hi, i'm large normal 242. and i'm over with.

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Hello.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:26 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 12, marcistar wrote:
In post 10, MalcolmTucker wrote:Hello.
scumpost ngl
Oops, I'll need to go ask my buddies to bus.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:50 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I take that as a compliment Frogster.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:30 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 28, Cape90 wrote:I'm just glad I am here and not 9 pages behind like last large game lmao
Is that the one we were both in you're talking about? Nightmare flashbacks of trying to catch up with about 60 pages after D1 only to end up voted out D2 anyway.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Agreed on Fennec, also feel Cape/Frog look town. Much of the posting feels TvT so far.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:27 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Don't particularly understand all the early attention or the scumreads on Cape.

Nero has looked a bit more defensive but too early for anything on the level of a proper scumread on the slot so far.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I like Fennec's approach so far, they seem open and townie.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 227, Fennec wrote:So I'm Placing this out there: A LOT of the people on the list have posted like a max of 3 posts, Let alone with content inside them, which is even higher. at least 1-2 of them are probabbblyyy mafia due to the amount.
To me, I think Gamma/Greeting/Nero are dodgy to me. Frog/Cape/Gamma/Nero/Greeting to me feel like a set of people with definitely 1 maf, could even be 2. All 5 of you are just to me Kinda Dodgy. As usual when the game has changed but I still need a lot more information, I'm gonna have to revoke my Vote

UNVOTE: Nero

But be warned, next time i'm voting I'm actually gonna be parking my ass right down on ya.
I'm slightly confused here - you hint that it's likely there's some mafia lying in the low activity posters so far, but your follow-up paragraph throws suspicion on a group of people who by and large have been much more active? This feels like a bit of an odd post because it feels like you're basically saying everyone and anyone could be scum in a fairly obvious way once you reread it.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 234, Charloux wrote:Apart from Gamma; toogeloo, pooky and dragons are viable for me right now.
Well dragons will get replaced prob so not them.

I'm afraid of reading Maria because of ptsd.
I'm not understanding what you think makes Dragons particularly viable here if you expect they're likely to get replaced-out anyway, especially when you basically renege on the point yourself. That would surely be NAI no?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 229, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 182, Charloux wrote:I can't get a read on Cape at all. Reading his posts gives me the same feeling i get while listening to my grandparents; I just shut myself off mentally without realizing it and forget everything that was talked about. He lacks the oomph in his posts to get my attention.
I'll leave him be for today and hope someone kills/investigates him by tomorrow.

@KittyTacky
Do you have any more reads perchance?

Also would like something with context from Crescent, Pooky, Toogeloo and
STD
Save the Dragons.
You also seem town. nobody's particularly scummy so far, I'm still getting a feel for the game.
In post 231, KittyTacky wrote:I'm like... a little dissociated from the game rn but better than when I just got in.
This feels town from Kitty, perhaps because I'm at a slightly similar place on the whole.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:56 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Whether for the reasons presented or not so far I think Maria looks quite scummy here. There's a cagey defensiveness to some of their posts after being accused which vibes with me as scum trying to clear their name but not wanting to look overly desperate but panicky while doing so.

I think Fennec vs Frog is TvT. Fennec very much feels like they're thinking out loud in the thread in a townie way, while I find Frog's play can be quite erratic but engaged when they are town. I'm not particularly seeing strong scum motivation from either of them at the moment.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:50 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Massively behind on this one and not been able to catch up due to site outage so far.

Tomorrow a busy one but will do a full read of what I've missed on Wednesday.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:05 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Sorry catching up, will probably summarise a bit as I go on my thoughts.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 368, Fennec wrote:I'll talk more about my reads and all that shit once I get my sleep, Read all the way back like I have been doing lately for a list of Important posts.

also greeting how does me flipping scum, make toogeloo suspicious. like please tell me. like actually, how do you somehow, pull that out your ass though. Like why is that specifically, the name you draw from the hat as also scum if I flip scum? also, What is gamma doing specifically to solve the game here? Despite calling me someone pulling names out of the hat, I haven't seen a single more in-depth post from them. I don't find them scummy at all, I'm just wondering why that is the specific person drawn from the hat. and also, still asking why you thought cape was specifically good, like even cape pointed that out (Although, that was when I mentioned him oddly against all of your votes, and how you were so protective of him as well)
This is a weirdly defensive post from Fennec but I think it's ultimately quite townie and probably just tonal - if you're scum in this situation you probably don't want to draw so much attention to potential associatives like this. Certainly doubt both players are paired scum.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 372, Frogsterking wrote:After reviewing the thread (which is very easy to do due to the lack of bloat) I've decided I don't feel comfortable tunneling on Fennec and Fennec should probably be a Town lean despite Greeting's point. I also want to point out that Greeting's play is closely aligned with their scum meta rather than their Town meta. I mentioned earlier that scum!Greeting was capable of forging Town tells for the latter half of D1 and overall I suspect that's what they're up to with this Fennec push.

I think MariaR is the best place to go and I'm fine with someone hammering there if a flash wagon occurs.
Decent town vibes on Frogster as well based on this. Thinking the game out and willing to commit to reads when necessary but not just tunnelling either. I'm not sure why but I could see scum Frogster perhaps being more willing to push town Fennec here?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:13 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 390, MariaR wrote:I've been trying to think of if there's a worldview where Frog is just a villa who is wrong but I can't get over the fact they just made up a worldview that never existed to begin with, and acted like they had this grand bait scheme. (didn't happen)

MT needs to have more votes on them, just look at that iso and tell me that's a villager mindset and not someone just watching from the sides taking shots posting busywork. It's such an obvious wolf iso
This is a lazy post and feels like an attempt to shift attention away from their Frogster read which clearly wasn't happening onto me. I've been relatively low activity so far but "watching from the sides taking shots" doesn't make sense, either I am watching from the sides and doing nothing or I am taking shots and committing to reads. Can't be both.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 459, MariaR wrote:I'm more confident on MT being wolf than Frog so I'd go MT>Frog after my flip. Glad to see I still got it on the "no one can read my slot" after a year away heh.
Again really not seeing why Maria is "confident" in me being scum and probably teammates with Frogster at a point when I'd made a handful of posts, a light scumread is fine if you so wish, anyone saying they are confident of scum who's made a dozen or so posts feels like they're making it up aside from the odd genial read.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:19 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 514, KittyTacky wrote:I'm getting really bad vibes from Big Chungus Gaming, like the slot they replaced is a scum slot under pressure and they're flailing, I'll finish my catchup to vote atl.
I agree with Kitty's read here, BCG's posts have felt pretty trolly so far but not in a particularly natural or relaxed way, like they want to avoid posting content of note while using a more comedic tone to hide behind that.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 562, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:Also mariar is one of the best players of this game so the fact we have scumreads that align is a sign i think she is town between frog/maria
One of Maria/BCG seems likely, probably not paired. A world where BCG relies on town Maria being killed to them attempt to gain town-cred here seems possible.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:24 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 634, KittyTacky wrote:Legit I can't find it, why the hell are there a bunch of naked votes on him all of a sudden.
Presuming my low activity and not having done much. Kinda get why I'd attract some votes for what's been lazy play up until now but if I do get eliminated I suppose it'll be informative to find out where the scummy votes are.

