In post 56, Oversoul wrote:People I will never support for first round baton:
RC hydra
Ankamius hydra
Nacho
Wisdom

People I will support for baton:
Myself
Shoshin
Your approach here for the first baton holder seems to be that you're looking for "someone I am 100% confident is town" as opposed to "greatest threat to scum", which is backwards.

Chances are there will be a number of firm townreads that are correct (there usually are), but the person you want to preserve for the next day phase are the people who will make the greatest positive impact.

Sakura, why did you agree with this list? Why is it such a big deal if one of those players were bulletproof N1?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #367 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 79, Cephrir wrote:I anticipate that at some point somebody will try to control the entire baton chain. I wish to suggest that, at least for now, we not do this and instead play in the spirit of the setup. Get some organic information.
There's going to have to be some level of coordination involved in order to get the best chance of winning. I think pressuring people to make good passes and trying to get some universal townreads/scumreads down is far more intelligent than everyone just shooting their shot.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #375 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Gay Dance is my first substantive townread. I think Bitmap has a fun & free time in the way he's approaching the game and, while I don't necessarily think he's incapable of faking it, I do like the random ideas that he ends up expressing like the stuff below and think these posts are less likely to pop up if they are scum here:
In post 106, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:Oh yeah also, let us please not discuss about who is going to send baton to whom. I think each pass will be more alignment indicative that way.
In post 336, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:Also I kinda want to suggest spending first 24 hours of this game to purely talk about the mechanics.
That way we can invest rest of the time doing actual mafia stuff and we have time to burn.
Doesn't feel planned, but also doesn't feel like the "POST A LOT AND GIVE A LOT OF READS SO PEOPLE THINK I AM TOWN!!" approach that some scum players attempt to take.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #381 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 368, Cephrir wrote:obvtown players are nightkill targets by definition

scum love shooting the irrelevant innocent child first if the game state isn't going poorly for them
My point was that I wasn't concerned with giving an irrelevant innocent child a bulletproof.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #386 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 357, Shoshin wrote:It's not a tell for everyone.
Can't say a post like that is a tell for anyone - why is Wisdom more likely to make that post as scum than town?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #390 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 387, Dannflor wrote:
In post 382, Celestial Coordinates wrote:If no one protects us
I think it's slightly town indicative to be unaware of the setup?
Definitely don't agree with this.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #397 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 392, Dannflor wrote:
In post 390, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 387, Dannflor wrote:
In post 382, Celestial Coordinates wrote:If no one protects us
I think it's slightly town indicative to be unaware of the setup?
Definitely don't agree with this.
Why? I might be wrong about how AI it is but I've always consider scum more likely to be hyper aware of the setup.
If Nancy has been signed up for an open game for two weeks and doesn't care about the setup enough to read it, then it probably isn't too important to her. If she rolls scum, don't think it becomes super important for her to read the setup now when she's planning on posting and leaving for a while shortly after.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #399 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I like Shoshin's opening as well, don't think it's incredibly likely for scum to start a tilt on Wisdom for the reasons that she has so far.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #403 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I like S_S as well, mostly for the reason Yuk gave (sounds less stiff than he normally does as scum). Picking a lot of fights early + telling people that they are scumreading him because they don't know him are ballsy lines of approach for someone who isn't that comfortable as scum. Yuk's approach to Wisdom early game seemed nonsensical, but don't know that it's alignment indicative or not. Sakura Hana's interactions with Wisdom seem fine, but definitely looking for more on that read.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #406 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 400, Celestial Coordinates wrote:This really isn’t accurate. While I can derp as any alignment and I have, I would be aware as something as basic as the setup. In Gay Dance, I derped as scum wrt to not knowing who the lynches were and why. I was also extremely sick att. So, yeah, for me derping like AtEing isn’t AI but scum!me would most likely have paid attention to this.
I'm not understanding your point here. You derped as scum in Gay Mafia similar to the derp here and yet the derp here is alignment indicative? Or are you saying just because you made the mistake recently you probably wouldn't do it again?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #407 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 402, Celestial Coordinates wrote:I don’t think scum!Shoshin votes us here without pressure. I’ve played with town/scum and SK!Shoshin. RC usually catches scum!Shoshin, so it probably wouldn’t be in her interest to vote us here, unless town.
If someone is afraid of RC then they probably would find a reason to vote him sooner or later - better to have him around for another night than to provoke.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #412 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 410, Oversoul wrote:it’s interpretation.
Why did you create that list?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1013 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1007, Oh wrote:That's not tunneling, that's hunting for associatives, and if you think that's what RC is doing, call it that instead.
this is a pedantic argument, please disengage.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1019 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Cephrir -

I'm sorry you're feeling crappy. I do think that there are a few places where you've seemed more on edge than you would be typically and this is your daily reminder that I think that you are great and good but also that you should be the change you want to see in the world. I don't think Sakura was trying to be an ass to you even though she came across that way a bit and I don't think that you'll get as bogged down talking about RC's personality with time away and a fresh outlook - even sassrir is a little more hit and run than you are now, I think. Let me know if there's something positive I can do.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1020 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Cephrir -

I'm sorry you're feeling crappy. I do think that there are a few places where you've seemed more on edge than you would be typically and this is your daily reminder that I think that you are great and good but also that you should be the change you want to see in the world. I don't think Sakura was trying to be an ass to you even though she came across that way a bit and I don't think that you'll get as bogged down talking about RC's personality with time away and a fresh outlook - even sassrir is a little more hit and run than you are now, I think. Let me know if there's something positive I can do.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1021 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1018, Oh wrote:
In post 1013, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1007, Oh wrote:That's not tunneling, that's hunting for associatives, and if you think that's what RC is doing, call it that instead.
this is a pedantic argument, please disengage.
Noted.

Where are you at so far?
I've been loosely following so far, mostly caught up. My plan is to get a few miscellaneous things out of the way that I wanted to address but didn't have time, get wildly drunk, then make a Regfan readslist since the setup seems perfect for it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1040 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:03 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 0, northsidegal wrote:Once a Baton Holder has been decided upon by majority vote (or plurality, if no majority is reached by deadline), all discussion ceases.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1041 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1039, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:
In post 1038, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1031, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:Like, if he read someone correctly 100% of the time so far as he states, assuming that he'll get it wrong this time is a gambler'a fallacy.
thats bs and you know it
Which part? The former or latter?
If latter, that is literally the definition if gambler'a fallacy
is it though?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1418 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

WELL THAT DIDN'T GO WELL

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1421 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1234, Shoshin wrote:Yes, correct. The fact that I'm playing this game is a town-tell. It might not appear that way to you, because you don't know me, but that doesn't change the reality of the fact that it's very unlikely I would have confirmed my role if I was scum. I've said this before in other games where I was town, for context, so this isn't something I'm making up. This is my last game for the next two years, and I definitely wouldn't be spending it playing scum. That's just a fact, yes it might seem unethical, but I wasn't even sure I wanted to play more mafia because I was scared of getting a mafia PM. I only signed up for this game because NSG invited me and it seemed like a fun setup to play.
My contribution to the shoshin-RC debacle is that the above reallyy doesn't seem like something that comes from scum here. It's mitigated a bit by it being something they've said as town before (and am aware that they said it as town), but this is 1) pretty deep emotional manipulation if scum here, 2) kinda skeevy and something that they acknowledge is pretty skeevy, and 3) backed up by a strong confrontation of RC that I don't really think comes from scum!Shoshin based on the relationship that they seem to have.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1422 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1250, Shoshin wrote:I've never used a trust tell, and like I said, this is my last game on the site for over two years. Just for context, I'm leaving in two months -- I'll be serving in the Peace Corps in a small village in Africa and I don't expect to have internet. This IS my last game on here, and if I get banned, then so be it, but I can assure you I wasn't going to play scum for my last game. I'd rather be banned than waste my time doing something I hate.
Like this is basically never scum.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1423 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1404, gameplay506 wrote:Hey so
I will start my reread
It turns out I have 50 pages to read and I was procrastinating too much :yawn:
Gonna do it page by page 'cus I will lose track of posts if I try to summarize it all in one

I'm tempted to scumread gameplay for that beginning of a catch-up alone.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1427 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1426, gameplay506 wrote:Ok lol
I anticipated this so I started doing the next one with quotes
you anticipated what?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1430 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

My problem isn't that it's hard to read - hate the format, but can follow it just fine. My problem is that you aren't really saying anything that you seem to care about/all of your observations seem like they're completely disconnected from one another.

Like, if you're town here and go through 10 pages, I'd expect 1 of 2 things. The first is that you find something that grabs you and it's something that you push and make your voice heard while the second is that you don't find anything that interesting and so you don't spend an hour or whatever creating a post saying that you didn't really find anything. The main point that your post seems to serve is demonstrating to us that you're trying to catch up which is nice and I appreciate it but also has a stronger scum motivation than a town one.

Does that make sense?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1431 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@gameplay obviously

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1438 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1437, YukzYuk wrote:Is this you faking with your reads or you speaking honestly because I want to use Ceph as a proxy flip before considering flipping shoshin
what does this even mean
what does ceph flipping town tell you?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1439 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

what does ceph flipping scum tell you?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1444 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 930, YukzYuk wrote:The only way I'm going to be okay with sheeping a nullread is if you are willing to take a BoP.

