ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:32 am

Post by ooba »

Elscouta wrote:- @Ooba: Nice way to enter in the game by voting for the largest wagon. Would you care to say a bit more?
I entered the game - looked at the most recent post with a vote count - saw who had the most votes - looked at number of votes to lynch and realized he could use some more pressure ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by ooba »

xvart wrote:
ooba wrote:
Elscouta wrote:- @Ooba: Nice way to enter in the game by voting for the largest wagon. Would you care to say a bit more?
I entered the game - looked at the most recent post with a vote count - saw who had the most votes - looked at number of votes to lynch and realized he could use some more pressure ..
You realized that I needed more pressure based on the soundness of the arguments presented (which you have not read) or the lack of appropriate responses on my part (which you wouldn't know)? How do you justify your realization?
6 pages into a large themed game .. An early band wagon .. early band wagons are most useful when you take the person close to lynch and see if it makes them over defensive or act strange .. (of course, by saying that I destroyed whatever purpose my vote might have served - but you asked)
xvart wrote:What is going to happen if you think that the wagon on me is baseless? How will you justify your vote as being anything other than opportunistic? Really though, how can you justify your vote being anything other than opportunistic even if you do agree with the wagon?
I'll shift my vote to the person who I think is the scummiest. Opportunistic is when you see the wagon going to lynch and you just want to hop on - I do not see an early Page 6 D1 lynch here so opportunism does not arise here..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by ooba »

Post 7:
Tries too hard to make sure its not a random vote?

Post *1:
Think xvart is joking here about the claimed scum bit

Post 41:
Not sure which parts of this post are meant to be funny and which parts serious

Post 44:
An FoS seems like an over reaction. I'm having a terrible time reading if people are joking or not

Post 45:
When you consider the fact that not random voting almost always without fail draws suspicion on the perpetrator, why in the world would scum not random vote?. WIFOM

Post 46/47/48:
Wow - can't believe that vote was serious ..

Post 52:
Cyberbob - not seeing much in either Elscouta (where he gives his reason as to why he doesn't think so) or xvart (where he doesn't).

Post 5*/54 -
Got to agree with this. Sign your names or be prepared to be attacked on issues like this

Post 55:
"Sens: I assume you believe anti-town ≠ scummy. Why anti-town before scummy? Would you lynch someone for being anti-town before scummy?" - I think Sens meant that during Day 1, he would vote for anti-town actions before he eventually voted for scummy actions which he finds.. Correct me if I'm wrong

Post 60:
Oh. Guess I was wrong. Then why not just lynch the worst lurker on Day 1?

Post 62:
xvart wrote:
Elmocrates wrote:xvart: How exactly is just throwing a vote out applying useful scrutiny?
Well for starters it shows I'm serious about it; and second, there seems to be a leading bandwagon going so I think that is useful scrutiny.

xvart.
This is more hindsight than anything else - but I like this post from xvart - gives me town vibes

Post 66:
Elmocrates wrote:
xvart wrote:I don't see any thing in claiming scum/scumbuddies to be inherently town.
There's nothing in signing your name at the bottom of each post that's inherently town, either - that's obviously not sufficient to suspect someone. It has to be, you know, actually suspicious. Do you find it suspicious?
Do not like this post. I think claiming scumbuddy just serves to confuse the town and is anti-town in some measures. (irrespective of whether town people are as likely to do it as scum). Comparing it with a neutral action like signing the name at the bottom of the post is ridiculous

Post 7*:
Whats wrong with serious votes in RVS stage - we get over random voting faster and actual discussion can start
FOS: Starbuck

Post 9*:
Iecerint: Why cant you let Starbuck answer questions directed to him?

Post 94:
Wow. I thought Sens play was decent. Lots of negative emotions. Forced?

Post 99:
Post by J-Scope resonates with most of my thoughts.

Post 102:
And I thought I had a town read on xvart. Maybe a townie who is overdefensive.

Post 10*:
"t's sad how you can never read me." - Why attack the player instead of the actual argument behind what he said?

Note to self: Got to read the game they're talking about later. Why does starbuck argue against it so much - easiest thing to do is to accept it and move on ..