Maria's vote looked scummy - know I scumread them already but the fact they's voted me before and then came back on suggests desperation to just see anyone other than their own slot eliminated.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:27 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 636, Greeting wrote:I don't like the defense of
MalcolmTucker
too, in my opinion, he's done quite little to solve the game compared to the games I've seen him in. I have literally used the same excuse of "limbait" to try to sway town against eliminating an anti-town player when we both were scum together in Newbie 2100 (that is
KittyTacky
). Being limbait isn't really an excuse for doing nothing, especially if it's not the player's meta to do nothing every game (which, in my personal experience, is true for
marcistar
and
Toogeloo
).
I've been more active in recent games but an element of my inactivity came down to the site outage - was busy Friday night into Saturday and by the time I was ready to contribute again the outage had hit. Then was busy yesterday/today, just not had a lot of time to get involved really. The question is whether the people voting for me actually thinking I'm scum.

I'm generally mid-activity I'd say - there's been town games where I've not really been that helpful. In one of my more recent large games I got eliminated D2 because I'd done very little but I was town as an example. If you look at my scumgames I don't hesitate to muck in. In fact I'd say I'm generally consistently active as scum because I find it easier to feign reads than makes reads when I'm uncertain.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:31 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 683, Frogsterking wrote:MT I'd like to hear your thoughts on Dragons now that you're almost caught up.
Not sure I'm seeing STD scum to be honest. They'd not contributed a lot but it can happen as town, especially in large games if things get busy. Their early posts were sparse but I'd argue there's genuine reads/content there. Their response to you felt a bit over the top but quite genuine as well - do you not think inactive scum would at least want to make an attempt to get you onside?

I found it slightly surprising you went for that vote actually when catching up (albeit I skimmed some pages) because it felt a bit out of nowhere as a confident read given STD's relative inactivity. I don't think it's coming from you as scum though, just an area of disagreement.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:25 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 705, Charloux wrote:I admit my mistake. A true fencesitter should never, under any circumstances offer his opinion and only post fluff. Maybe a naked vote with no reasoning or context?

VOTE: Dragons

Now excuse me, need to eat some enslaved potasium.
This feels like an odd post, like an attempt at humour following a vote/bit of pressure which is actually just an attempt to deflect.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:32 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

On STD, the big rant against Frogster does deflect a bit...but I feel like STD has typically been much calmer/less confrontational when I've correctly accused them of being scum previously? Or more hedgy at least. It's making me lean more to frustrated town here. Scum want to win sceptic townies over and I don't feel like their responses to Frogster come with that intention.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:36 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

viewtopic.php?p=13305810#p13305810

This post the last time (I think?) I played with scum STD feels very different to the more confrontational posts we've seen in response to suspicion. It still deflects and tries to use meta to direct me away from what ended up being an accurate scumread but it's not particularly abrasive or something that's necessarily going to harden my read on a personal level. I'm wary to rely on meta too much of course but not feeling STD scum here.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:35 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 811, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:Honestly it is entirely incongruent with frogs history of doing gamethrow level plays in the past for him to be pushing policy on me this way - and thus why he is pretty much caught here atp.
The maria push was similarly just omgus fueled iirc from what i read. Frog isnt thinking critically about this game, its just whoever pushes frogs=mafia
Reading through the last few pages and this felt like a dishonest play - Frog's play can be weird to get used to and quite offbeat but I wouldn't particularly characterise them as a game-thrower. The intention just seems to be to make Frog seem dishonest based on meta more than anything else. Still happy to eliminate here.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:36 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Is there a way about doing V/LA stuff properly too? I will be absent from tomorrow morning till late Monday likely.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:43 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 875, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 873, schadd_ wrote:furtiveglance replaces Fennec
Hellooooooooooo

yo Furtive, welcome
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1220, Frogsterking wrote:I want Malcolm to follow up on their Townsend of Dragons and FoS on Maria.
I was away all weekend and been catching up now.

My stance on both players was outlined pretty clearly at the time, I found Maria's posts and responses to suspicion scummy, and found STD's responses to suspicion unhelpful and weirdly confrontational but unlikely to come from scum trying to win over the town.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:25 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 919, Save The Dragons wrote:i like how mariar is just like "meh i'll just sneak one on without any justification" and no one cares
Yep I did not like Maria's vote on STD either, albeit again this is coming from the position of believing STD to be town.

(Like before I am catching up as I go here).
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:29 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 948, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:this is obnoxious frogster but not with the passion that you feel from town obnoxious frogster

this is someone trying to desperately push someone off fosing their slot and not wanting to use a nightkill on them because crescent was probably an assigned mislim bc of her lowposting and flaking

frog if you are town and playing like this, im disappointed and I cannot say I did not try to extend several olive branches to understand you. i read your posts, I calculated scenarios, and the scenarios where you are mafia are the most likely. if you are town you can reduce that by actaully coming clean about why your thought process is the way it is. otherwise I am sticking to my guts and sticking here.
I'm not really sure why Frogster accuses BCG of being a troll to try and deflect attention away from themselves by BCG instead of just...normally scumreading BCG. The logic here feels like a bit of a reach. BCG has attracted plenty of suspicion so far and isn't exactly an outsider choice scumread, Frogster making up a convoluted reason to suspect and vote for them as scum themselves seems pretty unlikely to me. Approaching it from this POV I think Frogster is probably just town who suspects BCG and genuinely dislikes their play.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:30 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 955, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 947, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:VOTE: frog

ok just policy this
OMGUS amogus.

You:
1) scum flailed
2) trolled in a disruptive way
3) made weird votes
4) were opportunistic
5) gave me bad vibes
I feel like this from Kitty is spot on regarding BCG but then gives us the classic scenario of "would BCG be so obvious as to eliminate Kitty here?" It's giving me pause on the slot at least.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:35 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1012, Greeting wrote:Anyway, to be honest, I kinda lost the drive and willingness for gamesolving in this game. Like a baloon that has been deflating. If this new wagon on me builds up I’ll do a final readslist and then you can eliminate me, because I don’t think I’m going to do well in this particular game.

Or maybe I’m just scum who pretends to be disinterested? Up to you to decide.
Maybe being influenced by players I had TR'd scumreading this slot but I don't like this post at all. It feels sort of self-pitying play-wise in a way that's meant to make you feel bad for suspecting someone who claims they're just not feeling the game as town. It's pretty non-confrontational in a way you can see coming from scum who wants to seem reasonable and cooperative with everyone. Why's Greeting acting as if they're on the verge of elimination at what feels like essentially the start of a wagon here?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1226, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1225, MalcolmTucker wrote:I feel like this from Kitty is spot on regarding BCG but then gives us the classic scenario of "would BCG be so obvious as to eliminate Kitty here?" It's giving me pause on the slot at least.
Don't like this. IIoA in passive defense of BGC.
I don't think it's passive at all. I'm known for a player who frustratingly and regularly pauses when it comes to reading others at times. I'm still running through the thread since I'd been gone but I'm genuinely intrigued to know what you think - Kitty outlines a pretty blatant, good case on BCG here, so I'm unsure if the kill is a bit obvious coming from scum, because eliminating someone who suspects you/has caught you is something scum are known for sometimes wanting to avoid.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Put it this way - I'm not sure you could read back posts from both me and BCG and see us as likely being paired.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:39 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1027, Charloux wrote:
@Mod :
I unvoted std, and didn't vote for malcolm

I only have 2 townreads right now and that's Frog and cape. Had a townread on fennec/furtive but it's been kinda fading over time. Not a fan of furtive so far.

