New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #0) » Thu May 19, 2016 10:39 am

Post by heuristically_alone »

In post 58, Ircher wrote:
In post 53, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 52, Ircher wrote:
In post 50, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 47, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I'm harder to read than... well something hard to read.
No, you aren't. You know you aren't so stop puffing out your chest like Big Bad Leroy Brown.
You know who is though? RC.

Pedit: And how often you draw scum?
I have a wiki
You draw scum 20% of the time.

All the more likely you are scum.
What he has drawn before has 0% indication what he is now
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Thu May 19, 2016 10:41 am

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion

Illusions strike fear in the heart
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #2) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:37 am

In post 102, TehBrawlGuy wrote:The whole statistics discussion is stupid and doesn't read natural. Feels like a poor attempt at distancing to me, as does Ircher's "go vote shotty". VOTE: Ircher

Copper case has no real merit imo. Copper had no reason to unvote/vote anyone else, but also no reason to actually believe Ircher was more likely to be scum than anyone else at the time.
I think the whole statistics discussion is a pretty null read. Sounds like a scum trying to come up with a reason to vote someone and manipulative convince others it's scummy.

Scum lean for TehBrawlGuy
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #3) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 am

In post 226, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 222, Titus wrote:
In post 220, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 216, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 214, drmyshottyizsik wrote:keep in mind those games were probably from 3-5 years ago.
only one of them is, but i work with what i got. doesn't make it any less valid, especially if it's something you aren't aware of.
You have a sample size of 1 town game and 2 scum games, plus an out dated game. Read as far into as you want, but if you go down this rabbit hole I want be here to pull you out of it.
Sample size is null. If you're looking for a genuine tell, older games are better. Like for anyone getting to know me as scum, I direct to games like Gundam Seed and Mini UDesign. If you see how a player structures an argument, it is not likely to change much.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
you did something in this game you haven't done in our current game so you must be scum.
From what I've seen, players quoting other games tend to be town. Would anyone agree or disagree?
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #4) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:45 am

In post 259, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:ircher stats are funny

but not scummy
Agree, and because we are on the same train of thought, EspeciallyTheLies is probably town
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #5) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:50 am

In post 232, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Well given that half the wagon on Ircher was driven by calling him scum for badly mangling statistics I can’t see this as valid at all. Why not anyone else. Brawl, who you are floating as Town, is just as guilty as Nos in my mind.
Ircher getting voted for statistics has been pretty valuable. In the future, we will probably be able to gain information from the votes on that exchange on scum and not scum.

Slight town lean Magna
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #6) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:05 am

@Ircher, I normally do that when I know I have a lot to comment/reply to. I am having more to say then I initially realized. Thanks for the feedback
In post 341, copper223 wrote:@Egg
Saying you are 99.5% sure there is not showing confidence, it's either dumb overconfidence or scum theater
I would say that giving just under 100% is a fair analysis, because there is absolutely no way to be 100% certain. Scum lean on copper.
In post 349, zakk wrote:heuristically_alone - can never really accurately read this guy due to posting style. have played with him as both alignments that i can recall, can't really (be assed to try to) tell a difference in posting.
Then I must be doing something right :)
In post 349, zakk wrote:drmyshottyizsik - seems annoying and narcissistic mostly. doesn't seem particularly town or scum. would lynch, regardless. i keep seeing DGB, zito, and reck, with every post he makes. #51 is an odd post to make as scum (from 2010) though.
I know what you mean and was thinking along the same lines, though I'd prefer not to lynch as I'm seeing it a more slight town lean
In post 366, cytheflyguy wrote:I have read nothing and everything at the same time. Ircher seems most scum atm so I'll go with him for now

VOTE: Ircher
Your laziness has earned you scum points according to my scum points book

In post 388, Titus wrote:Read his two posts.
In post 389, zakk wrote:
In post 387, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:how is cy the top wagon with only 2 posts?
have you read the posts?
Both Titus and Zakk replied the same thing. I know this should be a null read, but I'm gut reading both Titus and Zakk as town for the moment.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: cytheflyguy
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #7) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:11 am

In post 422, cytheflyguy wrote:Lynch me if you want. I can be more use later. Right now I'll just be a potato and see how the votes go
This is so scummy
In post 425, cytheflyguy wrote:Oh lol, more votes on me. Idk what to say in my defense so I'll just wait for someone more scummy to say something later on, which seems to be a common theme in these games
And a terrible defense.

