Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 8, Glass wrote:VOTE: Dyslexicon

I have no reason to believe this guy is town.
Aw, I'm too late to OMGUS this =/
In post 39, Flench wrote:Leaving my vote with Saki because worst town posts so far.
Ironically I think Saki's chaotic style is creating discussion and this generally serves town.
In post 48, Paschendale wrote:I like Flench for town.
Explanation for this?

Saki, has some rather chaotic/trolling posts, and gathered some votes for this. Somehow I don't think scum would be this out there from the start, but other than this I don't find it easy to read alignment in his posts.

Titus, seems overly cautious. I don't like that he forwards Saki being scummy, but also seems afraid that people will be convinced and the wagon growing. Also, I don't get how one can take the push for lynching all hydras seriously, I highly doubt it's going to be a popular idea any time soon.
Would you say you are a conservative voter?

VOTE: Titus
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 87, Varsoon wrote:@Dyslexicon: Your points are the reason why I should probably have my vote on Titus. Still, I'd much rather pressure out JMO for this shit. I don't see why no one else thinks it's important. Dude just left a vote and it would've coasted easily.
For me some of the earlier stuff was what stood out the most. Why do you say no one else think it's important though?
In post 89, Titus wrote:I am a conservative voter, but an aggressive pressurer and questioner. I wasn't pushing for a hydra lynch, as you properly saw. I just said I have no idea how to read hydras so they'll get extra attention from me. When I do vote someone, I want it to be clear why I'm voting that particular person with a logic that is clearly understood. I do agree with you that JMO needs to be pressured. I hate naked voting as it leaves little to analyze.
What I meant was that I don't see how Saki's push for lynching hydras would be taken seriously as it hardly would get any support. Seemed like trolling to me at least. Also, I was not the one to put forward JMO's vote, that was Varsoon.
In post 90, Paschendale wrote:I've played with Titus before and his style is a little weird. He seems more town this time. He tends to overthink and post those overthoughts and they don't always make much sense. Last time he was more antagonistic.
The overthoughts bothers me, but it's good to know if it's part of his regular way of posting. Have you played with him as both scum and town?
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 103, TunnelVision wrote:Titus, I see a bunch of things in your posting/ playstyle that I feel are similar to mine. This will make my reads on you problematic/compromised. I shall defer to Number 2. But to be clear, my gut read is slight town on Titus.
If Titus has a similar style, won't it also be easier to spot what angle his coming from?
In post 104, jmo16mla wrote:Kinda thought it was obvious the reason I voted for you in the last post, I see Titus as newb town. Your vote on him is because he is an easy lynch target at this point in the game.
I don't believe you've explained why Titus was a newb town read to you, please do. Also if Titus is town this doesn't make Glass scum just like that, it's not like town never vote town.
In post 132, Varsoon wrote:So here's a quick reads list with no nulls, since nulls are for rubes.
That akward moment when you realize you are a rube. I don't agree with your rationale on null reads being non-informative to town. I actually find forcing alignment reads if you don't really have it less helpful, but that's just my preference. This is more meta-game related though.
Dyslexicon - Town. (Or, at least, is playing way more town in those two posts then I've ever seen the player play town. Really engaged and probing in the right areas, I feel. Also, to answer, it feels like no one else wants to pressure JMO or Saki for voting without articulation. That shit bugs me.)
I asked because it seemed jumpy of you to say "noone cares" when only two people or so even had the chance to post after his vote.
In post 149, Titus wrote:The more I see. The more convinced I am Saki is indeed a mislynch. In post 35, Saki says "town points to whoever guesses my avatar". That's a pretty good way to trap newbie scum, because they will indeed guess at it.
No one fell for it
, but it was an excellent way to spark discussion. Saki also got voted up very quickly after Paschendale voted Saki. Flench's vote before Paschendale was a clear OMGUS. CherryDr.Pepper's next post was a sheeping post for the exact same reason as Paschendale's. I'm not sure if that's Sakuna's play to be a sheep, but Dr. Pepper wouldn't sheep like that. The attention on Saki is easy because s/he is afk.
I tend to agree with this. You are wrong about bolded though, Varsoon took a guess, or kind of, #38
In post 170, CherryDrPepper wrote:
In post 156, Flench wrote:If there is another person besides jmo and titus who is confused by my posting I will take the time to explain it.