My only scum read is Malcolm, and std by extension to him. Malcolm is on V/LA so no point in pushing him.

Maria, Pooky and Gamma/NM i will let be for today.

I'm up for a policy execution on BCG and toog. Toog turned his brain off and is just parroting. Hate BCG whole "Higher than thou" and "can't touch me" attitude following Gamma ban. His exe would bring the game some peace.

Titus, Greeting, Enchant, Kitty and Marci are null. I admit i haven't been paying much attention to Kitty and Greeting.
The priority right now should be me getting a read on Greeting, but the chance of me getting a townread strong enough that i refuse to vote is slim at best.
If i noticed anything scummy at a glance they wouldn't be null right now.
This feels really weak and scummy, almost blatantly so to a degree that's comical. One scumread on someone who was inactive, up for policy eliminations for pretty flimsy reasons in Toog's case especially and not much content in general despite being a lengthy post.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:43 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1053, Frogsterking wrote:Oh ProfessorDrapion is back in the bunny alt trying to vote me out for his third game, third account in a row. :facepalm:
In post 1054, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1053, Frogsterking wrote:Oh ProfessorDrapion is back in the bunny alt trying to vote me out for his third game, third account in a row. :facepalm:
It's funny you chose Bugs Bunny for this account Drap because I feel like I'M Bugs Bunny and you're that dude who bumbles around trying to catch the wabbit.

Drap has not been successful in any of his attempts to vote me out, FYI, though he did succeed each time in making the game way more difficult and complicated to win.
In post 1055, Frogsterking wrote:I see that shut you up now that everyone knows who you are. Good.
In post 1056, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
If I go to read professordrapion's games and see that they are nothing like me, I dearly hope that people finally start seeing you are full of shit and make sure you die here.
In post 1057, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 1055, Frogsterking wrote:I see that shut you up now that everyone knows who you are. Good.
this is a forum game, not a chat game.
Lmao, sorry guys but alt drama is so funny.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:45 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1233, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1231, MalcolmTucker wrote:
@Mod :

I only have 2 townreads right now and that's Frog and cape. Had a townread on fennec/furtive but it's been kinda fading over time. Not a fan of furtive so far.

My only scum read is Malcolm, and std by extension to him. Malcolm is on V/LA so no point in pushing him.

I'm up for a policy execution on BCG and toog. Toog turned his brain off and is just parroting. Hate BCG whole "Higher than thou" and "can't touch me" attitude following Gamma ban. His exe would bring the game some peace.

Titus, Greeting, Enchant, Kitty and Marci are null. I admit i haven't been paying much attention to Kitty and Greeting.
The priority right now should be me getting a read on Greeting, but the chance of me getting a townread strong enough that i refuse to vote is slim at best.
This feels really weak and scummy, almost blatantly so to a degree that's comical. One scumread on someone who was inactive, up for policy eliminations for pretty flimsy reasons in Toog's case especially and not much content in general despite being a lengthy post.
'Someone who was inactive'

Does it affect your read here that you were that player? I think it might...
No actually, Charloux's read on me isn't what I find to be the problem, you scumread you but I reckon you're probably town so far, what is odd is that Charloux literally only has a scumread on someone not around to refute it. This in itself could be construed as tunnelled town but I don't like the self-consciousness which comes after the read - it's like they're aware of how scummy it is and have to find a justification for having no other reads.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:47 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1235, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1230, MalcolmTucker wrote:Put it this way - I'm not sure you could read back posts from both me and BCG and see us as likely being paired.
Because?
I'd say I've pretty consistently suspected the slot so far in a way that makes us unlikely to be paired. My contention - that BCG may have been unlikely to kill Kitty as scum because Kitty's scumcase was good - isn't one that uncommonly comes up in mafia. It's reasonable to revise your thoughts and views on players when new info comes to light.

I'm still catching up but it feels like things have gotten overly personal between you guys and I'm unsure if that's influencing your read here to the degree where anyone backing away/not fully convinced on BCG who isn't obvious town to you is then being read as scum.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:47 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1236, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1233, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1231, MalcolmTucker wrote:
@Mod :

'Someone who was inactive'

Does it affect your read here that you were that player? I think it might...
No actually, Charloux's read on me isn't what I find to be the problem, you scumread you but I reckon you're probably town so far, what is odd is that Charloux literally only has a scumread on someone not around to refute it. This in itself could be construed as tunnelled town but I don't like the self-consciousness which comes after the read - it's like they're aware of how scummy it is and have to find a justification for having no other reads.
You scumread me, sorry.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:50 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1126, Frogsterking wrote:Oh, Big Chungus is DKKoba
Lmao, every second alt on this site is Koba, in the rules.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:54 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1242, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1237, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'm still catching up but it feels like things have gotten overly personal between you guys and I'm unsure if that's influencing your read here to the degree where anyone backing away/not fully convinced on BCG who isn't obvious town to you is then being read as scum.
Bullshit.
Why has your read on me done a sudden 180 on the basis of the fact that I have ever so slightly revised my read on a player based on new info coming to light?

I don't think BCG is out of the woods and would still happily consider them for elimination. I am, nevertheless, concerned they could be town because eliminating Kitty feels like a perfectly convenient way for mafia to try and stitch BCG up for this next elimination.

