insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by insanity018 »

@Kmd, thanks for that game link.

While I don't think Tywin's replacement itself is alignment indicative, I still think Tywin is scum. His reads before replacing out did not seem genuine. They were simplistic and based on bizarre assumptions.
In post 465, Lycanfire wrote:People I'm hard sring~

Chamber dropped a shitpost in and Pine made the very reasonable reply afterwards... in .

cough
sorry if I leave it like that my point will be lost on people

Pine interfered with Chamber's push on Eddie. Make your good points™ all you like, I'll probably roll my eyes onto my touchpad. What shooting it down immediately does is remove any utility his poorly intended question had. Why'd you break up the fight Pine? Chiarire.

VOTE: Pine
Are you scumreading both Chamber and Pine? Where do you believe that Pine has interfered with Chamber's push?
In post 461, Tammy wrote:
Insanity - In you say that you missed the context due to scrolling through ISO's. Are you not reading the game as it unfolds? Are you just going through ISO's?
I had just come back from a 3-4 day V/LA. So, at that point I was mostly catching up, which meant I was checking a lot of stuff in ISO.
In post 469, Firebringer wrote:I am sheeping Eddie Cane for foreseeable future.
Can you tell us why you townread Eddie so strongly that you are happy to sheep his vote?
In post 473, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Also can everyone take in the majesty of the following claimed stances by Fire -

1. I'm scum for potentially delegating my read on a single player to Pine (and he keeps also forgetting I put Eddie and now Tammy in that pool as well).
2. He's happy to delegate his vote for today to another player (Eddie) even when that results in multiple cases of him voting claimed Townreads.
I agree that I don't like those stances from Firebringer. However, I'm also feeling that his play is almost too blatant or too scummy to actually be scum.
In post 493, Korts wrote:
Vote Count
(4) Lycanfire - hitogoroshi, Kison, insanity018, Old Man
(2) Pine - Axelrod, Lycanfire
(2) Eddie Cane - petroleumjelly, Tammy
(2) hitogoroshi - roflcopter, CooLDoG
(2) petroleumjelly - Eddie Cane, Firebringer
(1) Axelrod - Pine
(1) Firebringer - MagnaofIllusion

not voting:
Kmd4390

8 to lynch

Deadline is 6 PM EST on Monday the 28th of May.
Last edited by Korts on Sun May 13, 2018 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by insanity018 »

@Roflcoptor

Can you answer this -
In post 391, insanity018 wrote:
In post 333, roflcopter wrote:i don't like the tywin wagon
What is your read on Tywin?

Do you have a reason for your read on hito apart from a vague, unarticulated suspicion that he is scum with Axelrod?
In post 439, roflcopter wrote:tammy devoting a lot of effort to justifying her axel townread
Do you think that is more likely to come from scum?

Given that you're voting Hito at the moment, how do you feel about Tammy constantly repeating that she has a townread on Hito based on making a comment about "grubby hands"?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 476, insanity018 wrote:
Given that you're voting Hito at the moment, how do you feel about Tammy constantly repeating that she has a townread on Hito based on making a comment about "grubby hands"?

Can you explain what constantly repeating means to you?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Tammy »

Wait what would coming back from a v/la have to do with how you’re reading the game? Are you reading it straight through or via ISO’s or not? And if iso why not read it straight through?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 467, petroleumjelly wrote:1.) Eddie Cane, please explain why you feel Pine is internally "sorting" you.
asking me the same retarded question while i'm busy irl for a third time is not going to make me answer quicker, maybe try 4 or 5?

