The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:29 am

Post by The Jester »

Well I'll take either one, either it's great flattery or you're alone? (I'm certainly not anymore if you're here. :P)

Unvote

Vote: Shyguy
You're the incarnate of the one who voted me, so obviously I must vote you to protect myself.

Backwards logic is fun.

(Still prefer the non-alcoholic wine, cider is fine too.)
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:35 am

Post by dahill1 »

i'm starting to agree with random bandwagoning because of all this confusion
as someone said before (i think nocmen) we have 11/13 chance of getting town
i say we have someone roll the die and if we all agree on it, then we lynch that person
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well like alot of people I don't really get what DGB is getting at with the townie should act scummy thing. I don't think its a good idea for a townie to ever act scummy. I tried to think of a good idea or means to go about trapping the the scum based on mechanicz but I think the direction we are going is probably best with just one comment further clarified or added in.

To win the game we have to trap the mafia with 2 townies. in other words narrow things down to 4 people that we all agree are most likely to be scum. Then we can together lynch those who we believe are not scum. Probably the best thing I can think of at this moment without hurting my head by staring at the rules longer.

Now can anyone tell me what towntell exactly Flame Axe is making, or will I have to end up metaing him? I have rarely played with him so I'm not totally sure what you guys are getting at.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:58 am

Post by armlx »

Can't really say exactly what it is that makes him townAxe, but I know townAxe when I see it.

Also, Poker, 1-1 town/scum also works. We have a bit more leeway then you say, as a list that is 1/4th correct is still pretty good at winning.

The list:
Jester
dahill
???
???

Those are the only two I would feel confident in putting in the end game, partly on the basis Jester is being scummy but I am confident enough in to make the right decision in a 2-1 or 3-2 if he is town.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:59 am

Post by The Jester »

Don't Meta, it makes you look silly. With this being Reverse-Pseudo logic mafia, you'll get more confused with the results you shouldn't base and verify 100% upon.

The "town-tell" for flameaxe that I know of is a joke I made about him confirming he's Town because of what he said in a thread about the avatar meme.

Maybe I'll stare at the mechanics though, it sounds like fun.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Simenon »

Vote Count

Flameaxe (4)- Flameaxe, ZombieSlayer, armlx, Jdodge
Shy Guy (2)- Dripping Goofball, The Jester
TheSweatPantsNinja (2)- PokerFace, Nocmen
PokerFace (1)- TheSweatPantsN.
The Jester (1)- Shy Guy
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Shy Guy »

Hello, fellows. I hope to bring some clarity to the game.

I find that you are playing a straightforward game in a very backwards manner.

Many are saying scum tells are town tells, and vice versa, and I have to say I think that's entirely the wrong approach. If someone is advocating strongly their own, or a specific other's lynch, that's scummy. If someone is trying to figure out who to lynch, being reasonable, and open minded, that's town like. Trying to refer to this game in out of game, meta contexts, will obviously lead to conclusion; I'm not surprised that some are hoping we just random lynch, to try and get a good result.

I am of the mind that randomly lynching is anti-game. The majority should always be able to improve their odds in any scenario; if not, what is the fun, what is the purpose? So I will not be an advocate of randomness.

In addition, many have said that we should not lynch the most helpful and obviously town players. I believe this too is folly. The scum have a NK in this game, folks (feel free to say I'm scum because I'm read the setup).

This means the scum will be killing off that one most helpful player we decided was town and decided not to lynch.

We should lynch the most likely to be town player every day; we can't stockpile helpful players to keep around for later dates, the scum will just kill them, and we'll be more likely to mess up and accidentally lynch the scum in ignoring our best lynch targets.

---

This all being said, I find PokerFace, Flameaxe, and Nocmen to be likely townies.

PokerFace for his early logic, Flameaxe just has a townie feel to him I cannot rationalize, and overtly pressed for his own lynch, something too ballsy for scum, in my view.

Nocmen-scum would have very little to gain from proposing a random lynch. I think random lynch is entirely the wrong play, but I find him to be very likely to be town for suggesting it.

DrippingGoofBall I find possibly mafia, because she said Zoneace was in this game. I have no idea who he is, but he isn't in this game. I find town playerse more likely to have good reasons for their suspicious and not mess up who is in the game than scum.