Answer me this - do you think BCG would have been likely to eliminate a player who had what looked like a really strong read on them? And if so, why do you think they took this approach?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:55 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1245, furtiveglance wrote:I nearly just saw into an alternate reality where Charloux was scum but I think I've dismissed it now. But it felt real. But actually I don't think it is.
What do you mean by this?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:57 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1240, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1237, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'd say I've pretty consistently suspected the slot so far in a way that makes us unlikely to be paired
You were 100% useless in assisting with running it up yesterday.
Yes because I'm a light voter most of the time and I was absent both in the immediate aftermath of the outage and over the weekend. And have I ever been a particularly forceful town-leader?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:59 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1247, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1246, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1245, furtiveglance wrote:I nearly just saw into an alternate reality where Charloux was scum but I think I've dismissed it now. But it felt real. But actually I don't think it is.
I've described it in a slightly metaphorical way. But I was looking through the ISO and saw some sus posts. But then I saw some unsus posts. And now I'm settled
Is your thinking perhaps somewhat similar to mine here? The post I flagged a few up from Charloux - which I didn't like - is one I said felt blatantly so scummy. But I can see a world where it comes from town because scum is perhaps more self-aware than literally listing one scum suspect who is absent anyway? It's a slot that's sometimes looking so scummy to me it might not actually end up being scum if that makes sense.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:01 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1249, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1244, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1242, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1237, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'm still catching up but it feels like things have gotten overly personal between you guys and I'm unsure if that's influencing your read here to the degree where anyone backing away/not fully convinced on BCG who isn't obvious town to you is then being read as scum.
Bullshit.
Answer me this - do you think BCG would have been likely to eliminate a player who had what looked like a really strong read on them? And if so, why do you think they took this approach?
This doesn't really help you either way
Cool, fine, forget about me for a moment - what's your answer to the question? It's the reason I gave pause on BCG despite scumreading the slot D1 and I don't think it's an unreasonable one. And I'd argue it's more townie for me to give pause when new info comes to light instead of endlessly tunnelling a player who may or may not be trolling, who may or not be the alt of several, conflicting, everchanging players who some other players seem to have prior beef with, to actually try and suss out the pros and cons for eliminating said slot today.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:02 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1252, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1250, MalcolmTucker wrote:
I've described it in a slightly metaphorical way. But I was looking through the ISO and saw some sus posts. But then I saw some unsus posts. And now I'm settled
Is your thinking perhaps somewhat similar to mine here? The post I flagged a few up from Charloux - which I didn't like - is one I said felt blatantly so scummy. But I can see a world where it comes from town because scum is perhaps more self-aware than literally listing one scum suspect who is absent anyway? It's a slot that's sometimes looking so scummy to me it might not actually end up being scum if that makes sense.
Could this be a mythical mindmeld? Legend has it that a mindmeld clears both players as town forever.
It's like an inverse mindmeld. I see the posts and scumread them but understand the town logic behind them. You see the posts as townie but see where the scumminess could come from.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:04 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Like I'm looking back through p43 again (or perhaps more accurately subjecting myself to it) and not sure I'm seeing what motivation or benefit either player has as scum for a pretty silly and petty argument that sheds no new light or info on the game. And the relative silence from a lot of other players there seems pretty telling to me too - if the whole exchange really was a whole load of TvT nonsense then I see why scum would be happy to leave it alone and avoid interjecting.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:06 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1254, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1253, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1252, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1250, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Could this be a mythical mindmeld? Legend has it that a mindmeld clears both players as town forever.
It's like an inverse mindmeld. I see the posts and scumread them but understand the town logic behind them. You see the posts as townie but see where the scumminess could come from.
Legend has it that an inverse mindmeld reveals 1 player to be mafia and also gladiates them for the day.
Legend has it that I'm bad at interpreting cryptic posts without having everything spelled out for me.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1279, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1277, Cape90 wrote:VOTE: furtiveglance

based on today, it really extremely feels like this is correct
Please don't do this. I can move my vote. I can change!

What does the acronym with the RWST mean?
I'm not liking these posts from Furtive at all. I feel like town Furtive (and I think I've only ever played with town Furtive) is open-minded but also quite decisive - when they believe in a read, which they appeared to do with me, they will commit to it and try to push it to get some pressure. As soon as Frogster backs off Furtive does so too and immediately begins to sort of bargain with other players wanting to vote from them...as a style of play this just feels a bit off from what I'm used to with them in games.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Maria hasn't really done anything so far except place a naked vote on me and direct a couple of passively jokey comments to Pooky. The slot isn't one I'm confident of being town at all right now still.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:46 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1314, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1311, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1279, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1277, Cape90 wrote:VOTE: furtiveglance

based on today, it really extremely feels like this is correct
Please don't do this. I can move my vote. I can change!

What does the acronym with the RWST mean?
I'm not liking these posts from Furtive at all. I feel like town Furtive (and I think I've only ever played with town Furtive) is open-minded but also quite decisive - when they believe in a read, which they appeared to do with me, they will commit to it and try to push it to get some pressure. As soon as Frogster backs off Furtive does so too and immediately begins to sort of bargain with other players wanting to vote from them...as a style of play this just feels a bit off from what I'm used to with them in games.
I think I've been too stubborn in the past. This game is harder than others I've played in.
Fair enough, but it's less the lack of stubbornness and more the bargaining. I'd expect you to fight back against reads typically and it's that change in style which is putting my read on you closer to the red.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (isolation #52) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:43 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1461, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:these 2 need prods @mod

MariaR Sep 27, 11:20pm Oct 13, 03:47pm 2 days 16 hours 59
Big Chungus Gaming Sep 30, 03:26pm Oct 13, 03:19pm 2 days 17 hours 151
Given D1 play followed by current inactivity from both slots I'd be very surprised if there's not at least one scum in here. Maria my better bet at this point - gone really quiet after attracting plenty of suspicion D1.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (isolation #53) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:52 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1436, marcistar wrote:i will 900% regret posting that i promise u all <3
Quoting this instead of much longer 1435 - this is pretty much how I play as town. I'm never particularly confident in my reads because I'm town and fundamentally don't know who is scum. I'm not going to lie and pretend otherwise, not my style.

I wanted Maria gone because I think there's a strong chance Maria is scum - I stand by that and I'd happily vote the slot out. There was pressure on Maria at the time but the town has been pretty split on who they want to see eliminated and frankly there's a few players who could be bundled into "not particularly active but possible scum". In my experience when playing large games there's often a lot of noise from hyperactive townies while some scum players lurk in the background.

My hesistance on Furtive came from initially TR'ing the slot but then liking their follow-up posts increasingly less. I stand by that, their approach this game feels different to when I've played with them as town.

The post re Greeting was because I was just catching up as I went and hadn't been aware Alisae was Greeting's replacement yet. You say it's "incredibly weird" but do you actually believe it to be scum motivated? A lot of your post basically boils down to frustration with my play more than what I'd say is an actual scumcase.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:54 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1460, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:lol mathblade town for the nonstop spam
I think so too, aware I'm not long out a game with Math where they replaced in as scum and hyperposted but their slot was already under pressure in that game, I don't see the logic for Math as scum to attract a lot of attention to themselves as scum here. The exchanges between Frog/Math feel very TvT to me.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:23 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1466, MathBlade wrote:viewtopic.php?p=13370489#p13370489

There seems to be a contrast between this game and here.

You’re way more confident in this one and acknowledge the wagons on you

Can you explain this?
I was completely disengaged from that game by D2, and in addition to that my role meant that whoever hammered me was always eliminated from the game. Once it became apparent I was likely to go out I didn't bother fighting it in the hope I'd bait scum into hammering - Enchant did so as scum and ended up eliminated which helped the town.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:25 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

As town you can generally find a bit of a mix in terms of my contributions simply based on how much I can get into the game - been a couple where I was useless and disengaged without many reads, been others where I was a lot more open.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:56 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1469, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1468, MalcolmTucker wrote:As town you can generally find a bit of a mix in terms of my contributions simply based on how much I can get into the game - been a couple where I was useless and disengaged without many reads, been others where I was a lot more open.
So are you “into” this one? I don’t see many useful contributions? Can you help me find yours?
I would say I've worked my way into it yes - last weekend I wasn't available so wasn't too vocal then but I'd argue I've been pretty consistent in having reads and views on the gamestate. I'm sort of confused here by how you're reading me - on the one hand you think I'm pretty loud and confident this game, on the other hand you don't think I have that many opinions or views.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:58 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 161, MalcolmTucker wrote:Agreed on Fennec, also feel Cape/Frog look town. Much of the posting feels TvT so far.
In post 186, MalcolmTucker wrote:Don't particularly understand all the early attention or the scumreads on Cape.

