New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:52 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

ircher's newbietown AF imo.
Art is cool.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Egg »

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Day 1 is about lynching the scummiest player regardless though. Can you tell me why Ircher is so obvtown?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Egg »

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Day 1 is about lynching the scummiest player regardless though. Can you tell me why Ircher is so obvtown?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:55 am

Post by copper223 »

@Egg
I sheep votes when you give me a case I like, how you express yourself is completely irrelevant so long as I can understand you and I'm not too prejudiced about what you are saying for whatever reason.

This might be cultural as well cause I've had the same sort of discussion with business friends in the US.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Egg »

Meh. Can you at least see how confidence would look persuasive to most people though?

Example, which would get more votes:
"Guys, Egg is obvscum. Trust me. I'm very sure on this. I've played with him a ton and my reasons are as follows......"
Or
"I dunno. Egg looks kinda scummy I guess. He could still be town though. Meh, I guess the following are pretty decent points...."

I'm guessing the first.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:59 am

In post 326, Egg wrote:I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Day 1 is about lynching the scummiest player regardless though. Can you tell me why Ircher is so obvtown?
i didn't say he was obvtown. i said he looked super newbtown. and because that's how i feel about him, especially during those silly stats posts. he was trying. i think that section is probably a great place to look for opportunistic scum.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:00 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 320, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 247, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 246, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:why don't you explain your motives here, shotty.

explain it to me.
Nah I think I'll be selfish and keep my reasons to myself.
ok so, i get the joke and all, but this should have been followed up with a real response, and i haven't gotten one, and it's an important question for me. what was the motive behind criticizing my scumhunting methods?
Fair enough. I feel, at least to a degree, I have explain myself. What in particular I'll be happy to expound.
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:02 am

if you explained your motive for criticizing my methods, i missed it.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:04 am

In post 332, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:if you explained your motive for criticizing my methods, i missed it.
Well ultimately not to discredit what you've said, but rather present a possibly better approach. I am town reading you, I've reread your iso a couple time and I'm fair certain you are town. I just want us to be able to find scum more efficiently.
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Titus »

@Egg, Because I don't perceive ETL as doing that. ETL's laying out her evidence for why she reached her conclusions and seeing if other people reach the same place.

P.S. That "different" scumteam very rarely comes from anyone with a town PM. Just saying.

I agree that Shotty was taking a shot at ETL, trying to make her look bad. The two things are clearly different and he's trying to pain himself as equal to ETL without actually doing anything.

@Project, you like none of the wagons really?

@ETL, Your read on TBG?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:04 am

also
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:05 am

ircher
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:05 am

is
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:05 am

dead
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 330, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 326, Egg wrote:I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Day 1 is about lynching the scummiest player regardless though. Can you tell me why Ircher is so obvtown?
i didn't say he was obvtown. i said he looked super newbtown. and because that's how i feel about him, especially during those silly stats posts. he was trying. i think that section is probably a great place to look for opportunistic scum.
I agree with the facts here but I'd call Ircher obvtown that's really new here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:05 am

soon
#freeShotty
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:08 am

Post by copper223 »

@Egg
Saying you are 99.5% sure there is not showing confidence, it's either dumb overconfidence or scum theater, I see what you are getting at with Ircher possibly being scum pretending to do so because it looks good to be confident (this does not apply to how I read the game so my gut reaction was: this is likely dumb town talking out of their ass).
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Titus »

I thought Ircher was already dead. Now he's dead sooon. Afraid you'll be turbo lynched?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:18 am

Post by zakk »

holy thread explosion batman
permanently retired

see here for more info
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:19 am

In post 342, Titus wrote:
I thought Ircher was already dead. Now he's dead sooon. Afraid you'll be turbo lynched?
I said a while back it will take a few pages for him to bleed out.
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 344, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Stop spamming. FFS. None of this bleed out shit. Ircher is town. Give some actual fucking reads, or has nothing happened in the past few pages given you a read at all?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:25 am

In post 345, Titus wrote:
In post 344, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Stop spamming. FFS. None of this bleed out shit. Ircher is town. Give some actual fucking reads, or has nothing happened in the past few pages given you a read at all?
You were two busy saying I think ETL is scum to see my post right before where I called him a town read?
#freeShotty
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:41 am

Post by zakk »

In post 154, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 120, zakk wrote:
not buying titus' copper stuff btw
but I do
VOTE: Copper
eh
In post 156, projectmatt wrote:Sup.