And even then I'm not sure if I'm okay with that.
who was the nullread here?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1456 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1442, Celestial Coordinates wrote:Also, yukyukz is surface level scummy but I feel very strongly that they are town in spite of that for reasons.
i can see that.
i don't really like how he seems more responsible with holding you responsible for your reads as opposed to engaging them in any way whatsoever, and I don't like how he went from "Shoshin is my townread I'm sorry RC" when Nancy was townreading Shoshin and that's where it seemed the day was going and then immediately flipped when you did, but there are town motivations for both.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1457 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1454, gameplay506 wrote:I stand by what I say and I hope people consider my reads for once
sure. what's something from your catchup so far that you'd like for me to address?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1464 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1461, YukzYuk wrote:Gameplay what do you think shoshins case on wisdom is?
hey. i'm having trouble figuring out your interactions with RC and RC's reads this game (namely, Shoshin + Cephrir).
can you help a brother out???

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1466 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

pm it offended me that you said that we never played together before

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1469 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1458, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1453, Celestial Coordinates wrote:1) your reaction to people wanting to flip wisdom was weird, can't say it's never a culture thing either though.
wisdom is among the strongest assets to town in this game
should be, but i've found him underwhelming so far.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1480 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1475, gameplay506 wrote:Um I don't know? Can't really think of something specific that I wan't you to comment on if that's what you are asking
it feels so wrong not to be able to vote you right now.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1487 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

like, i call you out for posting a catch up post with some surface observations that you don't really give a shit about.

you respond "I stand behind what I said. I just hope that people will listen to my reads." - which is not great, makes you sound like a politician, but w/e.

so i say "OK, give me one thing that you care about. One thing that you brought up that you want me to look at."

and you have nothing?

@gameplay since i'm sure i'll get pedited

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1494 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hey guys

only took me 60 pages to figure out that GDGW= Gay Dance Gone Wrong!!!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1500 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1498, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:As much as I think Nacho is probably town, it's becoming more clear that he's at least not baton leader material for D1.
????

????????

????

i agree that RC should get it over me currently but you don't have to be mean to me bitmap

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1502 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1499, Oversoul wrote:RC, why don’t you think Shoshin is town at this juncture?
shoshin isn't getting shot.
we're not giving the baton to anyone who isn't getting shot.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1509 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1497, gameplay506 wrote:
In post 1480, Nachomamma8 wrote:it feels so wrong not to be able to vote you right now.
Eh
I don't know what you expect from me or what you are asking me to do rn
I don't need your feedback on my thoughts and I don't see how that makes me so bad
:yawn:

Pedit: I don't want you to chime in and start giving your take on what I find/don't find interesting from 40 pages ago since I already said that those thoughts are highly likely to change
And I hope people will listen to my reads part refers to when I actually finish reading and form more solid reads
you're wasting your time talking to me right now.

i don't think that there's a chance in hell that town approaches the game the way you have at this point based on what i've brought up already - seems patently obvious you care more about what people think of you then what you think of other people. but luckily, we're not yet 48 hours into this day phase and there's plenty of things to address in the thread. so, read what you can. talk about things you care about. don't waste time doing whatever it is you're doing now.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1540 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1521, Celestial Coordinates wrote:nacho what are your thoughts on wisdom as the second baton pass kill?
would be happy if it happened, but if I had infinite power my preference would be to baton pass kill someone else and lynch wisdom

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1546 (isolation #40) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1534, Cephrir wrote:I dont really get the gameplay hate either. Especially the parts that came before he was even here.

I understand nacho's point but feel uneasy about it coming from him when the same person is throwing off some lost-town vibes to me. I think it's possible he made a catch up post as he was going along and didnt have any particular agenda.
don't think gameplay's approach as scum here is going to be "follow a particular agenda", i think he's just going to be working to stay afloat.

where did you get lost-town vibes from him? i get lost vibes, but nothing that seems like it's likely to come from town

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1548 (isolation #41) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1545, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1484, Oversoul wrote:Cici you get three kills before night, pragmatically you should not be super upset if you don’t get baton.
This is actually a good point.
no

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1552 (isolation #42) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1546, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1534, Cephrir wrote:I dont really get the gameplay hate either. Especially the parts that came before he was even here.

I understand nacho's point but feel uneasy about it coming from him when the same person is throwing off some lost-town vibes to me. I think it's possible he made a catch up post as he was going along and didnt have any particular agenda.
don't think gameplay's approach as scum here is going to be "follow a particular agenda", i think he's just going to be working to stay afloat.

where did you get lost-town vibes from him? i get lost vibes, but nothing that seems like it's likely to come from town
although i will try to pump the brakes a bit when finishing the regfan buuuuuut i know it's gonna be hard for me to back off because this is my first substantive scumread in... years. so if you think he's town would love if you firm it up fast and come at me hard because otherwise the murdertrain will roll.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1572 (isolation #43) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1563, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1540, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1521, Celestial Coordinates wrote:nacho what are your thoughts on wisdom as the second baton pass kill?
would be happy if it happened, but if I had infinite power my preference would be to baton pass kill someone else and lynch wisdom
you dont actually want that
you just want to see me under heat
i want you to be town.
but, failing that, i want the satisfaction of killing you.

is that so bad?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1578 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1569, Wisdom wrote:s_s and yukzuk are as well?
why are you scumreading these two?
if you've hashed it out already, throw me a bone and give me some links

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1602 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1598, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1595, Wisdom wrote:but we're doing the baton lynches thing so you dont actually make a baton pass choice
Oh we are doing that dumb thing? I don’t think it really matters personally. If we do the baton Lynch agreement then my townreads don’t matter and people like Cici, Nacho, and GDGW are going to dictate the whole thing and I don’t really need to play anymore. I made myself obvtown so there’s really no need for me to check back in until we get to third Lynch anyway.
if you don't attempt to form scumreads and convince other people of them then you're right no one's going to listen to you

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1646 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1640, YukzYuk wrote:So we can agree on flipping gameplay then right?
what are you trying to accomplish with this line of questioning?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1681 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

yuk's grating but i don't actually think there's a significant chance of him being scum here

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1699 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1698, Cephrir wrote:The above post is not to be taken seriously
but it was a quality one!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1703 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1688, Celestial Coordinates wrote:I really fucking wish I wouldn't have to keep defending my mafia ability but people keep impugning it so I have to respond.
you're getting stuck in the weeds again.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1712 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1708, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1696, Celestial Coordinates wrote:I don't want to be a fascinating player from an anthropological point of view I just want to be able to play a game without being policy scumread or having a lengthy debate as to exactly what the quality level of my play is.
I'm not trying to be mean here but you make the idea that you're the best thing since sliced bread relevant to the game by insisting you have the sole power to lynch players and everyone should obey you
noooooooo

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1717 (isolation #51) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1709, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1706, Celestial Coordinates wrote:
In post 1702, Shoshin wrote:We're even on that score, except Irrelephant got mislynched, Varsoon didn't. In that sense, my incorrect read was less harmful than yours.
Except when you townread Irrelephant, what did I do?
Part of my being good is that I know when to listen to people, you know.
Which is why I wrongly listened to you about NSG, because you kept saying you were always right about her. Learned my lesson there, which is not to trust you as much as you think you should be trusted.
please no more. not the right format.
post-game, via PMs if it's still eating at you, better.

not adding anything to town currently.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1809 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

since when did ank not really play D1?
is this a recent development, or...?

@Oh

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1824 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1821, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1816, Oh wrote:Dann has been a bit more aggressive this game than usual, actually.
yea wtf

im specifically trying to be more aggressive and assertive so that MG doesn't happen again and apparently Sakura reads that difference (or doesn't read it as it would seem) and says, oh I forgot Dann was in this game, let's kill him
kinda like this post

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1871 (isolation #54) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1863, Shoshin wrote:I guess what I'm saying, RC, is that it's usually scum who get upset when a strong townie gets confirmed town. And that's what I'm feeling about Oh.
my experience says differently, although i can't grab examples for you off the top of my head

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1873 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

usually scum take moral issues to the moderator in private

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1923 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

(sorry for length. this ended up being a "this readslist is for Nacho's sake" more than "this is a summary of my thoughts!")

TOWN (S ----> W)

{Shosin-Celestial Coordinates, Oversoul, Sakura Hana-----Gay Dance Gone Wrong, ----------gap----------, Something_Smart-----Dansflor---------gap--------PM}

Shoshin

The elephant in the room is this, which plays a significant part of my townread on Shoshin. To be clear, I do not think that it is impossible for Shoshin to be scum and I don't think that Shoshin is above reproach because of this post, but it's a pretty crazy move from someone who doesn't seem to have a ton of respect for her scum game in general, and, if she is scum here, I think it is a "burning bridges" type of game as RC mentioned could be the case. It really hinges on how much she actually hates playing scum + what could drive her to play a good scum game; I've gotten completely wrecked because I've underestimated Tammy's drive to fool me and don't want that to happen here, but, odds are in our favor that Shoshin is just town and this paragraph is just a big rant saying that Shoshin is probably town.

I do like her general pushback against RC, in particular 1361 where she accuses him of scumreading Wisdom to buddy up to her is an approach that seemed genuine and it was a good look that she kept engaging even after the initial attack instead of making everything about RC like many scum would respond, but there's nothing that I'd die for outside of the "I'm going to Africa" posts.