Post 1*2:
Hmm

I'll wait till Jack replies on the "breadcrumb"

Now that I've caught up - I think I'll
Unvote. Vote: Papa Zito
. More content as to who you feel is scummy instead of pointing out lurkers please.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 am

Post by ooba »

Sorry have been busy in some of my other games - will catch up and post here - expect a post in less than 12 hours ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by ooba »

239: @CyberbobDoes not follow up with a vote on a player who in his own words "misrepresented, twisted, overreacted to and outright invented some of my words."

268: @Starbuck
starbuck wrote:So why would you need to place more pressure on someone if you didn't even read through the game to see why he was being voted in the first place?
I did go back - read and unvote when I did not agree with the reasons of the wagon. But even so, pressure in the interim is good. If the wagon had started due to a strong enough reason, its good. even if its for a silly reason, there's always the chance the person might slip. It's more useful than a random vote.
starbuck wrote:
ooba wrote:Whats wrong with serious votes in RVS stage - we get over random voting faster and actual discussion can start
FOS: Starbuck
That is not what I was saying at all. Nice misrepresentation.
Well what exactly were you trying to say? I've reproduced your earlier post below.
starbuck wrote:Are serious votes really being placed about the first RVS post in the game?
Instead of questioning the person suspected, overreaction and opportunism reign.
271\272: @CKD, @Steam-Powered-Shovels - Two suspicious jumps on Jack. SPS more scummy than CKD

295: @elscotua: Wow, the reasoning for wanting to lynch Anon just sucks. Smells of OMGUS to me.

299: @SF: Defense of SPS suspicious here. Why not wait for SPS to answer his own attackers?

308: @Papa-Zito: Some content with a promise to follow up on more.
Unvote.

316: @Papa Zito: OMGUS? Iecerint never attacked you?

366: @Iecerint\Papa Zito - "Secret towntell"?
I also realized that Papa Zito did not replay to Iecerint's post 318 where he enquires about the OMGUS
Iecerint does not follow up here either

425: @elscouta: Seems to have tunnel vision on Anon. Does not strongly attack any other player

Unvote, Vote: xofelf

- Zero scumhunting. (Jack and Dip - that's all you have?)
- Too many Ate's for me
- And you haven't voted for a single person in the entire day except RVS
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:56 am

Post by ooba »

Papa Zito wrote:
ooba wrote:316: @Papa Zito: OMGUS? Iecerint never attacked you?
He voted me in 310.
Sorry I meant to ask "But how is it OMGUS if you never attacked him?"

Here are the seven posts in the game you made before that
Post 1 wrote:vote: farside

Wagon gogogo.

Wait, I've already tried this before.

unvote: farside
vote: Sensfan

Policy gogogo.
Post 2 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:

Policy gogogo.
Elaborate please.
Sorry, confidential.
Post 3 wrote:unvote: Sensfan
vote: MehPlusRawr

Post.
Post 4 wrote:Guys.
Míriel Therindë wrote:
7. MehPlusRawr

Bold means Confirmed.
Confirmed and 0 posts. I call shenanigans. Lynch plz.
Post 5 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
Elaborate please.
Sorry, confidential.
This isn't a good way to play. "OMG I'm getting all these reactions" isn't a reason not to expand on why Sens would be a good policy lynch.
The Sens vote had nothing to do with reactions. Confidential = private.

Also, happy birthday.
Post 6 wrote:
Budja wrote:Zito's lurker hunt amuses me. Your being a
little
hypocritical there. So what you think of xvart? Jack? etc. (That kind-of grammatically sucks :P)
Glad you're amused. It's a game, after all.

I haven't gotten much of anything out of these pages. Everything's too splintered. I can say I'm fairly confident that xofelf is scum though... lots and lots of talking about playstyles and meta and other crap. Have an iso look.

I'd be voting there if I didn't think MehPlusRawr's lurking (is that a hydra?) was more egregious.
Post 7 wrote:
Budja wrote:xvart seems to compulsively misrep/generalise. Agree/disagree? Scummy or not?
So I iso'd xvart.

He's extremely defensive and sarcastic, and I see a bit of backpedaling here and there. Most of his interactions with people are knee-jerk. The major sticking point here seems to be the claiming scumbuddies bit. Apparently his opinion is that claiming scumbuddies, even in jest, is scummy. If that's his opinion, and he's following through, so be it. His iso 10 seems to honestly sums up his activity.