Nero has looked a bit more defensive but too early for anything on the level of a proper scumread on the slot so far.
In post 200, MalcolmTucker wrote:I like Fennec's approach so far, they seem open and townie.
In post 355, MalcolmTucker wrote:Whether for the reasons presented or not so far I think Maria looks quite scummy here. There's a cagey defensiveness to some of their posts after being accused which vibes with me as scum trying to clear their name but not wanting to look overly desperate but panicky while doing so.

I think Fennec vs Frog is TvT. Fennec very much feels like they're thinking out loud in the thread in a townie way, while I find Frog's play can be quite erratic but engaged when they are town. I'm not particularly seeing strong scum motivation from either of them at the moment.
In post 677, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 390, MariaR wrote:I've been trying to think of if there's a worldview where Frog is just a villa who is wrong but I can't get over the fact they just made up a worldview that never existed to begin with, and acted like they had this grand bait scheme. (didn't happen)

MT needs to have more votes on them, just look at that iso and tell me that's a villager mindset and not someone just watching from the sides taking shots posting busywork. It's such an obvious wolf iso
This is a lazy post and feels like an attempt to shift attention away from their Frogster read which clearly wasn't happening onto me. I've been relatively low activity so far but "watching from the sides taking shots" doesn't make sense, either I am watching from the sides and doing nothing or I am taking shots and committing to reads. Can't be both.
In post 678, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 459, MariaR wrote:I'm more confident on MT being wolf than Frog so I'd go MT>Frog after my flip. Glad to see I still got it on the "no one can read my slot" after a year away heh.
Again really not seeing why Maria is "confident" in me being scum and probably teammates with Frogster at a point when I'd made a handful of posts, a light scumread is fine if you so wish, anyone saying they are confident of scum who's made a dozen or so posts feels like they're making it up aside from the odd genial read.
In post 680, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 514, KittyTacky wrote:I'm getting really bad vibes from Big Chungus Gaming, like the slot they replaced is a scum slot under pressure and they're flailing, I'll finish my catchup to vote atl.
I agree with Kitty's read here, BCG's posts have felt pretty trolly so far but not in a particularly natural or relaxed way, like they want to avoid posting content of note while using a more comedic tone to hide behind that.
In post 681, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 562, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:Also mariar is one of the best players of this game so the fact we have scumreads that align is a sign i think she is town between frog/maria
One of Maria/BCG seems likely, probably not paired. A world where BCG relies on town Maria being killed to them attempt to gain town-cred here seems possible.
In post 686, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 683, Frogsterking wrote:MT I'd like to hear your thoughts on Dragons now that you're almost caught up.
Not sure I'm seeing STD scum to be honest. They'd not contributed a lot but it can happen as town, especially in large games if things get busy. Their early posts were sparse but I'd argue there's genuine reads/content there. Their response to you felt a bit over the top but quite genuine as well - do you not think inactive scum would at least want to make an attempt to get you onside?

I found it slightly surprising you went for that vote actually when catching up (albeit I skimmed some pages) because it felt a bit out of nowhere as a confident read given STD's relative inactivity. I don't think it's coming from you as scum though, just an area of disagreement.
In post 726, MalcolmTucker wrote:On STD, the big rant against Frogster does deflect a bit...but I feel like STD has typically been much calmer/less confrontational when I've correctly accused them of being scum previously? Or more hedgy at least. It's making me lean more to frustrated town here. Scum want to win sceptic townies over and I don't feel like their responses to Frogster come with that intention.
FAO Math - as a sample I'd argue all of this demonstrates a pretty clear pattern of me having views on the gamestate and opinions on who is likely to be town/scum.

Marci accused me of going for an easy read in Maria but I'd argue I put out a reasonable and logical town defence of STD who was accumulating a fair few scumreads at the time.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:06 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1476, furtiveglance wrote:Sorry, I know I'm flaking content-wise which I never usually do. This game has a few fairly high content players I have no familiarity with - Cape90, BCG and now Mathblade. You could maybe put Maria in there but they don't post so much. It makes the game as a whole quite opaque since I don't even have the basic starting point of sorting in the microcosm of a few big characters. So my plan was to vote lurky/low content slots instead. But now I'm leaning towards MathBlade's conclusion that the louder group has scum in and voting in there is good for town. These are just my general thoughts.

No one's really hopped on marci, I'll sheep what I believe is a loud town in MathBlade

VOTE: BigChungusGaming
What did you think of Marci's case on me as someone who scumread me initially but seems to have cooled on said read a bit? The more I read it the less I like it - it's long and looks detailed and well thought-out at first but when I go back to it now it just looks quite desperate with most of the complaints primarily being about my somewhat noncommittal style.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1481, marcistar wrote:
In post 1479, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1476, furtiveglance wrote:Sorry, I know I'm flaking content-wise which I never usually do. This game has a few fairly high content players I have no familiarity with - Cape90, BCG and now Mathblade. You could maybe put Maria in there but they don't post so much. It makes the game as a whole quite opaque since I don't even have the basic starting point of sorting in the microcosm of a few big characters. So my plan was to vote lurky/low content slots instead. But now I'm leaning towards MathBlade's conclusion that the louder group has scum in and voting in there is good for town. These are just my general thoughts.

No one's really hopped on marci, I'll sheep what I believe is a loud town in MathBlade

What did you think of Marci's case on me as someone who scumread me initially but seems to have cooled on said read a bit? The more I read it the less I like it - it's long and looks detailed and well thought-out at first but when I go back to it now it just looks quite desperate with most of the complaints primarily being about my somewhat noncommittal style.
imagine thinking im confident
What did you think of my response to your scumread post on me? Much of your contention with me seems to be based on stuff that's generally just how I play the game irrespective of alignment. I've explained why I've been noncommittal on some reads in particular (such as Furtive) while still having plenty of views in general.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:14 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1484, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1479, MalcolmTucker wrote:

It made me think AGAIN again about you, and now I'm still not sure on either of you.
Maybe I'm too forgiving but on the basis of recent posts my read on you is slightly shifting back to town. I am finding your playstyle a bit different to previous games but I've also been in the position myself as town before where I'm just struggling for definitive reads and end up sounding a bit incoherent and uncertain as a result.

If you were scum here you'd be good enough to come across as a bit more decisive on some slots to try and cool down any criticism - I feel like your most recent posts seem kinda honest about where you're at.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (isolation #62) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:15 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1485, marcistar wrote:
In post 1483, MalcolmTucker wrote:What did you think of my response to your scumread post on me? Much of your contention with me seems to be based on stuff that's generally just how I play the game irrespective of alignment. I've explained why I've been noncommittal on some reads in particular (such as Furtive) while still having plenty of views in general.
i didnt read it yet since im at work

but a knee ways

why would i listen to ur own thoughts on ur play :yawn:
Because when your read is based on my playstyle primarily, it's relevant info to know that how I've played so far is perfectly within my range as a townie. Especially when your scumread doesn't have much beyond that.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (isolation #63) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1487, Save The Dragons wrote:
I feel like MT has contributed a lot I'm confused why people think he didn't

I think I'd go for a MariaR wagon still I do not understand why people let up the gas on that one