I think Tammy's town. Sigh. I have too many townreads. There's a ton I want to reply to but too tired. Tammy, I'll answer your question properly, but you should ctrl F tywin in my iso that game imo, maybe dual iso us and look for his mentions of me too. He was p close to actively gamethrowing.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Tammy wrote:I'm super interested in the thing you thought you saw from our scum chat, so I hope you point it out before i fall asleep!
I've started a post about it, but needed a break because I had loud toddlers in the room and now I'm realizing I have to catch up again so that will take priority. But basically, it stems from what I said when you first replaced in: that you are good at scum, but appear to get stressed out playing it. I still need to look at meta and am struggling to figure out what was you and what was Nacho in nancy's game.
Tammy wrote:Ah on Tywin - the thing I picked up that I thought he was more likely to do as town than as scum was the paranoia and way he pushed his reads. Neither of those things was present in his posts at the point when I was almost going to replace his slot, which is why I said I might be coming back to that. I don't know what his posts were like after the prod and almost replace point, so it he looked like town once he got into the game it yes would override my dislike of his first couple posts at my almost replace in point.

Did I understand your question there?
Yeah, it actually looks like I misunderstood you and not the other way around. When you said you picked up on something he'd do as town, I thought you meant you'd picked it up here and were townreading him as a result and then flipped that read.
Tammy wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

There's nothing faceable about that and once it became a town tell it ceased being a town tell.
Are you speaking generally or about Insanity specifically? Because for some people, it's still a town tell.
Firebringer wrote:I think everything you are doing is just pushing me either for playstyle issues or just because you see me as easy mislynch potential. That is all. Frankly I could see you as town here, but I think its doubtful. Would anyone tell me anything I am missing about MOI that is townie that I am straight up ignoring?
For what it's worth, I kind of see this too. The only thing is I feel like Magna is good enough to not need easy pushes. It seems like as scum he could go after whoever he wants and look town doing it.
Firebringer wrote:I wanted to respond to this post as well but forgot.

I think you are misunderstanding my read? I don't think of PJ as incompetent scum. PJ won several scum games at Calimeet, like he isn't terrible at it. I think when he plays he goes for this kind of more pronounced behavior of questioning things that are either apparent or obvious in order to seem like he is trying to think things out. When we played at Cali I remember often he would ask odd questions that seemed like they were like he had dozed off in the middle of the game and was trying to replant himself. I don't think its very similar to here. Like I said I think peoples behavior in a faster paced games is going to be similar to a longer paced games but in more subtle ways.

For example (self meta here), in a faster paced games I act impulsively and with little forethought of what will occur because of my actions. I behave that way in longer faster paced games as well. Its just sometimes now I have a minute to think about the madness and what can potentially happen. Theres still impulsivity in my play its just now its not as obnoxious (although i think some would say it is).
Post 467 doesn't give you that impression?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Old Man »

In post 465, Lycanfire wrote:where i'm at: end of page 6

@Axel: Pine budding in with Chamber seems to be a re-occurring theme. What's your read on the Chamber slot?

@Eddie Cane: Have you called anybody dogshit yet?

@Moi: How do you feel about OM defining Eddie Cane as lynchbait and encouraging Petro to make something of themselves?

@Roflcopter: You wanted no business in OM or Eddie in . What about Axel interested you so much that you'd sit on the vote for +/- 80 posts?

@Tammy: I'd ask Chamber what the fuck he's doing for half of his posts. If you want to play get in the mind of your pred I'm game~

@Woofbringer: Did you ask Pine to marry you just to make Moi jealous?

People I'm hard tring~

Hito made a roundabout post that "leads back to zero". It reads like Hito had a good point and decided to keep talking until he discredited himself, which is something that would come from town opposed to a scumbutt that gets off on having authority.

OM. The gambit is good. He's the most sociable player on the list so far interacting with everybody besides KMD and Cooldog, and I feel like he's pushing people in the right places./ I'm only seeing good intent from him so far.

People I'm hard sring~

Chamber dropped a shitpost in and Pine made the very reasonable reply afterwards... in .

cough
sorry if I leave it like that my point will be lost on people

Pine interfered with Chamber's push on Eddie. Make your good points™ all you like, I'll probably roll my eyes onto my touchpad. What shooting it down immediately does is remove any utility his poorly intended question had. Why'd you break up the fight Pine? Chiarire.