Celestial Coordinates:

413 is where my townread on the slot firmed up - Nancy and I had an exchange that basically culminated in Nancy arguing with me about how I was wrong saying that her earlier mistake wasn't town-indicative and had her doing so passionately. I think it's a pretty weird position for her to take if she's scum here - I mean, clearly she respects RC's scum game more than her own, so the play here is probably not attempting to town clear yourself via dumbtell and instead to not make any significant moves and let RC guide the ship. There's still a world where she slips on accident and finds Dann's townread on her so compelling that she adopts his neighborhood, but doesn't seem very likely. RC's setup thoughts here are mostly correct if a bit overblown - if we don't hold people accountable with something concrete (whether by dropping baton lists before day's end or agreeing on lynches or whatever), then it seems like a much easier job for scum overall. Do lean slight town based on the intensity of the position alone despite acknowledging that "intensity" is a pretty bad reason to townread RC.

The timing of the read on Shoshin read makes a
lot
of sense to me, and it's probably not the route RC takes if scum when he can probably spin some of Wisdom's negging him against him or he can take that "Nacho is underwhelming" to a track where he's instead gaining momentum against me. The two posts that concern me about Shoshin the most are 706 and 709. I don't understand the reasoning for it and I don't know where he's coming from on Cephrir-Shoshin associations in particular - the two have more interactions than I expected they would but that seems to be coming from Shoshin's end almost entirely and chances of someone latching onto their scum buddy to that extent this early is slim and I don't agree it's something that's happening because WIFOM; you take a big risk doing something like that and if there's someone around who can read you pretty accurately, then it's not a risk you should be comfortable taking. Also think that Shoshin's observation in 1396 is a good one and is something that I've seen in a number of places where RC seems to burn himself out taking positions that don't particularly matter to him as scum.

Also really just like his scumhunting in general - especially in places like coming together on Gameplay/Wisdom. As a good scum player, you want to limit the opportunities for townies to project town; yes, you look townier and get more towncred for pushing a bunch of different people, but it's a game of diminishing returns. RC has done more at this point than he needs to as scum, plus there's just the fact that if he's pocketed me so thoroughly by coming to reads when I'm coming to reads and offering good criticisms of a couple while completely disagreeing with others that if he's scum at this point it's just :hitoshrug: for me. A big piece of my Wisdom scumread is simply because this is the role I expected Wisdom to fill, but he most definitely is not at this point in time.

Oversoul:

Oversoul is town here unless I completely forgot what his scum game looked like (which is possible!).

He starts out the game by declaring that he won't baton pass to any of the slots in the game who are a major threat to Oversoul-scum in that I think any could identify him and made him dead within a day. I don't think that's his approach as scum. I don't think that Oversoul scumreads Gay Dance early game when they're picking up a bunch of townreads because he's a scum player that lacks the level of confidence. I don't think Oversoul posts the "fuck you, peacing out until lynch phase" when scum simply because I don't think he's not paranoid of the townread on him disintegrating by then if he's scum. Like, if something major changed and someone needs me to explain this then let me know but otherwise Oversoul still town.

Sakura Hana:

Sakura Hana townread mainly build momentum once she had her split from RC, but even before then I thought there were two points that were important to me. The first were from her interactions with grumprir simply because I don't think there's a scenario that makes sense to me where Sakura is scum and drives the knife in like she did. As scummates with Cephrir she'd be hyperaware of Ceph's feelings because daychat so definitely not there. Sakura scum and RC town then she knows RC is wrong so can't see her going as hard as she did here, and don't really see Sakura taking the position of "RC's sidekick" if they're scum together. I think her expression of not caring about the strong scumgame affecting her townread on RC here came across as pretty genuine for whatever reason, and the progression from Shoshin's Africa Tell and how that ended up eroding her faith in RC and causing her to break from him in a couple of places came across as super town.

Gay Dance Gone Wrong:

This read is mostly based on what I assume from the Bitmap side. I like the glimmers of GiF that I've seen so far, but there's nothing substantive or anything that I feel any significant amount of confidence in. I talked a little bit about what looks like Bitmap's shower thoughts making their way into the thread (such as 336, and I still most certainly buy into that and don't think it's something that Bitmap thinks to fake as scum, but I like how aggressively he projects as town especially with RC hanging around, and I really like his progression wrt Shoshin-RC; moving from strongly townreading RC and thinking that he'll catch flack for doing for that to following RC onto his scumread to getting lost in the weeds a bit and trying to become a logic bot to playing with the idea of Shoshin-RC scum together....

Like, if Gay Dance Gone Wrong is scum here, they're in a fantastic position in a good playerlist, so I think that Bitmap's overall approach would be to keep a steady ship; stay active, stay engaged, but I don't think there would be as much gamesolving effort and there is here.

Something_Smart:

Something_Smart seems to be just happily snarking himself to the end of time, which I'm actually pretty okay with at this point in time. Him savagely shooting down people scumreading him for weak reasons (here and here) takes a sense of chutzpah that I don't think S_S has as scum.

I liked the way he came about townreading me. Subtle progression, but moving from "hmmm. not sure if alignment indicative." to don't know what he'd look like as scum but like what he's doing to probably town seems like he's just figuring shit out on his own time, and putting that much effort in a read that doesn't matter in the scheme of things if S_S is scum seems less likely to me than him just being town here.

This post is underappreciated. So is this one.

I guess I don't have any magic bullets for this read but I'd be tickled if S_S is scum here, just don't think it's particularly likely at all.

Dannflor:

Dannflor's early approach seems to be mostly centered around Enter, which is something I think I like independent of everything else. I'd like to hear an expanded read on Enter from Dann, though - I didn't really understand why he started reading Oh as town when he did, but I like his read on gameplay especially if I'm right there and I like his "oh god I'm going to be a mislynch this game" talk especially since a bunch of people aren't really addressing him as a popular lynch target at the time, just seems to be asking for trouble.

PMysterious:

Just seems like lost town, waiting for a replacement here.

I liked him apologizing to Something_Smart for not voting him for the baton passing - if he felt obligated to do something like scum, I think he would because he's following the path of least resistance. I thought the "what is Nacho like nine times out of ten" question was a silly question but also cute and more likely to be coming from town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1926 (isolation #57) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

SCUM (W---->S)

{Cephrir---Oh----------Goodies-Yukzyuk--------gap--------Wisdom--------gap--------gameplay}

Cephrir:

I think Cephrir's early approach was Cephrir kind of on a back foot and would end up looking the same as either alignment. Cephrir's next day approach is much more along the lines of what I expected/was hoping for. I like his approach to YukzYuk - 1325 is a big piece of my problem with Yukz in the first place and agreeing with me isn't town but it is reassuring! His recent posting even more so - doing things like challenging Oversoul read, Dannflor, etc - again, nothing I feel particularly strong about, but is trending upwards.

Oh:

The crux of the Oh read is that there are a number of small things that I like and nothing incredibly problematic. So, maybe town?
This doesn't have much bearing to Oh's alignment, but it's silly. Towns get to endgame and don't have enough to fish out the last scum because they rush day phases without enough from everybody or they don't hold lurkers accountable or they spend day phases sorting personal drama as opposed to playing the game - even if everybody agrees on universal scumreads (or a universal scumread), there's still information gained from the obscene amount of heavy lifting that results in agreement.

I kind of like Enter's meta padawan proposal here, although it's obviously not anything solid, but making their first significant entrance to go against the "I WON'T BE LEASHED" approach by Ank seemed genuine. I think that bristly pushes towards Cephrir and RC are less likely to come from scum, most of their attempts to read seem genuine, but... nothing crazy here.

Goodies:

This is my shrug read that I will revisit in the future because I don't know if I burned out because it's the last read that I worked on or because nothing grabbed me but my big impression of their posted was disjointed hydra posting. I'll feel much better once there's someone doing something from the slot which seems to be what's happening now.

Yukzyuk:

Okay so my hidden paranoia is that Yuk and Wisdom are scum together and that's why Yuk had the early on dumbtilt towards Wisdom and that's why he's all "look at me and my Wisdom scum read!" and that's why he's a perpetual scumread for Wisdom.

Other than that, I hate the interactions with RC specifically wrt Cephrir and Shosin and I think if RC, Ceph, and Sho are all town then the chances of him being scum go way up because it seems like he's more obsessed with "BoPing" RC whenever he suggests killing those two names as opposed to engaging RC on the reads themselves. His lines of pressure also don't seem to go anywhere and just seem geared to annoy people, but, in my experience, those people are usually town.

Wisdom:

First of all, feel strange with Wisdom's approach to me this game in particular. I appreciate the initial space to work with, sure, but Wisdom's general approach is usually more pushing to understand where people are coming from with a healthy dose of paranoia on the sides and I haven't seen a lick of that here. Like, townreading RC because of nance and making no further pushes to develop the read is kind of nasty. Giving me a full leash for the first day instead of pushing or trying to create a BEST FRIENDS FOREVER team that would devolve in moments due to paranoia is kind of nasty.

The big pieces that bother me about his approach to the game are first that his reads seem incredibly safe and centered almost entirely on lynchbait. Like, I don't see town Wisdom having a kill list that looks like this:
In post 936, Wisdom wrote:{yukzuk, s_s, gameplay, danflor, pmysterious}
and just being fine with that. He's acting like he will have forever to figure out any potential deepwolves even though he's presumably not getting the baton passed to him and I think there's usually much more sense of urgency in town!Wisdom than there is here.

I also don't like how there's not really any progression in any of his reads, no moment where it feels he's engaging and processing shit.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1930 (isolation #58) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1927, Goodies wrote:Hi Nacho. Good to see you.
Good to see you too!