Titus isn't really doing anything

I dunno where BCG went

Mathblade does seem town but I didn't like his predecessor

I feel like if pooky were scum he'd be doing more or having some gimmick he does seem a little lackluster this game maybe I'm not sure what that means about his alignment

Fennec was pretty town and furtive hasn't done anything to change my mind on that
I think because I'll often admit to my own uncertainty when making reads or because I'll often offer counterarguments to my own stances I end up looking noncommittal and indecisive but I'd argue I've had plenty of reads.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (isolation #64) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:19 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1494, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1487, Save The Dragons wrote:Mathblade does seem town but I didn't like his predecessor
This is evidence of a thought process which is completely unnatural.
I disagree. Perfectly reasonable on D2 for your read on a slot to change when someone replaces in. Plenty of town players don't look townie early on which is why mislims happen.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (isolation #65) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1498, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:Hi i remembered this game

who did math replace?
I think std is the best choice today based on his rxn to my vote
Are you interested in anyone else or solely STD?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (isolation #66) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:46 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

BCG's entry certainly didn't make me feel like they're anymore townie yeah.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (isolation #67) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:57 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1535, MathBlade wrote:Since me being “loud” we have people giving reads now and playing versus stagnation and just bland. We have something to go off of
This is a fair point. Game was stagnating for a while and while there's a lot of extraneous back and forth stuff here I do think Math's entrance has helped breathe a bit of life into the game. That feels pro-town.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (isolation #68) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I'm still not seeing scum Frog, their play is really erratic here but feels townie erratic. I don't know, the frustration with BCG D1 felt more like town hyperfocusing on a specific slot for reasons which were going beyond the game itself. I'm aware scum isn't always robotic and sensible but I feel like scum would be more likely to rein it in a bit.

BCG I'd be content with eliminating though. Have had some doubts on the slot (mainly due to Kitty's elimination) but their responses since returning to the game haven't been townie in the slightest. Given their activity D1 feels like they're not contributing much in the hope we'll just forget them and opt for someone else.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (isolation #69) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

What's the Pooky cased based on? I find Pooky hard to read in general and had them null so far.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (isolation #70) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1592, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1591, MalcolmTucker wrote:What's the Pooky cased based on? I find Pooky hard to read in general and had them null so far.
They're playing to their scum meta and their D1 votes were poor in hindsight
What specifically is Pooky's scum meta? I find them hard to parse in most games but can't recall having actually played with scum Pooky now I think of it.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (isolation #71) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I'm not inherently against Pooky for what it's worth since I don't TR them or SR them either way, wouldn't have any objections to a wagon to the same degree as I would with STD who I still vocally townread.

Feeling a bit lost on some slots in general at the moment. Maria's voting looks opportunistic at times but I can also read it in the spirit of compromise coming from a slot willing to probe and push things forward. Perhaps I'm too influenced by my D1 read on them.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (isolation #72) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1595, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1593, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1592, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1591, MalcolmTucker wrote:What's the Pooky cased based on? I find Pooky hard to read in general and had them null so far.
They're playing to their scum meta and their D1 votes were poor in hindsight
What specifically is Pooky's scum meta? I find them hard to parse in most games but can't recall having actually played with scum Pooky now I think of it.
Lurk early game, power through late game
Hmmm, maybe notable that Pooky's been quieter this turn than they were D1. Been a few slots that could apply to. My view is you and Math has been TvT and therefore it's likely some scum have been lurking in the background to let that play out since it's useful for them.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (isolation #73) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1597, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1596, MalcolmTucker wrote:Been a few slots that could apply to. My view is you and Math has been TvT and therefore it's likely some scum have been lurking in the background to let that play out since it's useful for them.
I have reservations about this because FMPOV Math is hitting all the same beats they did in Lost.
Lost felt different though because Math was coming into a slot that was already under heavy pressure and they had to work from the beginning to try and get town onto their side. Obviously didn't work out. Not sure Math as scum would have to opt for a similar approach here. Feel like their play so far is closer to how I'm used to them as town, bit more scattergun, ironically not a million miles away from you albeit different styles.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (isolation #74) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:51 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Pooky's responses seem okay, I'm not particularly wanting to go there at the moment. Back to null on the slot, certainly not sold on them as scum.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (isolation #75) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:51 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1636, Cape90 wrote:im an understanding less and less the reasons to suspect StD
Feels like a legacy scumread for some posters that's not really gone away even though there's not much of a case there.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (isolation #76) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:54 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1616, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1594, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'm not inherently against Pooky for what it's worth since I don't TR them or SR them either way, wouldn't have any objections to a wagon to the same degree as I would with STD who I still vocally townread.

Feeling a bit lost on some slots in general at the moment. Maria's voting looks opportunistic at times but I can also read it in the spirit of compromise coming from a slot willing to probe and push things forward. Perhaps I'm too influenced by my D1 read on them.
In post 1599, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1598, MalcolmTucker wrote:Feel like their play so far is closer to how I'm used to them as town, bit more scattergun, ironically not a million miles away from you albeit different styles.
Did you post a reads list yet Malcolm?
Town: Cape, Frog, Math, STD

Scum or scumlean: BCG, Marci, Maria (sort of wavering here though)

Null: the rest

I have no idea on slots like Enchant and NotMafia. I was leaning scum on Furtive and think their play has been unlike their town play, but not sure their approach has been conductive to scum so far.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (isolation #77) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:56 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1641, MathBlade wrote:
Spoiler: This game
In post 1614, Titus wrote:
In post 1611, Cape90 wrote:I will slow roll it since Pooky immediately got 3 votes on them, but I could see the blunt directness they display as scummy
We need larger wagons to get anywhere....
In post 1613, Titus wrote:
In post 1607, MathBlade wrote:Titus when town is like “rah rah rah town block”.

Imho her and Frogger are treating the game thread like the scum PT.
Beeboop. I must behave the same way every game. Beeep!
In post 1584, Titus wrote:
In post 1579, MathBlade wrote:Like this many wagons to avoid BGC only reinforces BGC scum to me
No one wants to work with you Mathblade because you aren't listening. Everything gets filtered through your worldview and repeated over again. You respond to every conversation interrupting people and blocking reactions. I refused to give reads because it would cause you to post more and I feel like they are shit in this environment.

I can't tell BCG from Save from Enchant atm.
In post 1570, Titus wrote:
In post 1560, Frogsterking wrote:You have to realize on some level right now that it's in scum interest to spam the thread up by whatever means necessary and prevent us from consolidating a Town core.
Math scum does this, which is why PookyTheMagicalBear townreading Math based on post quantity makes no sense. PookyTheMagicalBear also said MathBlade wasn't avoiding him but they had no memorable interactions.

I'm actually coming around to town Math because of how dense and wrong he is.

And if anything he should know my accuracy and ability to read Frogster based on the last anon game.

Yet people not playing his way doesn't fit in his worldview regardless of his alignment so it gets discarded.