VOTE: Pine
Hi.

Thanks for the townread but I'm afraid that your post here looks too fake for me. Top that up with Tywin's scummy replace-out/flake and that's a sealed vote on your slot.

VOTE: Lycanfire

Please exterminate this. Thank you.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by Old Man »

In post 410, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 392, Old Man wrote:Hi. Not going to write an extended reply countering your arguments point by point, given the fact that I believe your stubbornness currently points towards you being town.*

It seems that you feel that the conclusions that I have obtained from my metadive on you are inaccurate? Please correct me then. Since I have already shown sufficient proof to back up my conclusions, this time the burden of proof shifts back to you to show me why my assessment is wrong.

Also, it is strange that you would be unsatisfied with the evidence I have provided, which is your two most recent games of both alignments. Are you saying that these most recent games are not representative of your current play, despite being the most recent (one game dates back to 2016)? Shouldn't your most recent games reflect all your improvements from your older games that are years older, and not the other way round?
I'll keep this to the point - again this isnt't debate class. Don't expect me to spend time defending my Town game (which I am more than adequately equipped to do ... Tammy at the minimum can absolutely vouch for this) to you because it is of no purpose. I don't particularly care what you think of my Town game. I do care to point out that your "meta dive" (again, 2 games is like the poster child for small sample size) doesn't look like an actual effort to determine how I play as both alignments but very much like you cherry picked games to support a position that I can safely be ignored regardless of my alignment (Scumgod who can never be trusted or Village Idiot who should be dismissed) which fits a scum agenda much more easily than a Town one. Again this is simply evidence I don't want swept under the rug as people basically ignore you due to your claim. I want as much evidence as possible in the case that you aren't revealed Town pretty much at the start of Day 2. And heck if you are actually an Innocent Child it gives me an insight into your ability as Town. Which I can't meta since conveniently you are a hidden alt. Which is another reason I find your obsession with meta off.
Hi.

I did skim the rest of your older games but I saw no need to link them in the thread because it's likely nobody will read them. The patterns that I found are the same. I only linked the two most recent games of each alignment (total four) in total to prove that I did my homework.

Hito provided his two most recent games as both alignments in the post above yours. It's a fairly normal thing to do. I don't see anything unusual about it. If you're unhappy about your performance in your most recent 2 games that is no concern of mine. If you feel that the results of my metadive are inaccurate you are free to prove otherwise. If you think Tammy can testify for the decency of your towngame, please feel free to request her to make a statement to convince myself and the rest of the town.

Thanks.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by Old Man »

In post 456, Tammy wrote: Old Man - What do you like about insanity's ?
It has been explained on Page 11, Post #269.

Thanks for replacing into a scummy slot (chamber/Morality) and becoming obvious town, Tammy.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by Old Man »

In post 471, Pine wrote:As a personal favor, please cut me some slack on the D1 lynch. I've only been skimming, but the bulk of the case against me seems to be activity-based, supplemented by tonal changes and some inconsistency. Frankly, that's all Pinecone.

As I settle back into being a person, I guarantee I can recover and satisfy the concerns.

I will be happy to "cut you some slack on the D1 lynch" but misrepresenting the basis of the scumreads on you as a result of your IRL issues (by the way, they are not) is not a good look for you.

We will resume the process of sticking the pitchforks up your nether region on Day 2 onwards.

You can say that Pinecone saved your mafia life this time.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 12:31 am

Post by insanity018 »

In post 478, Tammy wrote:Wait what would coming back from a v/la have to do with how you’re reading the game? Are you reading it straight through or via ISO’s or not? And if iso why not read it straight through?
My usual play is reading straight through, while checking anything I found interesting against what the person had previously said in ISO.