@copper I'd say 80% chance of scum. (Hard to really come up with percentage. What I mean is most likely scum but still not super close to 100% certain)
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #8) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:12 am

and VOTE: cytheflyguy
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #9) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:13 am

In post 530, Titus wrote:Cy is scum for the same reasons Copper is. Only Cy's trajectory is worse.
Can you explain what you mean here, please?
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #10) » Tue May 24, 2016 7:35 am

In post 623, zakk wrote:
In post 406, heuristically_alone wrote:
In post 366, cytheflyguy wrote:I have read nothing and everything at the same time. Ircher seems most scum atm so I'll go with him for now

In post 389, zakk wrote:
have you read the posts?
Both Titus and Zakk replied the same thing. I know this should be a null read, but I'm gut reading both Titus and Zakk as town for the moment.

UNVOTE:
In post 620, heuristically_alone wrote:and VOTE: cytheflyguy
1. you have your own reasons for voting him, but you try to make it funny too
2. you base your actual vote on the fact that titus and i agree about him
3. you forget you voted him, and vote him again? apparently you didn't really believe in your vote when you did it.

bonus: you made some comment to me about that you like being hard to read, which seemed jokey-scummy in sort of a "ha ha let's laugh at this together even though i'm giving the obvious scum answer ha ha ha look how funny everyone"

vote: heuristically_alone

the cy wagon has gotten stale of late, it's a bunch of me-toos, and a cy flip will tell us too little

the ircher wagon is the definition of a lazy wagon on probtown, buuuut it will tell us a lot based on flip, so i will abide it, HOWEVER

hey other people:

come join me on heur, we have cookies. this is the real juiciness of the day right hurr
I like to do jokes in my comments a lot. I do it equally as any alignment. I thought I had remembered voting cy but when I rechecked my posts I couldn't find my vote, which is why I voted. Apparently I had voted and just missed it.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (isolation #11) » Tue May 24, 2016 7:39 am

In post 636, copper223 wrote:
In post 615, cytheflyguy wrote:To the part addressed to me, I do think that Icher is scum, as stated before. But I think Copper is even more sus, imo. I admit I am/was lazy and I plan on changing that lol. This is just so overwhelming and something I need to get used to xD.
Orly, please elaborate.
I feel like a newbie mafia is more likely to be lazy in reading an overwhelming game than a newbie townie who would want to be caught up.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #12) » Wed May 25, 2016 2:08 pm

In post 804, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 623, zakk wrote:
In post 406, heuristically_alone wrote:

In post 389, zakk wrote:
have you read the posts?

UNVOTE:
In post 620, heuristically_alone wrote:and VOTE: cytheflyguy
1. you have your own reasons for voting him, but you try to make it funny too
2. you base your actual vote on the fact that titus and i agree about him
3. you forget you voted him, and vote him again? apparently you didn't really believe in your vote when you did it.

bonus: you made some comment to me about that you like being hard to read, which seemed jokey-scummy in sort of a "ha ha let's laugh at this together even though i'm giving the obvious scum answer ha ha ha look how funny everyone"

vote: heuristically_alone

the cy wagon has gotten stale of late, it's a bunch of me-toos, and a cy flip will tell us too little

the ircher wagon is the definition of a lazy wagon on probtown, buuuut it will tell us a lot based on flip, so i will abide it, HOWEVER

hey other people:

come join me on heur, we have cookies. this is the real juiciness of the day right hurr
Agree with this post/10.
Look at heur iso.