(if this is still the crazy head ofc)

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1941 (isolation #59) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

GAMEPLAY0506 AND WHY HE NEEDS TO DIE
(aka why Nacho is obsessed with a catchup post):[/color]

So, my biggest problem with gameplay's catchup post is that it's a bunch of disconnected observations. I don't mind the style of "look at a post, comment, read next post, comment" - I use it plenty myself, but there aren't really any observations that he seems like he actually cares about, everything seems incredibly methodical and there's no points that emphasizes or tries to point out over others, which is kind of crazy if he's town who actually read an OK chunk of a game. To demonstrate my point, I would love to compare his catchup post here with his catchup post in the legendary Magical Girls UPick:

Spoiler: Scum Catchup
In post 1404, gameplay506 wrote:Hey so
I will start my reread
It turns out I have 50 pages to read and I was procrastinating too much :yawn:
Gonna do it page by page 'cus I will lose track of posts if I try to summarize it all in one

Page 5:
Cephrir is one grumpy boar but he cute
is just pointless
Page 6:
Eh
I mean you replaced into that game, didn't provide a lot of content and died the same night. I couldn't really get too familiar with your playstyle. So I'm looking at those posts restricted only by this game and they stand out.
Page 7:
I like OS tone here. His posts flow naturally/ don't come off as fabricated
Soshin makes another stiff comment. Eh
This seems to be a trend for this game tho
Hey SH do you usually have formed reads on page 7 :eek: ( btw you made this post on page 7, its page 50 something which means 40 pages in. What you got as reads?)
Page 8:
RC I SEE YOU
you tr both, cool, me too
She hasn't been striking me as anything strong rn dunno why this exists
Btw the stiff comment from last page applies a lot to Dann. I find him different from what he was in MG even in the early game where he was a bit more serious than late
MMM, I haven't given it much thought, but idk, not really? Tho I might be misunderstanding this so if you can explain
Weird vibe from the sorry SS line
Lets not do magic girls again, they have only posted twice lol
I yell ^
Page 9:
Ah I think I understand now. I agree?
I can't get anything of the Wisdom/SH exchange about Nacho, sorry
Page 10:
RC going about how he is going to die N1 gives me deja vu from MG but I think that's something typical of him
WOW is scummy bad
I have liked OH so far and is quite good. Might be because I see where they are coming from, might be because I like the flow of the post, might be because he ACTUALLY HAS THE COURAGE(and patience) TO FIGHT RC but I like it.
I can get behind what Gay Dance is proposing too
Eh. I mean it raises opposition because you voted him after 2 posts when he basically said nothing AI. And you seem to have a weird attitude towards that slot for the last 2 pages.
I still like Gay Dance but its something to mark.
Getting a universal agreement from all players with what to do with the baton will most likely go wrong. JUST SAYING
Page 11:
Wut, where did this come from :shifty:
Yes
This was it huh
Page 12:
I think that the one with a strange obsession for RC is Yukz who seems to only like to talk about him and not really bother with anything else
Like why?
EH
Yukz :?
Sorry but what Wisdom is saying makes sense, don't fight me for that RC
Since I have to mention Yukz for the third time, I really don't like him
Page 13:
Amazing
Hey I haven't mentioned SS but at best he is a null. His openning was weird, his remarks are not very exciting and so far he hasn't been up to much. So why is this?
Ah, an answer to the above. And he doesn't seem stiff now?
SS lol
OS talk I can't really join in so on to
Page 14:

I wanna know why
That is just a bad proposal.
Shoshin seems to be in the RC fanclub as well
I wanna know why Wisdom too, maybe we get an explanation next page?
Page 15:

I don't understand what you are getting at with those
That he is filler posting? If so, I think he isn't alone there
is more nice posting from OH
Nacho has a ok-ish/good-ish entrance post
The self-conscious argument about Wisdom is cool but shoshin is definitely not as towny as other slots so what is that vote Dann

THIS IS GOING SLOWER THAN I THOUGHT
Gonna split it in several posts so that i don't clog the thread with mine

Spoiler: Town Catch Up Post
In post 713, gameplay506 wrote:God I caught up
Posting my thoughts in a bit
*it sure sucks to be in Europe and wake up to 10+ pages but when you are online everybody else is asleep :? *
In post 714, gameplay506 wrote:K so I I will start with the the Krazy/RC fight
I do feel like they were both genuinely affected by each other's words, I do see why both of them would post what they posted and thus I don't think any of them did what they did to gain some sort of a townread.
On top of that I like the Sakura Hana head of T&E, I follow what she is doing and it all seems to come from town so far.
Now the Sailor Senshi heads, albeit not as productive as T&E, seem just as genuine as Hana. I do think their content is lacking a bit but again the few that they have provided seems to come from town.
Another thing that makes me like the slots is the frustratrion from the hydra heads not participating in the fight with how the fight is affecting the game and the effect it may have on their slots.
So yea, those 2 are probably one of my steongest townreads so far.
*that being said RC and Krazy please stop fighting because not only are the same things being repeated over and over again but it also makes reading not very enjoyable*
Dann is also up there. I liked p much everything he posted with the exception of him taking sides in the argument and voting Sailor.
Btw I didn't underatand the votes on Senshi, yes Krazy did have a bit of an aggressive entrance and his vote wasn't good(meaning it wasn't bad as in scummy bad, just gameplay bad) but still there were other players with more content and scummier posts and Krazy's behavior back then is a bit unlikely to come from scum imo. Soo I'm eh on the votes there.
Uh I also like LLD. Her entrance was good enough for me and I'm awaiting further posts.
I still like Bitmap. There isn't really a specific post or reason for that outside of me just liking how their gameplay flows so far. It wasn't perfecr but what errors there have been I feel like they come from a town mindset and not scum.
Lastly the HH hydra seems ok-ish and Cafe is fine(and I am not saying this because they took my side in Titus vs me :P) but those reads can more easily change.
Gonna post my scumreads next post so that I don't make a giant wall.
In post 721, gameplay506 wrote:Not a fan of:Lady eventide, pops, gamma and titus. (in no particular order rn)

Lady E
- as I understand the L head of the hydra is the more inexperienced one and did the setup/mechanics/fluff posting at the beginning of the game(which I didn't like). So when the E head joined I was expecting the general theme of their posts to change, for them to take a different direction, but uh that didn't really happen. Their posts still seemed to be more or less devoid of actual content, talking but not saying much. The only redeeming post of their iso seems to be the one concerning LLD and her openning tho I can see it both coming from wary town as well as scum trying to throw some susp on a perfectly acceptable openning imo. With that being said I will probably hold my vote on them for now and wait for some more posting.

Pops
- I reaally do like pops as a player but essentially what she has been doing so far is talk about video games, stay on the sides and just comment here and there some things which in fact don't really contribute with anything. This is a big contrast to what I'm used to seeing from here(we've played one game but I do think its enough) - she used to be way more active, way more pushy and aggressive even unlike what she is showing now.
Also this is probably one the fakes posts so far:
In post 534, popsofctown wrote:
In post 508, Sailor Senshi wrote:Yeah pops might be scum but is that actually interesting?
The heck?
Yes, this is mafia, if you actually think I'm scum it should be outright fascinating. That's literally the entire game.
In post 535, popsofctown wrote:
In post 534, popsofctown wrote:
In post 508, Sailor Senshi wrote:Yeah pops might be scum but is that actually interesting?
How does this post come from a town mindset ever? I don't see it.
In post 537, popsofctown wrote:UNVOTE:
I quoted the unvote because I share Dunn's opining that she slipped that in to position for another vote

Gamma
- I do think gamma is quite forced and not really making any effort to solve the game out. The questions he/she is asking are just pretend-scumhunting imo. The me-vote and bitmap vote that they made is a big ew:
In post 195, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 182, gameplay506 wrote:What you are doing the last page is ew
I am vote parking here
How
I think Titus makes decent points and your react feel like covering your ears and shouting "NUH UH!"
VOTE: gameplay
In post 410, Gamma Emerald wrote:<snip>

IIIIIIT'S PUNISHMENT TIIIIME!

Bitmap, I find it quite peculiar you think scum wouldn't lead a wagon. Because you seemed to be convinced I was scum by voting patterns after I led the Chemist lynch in Hidden Speezy, which goes against your professed logic here. Obviously you're being dishonest somewhere and you were town that game so: get rekt kiddo.
Vote Bitmap
The reasoning in the second seems overdone and fabricated, the reasoning in the first is a misrep.

And finally RC/Krazy have been accusing each other of causing a big commotion and throwing a tantrum in order to gain some townleans but the one who is actually doing this seems to be Gamma in the Gamma v Bitmat. It just suddenly all blows out of proportion on Gamma's side for no real reason imo.

And lastly my opinion on
Titus
still stands since she hasn't been posting much after our 1v1 and I already explained my problem with her slot.

He comments on a higher quantity of posts here because he wants to show us that he's doing things, but all of those observations are shallow as hell - stuff like "this is good. this is bad.". In Magical Girls, he didn't waste words - he talked about things that made an impression on him because
that's what townies do (more often than not)

The second piece is once I engaged him and asked him to talk to me about that chunk of catchup:
In post 1454, gameplay506 wrote:I guess me seeming like I don't care can be explained with how I approached the catch-up post(more in a rush, trying to get into the later pages) or its just my style of posting idk. I don't think I come off as totally disconnected from what I'm saying tho. I stand by what I say and I hope people consider my reads for once but
I am also in the process of catch-up with my thoughts on the game being highly likely to change so I would rather not commit to hard onto what I am reading rn.
The bolded is the part that pinged me in particular - whenever lost town is feeling lost and someone wants to talk about what they just posted, I feel it's a much more natural reaction to want to talk and want to engage, especially if you're having trouble getting into the game in the first place - the fact that he dismissed something he just spent a significant chunk of time putting together seems all sorts of wrong to me.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1943 (isolation #60) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1940, Cephrir wrote:I would like to note that this is not a free town pass forever.