Budja wrote:Jack made a random cop breadcrumb comment and and produces little content. I found that scummy. Do you agree?
A random cop breadcrumb (if that's even what it was) is null. I would say all the people talking about it are worse than the one who did it.

Lack of content, however, is true, and I agree that it's scummy. Also his reaction to a sudden wagon on him ("What, you don't find Cyberbob scummy?") was lulz.
Kmd4390 wrote:I don't understand how it can hurt to tell us why Sens should be policy lynched. I don't see how it helps not to tell us. You are making no sense by witholding this.
It's a private matter, and as good a reason as any for an opening vote. That's really all there is to say about it.

I think that's everything to me. I'm going to read back and try to get more involved.

Two other things:

1. Now that MehPlusRawr has posted an incredibly lame case on Shovel, can we lynch him?
2. Also, the elmo hydra is pinging me for some reason.
Followed by this post where you claim OMGUS
Post 8 wrote:Thanks Iceman. Also OMGUS.

Papa Zito wrote:
ooba wrote:I also realized that Papa Zito did not replay to Iecerint's post 318 where he enquires about the OMGUS
Well, see above. I don't think anyone takes OMGUS seriously anymore anyway.
Well, if a player accuses me of OMGUS when there wasn't an attack from him in the first place - I'd take it pretty seriously (at least enough to follow up)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 am

Post by ooba »

Papa Zito wrote:
ooba wrote:316: @Papa Zito: OMGUS? Iecerint never attacked you?
He voted me in 310.
Sorry I meant to ask "But how is it OMGUS if you never attacked him?"

Here are the seven posts in the game you made before that
Post 1 wrote:vote: farside

Wagon gogogo.

Wait, I've already tried this before.

unvote: farside

Policy gogogo.
Post 2 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:

Policy gogogo.
Elaborate please.
Sorry, confidential.
Post 3 wrote:unvote: Sensfan
vote: MehPlusRawr

Post.
Post 4 wrote:Guys.
Míriel Therindë wrote:
7. MehPlusRawr

Bold means Confirmed.
Confirmed and 0 posts. I call shenanigans. Lynch plz.
Post 5 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
Elaborate please.
Sorry, confidential.
This isn't a good way to play. "OMG I'm getting all these reactions" isn't a reason not to expand on why Sens would be a good policy lynch.
The Sens vote had nothing to do with reactions. Confidential = private.

Also, happy birthday.
Post 6 wrote:
Budja wrote:Zito's lurker hunt amuses me. Your being a
little
hypocritical there. So what you think of xvart? Jack? etc. (That kind-of grammatically sucks :P)
Glad you're amused. It's a game, after all.

I haven't gotten much of anything out of these pages. Everything's too splintered. I can say I'm fairly confident that xofelf is scum though... lots and lots of talking about playstyles and meta and other crap. Have an iso look.

I'd be voting there if I didn't think MehPlusRawr's lurking (is that a hydra?) was more egregious.
Post 7 wrote:
Budja wrote:xvart seems to compulsively misrep/generalise. Agree/disagree? Scummy or not?
So I iso'd xvart.

He's extremely defensive and sarcastic, and I see a bit of backpedaling here and there. Most of his interactions with people are knee-jerk. The major sticking point here seems to be the claiming scumbuddies bit. Apparently his opinion is that claiming scumbuddies, even in jest, is scummy. If that's his opinion, and he's following through, so be it. His iso 10 seems to honestly sums up his activity.

Budja wrote:Jack made a random cop breadcrumb comment and and produces little content. I found that scummy. Do you agree?
A random cop breadcrumb (if that's even what it was) is null. I would say all the people talking about it are worse than the one who did it.

Lack of content, however, is true, and I agree that it's scummy. Also his reaction to a sudden wagon on him ("What, you don't find Cyberbob scummy?") was lulz.
Kmd4390 wrote:I don't understand how it can hurt to tell us why Sens should be policy lynched. I don't see how it helps not to tell us. You are making no sense by witholding this.
It's a private matter, and as good a reason as any for an opening vote. That's really all there is to say about it.

I think that's everything to me. I'm going to read back and try to get more involved.