I am sure there’s even better examples in her iso earlier but on mobile

Like this is like bad
If Pooky is town, okay chance Titus could end up being scum.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2219 (isolation #78) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:51 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I am VT.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (isolation #79) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:57 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1769, Frogsterking wrote:I feel like Town!pooky had other options of how to play this situation. This whole interaction just feels like a big phishing attempt. I disagree that Titus comment looks like an inno soft, I've used that expression before because 95% can imply p < 0.05 which is one benchmark for statistical significance.
Reading back but I think Pooky was more just pissed off at the scumcase on them and decided to nip that in the bud should the wagon get any bigger. Perhaps premature but I've claimed as town before at a sooner point than I maybe should have because I thought I was obvious town and it was the best way to just clear myself without any follow-up suspicion clogging the thread when we could be finding scum instead.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2491 (isolation #80) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:05 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Has much changed or is it still an endless back and forth between players who have claimed?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2493 (isolation #81) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I'd be perfectly content with a Furtive elimination at this point as well from a brief catch-up. Their jokey/playful tone doesn't feel natural and sounds more like scum to me trying to dodge suspicion by looking like they don't care, without having to particularly commit to reads.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (isolation #82) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:15 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Even if Pooky's ISO here isn't particularly identical to early-game Lost, I've definitely seen a few games where Pooky is fairly quiet in terms of fully-formed reads despite having a higher post count. I'm not seeing them as scum and feel like when a read depends too heavily on meta comparisons to work, it's not a great or massively strong scumread.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (isolation #83) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:38 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2496, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2493, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'd be perfectly content with a Furtive elimination at this point as well from a brief catch-up. Their jokey/playful tone doesn't feel natural and sounds more like scum to me trying to dodge suspicion by looking like they don't care, without having to particularly commit to reads.
Vote for me then, get your hands dirty.
How many votes are you at? I'm wary because it seems you've accumulated a good few and we have some notorious quickhammer players in the game. If it's settled to eliminate you though I'm more than happy to hammer.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2501 (isolation #84) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:03 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2498, marcistar wrote:
In post 2497, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2496, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2493, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'd be perfectly content with a Furtive elimination at this point as well from a brief catch-up. Their jokey/playful tone doesn't feel natural and sounds more like scum to me trying to dodge suspicion by looking like they don't care, without having to particularly commit to reads.
Vote for me then, get your hands dirty.
How many votes are you at? I'm wary because it seems you've accumulated a good few and we have some notorious quickhammer players in the game. If it's settled to eliminate you though I'm more than happy to hammer.
ur literally scum
Ditto.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2577 (isolation #85) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:53 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2524, Cape90 wrote:I think Titus does look better actually
Also yes I do acknowledge Titus went back on the Pooky wagon after a while after that, and I do Indeed sign the paper of acknowledgement there
Catching up but Titus almost certainly confirmed town for me. Push on Pooky felt strong enough at the time that it picked up momentum and got a bit of a wagon going. Not sure scum Titus would've done that in this scenario.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2578 (isolation #86) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:55 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2540, Titus wrote:
In post 2538, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:pooky claimed that frogster was clear somehow off an investigative action that pooky supposedly confirmed.

titus was claiming an action that implied frogster was 100% clear

there are too many investigatives here + i think the whole claim was suspicious around it
This is incorrect. I visited MalcolmTucker n1. He's vanilla. I did get a result n2.
Yup this is correct, town Titus for me.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2579 (isolation #87) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:56 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Marci/Maria/Toog would look like good odds for hitting scum somewhere.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2580 (isolation #88) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:58 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Actually there's enough pushing from Maria on Pooky and vice versa that I think Maria may be town here.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2581 (isolation #89) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:01 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1700, marcistar wrote:would u want to vote malcolm pooky
In post 1702, marcistar wrote:im asking

would there be any world where u would vote malcolm
In post 1712, marcistar wrote:you still think pookys scum froggy..? why?
In post 1719, marcistar wrote:does pooky usually fake claim a pr as scum thats so easy to disprove?
In post 1913, marcistar wrote:i think i believe pookys, maybe mathblades idk

the rest idk
There's very little interaction between Marci/Pooky early on and these exchanges look like players who could potentially be partnered. Marci felt very hedgy on Pooky - not completely unwilling to vote there but never particularly pushing Pooky all that strongly either. Their read on the slot feels a little bit inconsistent, like they wanted to create some distance but didn't want to push there in case it picked up momentum.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2602 (isolation #90) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:06 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2597, MathBlade wrote:I’d say checking BGC or Marci would be a good idea
I would concur with this.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2633 (isolation #91) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2622, MathBlade wrote:Ah okay derp.

Yeah NM is lock town. Forgot about that thanks.

Mainly I want to find the scum that kills Frogger over me.
Because while I am alive scum are pretty much stuck doing what town decides.

I have to go now but yeah. That’s kinda where I am at.

That and I can’t figure out Titus.
Why is this true? You're active, sure, but it's not guaranteed town will follow your reads and it's not even guaranteed all town will trust you, as we're seeing with Titus. Scum could also be perfectly content leaving you alive if you're on the right track as well, or may simply have killed Frogster because they believed he had an important role and one of them had managed to identify it.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2634 (isolation #92) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:39 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2627, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Titus

If you don’t want to cooperate with the town block you can die. No need for mass claim.
Do you actually properly think Titus is scum here or not? The wording of your post indicates you're largely voting Titus for disagreeing with you and I dislike that, it can be frustration but disagreement isn't always bad for town provided players aren't overly stubborn.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2641 (isolation #93) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2636, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2633, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Why is this true? You're active, sure, but it's not guaranteed town will follow your reads and it's not even guaranteed all town will trust you, as we're seeing with Titus. Scum could also be perfectly content leaving you alive if you're on the right track as well, or may simply have killed Frogster because they believed he had an important role and one of them had managed to identify it.
Because I am a voyeur.

If anyone goes against what town decides the numbers won’t add up. I will get too few or too many of a given action.
But there are lots of claims and so we don't fundamentally know who is "town" yet. Scum could have left you alive because they reckoned a protective slot was covering you. They could've left you alive to make it look like you're lying. I think you're likely town but I don't think it was ever a guarantee scum were going to hit you.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (isolation #94) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Titus - didn't I come back VT for you? Why am I now in your lim pool?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (isolation #95) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2691, Titus wrote:Enchant, is there any chance Math is scum?

He 1) saved pooky from elim denying us a clear, 2) picked a fight with Frogster, 3) forced through furtiveglance elim, and 4) is trying to give outs to those who haven't claimed.

Is he just bad or scum?
I feel like scum Math would be a bit more careful in this scenario. Likely town and just been wrong. The general quiet aside from the two of you arguing makes me think scum were probably spooked after the Pooky elimination and don't want to say or do much while the two of you argue. Both of you are trying to solve, trying to gain info which could help the town and are willing to come across as frustrating to each other and other players to put across your viewpoints. I think this arguing is fundamentally TvT.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2716 (isolation #96) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1633, Save The Dragons wrote:i'm not sure how i feel about by Pooky i dunno why you're spending so much time convincing us of a safe read of mathblade being town rather than trying harder to push your controversial scum read. it just seems weird.

but then again i hate everyone on the pookywagon and would rather vote anyone on it than pooky
Skimming STD's slot given their inactivity since the latest turn and this feels like a very suspect post given Pooky being scum. It pushes Pooky a bit and critiques their play but also gives Pooky some scope to then expand on any reads they have, and crucially finds an out to avoid going on the Pooky bandwagon at all.

STD wasn't keen on the Furtive wagon in but didn't really do anything to stop it at all - it feels like a brief attempt to look correct when Furtive eventually came back down.