VOTE: Nacho
this is such a cephrir townread.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1950 (isolation #61) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

but that being said @gameplay:
In post 1649, gameplay506 wrote:Meh it seems like I am getting baton killed tonight
I don't have time to properly catch up and I probably won't be able to do that soon given how fast this game is moving. I have no idea why I am getting scumread so heavily and skimming the thread it seems that that has actually been going for some time before my actual catch up which is absurd since my last posts were from page 5. But I just won't bother addressing it seeing that everything I say prompts even more shit to get thrown my way.
So whatever, imma peace out and safe some mental energy
VOTE: CC
This might be hammer or L-1 according to last VC
I did do a bit of reading in your past few days and saw that you got lynched D1 a number of times, and I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong right now. If you are town, we still are early in the day phase and there is still plenty of time to turn things around. If you are town, I think you just were a little too ambitious with your catchup; I wouldn't try to read every page in depth, just read until you get something you feel good about and post then.

If you are willing to put in the work I won't miss your town tells.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2295 (isolation #62) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Don't really understand the sense of urgency to end the day - still would like Goodies/PM/Gameplay slots resolved if possible (does gameplay's last post mean he's replacing out, or...?).

I don't like Wisdom's responses to me so feel good with what we're killing, but... It's been three days. We can take more than three days when killing two people.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2434 (isolation #63) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hi Kagami!!!!!

Thanks gameplay! Appreciate you replacing out when you don't have the time as opposed to just dragging shit out until your slot gets mislynched.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2497 (isolation #64) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2492, Cephrir wrote:i believe 2441 is coming from a place of preexisting relationships
That would be correct.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2500 (isolation #65) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2441, Kagami wrote:I am most assuredly town; have not read iso.

I don't know if Nacho is the correct vote, but that's a pretty absurd take given that votes seem to be nearly completely irrelevant in this setup. Right now, awesome people are voting Nacho, so it's probably correct.

I'm not super hyped on reading 100 pages, though, so if someone (particularly someone I'm familiar with) wants to save me time, I would appreciate it. I'll probably end up doing so regardless, but not immediately.
Check my ISO recently; I made a large readslist that should be a good jumping off point.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2501 (isolation #66) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2499, Sakura Hana wrote:Hey Nacho can we talk about Wisdom?
Sure! Anything in particular you want to talk about in his ISO or about him?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2504 (isolation #67) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2502, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 2501, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2499, Sakura Hana wrote:Hey Nacho can we talk about Wisdom?
Sure! Anything in particular you want to talk about in his ISO or about him?
Do you scumread him very hard or no.
I would be pretty surprised if he flipped town at this point, but I'm not at the point of no return.

You're right that not being able to vote his scumreads could change his approach, and I see how that could result in pressuring his scumreads less, but I don't think it helps him being comfortable with a pool of low-hanging fruit and calling it a day.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2507 (isolation #68) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2439, Celestial Coordinates wrote:
In post 2434, Nachomamma8 wrote:gets mislynched.
?
I most certainly wasn't thanking scum!gameplay.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2511 (isolation #69) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2298, Celestial Coordinates wrote:What I've seen is that in games like this stalling out the day ends with scum managing to control the lynch.
There's a reason that MU shorter games have higher town winrates, there's a reason newbie queue winrate went up with shorter deadlines, etc.

I think that if Wis/Gameplay is something scum don't want going through it will probably get derailed if the day goes long enough, if it's something scum want going through it will never derail

I think we can take a very very long phase for the lynch and I was planning to do that but I think 'rushing' this phase is prudent
I would feel more strongly on the momentum argument if you weren't town/didn't have 500 posts currently.

This is also irrelevant to anything in particular but MU town winrates are so good because they are so, so shit at playing scum (or they were when I played) + their setups favor town by a very large degree.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2517 (isolation #70) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2509, Sakura Hana wrote:Do you think it's better to give him a normal lynch and if he still doesnt feel town then lynch him?
I want to do whatever gets us the best chance of getting a scum flip going into lynch phase, and currently, offing Wisdom is what I think will get us there.

The only reason I'd put off his death is because I like him and I know what he's capable of which feels a bit crappy? If he had a bigger presence in the game or he seemed like he was putting a bit more on the line than he is now I'd feel differently, but he's not.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2519 (isolation #71) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2508, Goodies wrote:Other than being a little crazy I don't think we are negative equity to town right now. We are more than willing to work with people when they aren't off crusading on their own vanity paths.
You can work with me!

Although I'm more... waiting for you to do some things that I can engage.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2527 (isolation #72) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2512, Sakura Hana wrote:Also @Nacho: which of his reads are "low-hanging fruit"? Because I certainly dont consider Yuki one, and gameplay/kagami is literally globally scumread at this point including you.
I think Yukz is low-hanging fruit. I don't think he's particularly charismatic and I don't think that he is going to have a significant influence on the game. S_S is also low-hanging fruit.

And my thought is not that he has to push strong players or that he couldn't push strong players as scum, it's just the complete lack of paranoia or due diligence to basically all of them feels unlike the town Wisdom I know and love.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2531 (isolation #73) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2520, Sakura Hana wrote:I just think that a town wisdom can be a valuable asset to town if he's given time to do SOMETHING, instead of what we're doing right now, but if you feel that strongly about it then i wont oppose.
I'm OK giving him time. I'd still like to see Kagami do something if she's going to do something since I value her input. I still want Goodies to give reads and start engaging. I still want PM to replace out or get prodded or whatever is going on there and I want someone in that slot I can trust to at least pass properly.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2537 (isolation #74) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2530, Sakura Hana wrote: Do you mean how he's been voting you since the start of the game for baton on the reasoning of "bc he's nacho"?
Yes. Like, that's fine for an initial "hey! haven't played with you in a while!" but I don't think there's a point in the game where Wisdom has tried to read me and I don't like it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2547 (isolation #75) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2543, Oversoul wrote:NSG I need a vc gurl
Having trouble adding 5+1???

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2589 (isolation #76) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't think so!

Kagami, if scum, is in a pretty shitty position. She has good competence as scum, yes, but not so much competence where she could/would even want to clean up someone else's mess. She is not someone whose "scum giving up" mode concerns me.

Wisdom could wriggle out given time, but doesn't seem likely. He's had plenty of time to do so, but hasn't yet.

I understand RC's position - going as hard as he as for as long as he has is mentally draining and I understand being in that position and wanting to move on, but he's getting bulletproof tonight, will play many games other than this one, it's a high % play and we move on. But I will not play a bunch of games other than this one and don't plan on living past today (and I probably won't unless the gamestate is fucked and that means taking more time here is a good thing).

So, I'm willing to take the conservative play in order to preserve the chance of playing with two people as town that I like, and, in the meantime, take the opportunity to develop reads on people I am unsure about.

I understand the other side, but I'm not moving from mine and I don't think it's a move that loses us this game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2633 (isolation #77) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1924, Goodies wrote:@Nacho- I remember a long time ago, in a land of fire and ice, Ceph being a scum fuck who made much the same argument he made here for the 2 ways hed play. Do you remember that game?
I'm sorry that I missed this!

I don't remember much of that game other it being the worst town game that I've ever played; embarrassing when you do more damage to the town than the two guys who faked guilties!

I think the dichotomy between "funCeph" and "grumprir" is one that's well-established and one that he would make regardless of his alignment. Is that the one you're talking about? Do you disagree with the argument or do you think the reasons he brought it up here were scum-motivated?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2640 (isolation #78) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2604, Oversoul wrote:Nacho remember when fferylt played? I miss her
I do and I miss her too buddy.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2648 (isolation #79) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2616, Goodies wrote:There is no such thing as a set amount of time, but scum sure do benefit from kicking a cow until you are just kicking dirt.

We are seriously pulling our dicks out as town reads on CC and Nacho and voting on whos dick is bigger. They are both Dirk Diggler Dongs so who gives a shit who's is bigger.

Instead we are punching each other in the dicks here for no fucking reason.
There are like 3 people with 300 posts.
There are some people with 10 posts. The people who were driving discussion earlier have petered out a bit, which gives a fine opportunity to let thread breathe and get a little bit out of people who haven't had the chance to contribute before.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2680 (isolation #80) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2674, Oh wrote:I (and I think Ank) are willing to compromise in the lynch pool if Hana is in it.
I don't know how to interpret this post + the next.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2682 (isolation #81) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

NSG:
What happens if someone who is passed the baton doesn't respond? Do we wait 72 hours for a replacement, or...?[/b]

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2746 (isolation #82) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2703, Goodies wrote:
In post 2700, Oh wrote:
In post 2373, Shoshin wrote:Jeezus, moderation on this site is terrible. It's making me not want to play this game out.
What's bad about the moderation on this site?
I dunno if trying to discuss this during the already bloated corpse of this day 1 is optimal my friend, maybe this is a post game question?
Good post.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2748 (isolation #83) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2724, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:
In post 2594, Celestial Coordinates wrote:
In post 2589, Nachomamma8 wrote:but he's getting bulletproof tonight
Is this actually happening though because I don't necessarily think that it is.
@Nacho:
If you're serious about this, will you vote for CC?
No. Kagami has been in the game for 6 hours. Kagami deserves more than 6 hours to contribute.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2768 (isolation #84) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2653, Goodies wrote:I am. I remember, and maybe wrongly, that someone pushed him for scum that game as well and used a similar defense against the accusation. I do think that he would talk about that here in a self serving way because its dictating the terms people will be dealing with him in and he is setting the sides uneven as a result of that self assessment.
I don't doubt it at all - the reason that it's NAI is because it's been going on for such a long - so yes he probably used it in a scum game three years ago but also in a town game two years ago and also in an SK game months ago. It might have began as a way for him to dictate terms in the game you cited but it's a part of him now.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2771 (isolation #85) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2750, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:I mean eventually. Not now ofc.
Yes.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3231 (isolation #86) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I am ready for this day to end!