When catching up after being away from the thread from a while, I need to go to through more posts in my read straight through. That means the context/timing of each individual post makes less of an impression. I still check things in people's ISO. So, when catching up after V/LA, any trends I saw from people's ISO generally makes a bigger impression on me than the read straight through.
In post 477, Tammy wrote:
Repeated with some frequency. This is something you've mentioned as the only reason given for a Hito townread and . I find it strange that roflcoptor calls out an over-explained Axel townread, but not a similarly odd repeated explanation of a townread on Hito (who he is currently voting).

Now that you have read more of Hito's posts, what is your current read of him?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 am

Post by insanity018 »

@Old Man, I don't think you have answered whether you looked at any of Pine's town games for your meta case?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 2:50 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 413, Eddie Cane wrote:Lol Hito I read some of 17 Kilos when diving Elli didn't remember you being in that game. I'll look through when I have more time.
self reminder to not be lazy
In post 415, MagnaofIllusion wrote:He isn’t willing to vote any of his “suspects” and keeps his vote on Tammy who is near the top of his Town reads.
to be fair, from your POV isn't that a good thing?
In post 418, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hey Eddie ... want to build a wagon on Firebringer with me? I'll be fun and productive ...
I don't really scumread him.
In post 424, Pine wrote:Third, chamber was being a dick
you mean my reaction wasn't bad?
In post 425, Tammy wrote:They were actually for a similar thing. Magna wanted to know when you'd called people town early, Chamber wanted to know when Eddie had played specifically like this. Which I would guess is kinda lurky, sniping from the sidelines and not doing anything in general. I mean it's pretty easy to say yeah last game I took this approach as town was X.
I mean I did do this last game, lol. You've already referenced what game it was. Its a shitty general question though. I'm known as a player who's really sarcastic, kind of an asshole, and standoffish, so I didn't know what he was specifically looking for. I town lean you ATP but I didn't think he could have genuinely meta'd me and come to the conclusion I'm scum here.
In post 425, Tammy wrote:Chamber might have been a dick about the newbie date thing in general, I agree there, but Eddie has been being a bit dickish himself.
I'm only a dick reactively. I'm teaching and also bartending, I put up with enough bullshit in person. I don't want to be the bigger person in mafia.
In post 425, Tammy wrote:You did respond to Magna in a more amiable way though, while jumping in the middle of Chamber's questioning of someone else to crap on his attempt to get a read somewhere els
This is a fair point. The rest is meh, but I did appreciate one person advocating for me when I was being circlejerk wagoned. Which is why I disagree with
If you're on an anti-toxic kick lately, you're kinda doing that wrong.
In post 426, Tammy wrote:Not much to say on Eddie except I kinda liked that part where he talked about "carrying everyone" but without knowing anything about Eddie I'm not sure whether that type of bravado is actually alignment indicative.
I think I do it more as town but I've done it as scum.
In post 427, petroleumjelly wrote:I have read through Pine's posts multiple times now, and I am legitimately not seeing it. He has been blindly defending you from pushes and has attacked those who attacked you (and invited you to vote chamber with him). It is no surprise he does not find the confirmation pushes to have any merit, since that would just make himself look bad. He first asked you to "simmer down," which was then later followed by Post #144, which reads as a second not-so-subtle attempt to request that you be less adversarial. This isn't sorting; this is advising.
I don't remember why I thought that. Looking back Pine's early stuff still doesn't look scummy to me. He's defending someone he knows is competent from stupid bullshit such as not adding a winkie face to a joke. ;)
In post 427, petroleumjelly wrote:Pine's posting reads to me like he's your partner trying to defend against you being wagoned while advising you on how to change up your play to avoid garnering votes (see my Post #286 where I explain the connection tell).
incorrect