I still think it is clear.
*raises hand*
What don't you understand about his posts?
In post 176, Paschendale wrote: -Leaning Scum-
Jmo (Moving up from scum, but not up to leaning town yet)
TunnelVision
Cherry
Varsoon (Not leaning very hard, though)

-Scummy Scum McScummerson-
Glass
Saki

Vote remains on Saki.

Also, being confirmed town is really weird. Not having to prove that I'm not lying is a very different experience.
It's nice having someone you don't need to doubt the intentions of.
I don't particularly agree with your top scum reads though. I can't read an alignment from Saki's posts, but I don't think scum would be that obvious. Also I'm uneasy with how he's gotten so much suspicion for what I feel could just as well be trolling/reaction testing. He's capital letters "lynch the hydras" I just can't take seriously. I find it annoying he's gonna be gone for a while though.
Glass I think comes of a bit defensive, but from previous experience I've seen more of these head to head like Glass and jmo that just suddenly appear be town vs town, especially D1.

I do find Cherry and Varsoon suspicious, and to a somewhat lesser degree TunnelV, that's more of a gut thing.
Varsoon I feel is too occupied with appearing town and seen as credible for questioning.
Cherry I feel is sitting back just to throw in some suggestive points of suspicion about others, like #108 and #170.
Any thoughts so far, other than your vote on Saki?

VOTE: Cherry
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

Been proded, so sorry =/
Am on holiday and just can't be as frequent as I'd like. Promise to catch up tomorrow morning though. (Currently drunk, lol).
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

Omg! All this drama! <3
So sorry for being gone this long.
In post 334, Varsoon wrote:What'll happen instead is that town will hammer you (in most cases) and then day ends, scum gets a NK for free, and wagon analysis turns out terribly given the amount of articulation put into it.

As far as town frustration, it's annoying. Usually, that means that scum is winning and town is being duped into playing town v town. Break that frustration by bringing out compelling, well-articulated cases on your scum-spec
This is a bit odd as it would imply that Saki is town, would it not? This doesn't really fit with your view of Saki.
In post 345, Saki wrote:Okay if that's not clear

When I die lynch people in this order:
Whoever the hell hammers me
Titus
CherryDP
Varsoon
In post 393, Saki wrote:Reevaluating scumreads.

Titus, Varsoon, JMO (yes he's not afk)

VOTE: Titus

P-Edit, Oriole I doubt Varsoon would do that as that would confirm me as town.
In post 443, Saki wrote:I say lynch Titus.
Titus has been chainsawing/defending Varsoon a lot lately.
Titus has also strengthened his scumread on me.

If we lynch Titus and Titus flips scum it's almost sure that Varsoon is scum.
Why would you vote Titus right after a CC on a role you supposedly have?
Your response to Varsoon is that it is possible you both are Blockers. Was this really your gut response on the matter?
In post 555, CherryDrPepper wrote:Do you guys realize that we've been dwelving into setup speculation more than in actual scum hunting?

-Sakura Hana
As I read through it was mostly you that did the setup speculation anyway. What did you want to gain out of this?
In post 604, Varsoon wrote:
Unvote

I need time to look at the thread more. Titus is really suspect, but I think he's town. Saki's a believable town who I think is scum. Dunno what to go with.
Why? Like for reals why? Supposedly you are RB, so Saki would be the safest choice, near sure right? What about his behavior now is so convinsingly town to you?
In post 606, Saki wrote:I disagree with everyone that says lynch between me and Varsoon. There's just so many ways that could go wrong.