I think that the Goodies-Yuk exchange was productive and am happy it happened.

If Sakura is scum this game, I no longer have any idea how to play.

I feel Kagami has been given sufficient chance and her doing absolutely nothing at all is a firm scumfirmation- she knew she was replacing into a big ass game when she accepted the replace-in but I don't think town!Kagami would give 0% because she knows even if she was lynched there are people who would most certainly give her reads weight.

Sakura could be right on Wisdom and I'm sorry if she is but this is some limp-wristed shit coming from his direction and I don't think it's coming from him not being able to vote people - if this was the case, I think he would acknowledge feeling off/strange instead of plugging ahead with the "I found two scum and I don't need to do anything" line of thought.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3233 (isolation #87) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2454, YukzYuk wrote:CC
Nacho
Shoshin
GDGW
Oversoul
Dannflor
SS
Yukzyuk
Pmysterious
Cephrir
Goodies
Oh
Sakura Hana
This list is still fine. Sakura Hana on the bottom freaks me out because I really don't want to lose her, but if she's asking for the last baton, then :hitoshrug:

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3234 (isolation #88) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@PM OR PM'S REPLACEMENT: PASS TO CEPHRIR. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3235 (isolation #89) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Celestial Coordinates

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3257 (isolation #90) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3234, Nachomamma8 wrote:
@PM OR PM'S REPLACEMENT: PASS TO CEPHRIR. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3267 (isolation #91) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Pass: Shoshin

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3392 (isolation #92) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I agree PM is lock-scum but please let me play out the day!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3397 (isolation #93) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm also as sure as a boy can get that Sakura is town here.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3603 (isolation #94) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3599, Celestial Coordinates wrote:Amusingly I'm actually more sure Cephrir is scum than that PMysterious is at this point.
Yeah I'm not even that confident PM is scum at this point but there's just no way I think we can let him live at this point

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3604 (isolation #95) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Which is a disappointment because I wanted my last blaze of glory lynch to be something a bit more satisfying than this, but.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3606 (isolation #96) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3549, Dannflor wrote:I'm sorry how the hell am I not cleared after those flips
Cleared? Why would you be cleared?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3608 (isolation #97) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3605, Cephrir wrote:I'm predicting a PM town flip on the grounds that his scumbuddy would have reminded him what to do. I guess the counterargument is that wisdom might have instructed him to try that if the final scum is pretty hosed here. but either way, he does still need to die.
It's a good move for the scumteam because PM isn't endgaming as scum ever so him sacrificing himself for a townie lynch (since scum assumed Hana would pass to Wisdom) is still a good trade.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3611 (isolation #98) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3609, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:Nacho give us reads before scum murders you.
I have to drive 3 and a half hours to visit my mom then I want to spend some time with my mom then I have to drive 3 and a half hours back and then I have to drive to work and then I want to get my reads back together. Be patient, PM isn't going anywhere.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3612 (isolation #99) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But Sakura is town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3615 (isolation #100) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3532, Oversoul wrote:Cici, full disclosure, you have committed a scumtell of mine twice now.
Killing two scum before Day 1 starts??????

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3616 (isolation #101) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3614, YukzYuk wrote:Why is sakura town nacho
I'll explain things later, I'm just gonna stay in my happy bubble for a little while right now.

Just glad I can come out of retirement and still ring Wisdom's bell.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3617 (isolation #102) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Not that I did it alone, but man does it feel good to see Wisdom and his partner dying together like that.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3620 (isolation #103) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It's bonkers to me that RC is still picking up suspicion at this point???

Yes, he's good at scum so he wouldn't bury himself in this position because that's dumb especially when he has Nancy who will presumably come back eventually???

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3628 (isolation #104) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Plus the way we came together on gameplay + Wisdom when and how we did was organic as fuck - I know that's one of the reads that I shouldn't explain because it's more voodoo magic than logic but I feel those deep

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3630 (isolation #105) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3629, Celestial Coordinates wrote:This is disgusting, vile, and at odds with the Merlin episode that I'm watching.
ewww that's a horrible show

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3640 (isolation #106) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3533, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3522, Celestial Coordinates wrote:I still think there's significantly more evidence pointing to {Dannflor / Cephrir / Goodies} than other living players, with Sakura as an additional that I'm like ehh about.
Shoshin's more likely to be scum than people I'm outright townreading but I don't
expect
her to flip scum very often at this time.
You know one of the things I hate the most in mafia is when i invest myself into a game and people skirt around the idea of me being scum driving my anxiety up because im sensitive to scumreads on me but not wanting to lynch me yet saying i shouldnt reach endgame because im super likely to be scum and just leaving me alive getting stressed out and not sure what to even do or say because people will generally want to ignore me because WIFOM or because "Could be scum" and then i die, by lynch most likely and people still ignore me because "Dead people" which just drives me of to "INSTEAD OF MAKING ME SUFFER JUST LYNCH ME ALREADY", and that's... literally how you and Oka are making me feel right now.
Hey Sakura!

I'm sorry you're not having fun this game. I'm grateful for the chance to play with you again and I'm especially grateful that you trusted enough to not pass to Wisdom like you could have - understand you were in a shitty place emotionally but you still followed the town play which does mean a lot.

I know that you aren't scum. If people lynch you they will be shitting on my ghost.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3646 (isolation #107) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3644, YukzYuk wrote:i think rc doesnt want to kill sakura which is unfortunate because i really really really want to
Welp ur wrong so have fun with that

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3649 (isolation #108) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3647, YukzYuk wrote:nacho whats ur solve
If PM is scum then PM + one of {Dann, Oh}

Otherwise I dunno but I'm gonna read and do shit later so I'll get you an answer then

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3659 (isolation #109) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

mmmm probably not a great thing to post - would like to focus on having a somewhat healthy gamestate

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3663 (isolation #110) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

:(

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3672 (isolation #111) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't think that Cephrir is scum either - he'd be the guy putting in the most effort out of anyone else, his strength as scum tends to be positioning himself properly... I really don't think it ends up looking like this.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3673 (isolation #112) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3670, Firebringer wrote:NACHO IS IN THIS GAME!!!

long time nacho, how you been?
Hi Firebringer!!!
Ur super town. Congrats!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3674 (isolation #113) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I wish that you were still Sakura but that's not your fault.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3705 (isolation #114) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3698, Dannflor wrote:I feel like:

enter: let's set up counter wagons to wisdom/gameplay!

dannflor: no

kinda town spews me but w/e im not broken up about it anymore
Do you feel that there was a significant chance of you developing strong counter wagons to gameplay/wisdom? Bc I really don't, hence why no townspew for you.

Are you not concerned about Enter trying to set up counter wagons to wisdom/gameplay?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3707 (isolation #115) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3705, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3698, Dannflor wrote:I feel like:

enter: let's set up counter wagons to wisdom/gameplay!

dannflor: no

kinda town spews me but w/e im not broken up about it anymore
Do you feel that there was a significant chance of you developing strong counter wagons to gameplay/wisdom? Bc I really don't, hence why no townspew for you.

Are you not concerned about Enter trying to set up counter wagons to wisdom/gameplay?
Also could you link me to where this happened?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3710 (isolation #116) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3706, Dannflor wrote:which I know means I'm scum in your solve but I'd encourage you to look outside of that before you die because neither of us are scum
I mean

I'll look everywhere but I'm also not super convinced with your enter townread and feel you could most definitely be wrong with that. It was one of the things I was thinking about on the drive and I really don't think that Enter's righteous anger at Cephrir is alignment indicative at all - he was pissed at Cephrir's approach to the game which is something he likely dislikes and picks on as either alignment so... seems like a null tell to me.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3712 (isolation #117) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3025, Oh wrote:
In post 3013, Dannflor wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2194, Something_Smart wrote:Why would you obstruct a lynch that will almost certainly happen anyway?
In post 2204, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2199, Sakura Hana wrote:Becuase I believe that when literally almost the entirety of the PL wants Wisdom dead means Wisdom's most likely town.
But that only matters if you can convince people not to immediately lynch him after the baton phase.

Do you have any other reasoning besides that?
In post 2228, Something_Smart wrote:Sakura, you aren't stopping it. All you will accomplish is delaying it.
In post 2233, Something_Smart wrote:I'm bored at work. I have plenty of time.

Why are you wasting EVERYONE's time?
In post 2239, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2235, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm not wasting people's time im answering questions, I already stated my opinion and position, take it or leave it.
If you pass to Wisdom and everyone lynches him next, you've delayed that flip, and wasted in-game time.