In post 435, Korts wrote:
Lycanfire replaces Tywin Lannister.
LYCANNNN
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 3:19 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 441, Kison wrote:Having trouble seeing the PetroleumJelly scum reads. Someone mentioned earlier they scum read him because he's throwing out a lot of questions. I quickly looked at some of his other games and it seems to be pretty standard for his play style. Someone else mentioned they didn't like his vote #5 on Eddie. Is that it?
his questions are generally just shit though, and about half his content this game is asking me bad questions while voteparking me.
In post 443, Kmd4390 wrote:I've said a handful of times why your waiting on me despite the wagon on you was town. And then there's the fact that I'm pretty sure there was scum on your wagon and I don't think they were bussing. There's also been nothing in your posts since then to suggest you are scum. Everything reads as a genuine effort to solve the game.
I guess I don't get why you aren't paranoid of me here like I remember you being in the last game we were both town in. I can't actually remember where I'm remembering that from though, so maybe I'm crazy.
In post 444, Tammy wrote:I don't know Boon very well, but he seems like he's got a pretty big ego about his game and I can't imagine him running away even if he were scum, but that's neither here nor there because it's not what happened.
This is also fair. He likes scum and its definitely the better alignment for his playstyle, though recently he's been super lurky (busy with work).
In post 447, Kmd4390 wrote:Firebringer, your town read on Jelly is one I'm having trouble understanding and it's not just because I disagree with it. You seem to have the idea that he's borderline incompetent as scum which I don't at all get. And then any other mention of him is either just that he's definitely town and you saying that you already elaborated on him. Your read feels overstated if anything. I'd just like to know if there's more to it or if it's as simple as you don't think he can...well...play the game as scum. I'd imagine a guy who has been on the site for 13 years is capable of playing the way he has been so far so hopefully there's more to it or I'm just misunderstanding you completely.
facts
In post 450, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Pine – How’s that Fire reread coming?
self reminder to do this too
In post 453, hitogoroshi wrote:Agree with Kison that the Tywin flake makes me feel even better about the vote. Obviously flaking can happen as any alignment but this smells like a scum flake because of the cadence where his posts got progressively narrower in scope. Remember, 320 was his last post, and it was a single minded attempt to attack his way out of the hole. It didn't work and it earned him a couple more votes. So I can easily see flaking as being a symptom of just not having anything to say.
I don't think Tywin flaking is AI, when he got prodded the first time he got prodded in our other ongoing game too and he was town there. He was also generally posting in both at the same time, but less here.
In post 455, Tammy wrote:Pine - In 153, you say that Firebringer's "Let's be Masons" thing could be a prelude to pocketing. Why? I thought that was a typical type of Firebringer statement.
It is.
In post 455, Tammy wrote:I don't agree with Eddie on his 156 that a KMD!town was pretty much obligated to come out and defend him from an rvs wagon on the basis that he's a good player, but I like what it says about Eddie. It reminds me along the lines of how I've expected for certain players in the game to interact with me based on past games/personal interactions, etc. Don't know why he thought Tywin was town in isolation. Don't know why he thought Pine was genuinely sorting him, but I'm pretty sure I remember that being brought up and hashed out, so if that was a dream this is something I'll come back to if not, eh.
Because I was being policy lynched and aside from Pine he was really the only one saying anything about it. They can defend it all they want, but it isn't a coincidence the person with the newest join date ended up being l-2 within a couple pages.
In post 455, Tammy wrote:Did ffery give you meta on insanity?
A bit. She didn't have much. I always do pregame meta QnA with my friends in games I'm going to be serious about.
In post 455, Tammy wrote:where?
lol
In post 457, Kmd4390 wrote:You said you picked up on something he'd be more likely to do as town. What I meant was why do your reasons for scumreading him outweigh whatever that was?
I would be more interested in knowing what the thing was now that Tywin's gone.
In post 462, Tammy wrote:EDDIE - You just finished a game with town!Tywin, who am I wrong people thought was scummy, is his play here different?
Definitely on both counts.
In post 465, Lycanfire wrote:@Eddie Cane: Have you called anybody dogshit yet?
PJ maybe. I don't think so. <3
In post 475, insanity018 wrote:Can you tell us why you townread Eddie so strongly that you are happy to sheep his vote?
Probably the same reason KMD TRs me, but I want to see Doggo's answer too. He was the only scum I didn't hard SR in TM :(
In post 475, insanity018 wrote:I agree that I don't like those stances from Firebringer. However, I'm also feeling that his play is almost too blatant or too scummy to actually be scum.
what is your doggo read? pls no 2scum2bscum, that's never a good read.
In post 477, Tammy wrote:

