the point is that BridgesAndBaloons
feels
he is being useful and, having that feeling, should be `okay with dying and giving us an insane amount of info for day 2,' but isn't, whereas Muerrto
feels
that BridgesAndBaloons' information aren't really that useful. It's not necessarily a contradiction, just two (contradictory) points of view.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

ok,
CKD- in earlier stages of the game i had noticed that you seemed to copy the ideas of others almost exactly. someone would put forward an arguement and there would be arguing over it and then once it is settled down you seem to pick it up exactly where it started from.
Ill give qutotes when i get one next this is a quick post between night classes.
"Kitten, your the only person I know that can wander in to a game. Die, and leave with a list of emails" - Ej
"Well my philosophy is that if I think your adorable and/or awesome fun in the game I'm going to want something." - me :)
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Final Day 1 Vote Count

BridgesAndBaloons - 3 (Amor, td, Muerrto)

Amor - 1 (curiouskarmadog)
curiouskarmadog - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
WeyounsLastClone - 1 (JimSauce)
JimSauce - 1 (BridgesAndBaloons)

Not Voting - 2 (pinkkitten90, Radio_Interference)

5 to Lynch, 3 at deadline (May 5)
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:07 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

It's getting dark.

Your debate rages the entire day, and well into twilight. The townsfolk are calling for blood, yet you still can't come to a decision. It looks like you're going to have to sacrifice the scummiest person on the council to appease the mob.

Bridges doesn't go quietly, and with good reason. You find no evidence of Mob involvement on his part after he's been hanged.

BridgesAndBaloons
Townie
, Lynched Day 1

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices by Thursday, May 8th.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You find poor td splayed across his couch. Looks like he never made it to bed last night...

td,
Townie
, Killed Night 1

Day 2 has begun. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”