The vote and push on Titus is pretty weak as well, especially given STD was critical of the wagon on Pooky when it ended up being correct.

On gut I TR'd STD early on because their responses to suspicion didn't feel scummy but their D2 play is really scummy.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2718 (isolation #97) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Given I suspect both STD and Marci of being scum I note that in STD comes right out the bat by saying they mindmeld with Marci which momentarily put me off them being potential teammates given it's a pretty bold defence right out the bat.

But after that there's very little interaction on STD's end - from Marci there's one random vote on STD which never really went anywhere, at other points they TR them though. I've already said I think there's nothing stopping Pooky and Marci from potentially being linked too. Don't hate this at all as a potential scumteam.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2721 (isolation #98) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2720, MathBlade wrote:I have no problem elimming the unreplaced StD slot but I want to confirm Titus as rolecop first.

I don’t want to have an unconfirmed Titus claim something in a possible elo and then people have to scramble.

That’s my biggest fear.

Pedit:

NM shoots a BP Mafia.
NM shoots a Townie

Without the voyeur these LOOK the same.
Looking back at the Pooky wagon D2 I don't really see that coming from Titus. And the dynamics which may have come from scum STD pushing back against it with a weak vote against Titus while also not offering a particularly robust defence of Pooky at the same time looks much more convincing to me.

I don't know, I get very active players like you and Titus don't go radio silent as scum but the back and forth between you both does not read like scum vs town interaction to me and that's reinforced by the silence of a lot of players around you who probably saw it as convenient to sit back.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2741 (isolation #99) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:52 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2726, marcistar wrote:literally why am i scum other than for suspecting u malcolm?
What Math said, plus your reads don't feel particularly strong or notable, and your defences when accused have been hedgy. Plus I think you link well with Pooky as potential partners.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2742 (isolation #100) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:53 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

VOTE: Save the Dragons

Would take a lim on Marci but STD my preferred choice.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2854 (isolation #101) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:24 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2850, Cape90 wrote:
In post 2633, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Okay Malcolm could be scum off this post :shifty:. It just is really awkward
In post 2851, Cape90 wrote:Just the speculation makes my skin crawl
I'm often like this though. When I'm uncertain on things I like clarity. I tend to speculate. Is any of what I said particularly wrong?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (isolation #102) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:28 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Luke seems town so far on their play. Didn't like BCG but suppose it's possible they largely just got disengaged given the replace out.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2895 (isolation #103) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:18 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I'm VT so not worth eliminating. But my reads have been a bit all over the place so can't say I've been much help. Will be able to contribute a bit more later on.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2896 (isolation #104) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:22 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2864, Lukewarm wrote:Okay, I read through Pooky's iso, and my feeling was that he is not partnered with Marci or Toog (Or Frog or greeting, but I saw that they flipped already lol).

Marci because it was his opening push on Day 2
In post 1626, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I am currently voting for Marci cuz she isn't reacting like she does when she's town. Her responses are too nonchalant like she is trying to play things cool.
This is probably the most put together reason behind any of his votes other then greeeting/Alisae day 1 and then Frog end of day 2, and there was steady suspicion on Marci during day 1, into opening up pushing her.

With Toog, his interactions look more like pocketing attempts then partner interactions.

---

I was surprised by Pooky's town case on Math with 1460 and (more detailed)
In post 1460, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:lol mathblade town for the nonstop spam
This is a weird place and reason for pooky to drop this town read because we just walked out of a game where math repped in as scum, spammed the shit out of the game, and pooky was screaming for his head. This seems like an easy place for pooky to claim it as "this is Math in Lost 2.0"

I saw that he was run up day 2, so gonna try to look over that build up / break down.
I disagree that Pooky/Marci are unlikely to be partnered on the basis of this. The read from Pooky has a bit of thought behind it sure but it's not exactly a scathing read and I don't recall it being particularly strongly maintained. You could also argue scum are more likely to try and ensure their reads on scum teammates are coherent and airtight so that they don't look like they're being lazy. Also arguably makes it easier for them to back away from said read should they wish to do so because it then looks more like they're following a logical thought-process instead of throwing some lazy shade.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2897 (isolation #105) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:24 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2890, Lukewarm wrote:I'll try door nimber 2

VOTE: Malcolmtucker
Your vote on me here doesn't feel particularly consistent with some of your posts from before? Feels a bit opportunistic, like you're realising I could be a convenient elimination to take some heat away from your slot which was under pressure before STD dropped out.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2899 (isolation #106) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:40 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2898, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2897, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Your vote on me here doesn't feel particularly consistent with some of your posts from before? Feels a bit opportunistic, like you're realising I could be a convenient elimination to take some heat away from your slot which was under pressure before STD dropped out.
Much inconsistent
Such opportunistic
Spoiler:
In post 2869, Lukewarm wrote:scum lean
MalcolmTucker
Cape90
Titus
Big Chungus Gaming
In post 2885, Lukewarm wrote:Yeah, this game seems kinda dead.

I'm down to vote out either of Malcolm or Chungus atm

VOTE: Chungus

This is the one Not_Mafia wants, right?

Like you were in my scum pile, and then when I looked at my scum pile, I saw that my town reads were interested in BCG (NM) and you (Marci), so was willing to back either option to progress the game.

My other town reads shot down BCG ( and )

So here we are.

----

You were in my scum pile because when I read part of Day 2, your defense when Frog called out your bcg's town logic, your response was "but are we partnered" and when Marci called out your MariaR read, your response was "but what about my STD read."

Both defenses feel like they make more sense coming from a point of view of "but what about these other, unrelated things that I did that I thought would make people think that I was town" instead of "oh, you think me doing this is scummy, well you are wrong because I did it / thought it and am town."

-----

ngl, you calling it inconsistent without backing it up at all, sure doesn't make me think you are less likely to be scum,
because this just seems like shade for the sake of shade.
It's not shade for the sake of shade when you've replaced into a slot that was one of my main scumreads.

It was perfectly reasonable for me to point out to Frog that I was unlikely to be partnered with BCG given how the game had panned out till then. I don't really get what you mean re the Maria/Marci/STD point but happy to answer/clarify.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2974 (isolation #107) » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:29 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2902, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2855, MalcolmTucker wrote:Luke seems town so far on their play. Didn't like BCG but suppose it's possible they largely just got disengaged given the replace out.
You called my play town until I voted you, and you called my vote on you inconsistent based on nothing
Your play alone since you started hadn't been scummy but STD's was incredibly scummy before they replaced out. I don't think it's at all beyond your ability to replace into a slot and come across as quite townie in a scum slot.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2976 (isolation #108) » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Re some points from Cape.

I often tend to refer to town as a separate entity from myself in a way where I look at the game from a detached POV. Perhaps because I tend not to see myself as a forceful town leader and so I'm unlikely to be the one necessarily driving a lim or the gamestate.

I disagree re not trying to solve Furtive, if you look back through my reads on the slot I was suspicious at points but still wary to go there because Furtive's play didn't seem like someone trying to convince town they were town as scum, even though their play to me was different from previous games. Given they came back town I don't think that was an inconsistent viewpoint, even if I don't come out looking great from it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”