So it's pretty good idea to lynch Titus.
Titus flips scum, Varsoon is auto-scum.
And what if Titus is town? Then we still don't know about you and Varsoon.
Why would you not want to lynch Varsoon if you are indeed RB? Relying on that there might be a vig that wouldn't know who of you to hit doesn't really explain it.

---

As the situation stands I'd like either Varsoon or Saki lynched.
Is my math off when thinking there's about 1% chance they both er blockers? I even agree there are a greater chance they're both scum than that. Especially seeing that they don't have their vote on each other. 99% someone is scum is like a gift, why don't they act on it? =/
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 609, Varsoon wrote:@Dys: Feels like Saki's more newbtown playing defensive then scum manipulating people. Feels like Titus might be manipulating me. Sitting back to see what they have to say.
334 is me entertaining a town-Saki.
No regards for the odds?
In post 639, CherryDrPepper wrote:Except you doubted Saki's claim way before Varsoon claimed:

And a few more... then when Varson claimed you used it to cast even MORE doubt on Saki's claim, you would be doubting Saki regardless of Varsoon's claim, sorry but i have a hard time believing you're town now.

-Sakura Hana
Why is this so scummy? If someone you find scummy claim PT there's no rule that says you can't push them for more answers, and you certainly can still doubt their claim. Would it be better if Titus just left Saki alone?
In post 641, Varsoon wrote:@Cherry: Which is why I am hesitant. Titus seems really eager for the Saki lynch, which is null, given the situation. Still, makes me noided.
Do you think Titus seemed eager for a Saki lynch between Saki's and your claim? Why does a null tell make you noided?
In post 662, Saki wrote:
In post 660, Varsoon wrote:@tunnel: Funny that you came into the thread looking to exploit a lynch. Anywaaaay.
I originally wanted attention so I would come off as VI and wouldn't be a lynch target or NK.
Earlier, in-thread, I explained why explaining my methods would be pro-scum.
Admitting to town what I'm up to equates to admitting to scum as to what I'm up to.
So, yeah, if I don't live through the night, it's due to belligerent rubes like you.
You actually agree with me on something. That's weird.
And what do you think about that? What is your estimate that Varsoon is town?
In post 671, Varsoon wrote:@Oriole: I'm hesitant to support a Titus/Saki lynch right now, since I'm growing more and more convinced that this is a townvtown conflict. Now, to confirm we're both Roleblockers, we could let Saki and I live to the night and then we could target each other. Of course, this doesn't account for jailers/other similar roles.
How would this work? Also, there are no jailers in C9++.
In post 687, Saki wrote:So, people who support lynching between Saki(me) and Varsoon, your main argument is numbers..?
Yes, it is for me. It's about 1% chance they are both town. I can understand the logic behind not lynching between them, and if they are both telling the truth that would royally suck. What I don't understand though is why they don't vote each other. Saki who didn't vote Varsoon when he got CC'd is for me counter intuitive. For them if they are indeed RB they'd have 99% chance of going for a scum lynch, so them voting other people doesn't make sense unless their more than 99% certain this someone else is scum. Which doesn't seem to be the case, especially for Varsoon. Actually they've both ended up with a vote on Titus, which is bizarre. This makes them even more suspect imo. Also, going for another lynch could possibly trigger another claim as well, which I don't think we need at this point.
In post 715, Varsoon wrote:I already suspect Titus
Equally as much as I suspect that if I put a vote on Titus, he'll get lynched, flip town,
and then either Saki or me will me mislynched D2.
This implies Saki is town then? Why so sure?
In post 734, Flench wrote:I started taking notes and decided to just post the notes instead of redoing everything on the computer, sorry if you don't like pictures.
This is really cool. And your handwriting is exactly like mine, which freaks me out, hah!
In post 749, jmo16mla wrote:I don't think I FOS'd saki either..
Why did you vote Varsoon? What do you think about Saki?
In post 763, Flench wrote:Two people trying to kill each other can be of the same alignment but they both cannot be mafia.
Actually they can. But that would depend on how real the attack feels I guess, which would always be up to debate. I'll look over the "real" factor myself when I get the time, hopefully soon.