Titus and Icher are town.

I'm going to ignore the arguments that have already taken place and vote for the actual mafia.

Vote: TehBrawlGuy
In post 160, projectmatt wrote:
In post 102, TehBrawlGuy wrote:The whole statistics discussion is stupid and doesn't read natural. Feels like a poor attempt at distancing to me, as does Ircher's "go vote shotty". VOTE: Ircher

Copper case has no real merit imo. Copper had no reason to unvote/vote anyone else, but also no reason to actually believe Ircher was more likely to be scum than anyone else at the time.
Primarily because in this post, he is setting himself up to vote for both Shotty/Ircher as opposed to taking one side. It looks like he's trying really hard to agree with both players at the same time.

Also, I want to see him under pressure.
I like your style. I think you're town.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Egg »

ETL, meh, same thing in my opinion. town as fuck (guessing that's what af means) and obvtown both express a strong read. But anyway, you say he was "trying". Trying to do what? What about his effort reads as town and not scum?

Titus, I disagree with the idea that only scum have "different" scum team ideas. Do I really have to bring up Inuyasha mafia where you were the only one interested in lynching the claimed friendly neighbor Y+B and the person claiming to get their confirmation BBMolla? Not only were you town, but you were right which amazes me to this day. I also don't think drmy's joke was some plan with an ulterior motive to make ETL look bad. I think he was just poking fun at her.

Copper, this is weird but I think we are on the same page and really far off at the same time. But as long as we understand what the other is saying, I think we'regood because otherwise it turns into an obnoxious semantics battle that goes in circles.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:59 am

Post by zakk »

lol whoa i just realized there were people in the OP and that isnt just an abstract picture. lol

ok cool shit. heres my reads as they are

Persivul
- seems very town. like the magna push. (this is why i should have lynched you in evo, you weren't super obvtown there, and you seem to be here.)

Ircher
- seems very town (newbtown that's looking for ways to prove his worth, and not (newb)scum looking for ways to look town). post 25 doesn't come from newbscum. post 40 doesn't come from newbscum.

Egg
- seems pretty town (and very similar to a game i just finished with him where he was town)

projectmatt
- seems town. i like how he posts and what he posts about.

TehBrawlGuy
- seems town. i like that he likes my posts. don't see what other people call him scummy for.

drmyshottyizsik
- seems annoying and narcissistic mostly. doesn't seem particularly town or scum. would lynch, regardless. i keep seeing DGB, zito, and reck, with every post he makes. #51 is an odd post to make as scum (from 2010) though.

MagnaofIllusion
- doesn't seem particularly town or scum. seems like an old fogey like jazzmyn. (and lol. chill. no i haven't played with shitty that i can recall. and i think i'd recall.) i don't really see scum making a post like 50.

Titus
- doesn't seem particularly town or scum. seems too indignant about copper-scum. idk what i have to do with that argument though i saw my name dropped about 20 times with regards to copper. titus do you usually tunnel?

heuristically_alone
- can never really accurately read this guy due to posting style. have played with him as both alignments that i can recall, can't really (be assed to try to) tell a difference in posting.

Nosferatu
-

alban
-

I Am Innocent
-

copper223
- titus brought up stuff. i went back and looked. i can kinda see it. looks like confbias though, and i'm not really into the copper wagon it looks forced. i have no real opinion on the slot

SethYazura
-

Killthestory
- funny, but annoying. no idea on alignment. wouldn't mind lynching in the first 2-3 days or so if he keeps being like he's being.

cytheflyguy
-

Aneninen
-

Desmond_13
-

Lowell
-

EspeciallyTheLies
- saw the posts. liked the posts. don't remember much about the posts. feels pretty townie

haven't caught up fully. skimmed most of the thread after p6. some things stuck out and are added in above. some things didn't. if anyone's blank that means i have like 0 read on them yet. ask me questions if you have questions. if i have an answer i'll post it if i can but i might not have much time over the next few days due to RL stuff
@mod/peeps: i'm gonna be gone most of this weekend

try not to make the thread 50 pages before sunday evening lol
permanently retired

see here for more info

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”