Here is Something_Smart taking an active stance in game and trying to convince Sakura Hana to do the pro-town thing.

I don't see how any of this is town.
We're not even four days into the game and he's already expressing frustration over not ending day?
There are two possible circumstances here: (three, but the third is ridiculously unlikely given how little resistance was experienced to RC's wagon)
1 There is two town as baton kill targets and this baton kill is very good for scum - two players die, lots of players have no reads because all we did was argue about mechanics and then all agree gameplay is scummy
2 There is one scum baton kill target, scum have recognized he's likely going down anyways and are biting the bullet. day 1 mafia kills like this with no reads are very bad for town
3 There are two scum baton kill targets. This is the only scenario in which I think S_S looks towny froma ny of these posts

He's rushing day end really early in the game. Most of the discussion has been about mechanics, optimal play, and players taking advantage of the system/cheating. I don't thinkt here's really been anything extensive enough to develop solid reads off of, town has been rather distracted and overrun by the larger personalities in teh game ( I recognize I'm at least a little at fault here)

I think that both scenario 1 and 2 are bad for town, pushing the lynch now is bad for town, frustration at day not ending right now is easily scum indicative, lack of desire to discuss why there is resistance from sakura is scum indicative

And let's not forget that
he brings up multiple times that she's wasting in-game time, but if in-game time is so important to him, why does he want to end day early?
Yeah this looks pretty fucking bad

This is a concerted effort to push the wagon off Wisdom and onto you (gameplay was a wash and was going down, but Wisdom is a strong scum player who maybe could have been saved), and it's for... wanting to end the day early?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3714 (isolation #118) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3711, Dannflor wrote:I would be very very surprised if Enter could fake the anger/upset energy he had the other night when he and I were arguing about ending the day phase

He felt genuinely upset that he was starting to scum read me and I don't think he has that type of range in him
You do not think he has the range to fake anger when you already talked about it being part of his toolbox earlier?

What makes that anger unfakeabke?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3716 (isolation #119) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3704, YukzYuk wrote:dont worry danny i dont scumread you
yeah I don't either I don't think

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3724 (isolation #120) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Can you get me some posts of his showing what you mean by "too shaken/upset" to be scum?

I mean yeah I understand soul reads but I don't really trust them when that's all they are. We're almost hitting page 150; it's hard to trust a read that can almost be summed up as "yeah he fakes anger as scum but he faked it in a special kind of way that makes him town"

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3727 (isolation #121) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I mean, think about it. Read their ISO from a scum perspective, see what they're doing makes sense. See if what they're doing doesn't make sense from a scum perspective

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3731 (isolation #122) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Thanks. Can definitely see where you're coming from especially with the "nothing hurts me this game more". I'll check it out when I have time which I won't for a while but. Might check out some of Enter's scum games and try to get an idea on range and style since I know nothing about him (and thought he was she until very recently so sorry about that!).

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3976 (isolation #123) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3950, Goodies wrote:
In post 3931, Goodies wrote:So how do we all feel about taking PM behind the woodshed and doing what needs to be done, and then sending us to the baton killing zone and letting us pick who goes with us to our deaths and hopefully a win?
No? Not at all?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3979 (isolation #124) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3978, Goodies wrote:You think PM passed like that as town? Like the explanation he gave for his actions makes sense as town?

Or you don't want us to have control over who dies tomorrow with us?
I don't want you to have control over who dies. Why would I? Why are your reads better than everyone else's?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3992 (isolation #125) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Oka:
I'm driving back soon. Then I'm sleeping. Then I'm working.

Be patient.
In post 3611, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3609, Gay Dance Gone Wrong wrote:Nacho give us reads before scum murders you.
I have to drive 3 and a half hours to visit my mom then I want to spend some time with my mom then I have to drive 3 and a half hours back and then I have to drive to work and then I want to get my reads back together. Be patient, PM isn't going anywhere.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3995 (isolation #126) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3986, Goodies wrote:
In post 3979, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't want you to have control over who dies.
I mean, you already kinda know who we are scumreading.

I would assume that we could put out a list that would separate the group into safe and not safe and then we could discuss from there?
Still doesn't make sense.

I see what you're trying to do but it doesn't add any sort of benefit whatsoever. You want to die because you want to go out in a blaze of glory but it's better to kill the two people who are the likeliest to be scum.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3996 (isolation #127) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3993, Firebringer wrote:have a safe drive nacho
Thanks friend

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4202 (isolation #128) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

There cld be another lynch target - who is the fourth guy listed in your role PM???

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4500 (isolation #129) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Beginning my post couplet now; gonna do some before I head back to work and then I'll do the rest when I get back.
In post 4494, Goodies wrote:
In post 4492, Oversoul wrote:I'm like really hoping that it is PM/Ceph because then my Crummie or Scummie post would actually be godlike, but if it isn't I still have you as a back burner
Your argument is shit. Have me wherever you want, just dont pass the baton to me and let me kill who i wanna kill on my list and we will be just fine, and then you get to see that your read was wrong and based off shit.
At this point, I don't think that you're scum, so this play is selfish and anti-town. I understand the desire to go out in a blaze of glory, but putting yourself into a pool of people to die when you know that you are town is incredibly,
incredibly
anti-town. I cannot believe that this is a conversation that I have to have but encouraging yourself to die is equivalent to self-voting and actively trying to get yourself lynched as town just so people will listen to you more - there is no reason for people to listen to you more because you are willing to kill yourself. You being willing to kill yourself will not give you better reads. You trying to kill yourself is actively attempting to throw the game. Do not actively attempt to throw the game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4501 (isolation #130) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4500, Nachomamma8 wrote:Beginning my post couplet now; gonna do some before I head back to work and then I'll do the rest when I get back.
In post 4494, Goodies wrote:
In post 4492, Oversoul wrote:I'm like really hoping that it is PM/Ceph because then my Crummie or Scummie post would actually be godlike, but if it isn't I still have you as a back burner
Your argument is shit. Have me wherever you want, just dont pass the baton to me and let me kill who i wanna kill on my list and we will be just fine, and then you get to see that your read was wrong and based off shit.
At this point, I don't think that you're scum, so this play is selfish and anti-town. I understand the desire to go out in a blaze of glory, but putting yourself into a pool of people to die when you know that you are town is incredibly,
incredibly
anti-town. I cannot believe that this is a conversation that I have to have but encouraging yourself to die is equivalent to self-voting and actively trying to get yourself lynched as town just so people will listen to you more - there is no reason for people to listen to you more because you are willing to kill yourself. You being willing to kill yourself will not give you better reads. You trying to kill yourself is actively attempting to throw the game. Do not actively attempt to throw the game.
Like, seriously - stop. There is the chance that the game is harder than it will seem now and you will be a huge roleblock to town winning if that is the case. Don't give scum free lynches. It is anti-town. Stop trying to throw the game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4518 (isolation #131) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't intend to talk about...

1) Oversoul - Oversoul's scum game by and large sucks. It sucks because he can't project the townie aura that he has here; in particular, playing the black sheep who is super duper reactive when people scumread him or look at him funny is outside of his range. It's possible that his ability has grown since I've left and came back. I don't think it's the case, but prudent to start pressing him if we're staring in the face of a bunch of green flips.

2) Shoshin - RC is 100% right that there's a chance Shoshin is scum despite the convincing trust tell. People can and do play meta burning games as scum - Tammy fucked me over a number of times when she was scum and I was town simply because she continually found things that she would never do as scum. Now, I still find this being Shoshin's game of the ages to be unlikely - when she talks about having such a strong hatred of being scum that she wouldn't bother if she rolled scum here, I believe her, and find her dropping out of the game p much entirely this game when it's solved but it's also important for scum!Shoshin to show up to stay out of PoEs and start to work on the harder to lynch townies to be consistent with that mindset (but one could also argue that she gave up hope when RC got the bulletproof).

3) PMysterious - even though PM could possibly flip town because it is PM. don't think that's happening?

4) Gay Dance Gone Wrong - I don't have a bunch of smoking guns to point either way, just a bunch of small towntells and really liking Bitmap's posting overall and thus don't think I have anything new or revolutionary to say and feel looking for stuff would be wasting my time.

5) Celestial Coordinates - People calling the slot scum here aren't using any vague sense of logic so I don't really think explaining why they're town any further is going to do any good whatsoever, but they aren't scum here.

Goodies
Oh
Cephrir
Dannflor
Celestial Coordinates
Something_Smart
Firebringer

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4520 (isolation #132) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

So, there are a number of meta reasons that lead to Sakura replacing out how she did and when she did and I am confident that it is a move that basically never happens here if she's scum - her play, in particular surrounding her frustration at RC for scumreading her and not taking her reads into account (and then voicing doubt on me, the person who has been her staunchest supporter up to that point).