---

VOTE: Varsoon

I don't understand him not voting Saki, but instead voting
with
Saki. Also seems to account for a mislynch on Saki already.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:55 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

(First of all - I'm so sorry for my horrible low activity. I'll try avoid having to be replaced, but if I keep being this bad at keeping up I might decide to. It's not really fair for the game.)
In post 782, CherryDrPepper wrote:@Dyslexicon: Re: Titus: Yes, at least until Varsoon claimed that would make it more believable for me

Another thing tho, since you like numbers you say there's a 1% chance that BOTH are town, however looking at them individually what are the chances of one individually being town, and what are the chances of both being scum?, technically the same could be said to any PR claim in the future, are you gonna lynch all of them?

-Sakura Hana
Titus wouldn't know Varsoon would claim though, so probing for information isn't really a problem the way I see it.
The 1% is a fact (or rather 1,25% if my math stands correct), however I can't accurately describe their chances individually the same way, but I think Varsoon is more likely scum than Saki given his behavior throughout the game, especially this latest. However, both of them joining up now is highly suspicious, and one of them flipping scum wouldn't make the other conf town. Also, it's the presense of a CC that makes me want a lynch here, not a singel PR claim which is something entirely different, so it makes no sense drawing that connection.
In post 858, Titus wrote:TunnelVision - Most likely town. TunnelVision has said his playstyle matches my own and he sees the same issues I see a lot. Unfortunately, this makes me really tempted to lie and see if he sheeps with me or not. There's no point to this on Day 1 but I'll have to scrutinze him closer. TunnelVision's votes are thought out and he emphasizes the wrong point from time to time. I do that sometimes myself. Which one of you is number 1 (the hydra head with the playstyle like mine)? I don't see him as a lurker, but some do so I put him here.
This is curious, because I don't see that much similarity between you, in that TV is much more aggressive, and you even pointed out that you didn't agree on everything. Do you agree/disagree with this?
In post 869, Varsoon wrote:See, this is why you're having trouble following me, and, ergo, reading me as scum.
I don't play by the same rules.
This and your whole level-discussion is just bad and irrelevant. Please stop it, whatever your alignment is. We can discuss fun game theory after the game is over.
In post 878, Titus wrote:I asked Paschendale that because I wanted to confirm that I could indeed go after Varsoon 100% without disrupting any plans he had for the town or if the wall would be too long for him to manage. I wasn't going to have my wall of new information up rapidly, so I tried to take the most economical apprach.
What plans would this be i.e?
In post 881, Saki wrote:Drop the numbers argument, please.

Whoever's using it just seems to agree that there can't be two TRBs 'cause it's a 1% chance.
Therefore one of (Saki, Varsoon) is lying and scum.
Why should we drop it? Why isn't this valid as an argument?
In post 928, Paschendale wrote:@Everyone - Please answer the following question. This question is designed to probe relationships between players and get more direct hold your feet to the fire information.

If you had to pick one person as scum, other than Varsoon, who would you pick and why? Why must include more than a gut feeling.

If you had to pick one person as town, other than Paschendale, who would you pick and why? Why must include more than a gut feeling.
Scum pick - Cherry, seems to be pushing an agenda more than looking. I've had this feeling from quite early on. Pulls out rather arbitrary points to paint people scum (like in #872).
Town pick - Flench, reasonable and relevant analysis and questioning, seems very from a town angle.
In post 947, CherryDrPepper wrote:Titus, stop the math. The 99 percent thing seems like you just want a potential roleblocker lynched. Stop using information over analysis WE ARE NOT LYNCHING A CLAIMED ROLEBLOCKER TODAY. I love how you peg me and Varsoon as scum but completely wash your hands off it by asking "What do you think" istead of providing analysis of your own.
Again, why drop "the math" argument just because it is math. That it is fact and not mere inerpretation like most of the arguments in mafia makes it even more compelling imo.

