Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Glork »

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room?"
-GLaDOS

Vote Count:

Guardian 2 (Incognito, Ether)

Not Voting: Gorrad, Guardian, Miztef, Your Worst Nightmare

Six alive, FOUR to lynch.
Last edited by Glork on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Guardian, I think you're in the wrong here- Ether's plan seems pretty solid to me. I'm ok with a Guardian lynch, but I'd rather NL and try the plan if possible.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Guardian »

I disagree with the plan for reasons stated, however, I do agree that the plan of no-lynching is better than the plan of lynching me, the hider.

I think it would, at the least, be better to scum hunt today and get some thoughts out there before no lynching, but if the result of your scum hunting is "lynch obv Guardian scum now now!11" and you want to do that or no lynch immediately, we can no lynch now, since I won't be able to re-read for a couple of days, at the earliest.

So, if you are all irreconcilably sold to lynching me or going with Ether's plan, I'll comply with Ether's plan.

I reiterate: if I am dead and Ether isn't lynch Ether -- unless you think Incognito is an SK, then no lynch and hope. :?.

Just so there's no unclarity, the plan is:

Gorrad --> me
Incognito --> YWN
Ether --> Miztef
me --> Ether

right?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Incognito »

Ether wrote:By the way, Incognito is even more obvobvtown because he's voting Guardian. If he were a serial killer, no-lynch would be the safer route for him.
The fact that Ether has provided even
more
reason to help support the idea of me being town leads me to believe that Ether is even more obvobvtown. I'm almost certain scum wouldn't go out of their way to find additional reasons for someone to be town, especially in this tight of a situation.

By the way, Guardian, I could make a case against you just based on the Night 1 Mafia kill alone. You can feel free to shout WIFOM all you want about this, but to me it just seems logical. The scum chose Patrick as the NK. To me, that NK choice just seems like the work of inexperienced scum (The Jester). Flameaxe was either V/LA that weekend or just didn't care about the game so he probably couldn't discuss with The Jester, and Sir Tornado was absent site-wide. In my opinion, Ether has the experience and knowledge to
know
that the correct NK during N1 would have been the weak doctor, Mach-Mafia. If she was scum, I'm pretty sure she would have chosen him as the NK as opposed to the unconfirmed townie Patrick. It's not like she could have predicted this near end-game situation to force me to think along these lines either.

You guys can vote no lynch if you want to, I feel terrific about my vote, and I won't be moving it all day. And if you do "No Lynch", I will be targeting Guardian tonight who will then use that as "proof" that he's the hider when in fact he's the un-nightkillable Godfather.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Gorrad »

...I don't think we're in LYLO. Huh. I thought we were for some reason. Incognito, please don't kill if Guardian turns up town. Your case is solid.

Vote: Guardian
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Incognito »

Gorrad wrote:Incognito, please don't kill if Guardian turns up town.
If Guardian is lynched today and does turn up town, I will do whatever the general town consensus is.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Guardian »

vote: no lynch

"The plan", though it has faults, is much better than lynching me.

What are you going to do when I turn up town and there's 4 -- or 3 -- people alive tomorrow?

Lynch Ether? Lynch Incognito? Lynch YWN? Lynch Miztef?

You'll have no flipping idea what to do, because you'll have wasted today lynching me for -- ostensibly -- role-based reasons -- reasons that are leading to a completely incorrect conclusion.

No one's concretely critiqued my play in the slightest, you're just saying "oh, well, Guardian must be scum... vote."

Oh, and Incognito's note about the night 1 kill is bogus, especially since Sir T was around to make the no hide choice.

You're also ignoring how I claimed a role that did nothing N1, and Hid N2 -- that fits in perfectly with Ether's claim, that I had no way of knowing anything about. Lyching me today is a great way to start pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory.

We've got 2 scum dead, let's not throw the game away, please. Thanks.
Do not lynch me.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Guardian wrote:
vote: no lynch

"The plan", though it has faults, is much better than lynching me.