I don't think in a million billion years does Sakura treat her scumpartner the way that she treated Wisdom and I don't think Wisdom treats Sakura the same this game if he was her scumpartner. First of all, I'd imagine Wisdom would be a good deal more active and aggressive in pushing back against RC if he had a scumpartner that was as widely townread as Sakura was D1 and who was putting in the work that Sakura was putting in Day 1. Second of all, Sakura was pretty happy to follow onto Wisdom and gameplay for a while, but then started pushing the breaks halfway through but never actually dug in and townread him. I think that scum-Sakura's best move in her position would either be to keep on her scumbuddy to maximize the cred or to protect him to increase his chances to live; she torched a lot of her position by landing solidly in the middle and I don't think that happens if she's scum.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4530 (isolation #133) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Oh:
In post 183, Oh wrote:I think I don't want any of my slot, Gay Dance, or wisdom baton passed so far
I don't like Oh calling out Wisdom as an early early townread because I really don't think he did anything even close to town in the first 176 posts, but I do see Ank/Wisdom rolling scum together and making a plan to buddy and powerwolf. And, surprise surprise, first opportunity Enter gets he also townreads Wisdom:
In post 290, Oh wrote:I lied I actually do have townreads!
In post 293, Oh wrote:Is it a hot take that wisdom is one of them?
In post 469, Oh wrote:If we protect you, then there is WIFOM about whether or not you're scum tomorrow, and then we have to waste a lynch on you when it could be used on someone better.
This is a creepy post where Enter/Ank try to convince CC that they don't need the bulletproof because if they get it they'll get lynched the next day?

Could be dumb point here but if Wisdom thought the best way to use RC as negative utility was to piss him off and make him as toxic as possible then this rly isn't a good look:
In post 493, Oh wrote:For the third time, this isn't Ank. Ank doesn't type like this. I expect you to know the difference by now, considering you're talking to us like you know us?
In post 506, Oh wrote:
In post 500, Celestial Coordinates wrote:I'm really unhappy if OH is anything but scum. Hopefully they're just scum.
It sucks to have to realize that in the end you carry no more weight than most other town players, I know.
In post 524, Oh wrote:I don't want you lynched before endgame because you're good at scum.

I want you lynched before endgame because the way you're playing the game is generally toxic, counter-productive to any semblance of approach to Socratic discussion, and overall anti-town.
("counter-productive to any semblance of approach to Socratic discussion" made me twitch when I read it the first time and I'm only remembering how much it bothered me now!)
In post 577, Oh wrote:Alright.

I can work with RC.

RC - Ank and I had a discussion prior to the game - Nancy has a relatively large resume of misreading Ank because she thinks she had a strong meta on her regardless of on multiple occasions reading her improperly. Partially for that reason, I wasn't signing, because I wanted to help get the idea out of her head that she could read Ank.

Sorry for calling you toxic, the swap between RC and Nancy threw me for a loop and I was only half-aware when y'all swapped - Trying to respond to RC posts over Nancy posts got difficult. Our slot is honestly just trying to deal with Nancy as soon as possible and then ignore her after we both grudgingly accept that we aren't likely to get along. As for which posts are mine -- pretty much everything after the second catch-up post is mine, and after the original scuffle this morning between you and Ank, she hasn't responded to your slot yet.
This gearshift feels weird as hell, don't really understand where the "let's be friends" moment comes if town but if he's scum and he's clearly not getting anywhere the backpedal makes absolute sense.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4531 (isolation #134) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

(i think Oh is scum. i'm gonna do the big nasty quotestripes and then summarize my read and then we're gonna send PM off into the soft gentle night. i think everyone else is town esp. goodies but i don't think it's necessary for me to put words to anything but Oh!scum and reiterating that Firebringer slot is 100% town.)

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4535 (isolation #135) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 608, Oh wrote:
In post 604, Celestial Coordinates wrote:
In post 598, Oversoul wrote:I swear this site makes my grammar and spelling worse.
I used to constantly use big words and talk down to people before I played MS enough to learn how to interact with people properly.
@OH it's fine I felt like you were taking jabs at me for being me wrt wanting a policy lynch on me while refusing to take my reads at all seriously and essentially just setting me up to be nightkilled in a bad way. Not, like, I want someone else to be protected more but it felt like you just specifically wanted me to be a viable kill.
I understand. I'm not trying to prevent you from being bullet-proof. My fear was that the game would quickly become overrun by discussion of defending you above all because you provide +town equity if you are town, and I wanted to squash that argument before we reached that point. It turns out my fears were invalid, and I apologize. I don't mind you being protected first, but I would like it to be because people legitimately think you're town and not some overall meta argument.
enter this is a load of bullshit when #524 exists. and it's bullshit when you made the "you don't want to be bulletproof because WIFOM."
In post 599, Oh wrote:Reads:

So far I like Shoshin, and she brings up a good point against Wisdom.
I haven't been a particular fan of some of Yukz earlier posts - specifically his responses to Wisdom ~287 and his post about S_S in 305 was specifically untrue.
Nacho has been good this game.
Sakura Hana has been leaning on the town side of NAI.
GDGW hasn't done anything I liked (as far as I've seen) and his town reminds me of my own during Anuket.
"man shoshin brought up a good point against wisdom!"
"but yukz had a bad response to wisdom..."

(crickets on actual wisdom read)

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4545 (isolation #136) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 884, Oh wrote:Just... out of curiosity and a little bit of fear, what makes you think that?
(do still like this response to Dann tho)
In post 1007, Oh wrote:
In post 1005, Wisdom wrote:and even further, you then attempt to sort everyone else while having your tunnelee as flipped scum in your mind

namely what rc is doing
That's not tunneling, that's hunting for associatives, and if you think that's what RC is doing, call it that instead.

Also bringing up that you think someone is scummy and then also presenting a possible solve with that argument is not scummy. That's what RC did. He brought up his read, defended it, and presented a possible solve. The game hasn't even gone on >24 hours. Are you just going to say that whenever anyone brings up who they think is scum and starts pushing them that they're also tunneling? Are we supposed to sit around sipping tea and make off-handed comments about how we think one or the other player MIGHT POSSIBLY be scum until we just happen to get enough agreement to get a lynch because directly calling a player out as scum is considered tunneling? Because that's significantly easier for scum to manipulate.
this is the most useless argument ever and comes immediately after ank popped in to call wisdom town.
"RC is tunneling!"
"No he's not!"
no change in read

also realizing at this point how few reads Enter is actually pushing - he's apparently scumreading gameplay and Yuk at this point but fuck if I could tell from any of these posts.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4550 (isolation #137) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1993, Oh wrote:VOTE: Nacho

-Edmund Duke, Alpha Squadron
ank comes in from not doing anything at all to tie CC and me at 5 for apparently no reason at all

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4551 (isolation #138) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

oh that's after i posted the readslist

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4556 (isolation #139) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2047, Oh wrote:@RC how much better is a Wisdom BK (Baton Kill) over a YukzYuk BK?
awkward bargaining phase with RC even though yuk is scum #2 and wisdom is scum #3 on Enter's latest scum list.
In post 2061, Oh wrote:And run me through wisdom scum again please

In post 2060, Oh wrote:Don't end the day until we've had time to go through my thoughts/ideas as a hydra ty

this is after i delayed day ending for forever and a half - seems someone wasn't comfortable with the state of the game

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4558 (isolation #140) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2127, Oh wrote:Just the little analysis I've done has basically split the playerlist into two camps and one camp is significantly more likely to be town than the other

Wisdom is in that camp and I get the impression that his reads are better than anybody else's this game.

RC who do you have pegged as somebody that can mastermind as scum? I strongly suspect you're getting played this game

and again, cannot emphasize how completely out of the blue this is.

ank is going "yep i don't give a fuck about d1, just gonna lurk until i give a fuck" and then two scum are going down and suddenly she starts trying to play RC, tell him how she thinks he's "getting played", asking who he thinks a "mastermind of scum" is??? this doesn't make any sense at all from a town perspective but definitely makes sense as a scum hail mary.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4561 (isolation #141) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2718, Oh wrote:
In post 2717, YukzYuk wrote:Then I have no idea what you are trying to say because on one hand I'm being attacked for being unoriginal and on the other I'm being attacked for being original for evil intentions.
I'm trying to say that attacking your buddy

is unoriginal
In post 2719, YukzYuk wrote:Okay why the fuck are you bringing this shit up now and not waiting until we see a red on Wisdom's flip.

You are just pissing me off and wasting everyone's time who has to read these interactions.
In post 2721, Oh wrote:I'm also trying to say that your scum read on him wasn't necessarily original.

I think you have greater scum equity than wisdom right now, TBH and I"d rather you were flipped first.
love how Oh gives up on saving wisdom for a minute, Oka calls him out for the TMI when he doesn't have a big scumread on Wisdom in the first place (and his partner has a Wisdom townread) and he goes back to trying to save Wisdom.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4568 (isolation #142) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2987, Oh wrote:Also cool.

Also let's get a group of people together who want to lynch someone other than gameplay wisdom

not because i necessarily think either of them are town but because it would help me read everyone else better
this is amazing.

"let's create a counterwagon to the double scum lynch. not because I'm reading either of them as town (because that would be crazy), but INFORMATION!"

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4574 (isolation #143) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3035, Oh wrote:
In post 3031, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3025, Oh wrote:then all agree gameplay is scummy
you keep saying this

but people flipped their reads on him at one point

He wasn't a universal scum read until slowly me + RC + Shoshin outed that read

I think it will be telling when that read flipped for people
Wut.

WUT>
Alright let's give credit where credit is due.

I
was the first person to scum read gameplay. You followed up and agreed with ME. Why is my name not mentioned there all of a sudden? Where did SHoshin come from?
In post 2693, Oh wrote:
In post 2296, YukzYuk wrote:What the duck i was the first to scumreads wisdom
for not necessarily good reasons

it's real easy to scum read your partner first

ok ok ok i'm done

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4578 (isolation #144) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

yes.
i think that oh should die.
thanks everyone for waiting for me even though i felt like the geriatric grandpa the whole time!!!

Vote: PM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”