Two other things:

1. Now that MehPlusRawr has posted an incredibly lame case on Shovel, can we lynch him?
2. Also, the elmo hydra is pinging me for some reason.
Followed by this post where you claim OMGUS
Post 8 wrote:Thanks Iceman. Also OMGUS.

Papa Zito wrote:
ooba wrote:I also realized that Papa Zito did not replay to Iecerint's post 318 where he enquires about the OMGUS
Well, see above. I don't think anyone takes OMGUS seriously anymore anyway.
Well, if a player accuses me of OMGUS when there wasn't an attack from him in the first place - I'd take it pretty seriously (at least enough to follow up)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:07 am

Post by ooba »

Please delete the double post... Thanks
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:22 am

Post by ooba »

@Papa Zito: Fair enough.
Iecerint wrote:Is that [insert lame OMGUS counter-argument here] OMGUS, or are you claiming that someone has OMGUS'd somewhere? Cuz I dun think you ever attacked me, and I don't think Jack attacked Elmo.
Hey, Iecerint, why didn't you follow up on this?

Got to go read both SPS and elscouta again but happy with where my vote currently is.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by ooba »

Xofelf, please claim now ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by ooba »

Vote: J-Scope

Revive: farside22

Destroy: xofelf
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:30 am

Post by ooba »

Elscouta wrote:I think we need a full claim from you, J-Scope.
I would rather have a full claim from FFFF.
CKD wrote:I also dont think we need a full claim from FFFF, at this point. If we kill Jscope and discover he is town, there is no amount of bullshit, back tracking, or "I didnt understand X" that will save FFFF.
Argument ignores a lot of scenarios - you might have two dead town on your hands.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:25 am

Post by ooba »

FeFiFoFum wrote:I am the town watcher and Watched farside get targetted by j-scope
Anything else to add to that?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:29 am

Post by ooba »

Counterclaim
FFFF - please unvote and do not hammer
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:30 am

Post by ooba »

Unvote

I targeted Farside yesterday ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:48 am

Post by ooba »

I think I'll full claim here ..

I'm Daeron - Town Voyeur or a watcher of sorts. I can target a player and find out what abilities targeted a player on a night. However I can only see actions where a targeter chooses to do something to the target.

Result: I got - farside22 was targeted with nothing

This is in direct contradiction with FFFF's claim. If J-Scope chose to target farside, I should have got the action he used.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:55 am

Post by ooba »

I had the same confusion when I got the result. I got my role clarified
a) I cannot see Passive actions
Thereby farside could have had an ability that killed her if targeted by anybody
b) I also cannot see group actions which do not involve a targeter doing something to the target
Points to a more elaborate scum tactic where
- Scum have the ability to self kill
- One scum claims watcher on another scum
- Scum gets lynched. Town thinks other two are confirmed ...
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 am

Post by ooba »

I am also of the race of elves. My official role name is "Town Voyeur".

And no I cannot see people, only actions.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 am

Post by ooba »

I am also of the race of elves. My official role name is "Town Voyeur".

And no I cannot see people, only actions.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:06 am

Post by ooba »

FeFiFoFum wrote:Okay Ooba me and you should work together tonight then. Should we claim our bonus abilities if we get snaril?
I'd rather work out what happened here before we go to N2.

No reason claiming that I think.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:11 am

Post by ooba »

Jack wrote:It kind of sucks to have a watcher role if the mafia group kill doesn't show up on it, but it's possible.
Depends on how the mafia kill works in the setup. If its about a particular mafiaite choosing to kill a person, I should be able to see it ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:14 am

Post by ooba »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:Ooba, are you sure you actually got a result? Specifically, is it possible you were just roleblocked?
No. I got a result saying farside was targeted with nothing.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:19 am

Post by ooba »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:Hmmm. Is it possible either of you got redirected, ooba and FFFF?
How can I answer if I was redirected?
There was nothing else in my night result if that's what you're driving at
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:26 am

Post by ooba »

FeFiFoFum wrote:Because I did lie.

I watched J-Scope last night.
He was targetted by no one.
But Since I have the Silmaril I am able to track as well.
I saw him Target Farside.
If J-Scope targeted Farside, I should have been able to see the action right?