---

Still holding my vote on Varsoon. I think he is the most likely to be scum, and yes this is both based on his behavior and the math. His vague explanation and refutation on his scummy play lately isn't convincing me otherwise. Out of Varsoon and Saki, Saki is the one acting more town to me based on his careless attitude and omgusy tendencies. Relying on this CC-business to be sorted out is also risky, and we have no guarantee for this to actually happen without it getting messy.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1588 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

I've been catching up in short periods now. Skimmed the last ten pages or so, cause it just makes my head implode. I've never seen such a fleshy D1 ,and honestly there's a lot of irrelevant stuff and repeated points here.
Anyway, going off of memory here, I don't really get why jmo is so scummy. His aggressive stances and non-pleasing manner aren't really scum tells. Haven't looked at the meta that was referred to though, will do that when night comes (if he doesn't get lynched). That he decides not to explain himself are bad, but he's definitely not scummier than Varsoon. Varsoon has been switching his focus and attacked a lot of the people voting for him, seems very much a self survival thing. Also if he really is the scummiest VT ever playing all these "levels", I'd rather a claimed VT go than have more claims outed. Nah, I'm still happiest lynching Varsoon.
Who mentioned the SK first?
@Titus, what is your read on Xiao and why?
@Xiao, you say Varsoon has contributed more stuff, but the stuff is more WIFOM, confusion and fillers than benefit for town.
Also, is your case on jmo mostly built on the meta?

(I'm the same level distracted until Sunday, but from then on I have a lot more time.)
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 1590, jmo16mla wrote:apparently content=town.
Who do you suspect other than Varsoon? Any town reads?
In post 1591, CherryDrPepper wrote:If we're getting into who first mentioned the SK, it was around the time of setup speculation, I had totally forgotten that there was a possibility of SK hence why i figured there would only be either 1 or 3 NKs when Saki mentioned a possible SK.
Alright, was it Xiao that first accused someone (you?) of being SK?
In post 1595, Xiao Long wrote:You're not looking at the broader picture. Yeah, there's a lot of WIFOM in regards to what alignment Varsoon is, but from the responses to his original CC against Saki, I've got town reads on at least three other people.
And no, the meta thing is what Varsoon posted, I did an ISO of him which apparently no one but Titus read.
That's why I want to see Varsoons flip though, cause there's a lot of reactions to him, and I don't want that WIFOM hanging around not knowing his alingment. Also don't want another potential claim if jmo is town.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2797 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:23 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lol, thank god D1 actually ended, and with a Varsoon lynch. We're still in a position that Pasch is the only really cofirmed town. There's a lot of other possibilities than jmo being scum and blocked. I'm up for a lynch on jmo as I think he needs to flip, however I find it disconcerting that not all possibilities are even taken into consideration. Cherry could very well be on the scum team, predeciding the kill. Saki could not be RB at all, but I don't really think that's likely from my perspective. Also, a doctor could be present as mentioned.

@Bulb: (I'm really a guy, but whatever works for you). Don't really understand where you pull your read on me from, could you be more specific? I admit to being super lurky though (which isn't a style I enjoy at all).
In post 2720, Xiao Long wrote:I think you are the SK and we have no vig. "Hey guys, I'm Vigging X tonight. Whoops, I keep hitting town, heehee."
Why would a potential SK try work against town, wouldn't that get them lynched? I don't think we need to worry about a potential SK until we know there is one.

Fun fact: First time I played this set up we had an SK that claimed vig, lol.

jmo: Was blocked (according to Saki), and probably needs to flip. Personally I'm not convinced of him flipping scum just because of the interaction between jmo and Varsoon. That kind of bussing just seems stupid from a scum perspective. Also iirc Varsoon pushed on jmo from an early stage.

cherry: Long tried to lynch Titus (together with Saki), jumpy claim, I don't trust them to be what they claim to be. Scummy read still.

