Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

viewtopic.php?t=6924

I was in newbie 520 with Mizzy, farside, and Adel. I admit the town, which includes me, did very well in the game. It was my third forum game and I think i did pretty good. But I am a little too humble to nominate myself for anything. If someone nominated me for something I'd accept it but I have no desire to nominate myself for anything. A few coments should be made based on what Flay mentioned.

Only 1 of the scum were IC's.
Wether we had done the massclaim thing or not I fully intended on pushing for the lynch of the second scum come day 2. Me, Farside, and oprice all suspected him when day 2 began. The guy we lynched day 2 made most rational sence to have been paired with the scum we lynched day 1.

Half the reason the massclaim worked was because both the doc and cop lived to day 2. I was the doc who protected the cop and ensured that we made day 2 as the mafiakill failed. Had Pug, the last scum, been able to block too he said he would have targeted me with the block. I still think we could have gotten Pug lynched but the cop would have died as a result. The cop dieing would have ruined the massclaim.

A lynch of a goon in a situation where a roleblocker can NOT do both is exactly the same as lynching a roleblocker that CAN do both. The mafia face a serious disadvantage if both cop and doc survive to day 2 and the cop has investigated someone other than the doc. 3 confirms vs 1 mafia is unbeatable. Our town did good acomplishing that scenario.

If there was a Mafia Goon that did take out the cop and/or doc nights 1 and 2 and did win despite their roleblocking partner getting lynched day 1, they would deserve a scummy BIG time.

Because situations like these can arise and grant victory to those that earn them under conditions where their experiance is tested, I will nominate the catagories..

BEST NEWBIE GAME TOWN

and

BEST NEWBIE GAME MAFIA

not sure if that is too much like best newb performance but I'll throw it out there and you guys can think about it. If the catagory goes through farside can nominate our game for it if she wants, I am not going too.

Also I'll 6th support for the leonidas idea aswell while i am here.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #54 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Fonz wrote:We really need to clear up the whole 'best newbie thing' and decide properly whether it rewards a single performance by a newbie, or is like a 'rookie of the year.'

How about splitting into:

Best New Player
(for performance over the year)
Best Newbie Performance
('The Natural' Award or something) for a single performance in a game, with that game having to begin within three months of the player's joining.
I read this and i think Foz has the right idea. I think it solves things better then what i suggested. And it also appears to factor in some of the good stuff said by the other players about the topic.

Seconded
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hjallti wrote:
Scigatt wrote:Nominate: Y

Award: Best Performance

Game: Newbie #546
seconded
Thirding.

A said i would support something like this. A Mafioso survives/beats the classic E7 mass claim to victoryplan. And he does it 'without' being able to use his blocking. A sneaky way to get things done.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also i think we should keep this award around
Person most likely to die night 1 - "Kenny Award"

Mastermind of Sin recently joined 6 newbie games and died night1 in all of them. He has been targeted and killed in a bunch more before them.

In Doctor Who Mafia 2 he had a bullseye on his chest night zero because he was targeted by a Jailkeeper, The Mafia kill, The SK's secondary non-kill skill, and a joat's investigation. Ergo also said MoS was his second choice for his double vote skill on night0.

Assuming MoS is sticking around awhile longer and if we were to give the award to someone else after Fritz, MoS would deserve it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #285 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

but in terms of effectivness, its really grade A
Stop bragging. Be humble and say no more. You are starting to come off as a self nom. Let the judges handle it from here.

Edit: Also why does it say I supported Farside's self nom a few pages back? I said I would accept the nomination and never said I was supporting it or self noming myself. I think someone took what I said a little out of context.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #287 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Its cool Oman, I suppose I understand you didn't mean to come off like that. Looking back at something I posted in january I guess I can see how it was taken in the context of me seconding a self nom. I should have worded that a little bit better.

And don't get me wrong Oman. I still think you did a pretty good job.
:shakes hand:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #298 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well I've come to a conclusion. Ballsy move or not, considering what Flay said I think I'll suport the nomination aswell. The work Oman put into the middle of the game setting up alot of lynches should be recognized.
farside22 wrote:I nominate Oman for best SK for ATIP

viewtopic.php?t=8351

Before the rule about no king claims. He stated that farside with the king and unvoted. Only the guards would have known that. Fact was he was the assisgn who guessed right and won the game. Congrats
Fourthing
(Previously seconded by Erg0 and thirded by Mr. Flay)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #299 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Nominate:
shaft.ed
Award:
Funiest Player

He has made alot of posts GD and gamewise, political or abridg.ed that should be recognized for their witty humor
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #303 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
Nominate:
shaft.ed
Award:
Funiest Player

He has made alot of posts GD and gamewise, political or abridg.ed that should be recognized for their witty humor
Oman wrote:
Second Shaft.ed
One game where shaft.ed was particularly funny was his performance in Guardian's ipick http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7625 how he dealt with his posting restriction was most amusing.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #306 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nominate:
Kinetic

Award:
Best Town (individual)

Game:
The War to End All Freaktowns.
by rajrhcpfreak
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #339 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I just got around to checking this thread after reading said game.
gorckat wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:I'd like to nominate:

the fonz
for
"best performance, town"

For literally breaking the setup in open 82, texas justice.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=100
Wow.
Third
for best performance and
nth
for Professor Mafia.
Upon further review, I endorse this product and/or service.

nth both!

Edit: If I had to pick just one I personally think he would deserve the professor one more since I do believe he said something to the equivalent of joining the game in order to test said gamebreaking idea, but either way his performances/contrabutions should not be ignored easily.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #345 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I just got around to checking this thread after reading said game.
gorckat wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:I'd like to nominate:

the fonz
for
"best performance, town"

For literally breaking the setup in open 82, texas justice.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=100
Wow.
Third
for best performance and
nth
for Professor Mafia.
Upon further review, I endorse this product and/or service.

nth both!