haha
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Eddie, it wasn't paranoia. I was scum reading Transcend before you replaced him in that game.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm talking about a different game. Shrug.

-

viewtopic.php?p=10161352#p10161352

Best interaction of the thread IMO, right down to Tywin not being able to show one of his precious personal insults.

viewtopic.php?p=10158517#p10158517

Tywin is very lynchabity as town despite wallposting, I saw that from an earlier metadive. Lemme go try and find the link. Don't really know why, probably something to do with having awful reads and nonsensical posts. E: can't find the link. His play here is worse than that other game, and I was FoSing him but mostly reading him as gamethrowing town in that game. I want to give Lycan space though, he can have incredibly accurate reads like insanely so and the way he gets them is kinda insane speaking from someone who was in a TM team with him. Not going to vote there anytime soon.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I don't remember ever both being town outside of Team Mafia so I'm not sure what game you mean.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Old Man »

In post 486, insanity018 wrote:@Old Man, I don't think you have answered whether you looked at any of Pine's town games for your meta case?
I didn't have enough time. I'll get to it... eventually.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Korts »

Vote Count
(4) Lycanfire - hitogoroshi, Kison, insanity018, Old Man
(2) Pine - Axelrod, Lycanfire
(2) Eddie Cane - petroleumjelly, Tammy
(2) hitogoroshi - roflcopter, CooLDoG
(2) petroleumjelly - Eddie Cane, Firebringer
(1) Axelrod - Pine
(1) Firebringer - MagnaofIllusion

not voting:
Kmd4390

8 to lynch

Deadline is 6 PM EST on Monday the 28th of May.
scumchat never die
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote petroleum jelly

^That must have fallen off somehow.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Kison »

In post 450, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 441, Kison wrote:I'm still very happy with my Tywin vote. Him flaking out makes me feel even better about it. I see Firebringer has some votes on him now. I'd consider switching back but I'm happier where I am for the time being. None of the other wagons particularly interest me right now.
I think I’m his solo vote right now re Fire FYI.

Why do you think Twyin flaking is aligment indicative?
True. I guess I saw you asking Eddie to join & mis-remembered that as a second vote. Either way, my statement stands!

For Tywin, could be confirmation bias, but each of his posts looked harder to explain away. Easiest way out is just to flake. However, after thinking about it a bit more I'm less inclined to think the flaking means much. (1) Game
is
painful to keep up with. (2) Looks like he hasn't posted in his other games either. Very possible he just site flaked altogether. (3) Also just saw Eddie say he got prodded in his other game when he got prodded here the first time, so there's that as well.
In post 488, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 441, Kison wrote:Having trouble seeing the PetroleumJelly scum reads. Someone mentioned earlier they scum read him because he's throwing out a lot of questions. I quickly looked at some of his other games and it seems to be pretty standard for his play style. Someone else mentioned they didn't like his vote #5 on Eddie. Is that it?
his questions are generally just shit though, and about half his content this game is asking me bad questions while voteparking me.
Alright. I think I see you, KMD & Firebringer all scum reading him. Making it a self-imposed homework assignment to read through his posts next. Nothing really stood out to me on my read through the game.

I'm also a bit underwhelmed with Lycan's catchup post.

rofl: plz don't flake out I was looking forward to playing with you & why's the Tywin wagon bad???
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Pine »

I've been thinking about it, and my guy Fire!scum read is really strong. There's something off about him.
In post 484, Old Man wrote:
In post 471, Pine wrote:As a personal favor, please cut me some slack on the D1 lynch. I've only been skimming, but the bulk of the case against me seems to be activity-based, supplemented by tonal changes and some inconsistency. Frankly, that's all Pinecone.