What are you going to do when I turn up town and there's 4 -- or 3 -- people alive tomorrow?

Lynch Ether? Lynch Incognito? Lynch YWN? Lynch Miztef?

You'll have no flipping idea what to do, because you'll have wasted today lynching me for -- ostensibly -- role-based reasons -- reasons that are leading to a completely incorrect conclusion.

No one's concretely critiqued my play in the slightest, you're just saying "oh, well, Guardian must be scum... vote."

Oh, and Incognito's note about the night 1 kill is bogus, especially since Sir T was around to make the no hide choice.

You're also ignoring how I claimed a role that did nothing N1, and Hid N2 -- that fits in perfectly with Ether's claim, that I had no way of knowing anything about. Lyching me today is a great way to start pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory.

We've got 2 scum dead, let's not throw the game away, please. Thanks.
1. That depends on night actions, doesn't it?

2. Alright. Guardian must be scum because of how much pressure he put on a working plan, as well as my results and Incognito's points.

3. That there was a no-hide is on your word alone

4. We're doing really well. We can afford to take a gamble like this that has odds so much in our favor.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

Gorrad wrote:1. That depends on night actions, doesn't it?
Huh?
Gorrad wrote:2. Alright. Guardian must be scum because of how much pressure he put on a working plan
The plan *has* problems: if Incognito is a SK, for instance. However, It is better than lynching me and going to night with no kill.
Gorrad wrote:as well as my results
wtf -- you think the scum have no role that illudes your restults? we've lynched 2 goons. you think I'm scum and ether and incog are town:

you think this game the town had a weak doc, a gunsmith, a rb, a vig, vs 3 goons???
Gorrad wrote:and Incognito's points.
huh?
Gorrad wrote:3. That there was a no-hide is on your word alone
no shit. my no hide is *ALSO* consistent with everyone else's claims, *despite* my claiming first. that's on *everyone's* word.
Gorrad wrote:4. We're doing really well. We can afford to take a gamble like this that has odds so much in our favor.
This is idiocy. We're doing really well, and there are 6 alive. We can afford to lynch a townie, since tomorrow won't -- OH WAIT. Tomorrow WILL be lylo, for 100% certainty if you lynch me, unless ether blocks scum AND incognito no kills.

Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Guardian »

kill should be plan, above, for no kill.

Anyways:

Seriously, YWN or Miztef could any second, and tomorrow be like "well, yeah, I thought everything made sense"

and you'd have no fsking idea what to do tomorrow, no matter who wound up dead, or what results were claimed.

Me being scum makes precious little sense, but it could be confirmed by Ether's plan -- or reading the thread and seeing how me being scum isn't very plausible.

Lynching me today makes absolutely ZERO sense.

I'm extremely disappointed that you're just following along here Gorrad, because I know you're town, and you're dead wrong.

Does Incognito saying "even if we use the plan, I won't follow it, I'll try and kill Guardian, and then even if he doesn't die I'll say he's a godfather" mean nothing to you???

FFS.
Do not lynch me.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:38 am

Post by Gorrad »

It sounds like a similar stubborness I had in the recently-completed Weather Mafia. The only difference between this and the original plan is that Ether is checked by my results rather than your ability. Besides, if you would be following the plan tonight you wouldn't be worried about Incog targetting you, as you'd be hiding and immune.

Speaking of which, given that there's a Vig, after Weather Mafia Glork putting in a Mafia Hider is far from inconcievable.
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Ether wrote:By the way, Incognito is even more obvobvtown because he's voting Guardian. If he were a serial killer, no-lynch would be the safer route for him.
No it wouldn't. Because he knows that by doing exactly that, he'd make you believe he is viggean and not SK.

And even so, no-lynch WOULDN'T be the safer route for him anyway. The quicker he disposes of people, the less likely people start doubting his claim. And the more easier and faster his job becomes (being the last one alive).