Jdodge, also, I find suspicious, for his unwillingness to articulate why Flameaxe is town. I'm not sure what's to gain by doing that. I also don't like his comment about DrippingGoofBall's "backwards skills" to be useful in this game. I could see him being scum who's trying to confuse us even more about the setup. Jdodge is quite tricky.

Of my reads, I find Nocmen to be the most likely to be town.

vote: Nocmen
I won't say much.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by dahill1 »

unvote vote Shy Guy

LAHP
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Shy Guy: FlameAxe is the most ballsy Mafia player I know.

And your argument against not lynching helpful players makes sense.

In that case:

Unvote FlameAxe, vote Shy Guy

By the way: I still love you for AITP:II.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Shy Guy is sooooo town, it hurts.

DIE TOWN DIE

vote: Shy Guy
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by armlx »

Shyguy is right. Nocmen is also a good lynch, as is FA.

My top 4 potential list is becoming smaller as we speak.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Unvote, vote shy guy.

Bandwagon to victory!
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Wow the amount of bandwagons forming out of nowhere is astounding.
I have a few things to comment on.
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Shy Guy: FlameAxe is the most ballsy Mafia player I know.

In that case:

Well I got the impression you agree with not lynching helpful players but after a rather helpful post by Shy Guy you vote for him!
A little odd IMO.

I do agree with keeping people around who seem to have a decent handle on this set up. I am even more in favour of keeping those around whom seem to have no handle on this set up. As a playing style I find this "cluelessness" abhorent, but I think the risk of getting rid of someone because they seem of no great use to town winning, dangerous. So somewhere in the middle of these two approaches I believe we can find a good lynch.
So I am in favour of a nocmen lynch.
vote:Nocmen
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:22 am

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

EBWOP: Ah never mind the first part I miss read the quote and the point in SGs post it was refering to.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:33 am

PokerFace wrote:Well like alot of people I don't really get what DGB is getting at with the townie should act scummy thing. I don't think its a good idea for a townie to ever act scummy. I tried to think of a good idea or means to go about trapping the the scum based on mechanicz but I think the direction we are going is probably best with just one comment further clarified or added in.

To win the game we have to trap the mafia with 2 townies. in other words narrow things down to 4 people that we all agree are most likely to be scum. Then we can together lynch those who we believe are not scum. Probably the best thing I can think of at this moment without hurting my head by staring at the rules longer.

Now can anyone tell me what towntell exactly Flame Axe is making, or will I have to end up metaing him? I have rarely played with him so I'm not totally sure what you guys are getting at.
PokerFace is scum too.

First we wagoned him for being useful.

When the wagon dies down, he gets useful, AGAIN??? He really wants to be lynched. Let's not.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:09 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:Wow the amount of bandwagons forming out of nowhere is astounding.
I have a few things to comment on.
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Shy Guy: FlameAxe is the most ballsy Mafia player I know.

In that case:

Well I got the impression you agree with not lynching helpful players but after a rather helpful post by Shy Guy you vote for him!
A little odd IMO.

I do agree with keeping people around who seem to have a decent handle on this set up. I am even more in favour of keeping those around whom seem to have no handle on this set up. As a playing style I find this "cluelessness" abhorent, but I think the risk of getting rid of someone because they seem of no great use to town winning, dangerous. So somewhere in the middle of these two approaches I believe we can find a good lynch.
So I am in favour of a nocmen lynch.
vote:Nocmen
As I always say: I follow logic. If someone presents me with better logic than the logic I am following, I will follow that logic. The logic Shy Guy presented me seemed better than the logic I had been following.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:02 am

Post by armlx »

Flameaxe wrote: You see, whenever DGB says someone is scum, they are town. Don't take it too hard.
I will take a Nocmen/BBM lynch today.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:21 am

Post by JDodge »

sudden wagons that suddenly dissipate harm the town. i have decided that the best chance for the town is the AITP strategy - lynch now, ask questions once the game is over. Therefore, let's lynchlynchlynchlynchlynch.

Unvote, vote: Shy Guy
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:24 am

JDodge wrote:sudden wagons that suddenly dissipate harm the town. i have decided that the best chance for the town is the AITP strategy - lynch now, ask questions once the game is over. Therefore, let's lynchlynchlynchlynchlynch.

Unvote, vote: Shy Guy
Very very townie.

Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Shy Guy »

Well, I am a bit honored at all the votes, and I am very happy with my play here to get lynched day 1 from one post! :).

Don't worry, I am indeed town.

I figure since my analysis will be town confirmed, I owe it to you to make one more aberrantly long post describing my thoughts.
I especially think my analyses of dahill and ZombieSlayer are accurate, and encourage you to go with lynching them
. The rest I could be right, could be wrong about, except I feel mildly strongly that Jdodge is scum. Don't lynch him at least for a while!

My thoughts on everyone:

1. armlx
Not sure one way or the other. Maybe he and Nocmen are scum, maybe he is town? I am a bit confused on those two. Leaning town. He seems to find me town-like, but not want me lynched, which bothers me.

2. ShadowLurker
Has he posted?

3. dahill1
He is the second player I'm most sure of is town -- because of the post where he voted me. He wasn't trying to look pro-town, he wasn't trying to provide lots of reasoning, he was just being pro-town, and going with what he felt was best.

4. ZombieSlayer54
He is now my #1 preference outside of myself as to who is town. He was honest in his logic, and like dahill didn't need to vote me to look pro-town, he did it because he thought it was the best way to go. I am really, really sure about this.

5. thevampireofdusseldorf
Unsure. Vampire, I think you are very misguided in not lynching the most active and helpful players. Each day, the player most likely to be town should be lynched, regardless of helpfulness.

6. JDodge
His late arrival to the wagon, and suggestion that lynch quickly is good, are both very anti-town sentiments. Each day in this game should involve discussion and consensus, and we have nothing to hide from the minority as the majority does in AITP. His very late arrival to my 'obvious' wagon I find suspicious as well.

Do not trust Jdodge in this game. I think he is very likely to be scum.

7. Flameaxe
I think he is 3rd most likely to be town, as for the reasons I stated earlier. He could be very crafty scum though :?.

8. PokerFace
If goofball is town, she has a good point about Poker wanting to be lynched. I thought he was town, but now I am very, very unsure.

9. Shy Guy (replacing ashmite84)
I am town.

10. TheSweatpantsNinja
His voting for me makes him about 5/6th most likely to be town, he came to it too late for it to be an accurate tell though. Not tomorrow's lynch, in my view.

11. DrippingGoofball
She voted me in 184, when she already was. I think townies would read the vote count and know who they were voting. I find her suspicious. 2nd most scummy to Jdodge.

12. The Jester
I am unsure about him. He is in the middle.

13. Nocmen
He is 4th most townie for me. I feel like a handful of townies evidenced themselves in support of my wagon, and armlx's interactions with Nocmen trouble me. Watch out for armlx-Nocmen as a sleeper pair. But still, I find his proposal of random voting to be genuine and not likely to come from scum.

Likely town, should be lynched, in order:
9. Shy Guy (replacing ashmite84)
4. ZombieSlayer54
3. dahill1
7. Flameaxe -- most likely to be horribly off on, he could be crafty scum. Use your judgement/trust me less on this fellow.
13. Nocmen
10. TheSweatpantsNinja

Unsure (towniest to scummiest -- and Shadowlurker is right on the bubble, so being below him is quite suspicious)
12. The Jester
1. armlx
2. ShadowLurker
5. thevampireofdusseldorf

Likely scum, be very cautious of lynching:
8. PokerFace
11. DrippingGoofball
6. JDodge

---

Remember to use good judgement, and I suggest trying to play the game as I outlined; don't get confused because of the setup. Search for townies and scum, discuss it a lot, and lynch... the townies. We are off to a great start -- good luck guys!

unvote vote: Shy Guy
I won't say much.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:10 am

Good job Shy Guy, this is one game where self-votes are desirable. Because you know, the last thing scum wants to do is to hammer townies.

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:38 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting earlier? I am very busy at the moment so I will not be able to post very much.

vote armlx
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:41 am

Post by armlx »

Swap Poker with dahill and I agree with Shy Guy 100%. His level of analysis shows he is clearly not the lynch for today though, though probably town.

Why isn't BBM dead yet?
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:41 am

Post by The Jester »

Yay, I'm in the middle; everything is going to plan!

Whoo...

I approve of not lynching DGB.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:12 am

ShadowLurker wrote:Hi everyone, sorry for not posting earlier? I am very busy at the moment so I will not be able to post very much.

vote armlx
Lurkertown.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”