Xiao: Really don't like the "Titus was obv-town" which she really wasn't, and also "jmo is obv scum". Do you think there's no possibility of jmo being town, in which case why? Reasons please.

Bulb: Do you think everyone who has a claim is telling the truth? What reaction of stubbs was it that you referred to, making the spot town?

---

I think there's likely scum among jmo, cherry and Xiao, however I wouldn't really think of jmo as other than nully if it hadn't been for the block thing.
I still see Flench as likely town, however this is probably more of a gut feeling at this point. Oriole also seems town for genuine scumhunting. I believe Saki is town.

I must confess I didn't read the very end of D1, I just got to pissed on all the irrelevant stuff.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2891 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 2798, Paschendale wrote:I see a lot of maybe's there, Dys. What do you actually think the truth is?
My gut says Xiao is scum. Problem is evidence, if true says otherwise. Bah, I guess I can't be too concrete anyway.
In post 2812, CherryDrPepper wrote:Speaking of Dys, my other head just told me something interesting:
"If not Xiao, I think Dys is a good lynch. Varsoon was targetting lurkers, and just said Dys looked town."
I don't remember this happening, does anyone remember?
I remember Varsoon "accusing" me of being tacitly town (or something similar).
In post 2815, TunnelVision wrote:Case Against Dyslexicon:

1) Content light/Active lurking. 10 posts? C'mon bro.
2) Fence sitting, open back door to escape arguments/positions. (Pasche hinted at this with all the maybes in Dys's most recent post.)
3) Trying to appear town with comments like, "Thank god D1 is over, and with a Varsoon lynch." If you read all 10 of his posts, you'll see some other examples.
4) Setting up to support a lynch on JMO, Cherry, and Xiao for today? Town, town, and town. Fail. But mafia needs to hang town, so makes sense. (They're way behind in the numbers game now, and I think frustrated/hopeless after Varsoon's play D1.)
5) There's some failed logic in a number of his posts, but it's minor in nature and is tied into some of the WIFOM in them. Just the same, it's filler content, no real substance.
6) Contradiction, in the same post no less:
In post 2797, Dyslexicon wrote:Why would a potential SK try work against town, wouldn't that get them lynched? I don't think we need to worry about a potential SK until we know there is one.

I think there's likely scum among jmo, cherry and Xiao, however I wouldn't really think of jmo as other than nully if it hadn't been for the block thing.
Why is CherryDrP in your lynch list if you're not worried about an SK? If CherryDrP is scum, and setup for/claimed Vig on D1, alongside scumbuddy Varsoon's fake claim then.... no. No No NO. This scenario is too much fail to even consider. CherryDrP is town. Let's stop talking about CherryDrP. They'll be dead in a couple days anyways (.) Move along.

7) Avoiding directly engaging TunnelVision... "Fear of the Tunnel". See , no mention of TunnelVision, despite talking about other outted role holders/confirmed roles, players, etc. Very strange. See , before the death tunnel was engaged, simple and direct question to Tunnel that subtly opened a door, casting potential doubt on something totally genuine. But see asks Titus a direct question about TV/Titus interaction, does not ask TV. (this was post death tunnel.)

Explaining 7 a bit: We've found that mafia like to avoid us when we play very aggressive. They don't want us to latch on and engage in a direct line of questioning... so they don't poke the sleeping bear (so to speak.) You may think this is self-important, but it isn't. It's true of many mafia interactions with any player that has an aggressive play style. Though I'll concede that it becomes more obvious/disturbing if you are the player.

8) Intriguing Stances:
On JMO: Thought he was town. Then, "Because he was blocked, he probably needs to flip, but I don't think he's scum." Fail. Mafia loves to do this.
D1 pressured/postured around hanging: Titus (town), Cherry (town), Saki (town)?
Varsoon lynch: Jumped on the Varsoon wagon early and stayed there (note it was after that fail train gained steam.) But where was his vote? First on the train. Convenient. Too convenient for somebody who was barely reading/posting and considering the mass confusion that existed around Varsoon for awhile. Not to mention the open doors he left to back off of the Varsoon lynch despite leaving the vote there.