As I settle back into being a person, I guarantee I can recover and satisfy the concerns.

I will be happy to "cut you some slack on the D1 lynch" but misrepresenting the basis of the scumreads on you as a result of your IRL issues (by the way, they are not) is not a good look for you.

We will resume the process of sticking the pitchforks up your nether region on Day 2 onwards.

You can say that Pinecone saved your mafia life this time.
Given that she's the reason I haven't been able to defend myself adequately nor effectively prosecute the SRs I have, it's not unreasonable for her to be my reprieve.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Pine »

VOTE: Firebringer
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 8:12 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Reasons to vote Eddie Cane:

1.)
Not confirming in-thread, though is at
best
a minor point. The theory here is that he could have possibly confirmed in a scum PT,
or
he could have been intentionally holding off an official in-thread confirmation, thinking it would allow him more time to talk in the scum PT before the game began.

2.)
After the Mod announced the game had begun -- i.e., everybody had confirmed -- Eddie Cane quietly confirmed in-thread and then made a "not RVS" vote.

Had nobody called out his in-thread confirmation, it would have appeared that he was just now confirming and hadn't realized the game had started until posting. I think this post was an intentional attempt to conform. It suggests without saying.

3.)
When pressed about both his confirmation and his non-RVS vote, he simply posted "revelation: old people don't understand jokes." This is problematic in multiple ways.

First, Eddie Cane is wedging the term "old people" into the game as a contrast to himself. While clearly not a newbie, he has multiple times 'explained' the votes on him as being because he has a more recent join date, and that his wagon is 'policy.' This is very obviously not the case. It's like he's trying to get the benefits of playing the newbie card while acknowledging he is not a newbie.

Second, Eddie Cane did not initially clarify whether he "confirmation" or his non-RVS vote was supposed to be a joke. His sweep is far too general.

Third, if the in-thread confirmation was a joke, then there were
no
suggestions that it was a joke. There are multiple ways that could have been done. And yet apparently adding a winky face (or literally
any
comment to suggest he was joking) is "stupid bullshit". Clearly it isn't, especially coming from somebody who already uses emoticons fairly frequently in their posting.

4.)
Eddie Cane then declined to interact with chamber's legitimate prodding, and ultimately attempted to excuse himself from posting content potentially up to page 10 of the game (see Post #70). When he was correctly called out on this by MagnaofIllusion, Eddie Cane had the absurd over-reaction of:
In post 83, Eddie Cane wrote:Arrogant oldie thinking he knows better than me, complete with
bold
and
italics
. next time try underlining it I might understand better. You should check your math, though, because it's more like 1-2 days at max. I'm not going to rush my sorting because of a retarded wagon on me.
This post is
incredibly
bad, and pretty childish overall.

First, and
again
, Eddie Cane draws a line between an ("arrogant") "oldie" and himself.

Second, he then tries to shift the discussion as if people are talking down to him (which is a constant theme when somebody is pressig him). That is not what's happening here. MagnaofIllusion was putting a stop to any attempts of Eddie Cane to avoid having to post content for a significant portion of the game.

Third, Eddie Cane dismisses his wagon as being "retarded." Besides being language he obviously shouldn't be avoiding, it's also not the case. RVS wagons are often necessary to give a game momentum (which he must know). The reasons for a wagon starting on him in this game are as legitimate as anything. And the two additional votes (from myself and chamber) were due to his
reactions
to his wagon.