Incognito wrote:I like the fact that Ether was able to surmise that I was the other killer based on the information she drew from the thread and through her own abilities if she is in fact the roleblocker.
I would like to know HOW she was able to determine that, and why she only revealed it AFTER you yourself said you were a viggean.

I'll think about hammering Guardian after she answers this.
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 am

Post by Incognito »

Guardian, I don't see how you could state that the best plan of action is to hunt scum, then when I've hunted scum and presented a case against you, you're now reeling back and stating that Ether's plan of No Lynch makes even more sense than lynching you.
That
makes no sense. If you were truly worried about me being an SK and Ether being mafia, you would realize that No Lynch would be the WORST thing the town could do right now as it just allows me, the so-called SK, to take out whomever I wanted and the remaining mafiate to take out one of the confirmed townies. I think all you're interested in right now is your OWN survival because you are the last scum. End of story.

Also, you're criticizing Gorrad for not thinking that the mod might have placed a mafia role in the game to counteract his investigative abilities but you're completely ignoring the fact that Gorrad himself could be mafia who could have some ability to counteract the weak doctor and you, the so-called hider. Why haven't you considered that? Is it because you
know
he's town and not lying about his role?

Anyway, I'd advise that nobody hammers in the meantime. I would like to go back through the thread to see if I could find anything that might implicate someone else as the possible scum partner for Flameaxe and The Jester.
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Incognito wrote:Anyway, I'd advise that nobody hammers in the meantime. I would like to go back through the thread to see if I could find anything that might implicate someone else as the possible scum partner for Flameaxe and The Jester.
Yet you keep your vote...
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Incognito »

Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
Incognito wrote:Anyway, I'd advise that nobody hammers in the meantime. I would like to go back through the thread to see if I could find anything that might implicate someone else as the possible scum partner for Flameaxe and The Jester.
Yet you keep your vote...
What's wrong with that?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Guardian »

I don't have time to post detail/clearly right now (tomorrow hopefully), just doing a drive-by in some threads then going back to studying;

Gorrad you admit being stubborn in 510 and keep your vote... why? Dude, as I said, we will be in LYLO tomorrow if I'm lynched, and with such a short day we'll have no flipping idea who to lynch.

Like a page ago, you said you agree with the plan, and preferred it to my lynch. No more? You say I'm a scum hider Gorrad -- then why don't we see about that and have you check me tonight? I'm not a killing role.

I feel I'm being straw-man'd by Incognito in 512. For instance, you say I am being inconsistent about scum-hunting. I explicitly said I still think scum-hunting is the best way to go, but that if the results of y'alls scum hutning is "lynch Guardian NOW NOW lulz... or maybe go with Ether plan kekek" then we should no-lynch now, since it will be several days at the earliest when I get a chance to scum hunt, and there is little case on me, so a flawed no-lynch plan is better than a me-lynch.

I similarly wonder why Incognito calls for no hammer but keeps his vote.

YWN: If Ether's a RB, and she trusts Gorrad's results:
She knows I didn't kill N1 (she RB'd me). She knows Gorrad didn't (power role). She knows YWN and Miztef didn't (Gorrad says they can't kill). She knows she can't (obv.). So only Incognito is left as a killing role that killed N1 and N2.
Do not lynch me.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Incognito »

Guardian, what about this:
Incognito wrote:Also, you're criticizing Gorrad for not thinking that the mod might have placed a mafia role in the game to counteract his investigative abilities but you're completely ignoring the fact that Gorrad himself could be mafia who could have some ability to counteract the weak doctor and you, the so-called hider. Why haven't you considered that? Is it because you
know
he's town and not lying about his role?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Guardian »

I hadn't thought of that. It is certainly possible.

Again, why we need to scumhunt.

Note: I didn't say I found Gorrad scummy for that, I just thought he hadn't thought it through. So before you go say I'm scummy for not thinking of that; that's not what I accused Gorrad of. I agree with you I hadn't thought that through about Gorrad.