9) This:
In post 2797, Dyslexicon wrote:Oriole also seems town for genuine scumhunting.
This point alone is weaksauce, I'm just adding it in because it fits in with my theory that oriole is scum alongside Dys.

VOTE: Dyslexicon

There's a few other things that we can develop as well, but I think this is a sufficient starting point.

-1-
I'll answer point by point.
1. I know -_- I can agree to being lynched based on this. This game has been terrible for me to follow. It is unfortunate.
2. I don't think this is entirely true. I state my thoughts as they are, just because I don't go all caps lock like some people doesn't mean I'm fence sitting. This would probably be a style issue.
3. Lol, it's true though. D1 was a nightmare at the end. What are the other examples you're refering to here?
4. My top suspect apparently have a "innocent", and jmo who he tries to get lynched got blocked on a one kill night (with claimed vig kill). So that's what you're seeing. I won't support any lynch, and it's still early in the day to say that.
5. Ties in with 2. Where's the failed logic?
6. Why can't Cherry be scum? I don't really get that.
7. This is awkward, because I must admit I haven't payed that much attention to you, other than you being all over Varsoon, and not much more that I can remember. Probably also ties in with my low post count.
8. About jmo, yes I'm not convinced, but I'm sure he got blocked, obviously this is conflicting, and you see a conflicted response to it.
About Varsoon I don't really get what was "comfortable" with my stance on him if I were to be scum with him. I was quite clear I wanted to lynch between the claimed blockers, Varsoon being my priority.
9. Still true, I've read Oriole town throughout the game. About your case on him I think your first point is intriguing.

Honestly I think this is vague. Seems like you're attacking me mostly for being more soft spoken which is a style issue. It's fine lynching me for being inactive, obviously I totally admit that, and it's unfortunate and not normally my preferred style. So do that, but not this case.
In post 2821, oriole wrote:This is the Dys vote on Varsoon. It's interesting because he actually talks about bussing in a reply to Flench in the same post.
What do you find interesting about that?
In post 2842, Bulbazak wrote:It's more gut based, but I really didn't see what everyone else did when they said that you were scumhunting in your posts. Your posts read kinda wishy washy to me, and you avoided making strong stances. Also, out of all the inactives, you were the one that was focused on the least, which made you the most likely choice for a potential scum lurker.
I think I'm more soft spoken than most of you guys, but I definitely had my stances where I felt strongly about something. I can't control not being focused a lot on though, why would this make me more likely scum?
For the moment, yes. Even if they aren't, that is something that we can deal with later after more flips. There's no need to just start randomly lynching the PRs, simply because one of them MIGHT be lying.
No lynch should be random. I do agree, although I only find one of the claims (apart from Pasch obv) that is totally convincing to me.
Stubbs got behind and was genuinely frustrated, so frustrated, in fact, that he replaced out of the game. That's a town reaction, not a scum one. Scum may pretend like they were frustrated with the way Varsoon was spamming the thread, but they wouldn't care, precisely because Varsoon's actions were muddying the waters, making it easier for them to survive as a team. Scum would not replace out of an ideal situation such as that simply because they couldn't catch up with the game and were frustrated by the spammers. In fact, scum in that situation probably wouldn't be reading too much into the game in the first place.
I don't see Varsoon getting lynched as an "ideal situation" for scum. Actually it's annoying for everyone. I considered replacing out too, but I didn't want some poor replacement having over 100 pages to catch up on. Anyway, I don't see this as alignment indicative.
In post 2872, TunnelVision wrote:1) This is tricky, read it a couple times. Oriole states in an if/than situation based on game setup. He commits to this probability argument on game setup before Varsoon claims. Varsoon claims full roleblocker in post . And right then, Oriole subtly suggests an opportunity for Varsoon to weasel his way out of the shitty probability false claim he made: post . "Any chance either of you is a 1 shot roleblocker (hint hint, Varsoon you're going down in flames bro.)" He does this because he recognizes we're going to filet Varsoon for his BS claim and he wants to give him an out. Varsoon's response says "I can roleblock each night" and shuts down this chance.
Any comments to this, Oriole?
In post 2886, SalmonellaDreams wrote:Anyways, I don't like Dys, due to what's been stated so far. No need to clog up the thread with regurgitated reasoning.
I'd rather like to hear it.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2898 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:12 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 2897, Bulbazak wrote:It's not the "not being focused on" that makes you more likely to be scum. I'm having a hard time sorting you, as you seem to be hanging out in the null area and seem content to continue lurking. This makes me uncomfortable. I'm seeing nothing from you that indicates either town or scum, and with everything that went on d1, there should be something, but there's not.
If you don't see anything alignment indicative, how come you had me as scum in your first posts? I'm not really content with lurking and I believe my rl gives possibility for me to be more active finally.
That wasn't the ideal situation I was talking about. Varsoon muddying up the thread with WIFOM was the ideal situation, as town was off balance. Varsoon could have very well been able to confuse the town to victory, as he has experience doing so as scum. If Stubbs was scum, he may have periodically complained, but he wouldn't have gotten so frustrated with being unable to catchup that he'd replace out, as that'd be contrary to his team's strategy.

