Song Contest 44 - Votes

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #80 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by AGar »

Totally entering with the sole purpose of being a pretentious douchebag in mind.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 am

Post by AGar »

After 21
After 30
After 40

Also, I think RBF has also won a contest outside of BotB, no?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:38 am

Post by AGar »

In post 161, Korts wrote:
In post 156, Amrun wrote:I am in general not really someone who strictly labels music into genres. It just doesn't work, in my opinion.

Music that cannot be categorized by genre is highly unlikely to succeed in reaching its audience. People in general need points of reference to compare music to when they try to analyze it in-depth: conventions and music theory can both serve as these points of reference, but most people don't have extensive knowledge of the latter, so genre standards are the go-to guide to music appreciation.

And most competent musicians know this. Most bands have a preexisting concept of what genre they want to fit into, and they compose their music accordingly. By denying the application of genre categorizations, you are robbing
yourself
of the chance to enjoy the music the way it was intended.

Stop being a fucking smarty-pants know-it-all Korts.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 169, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 146, Amrun wrote:Okay can someone explain it to me then because I don't get it. >.>

We spend weeks preening over how great our taste in music is and how everyone else's sucks, then we rabble when the results are late, then we cry in our beers as he place on the right hand side of the results.

Greatest. Description. Ever.

And fuck, they're stealing our jerbs! *angry fist wave*

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:47 am

Post by AGar »

In post 86, ChannelDelibird wrote:Hey, I have an idea - we could have a music-off where everyone enters whatever the hell they like and we see which one finishes first.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:11 am

Post by AGar »

In post 225, Matias wrote:That was easier than I thought. Wiki's all updated.

I'm narcissistic

I'm just gonna call you Matt, ok?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 am

Post by AGar »

In post 245, JDodge wrote:
In post 244, Parama wrote:Sweet jesus mainstream city tree.
Uh... no, don't know what that means.
2 songs I don't even have to listen to, a few I'm dreading listening to, and then a ton of stuff I've never heard of.

WHERE DO I FALL O LORD AND MASTER

I actually saw them live in concert about 3 years ago.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:28 am

Post by AGar »

Why does anyone bother giving Shaft alt links?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:13 am

Post by AGar »

In post 339, Fugitive wrote:
In post 326, Amrun wrote:
In post 306, Fugitive wrote:Turkey - I hate how Ann used to be the epitome of beauty and then she just let herself go.

It's awesome how instead of commenting on the music, you focus on the fact that like a 40-50 y/o woman weighs more than 2 pounds now. (By awesome, I mean stereotypical and extremely annoying.)

I keep some comments ambiguous so you don't know exactly how I'll vote. Unbunch your panties please.

No, fuck you man, I want you to post your votes
in the thread.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 348, Amrun wrote:
I looked it up
and she is 61 years old.

You're not a real fan.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:48 am

Post by AGar »

In post 359, Fugitive wrote:Oh, I saw Heart live too. With like Cheap Trick and Journey and someone else I think. Pretty mediocre show imo.

Couple years ago right?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Post by AGar »

In post 384, Fugitive wrote:
In post 376, AGar wrote:
In post 359, Fugitive wrote:Oh, I saw Heart live too. With like Cheap Trick and Journey and someone else I think. Pretty mediocre show imo.

Couple years ago right?

Yep, got dragged to some giant amphitheater that my parents wanted to see a bunch of classic pop/rock bands in.

Almost went to that show up by me. Glad I didn't apparently haha.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:05 am

Post by AGar »

Switzerland just won the award for longest teeter-totter between "Wow this is weird shit and kinda cool" and "Holy fuck this is pissing me the fuck off."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:34 am

Post by AGar »

In post 591, Robotnick2 wrote:What's the point in reviewing someone's work, especially someone who you KNOW will be reading your critiques, and not saying anything constructive?

To be fair, I enter to experience new music, not coach aspiring musicians on what they can do better. I vote based on how much I enjoy a given song. I'm not here to give you (or anyone) point by point breakdowns of what you could do better to get a recording contract. Not to be a dick, but there are better outlets for that than SC.

Return to “General Discussion”