But your silmaril bonus looks quite familiar to mine .. I can "roleblock all actions targeting my target" so its doing more with the same target ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 am

Post by ooba »

ebwop: "Similar" instead of "Familiar"
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:34 am

Post by ooba »

Quick Question: If FFFF is actually scum - why would he do this? Benefit?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 am

Post by ooba »

FeFiFoFum wrote:I was probably able to track J-scope because he is the one that sent in the kill order from the mafia.
This is my only bone of contention with your claim
a) If you can track J-Scope to farside - I should be able to watch that action - I got nothing ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 am

Post by ooba »

Jack wrote:It was a good play actually. He was probably going to get lynched or investigated at some point, so might as well claim with a fake result and either get a mislynch or out a power role.
Hmm. I still it might be the elaborate scum gambit of
a) Scum can self kill - farside chooses to self kill (I cannot watch that)
b) One other scum claims watcher on another scum
c) Town lynches J-Scope. FFFF and farside become "confirmed townies" - After all you can just keep reviving them .. 2 scum continue to the end game

I cannot see scum just claiming watcher on a townie .. A 1-1 trade off is never good ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:51 am

Post by ooba »

FeFiFoFum wrote:Ooba I thought you cannot watch group activities ? Is a scum kill a group activitiy?
I can watch group abilities where a targeter chooses the target.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:15 am

Post by ooba »

ooba wrote:Hmm. I still it might be the elaborate scum gambit of
a) Scum can self kill - farside chooses to self kill (I cannot watch that)
b) One other scum claims watcher on another scum
c) Town lynches J-Scope. FFFF and farside become "confirmed townies" - After all you can just keep reviving them .. 2 scum continue to the end game

I cannot see scum just claiming watcher on a townie .. A 1-1 trade off is never good ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:25 am

Post by ooba »

Jack wrote:@j-scope: yes
We can take this as confirmation that you were in fact targeted by J-Scope last night?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:08 am

Post by ooba »

What you targeted and saw, I should have been able to watch .. You haven't responded to this at all ..
Vote:FFFF

6 Votes if I counted right curiouskarmadog, Steam-Powered Shovel, Elscouta, MehPlusRawr, Iecerint, ooba.

Even if FFFF turns up scum, please do not discount the question as to
why he did it
. (I'd be really kicked if the scum team consists of FFFF, J-Scope, Farside - not sure about Jack since scum partners could have targeted Jack and J-Scope will know this info) - Lyncher on J-Scope is the only other reason why I can see him doing this ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:24 am

Post by ooba »

FeFiFoFum wrote:I made up that he targeted farside just to go with my suspicion that since no one targeted J-Scope at night there was a chance that he could be scum.
Wow...

P.S: You were telling the truth about your Sim ability - "that you can track who the person targets too?"
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:06 am

Post by ooba »

FFFF, please answer the following. Once I counterclaimed..
a) Why did you come clean right away?
b) Why did you keep pushing for J-Scope's claim?
c) Why did you move the discussion towards Silmarils knowing fully well the person with the silmaril could CC you again?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (isolation #35) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:24 am

Post by ooba »

xvart wrote:I'll be back tonight and post then.

xvart.
Think we'll be in N2 by then :P
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by ooba »

SpyreX wrote:2 mafia groups / SK / Vig is my initial rumbling.
Or some elves might have the ability to kill themselves ..
Want to know how farside died yesterday ..
Destroy: FFFF
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:11 am

Post by ooba »

Revive: J-Scope
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:34 am

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:yay I'm back. So to answer a few questions. No I don't kill myself and I was not informed who killed me.
Okies. So either
a) There's some sort of kill in this game that I cannot watch
b) You're lying or haven't been told some part of your role
But I'd like to see FFFF's alignment before I make a judgment on this.

In other unrelated news, Nachomama is the only player not to post the entire of D2 (xvart posted in twilight) - but looking at his posts in other games at that time, he does quote limited access. Strange kill choice though - given that he's posted only 4 times in the game - would put him as a lover to one of the other three. Wonder how revival would work for lovers.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (isolation #39) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:40 am

Post by ooba »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Unrevive
if I can do that. Need to reread the part where we had some claims.
I guess you can unrevive and undestroy.
Page one wrote:
Voting is the same as Lynch voting.
Once a majority to do either is reached, that choice is locked in until the lynch.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (isolation #40) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:39 am

Post by ooba »

Not in favor of a modkill. Think it gives the town an unfair informational advantage.