Compare that with where you state that you were frustrated and considered replacing out AFTER Varsoon is already dead. It feels more like scum putting on a show, rather than actual frustrated town.
I've seen scum throw a tantrum before, but reading his good bye post it does seem to come from town just being fed up. I considered being replaced earlier in the game, but that was because of my inactivety, so it's a debate I've had going and the game didn't get more enjoyable by the spamming. I don't really think this is significant right now, as I'd rather state my meta-feelz about the game afterwards.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3090 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

Congrats town! Very nice indeed^^
I must apologize again, cause I truly am sorry for the horrible low activity on my part. D1 really turned me off.
Hope to do a better job in killing you all off in another game! %)
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3110 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 3093, Xiao Long wrote:Dys: You probably could have won if you had been more active. Your few posts early game made me think that you were town, but when I saw how few posts you made, I started thinking scum that was coasting on early town aura (if that makes sense) haha.
It does make sense, and it was at least 50% true. I don't think I'd make it to the end, but maybe a bit longer. This was my first game as scum on this site, so I'm happy that I didn't totally suck, but there was way to many meddling kids in this town. I think I'm town at heart though, but it was nice experience for change.
In post 3100, Titus wrote:I am also surprised Dyx bussed Varsoon over jmo.
I felt the wrongness of it too late. O_o

Thank you so much DBK - I so love this setup, and would sign up anytime for this (with a promise of a D1 with less than 40 pages. <_<)
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3117 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 3111, Does Bo Know wrote:Hey Dizzy, my next game in the Micro will most likely be C9-- if you're interested in like a pre-/in or something. It might be a while though. I'm on my phone so I can't link the exact setup. It's under "Open Setup Ideas and Discussion" in Mafia Discussion, ISO IceGuy, Ctrl+F "C9--," and that's the setup I'll be using. I'm sure it's allowed since it was allowed in the Micro Queue before. Plus I was in that game.
Thanks, will take a look! ^^
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3134 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 3118, Varsoon wrote:@Dys: You were to be my saving grace in the scum team doomed to fail! Carry me harder next time, Dys. :3
That would've been ideal, but I "lost my spark" as one puts it in this game:P
In post 3124, Varsoon wrote:They talked about killing Saki, which was the WORST KILL.
Dys should have delivered the N1 on Tunnel.
I didn't particularly agree with the kill and who to perform it, but I really am soft spoken XD

Return to “Completed Open Games”