All the more reason we need to not rush through the day, and instead have all 6 players carefully analyze the other 5.
Do not lynch me.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Incognito »

Ugh. I thought I would get to the complete game analysis tonight but I'm way too tired. Tomorrow or maybe Friday into the weekend is when I should be able to get into it.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Incidentally,
mod
when is the deadline?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Glork »

April 18, at 0900 ET.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Guardian »

Okay, so I re-read and shite.

YWN: Likely townie. Behavior uber-reasonable.

Ether: Likely townie. Timing on Flameaxe lynch indicative of town alignment.

Miztef: Gadzooks batman! Lurker scum! Today's claim was pretty bullshit too ("ha.. I'm a townie.. ha... makes me look scummy eh? ha ha..."). If Miztef waltzes in and drops the hammer, lynch tomorrow (unless you are of the persuasion that Incognito is an SK).

Gorrad: Pretty reasonable until today. If Miztef isn't scum, I think it is Gorrad actually :?. But I think it is Miztef.

Incognito. SK or Vig. SK... or vig...
Learning SK. But, I mean, really hard to tell. Could be voting me since he wants a mislynch today (lynching the final scum would mean SK doom). Kinda bullshit reasoning about how if we went with the plan he'd NK me tonight, seeing as me not being killed (by his own admission) would prove absolutely nothing. Sure, he killed his top suspects -- it makes sense for an SK to hunt mafia.

My ideal plan:

Lynch Incognito today. Remove any chance of an SK win.

5 players go to night. Ether claims whomever she is going to RB beforehand (Miztef or YWN, I suggest Miztef) . I hide with Ether. Gorrad investigates me.

If I die and Ether doesn't, Ether is scum.
If Ether dies and I don't, I'm scum.

If Me and Ether die, one of Gorrad and whomever of {YWN,Miztef} Ether didn't block is scum, and whomever Ether blocks has to decide tomorrow.

If no one dies, we have 5 alive, and 2 chances to lynch scum.

Summary:
Incog might be SK -- lynch him to remove any chance of an SK winning this game.

At night:
Gorrad --> Me
Me --> Ether
Ether --> Miztef

That is my optimal plan, and I think the most likely to ensure a town victory.

unvote; vote: Incognito

Any questions, please ask.
Do not lynch me.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Incognito »

LOL! So you want to lynch a claimed vigilante (who, might I add, suggested the idea of a mass claim to begin with) because of a possible SK threat that you have no proof of instead of taking down the people you suspect to be mafia?

Confirm Vote: Guardian

My re-read of this thread is unnecessary at this point.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Ether »

So, uh, yeah, still voting Guardian. The "the last scum is everything-immune" sentiment is idiotic. (For a few seconds, I was taken aback that he hasn't tried to use that to get out of hiding with me yet. But that's the only way he can get out of being roleblocked, so he's still scum.)
Post 511, YWN wrote:No it wouldn't. Because he knows that by doing exactly that, he'd make you believe he is viggean and not SK.

And even so, no-lynch WOULDN'T be the safer route for him anyway. The quicker he disposes of people, the less likely people start doubting his claim. And the more easier and faster his job becomes (being the last one alive).
If Guardian is lynched as mafia today and the game doesn't end, Incognito will be lynched next, no questions asked. If he's a serial killer, his only chance to win is to keep the last mafiate alive until LyLo.
Post 511, YWN wrote:I would like to know HOW she was able to determine that, and why she only revealed it AFTER you yourself said you were a viggean.
Process of elimination. Like I said, I wanted to see if Incognito would claim the kills without knowing that I would get him lynched/blockspammed if he didn't.
Post 506, Guardian wrote:You're also ignoring how I claimed a role that did nothing N1, and Hid N2 -- that fits in perfectly with Ether's claim, that I had no way of knowing anything about.
You wouldn't have been told you were roleblocked. Hiders don't get results. It's irrelevant.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Incognito »

Flameaxe wrote:
Guardian wrote:=========[]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”