The only rule he possibly violated was "Play to win." - even that is debatable until we see his flip. At best, he can be replaced because of the ban.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by ooba »

Need to re-read...
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:29 am

Post by ooba »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
Claim:
I am Mandos of the race of Valar. I'm a Governor whose power is limited to the Revive/Destroy votes.
Hmmm... Off to the wiki ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:59 am

Post by ooba »

wiki wrote:Grieving for Beren, Lúthien died too and came to the halls of Mandos. There she sang of her ill fate, that she would never again see Beren, who as a mortal Man had passed out of the world. Thereby Mandos was moved to pity. He restored Beren and Lúthien to life and granted mortality to the Elf.
Your ability is unlimited? i.e you can do it for revive and destroy every day? Do you have to separately choose for each? Or do both revives and destroys get canceled?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:31 am

Post by ooba »

Your ability seems too powerful. I think most governors are one-shot or limited; not very sure though. Anyone had previous experience with governors in their games?
Anon wrote:Will likely post a xvartscum case in 1-2 hours so I can get a viable wagon in case SPS gives a verifiable claim. Somehow I doubt it though.

Just noticed this - Anon says you might come up with a "verifiable" claim - and thats what you do. (Proof of ability!=Proof of alignment).
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (isolation #45) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by ooba »

Kmd4390 wrote:Good news. FFFF's power successfully transfered, which someone already knows. Use it well.
Confirming this too.

I'm sorry - I missed most of D3 - re-reading it and will be back with my thoughts ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (isolation #46) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by ooba »

To clarify .. I targeted someone last night and got the result .. "Someone watched PlayerX" .. Could be another watcher also (maybe of the race of men?) but think FFFF's power transferring is more likely ..

Vote Count 4 - 03: Lynch

curiouskarmadog -
- Iecerint, Budja, SocioPath,
xvart - 1 - Kmd4390
Anon - 2 - SpyreX, Jack
Iecerint - 2 - curiouskarmadog, xvart
Cobalt - 1 - farside22

Not Voting (8): Starbuck, MehPlusRawr, Papa Zito, Cyberbob, Anon, Cobalt, ooba, J-Scope

With 17 players alive it'll take 9 to lynch and 9 to no-Lynch.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (isolation #47) » Wed May 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by ooba »

This game is way too fast for me ..
Iecerint wrote:9. Flavor indicates a 2-man Sons of Feanor scumteam.
How does flavor indicate a 2-man scum team??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_F%C3%ABanor
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (isolation #48) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by ooba »

Blitz reading through the game .. My vibes in a few minutes ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (isolation #49) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:ooba - Why did you vote J-Scope at the start of day 2?
FFFF soft claimed some sort of result on J-scope.
farside22 wrote:post 716 why did you say this to CKD?
Why not. Many a role interferes with investigations. The strategy of "Let's lynch the target and if town, person who claimed is obvscum and should be lynched" is stupid.
farside22 wrote:post 739 why did you chose to watch me and why did I die then?
It was toss up between you and Sens. I had a feeling scum might avoid sens because of the D1 controversy so went with you. You tell me why you died - its the same thing I've been asking you from that time :P
farside22 wrote:
ooba wrote:I had the same confusion when I got the result. I got my role clarified
b) I also cannot see group actions which do not involve a targeter doing something to the target
ooba wrote:
FeFiFoFum wrote:Ooba I thought you cannot watch group activities ? Is a scum kill a group activitiy?
I can watch group abilities where a targeter chooses the target.
I'm confused. Which is correct from above?
Both are correct. One is a double-negative of the other.
farside22 wrote:
ooba wrote:
SpyreX wrote:2 mafia groups / SK / Vig is my initial rumbling.
Or some elves might have the ability to kill themselves ..
Want to know how farside died yesterday ..
Destroy: FFFF
This is the second time you stated this. Is there a reason you have this thought that players self kill for a reason?
Yes. Because I watched you N1, nobody targeted you - yet you still died.
farside22 wrote:Why are you willing to revive J-scope after making this statment: paranoid?
It was a theory; I didn't know if it was true for certain. And I didn't want to destroy a possible power role without any discussion from his side.