It's the definition of coasting. Most of his posts are one liners, and his only stated reads are on me (circa forever ago) and Cy, the easiest wagon in the game. It's a Large, and he has one current read, but he's here enough to answer a question directed at cy in for some reason?

vote heur
I tend to only comment on things that jump out, and cy at that point was one of those things that jumped out. Also, this game started at an awkward time for me, so I haven't been able to be as invested as I'd normally like, but hopefully now I should be able to be more involved.

As for reads, I liked the motivation for your vote on me. I am now leaning more town on TBG. This doesn't feel completely like a scum trying to find another wagon to start, but rather a town that noticed some odd activity (and lack of total activity) from one player and wants to call it out to the town.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (isolation #13) » Wed May 25, 2016 2:11 pm

In post 823, Aneninen wrote:In post 659, SethYazura wrote:
You can easily single out newbies from an experienced and everyone can do it.
An experienced knows the concequences of posting in the same way as cytheflyguy, cy posted like that because he doesn't.

And. That. Is. Not. An. Alignment. Tell.
I've noticed that town are more likely to point out things that are not really alignment tells. Scum would want other player coming up with tells and voting others.

Town points for Aneninen
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (isolation #14) » Wed May 25, 2016 2:12 pm

In post 827, Aneninen wrote:Heuristic Alone – Were he alone, this'd be the game with the least pages ever.

Haha, then maybe I'd finally win a game :D
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (isolation #15) » Wed May 25, 2016 2:16 pm

In post 848, Titus wrote:Lowell - Borrowed this from the readwallI started earlier.
heuristically_alone - Lean town. His highlights a logical fallacy and he does this consistently throughout when he thinks he sees them. is good posting as well. Disagree that Shotty is town but I like the attempts to town clear based on play. This becomes much weaker if Shotty is scum though. Slotting someone in as town because agreement = likely noob town. is where I have concerns. He's townreading ETL for agreeing yet Zakk and I should be null reads when we agree with him? What? Where'd his position suddenly change

HA, when you read this, I would like your reads until this point.

Conclusion: Lean town, with reservations
By tomorrow I'll have your read list hot and fresh out of the oven. If I see anything that jumps out in the next couple pages, I'll state it right away.

@Ircher point taken, though for now I'll stick with that town lean. I know that anything pro town a mafia could easily fabricate.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (isolation #16) » Fri May 27, 2016 11:51 am

Here is some of my reads list. My laptop broke down, so I had to run to the library to do this before it closed.

Titus- I’ve played with Titus in his scum game, and she is really hard to read as scum. Titus is really good at making any player she wants appear scummy if she wants. While I’ve seen scum and town reads, I don’t see any attempts to make elaborate pushes bringing up evidence for it, so I want to say town lean.

drmyshottyizsik- the entire game has either quoting someone throwing in a one liner, or made some comment on killing Ircher (for the most part). He really hasn’t included any personally created content, just pushing on the Ircher lynch and commenting on everyone’s posts (possibly trying to get on their good side). This isn’t necessarily a scum tell, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Shotty flipped scum. Also not a big fan in trying to read too much into RVS votes

Ircher- The best I can read Ircher is based on the point system he has been using. Personally, I think keeping track of the point system in another document and to himself, as it does appear like a scum trying to appear really towny. Based on what I know of Ircher, though, this probably makes him town. In post 400, I commented on it already saying it was more of a null read, but thinking more about it, I’m actually leaning town.

Copper-
In post 645, copper223 wrote:@Zakk
Heur is mislynch material so if you are town check out more of his stuff to make sure of your read, alternatively you should join us on Seth, Seth is scum.
Copper is town. I don’t believe Scum would want to close up possibilities for a lynch.

Nahdia- Seems to be doing more one liners in this game than her usual meta (not that I’ve seen enough meta to really know) Lean scum for the fact that Nahdia seems to be reading as scum that I am reading town.

Magna- I’ve been getting good vibes all over. Especially from this post:
In post 836, MagnaofIllusion wrote:People shouldn’t have to proactively ask about reads you do have when you have the time to make that Malkavian roleplay post. Which is why I find that whole sequence scummy
In general I think players asking others for their reads are general scummy. (An exception would be when asking a less active player)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”