5.)
When Eddie Cane gives his first post with reads in it (see Post #128), there is little explanation, but what stands out to me is how his reads seem to correlate with those on or off his wagon. His three scumreads (Kmd4390, myself, and chamber) are all players who were voting for him. His top two Townreads (CooLDog and Old Man) are a claimed power role and the guy going most all-out against the Eddie Wagon cane. His other two Townreads (Kison and roflcopter) are a player who finds the confirmation votes "silly" and a player who voted for Axelrod while saying it was a "better vote than eddie or pine."

Essentially, all of his stated reads appear be surface-level and reactionary as to whether players agree with the gist of the Eddie Cane/Pine push.

6.)
For my part, I tried to look at things from another angle at this point in the game. I did not like (and still do not like) Eddie Cane's posting, but it is certainly possible that part of my scumread on him can be attributed to me simply not liking his playstyle, and maybe his confirmation post was a poor joke.

I tried to ask him
multiple
times to explain his motivations as to why he was playing the way he was (see Post #195, Post #227, Post #263, Post #286, and Post #303). I still never really received a satisfactory answer.

At first he "couldn't tell me" what his mindset was, and then invited me to ask
other
players to fill in Eddie Cane's mindset for me (Post #278). He later sweeps away my questions again and then invites me to spend "five minutes" skimming any of his games (Post #289). After I do that, he basically reverts to insisting I am "talking down to him" (Post #306) when it is very clear I am just trying to get actual answers from him.

7.)
Eddie has also been highly evasive when I pressed on him on his read of Pine:
In post 156, Eddie Cane wrote:I couldn't say this before, but Pine and I had an ongoing game during this and his posting here felt like he was genuinely trying to sort me. 52 is pretty townie. his attempts to engage me ring genuine from the perspective he was a player who just saw me perform as (pocketed) town. some of his posts kind of felt buddy-y on the surface but i doubt he'd hard buddy me 2 games in a row in immediate succession so i don't read into it. pine is my most hesitant tr but i'm still gonna call him a tr above a lean and he's off the table for a lynch.
First, Eddie Cane indicates he was thinking Pine has been trying to "sort him" well before this post, and that he was simply waiting to be able to say so. Second, he explicitly says that Pine has had "attempts to engage" with him.

When asked, Eddie's first response was:
In post 397, Eddie Cane wrote:Sorting doesn't mean asking a bunch of questions. He's sorting my alignment, internally. It followed off our last game and recent games are always more fresh in your subconscious.
I press again for a more in-depth explanation, and we get:
In post 413, Eddie Cane wrote:You already listed posts...
I press a third time, and now:
In post 479, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 467, petroleumjelly wrote:1.) Eddie Cane, please explain why you feel Pine is internally "sorting" you.
asking me the same retarded question while i'm busy irl for a third time is not going to make me answer quicker, maybe try 4 or 5?
In post 487, Eddie Cane wrote:I don't remember why I thought that. Looking back Pine's early stuff still doesn't look scummy to me. He's defending someone he knows is competent from stupid bullshit such as not adding a winkie face to a joke.
So now, the thing that Eddie Cane was initially thinking but
couldn't say
about Pine, and then he
could
say about Pine once their other game ended, is something he "can't remember." And apparently he can't figure out what it was by simply re-reading Pine's posts in this game.

I think Eddie Cane's "read" on Pine is completely fabricated. While initially giving his read, he expressly said that Pine was "engaging" with him, but after being pressed he withdraws and changes up the language, suggesting Pine is simply sorting him "internally" and therefore doesn't have to ask questions or actively discuss anything with him. And now he somehow doesn't remember where he got his impression.

~

Even now Eddie Cane's reads ultimately appear to be that people who support him in the game are Town, and people who attack (or "annoy") him in the game are scum, with the occasional nuance thrown in for players in-between. He continually avoids explaining himself, and acts offended when he is pressed. While clearly not a newbie, he is happy to jump to how "old" players are attacking him in a "circlejerk" of voting for a player with a recent join date.

At this point I strongly encourage more votes on Eddie Cane.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

reasons to vote pj: 7 points against me that are absolute dogshit.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”