Town Reads: PZ, xvart, CKD
Scum Reads: CB, Starbuck. Budja, farside to a lesser extent. Starbuck- looks like a player who's content with just surviving and moving from one BW to another.

Addn: xvart should read better

Vote: Starbuck

Good lynch
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (isolation #50) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by ooba »

The new posts of Starbuck do nothing to dispel my suspicions. Are ye trying to mimic xolelf's last post?

Also, I just re-read certain parts again. I will remove farside from my scumlist - pretty sure she's not scum unless my read is wrong. Call it a Secret Townell :P
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (isolation #51) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by ooba »

CKD is town. (At least not Mafia, slight possibility of SK)

I don't think he's a SS.

Just ISO'd SB - its only the recent play that seems suspicious .. Most of the play before seems good. Will ISO Iece and Anon now ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1506 (isolation #52) » Sat May 08, 2010 2:42 am

Post by ooba »

curiouskarmadog wrote:ummm, PZ..

if your really thought I was an SS (I am neither confirming or denying this)..why are you communicating it? Isnt that part of the surprise (if that was indeed what I am)? How is it a good protown play?
If scum, you are obviously lying about SS.

If town, we can atleast get an extra lynch. Because rather than let a random person or even worse, an obvious townie like me hammer and die (move to mandos), we can at least get a scummy player to hammer and die.

CKD this is for you: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7687
Not the best example, but you should get the moral of the story.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1515 (isolation #53) » Sat May 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by ooba »

Its distressing to see town on town (PZ & CKD) .. Distracting too since it lets scum get away ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (isolation #54) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:52 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:ooba, are you just reading CKD in iso?
No. It's just that his recent posts give me a very strong town tell - this is from NoXKill history.

However given the limited time to deadline, I think its better off that CKD claims and we get this out of the way. Pretty certain what he's going to claim but lets see; there are chances I could have read him totally wrongly ...
PZ wrote:Show me the light, ooba. Who should we lynch then?
I've been lazy - I still haven't read Iece and Anon. I would be willing to back a Budja or CB lynch.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1534 (isolation #55) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:08 am

Post by ooba »

CKD, if you claimed SS, I wouldn't let you choose who hammers .. I believe the process of the town choosing who hammers you gives me more info - so its sort of a double lynch ..

But why not just claim "Vengeful Townie" and check for reactions? Let Budja get Venged I say!!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1540 (isolation #56) » Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am

Post by ooba »

Got over my lethargy and did quick ISOs. Reads:

Scum:
Budja, Cyberbob, Jack

Neutral veering on the scummy side:
Iecerint

Town:
CKD, PZ, farside, Anon, Starbuck, xvart

~~~~
Also found links between the three people I thought were most likely to be scum ..

Jack:
- "Suppose I should recheck Budja." followed by nothing after that.
- Votes budja but revotes Anon in an hour because of "something he noticed yesterday but forgot"
- Apart from initial stong bus on CB, short followup posts to point out that CB is still in his reckoning - "Scumpoints" and so on - not trying to form a wagon on CB

Budja:
- Votes xvart but fos'es CB and Jack
- How his "fav wagon" had Jack but stopped so over time

CB
- mentions Budja's vote is terrible due to meta while Ice's case was also meta based. So why mention this? Sublte bus - but not going anywhere since it suspicion moved to Ice even though he likes xvart's case on Budja

Vote: Budja
. The fact that he's survived for so long is amazing! But I guess we can thank xolelf and FFFF for that.

Still have to read: MPR, SpyreX
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (isolation #57) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:06 am

Post by ooba »

Hmm. I'd personally peg CKD as a vengeful townie - that was what he was hinting at all along. He gets the choice as to who dies.

CKD - I'd suggest Budja
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (isolation #58) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:24 am

Post by ooba »

SocioPath wrote:Being able to revive a SS is silly.

A vengeful townie even more so.
Hmm .. This is true ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2091 (isolation #59) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by ooba »

I cannot believe I was not revived...

Next time just destroy me so that I can talk in the dead people's QT!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”