Edit: If I had to pick just one I personally think he would deserve the professor one more since I do believe he said something to the equivalent of joining the game in order to test said gamebreaking idea, but either way his performances/contrabutions should not be ignored easily.
Not to be a sour puss, but...

You guys do realize that this Texas Justice has already been broken, right? The Fonz's game-breaking strategy was just a variation on the original strategy that mathcam created in the first Texas Justice mafia. It's not really anything new to see someone break this setup. I'd support best performance, but I don't think Professor Mafia fits the bill, since he didn't contribute anything new.
Really? I didn't know that. Can I see a link to what mathcam did?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #405 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

Guardian wrote: [*]
Most Improved Player
I will third this.
Xtoxm's overall play has gotten better than it was when I first started playing with him. He still makes mistakes (Everyone does) But I have seen a vast amount of improvement overall and so I will gladly third this. I am actually looking forward to the next game I play with him not just because I think it will be fun, but also because I think it might be challenging should we be in oposing factions.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #428 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

If you want to nominate me for something relating to that claim, you can go right ahead.

But I feel part of the praise I am getting for it is a little undeserving. I originally planned to get elderad or the slightly possible incog scum lynched. Then I was like wait a minute... niether one is acting like scum now. They both agree to a gauranteed town win? WTF?! Who's scum then? What the hell is going on here?! And I didn't figure that part out until I was dead. Luckily the rest of the town figure it out later.

I didn't plan the result I got. Kinda fell into it. Abandoning the gambit when I did was right play. Following through with it would have given me a dunce cap. The entire thing looked like a huge screw up to me until things were over. Like I was on some massive drug trip or having a drunken haze ("It sounded like a completly good idea at the time officer") and then I woke up hung over with a 40 million dollar winning lottery ticket in my pocket. How did that get there?
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #429 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Nominate:
OhGodMyLife
Award:
Best Flavor Text
Game:
Mini 594: Satin Doll Showdown

Here there be some of the best flavor text I've seen in a Mini Normal in some time.
Second!
I really liked the flavor and i felt the PM Patrick got with his death was rather interesting.
hasdgfas wrote: Speaking of that game:
Nominate:
Tarhalindur
Award
Best performance in a losing Cause
Game:
Mini 594: Satin Doll Showdown
I agree with elderad
Third!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #451 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Anyone else besides me notice the irony of that almost selfnom being for "Mature" Mafia?

But seriously thou, Adel and the scum present in that game did play well so I will...

Second
these
ZONEACE wrote:meh i guess i'll make it official

nominate
Scum of Mature Mafia
Award
best performance by a team
game
Mature Mafia

The scum team performed exceptionally. They didn't lose 1 person.

nominate
Adel in Mature mafia
Award
Best Performance Individual (scum)
game
Mature Mafia

Adel was the highlight of the amazing scum performance in Mature Mafia. She truly led the way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #493 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nominate: shaft.ed
Award: Most Enjoyable Large Game
Game: Monty Python Mafia

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8780

Most fun I ever had in any Mafia game. Good humorous theme and role set. shaft.ed wins!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #535 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Max wrote:I'd like to nominate
Korlash
from
This game
for best play as
individual (scum)

Before I'd replaced he fooled me, and even as scum he fooled me,.
I'll second this
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #608 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Edit: oh you just went 1-12 there are a ton otheres missing
petroleumjelly wrote:Going through with fine-toothed comb. Through page 12. Will continue to update.

Nominations and seconds so far
though i think Guardian may have made a post earlier with a listing so looking at that could make your job easier

petroleumjelly wrote:[*]
Best Performance by an Individual (Pro-Town)
- "Oscar" Award [*]
Best Performance by an Individual (Scum)
- "Oscar" Award
Needs updated since I got nomed and seconded for both individual town and scum awards.

Town
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 89#1339889
Kinetic>Korlash>Spyre X>K7

Scum
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 03#1352903
ABR>EMPKING>DGB

Even if I don't win I got nomed for one of each so I'm proud
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #620 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Best Role Claim
- "Johnny Cochrane" Award...
[*]
Funniest Role Claim
- "George W Bush" Award...
[*]
- "Oscar" Award
I technically believe Elmo is pointing out the bizarre claim/gambit I made since my general play in that game was not that good. That claim was the only thing good I did in that game. Here is the link to my claim of
Obnoxious Drunk
(Super Saint)

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 69#1212869

PM elmo for more details in case he didn't see this but I believe that's what he meant since my overall play in Satin doll was subpar
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #631 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mr. Flay wrote:Alright, second post is accurate as of PJ's post 619, Dec 09, 2008 11:48 pm edit. I did some minor cleanup, so we can probably go forward without full quotation...
a no
PokerFace wrote:
Best Role Claim
- "Johnny Cochrane" Award...
[*]
Funniest Role Claim
- "George W Bush" Award...
[*]
- "Oscar" Award
I technically believe Elmo is pointing out the bizarre claim/gambit I made since my general play in that game was not that good. That claim was the only thing good I did in that game. Here is the link to my claim of
Obnoxious Drunk
(Super Saint)

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 69#1212869

PM elmo for more details in case he didn't see this but I believe that's what he meant since my overall play in Satin doll was subpar
talked to elmo and it was for claim not overall play
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #683 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'll second Tar's nomination of Kinetic for paragon
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #723 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sweet I might not win any awards but I think I did pretty good. I got nomed once for mafia play, once for town play, and once for best role claim. I tried to make that claim funny too (Role name was Obnoxious Drunk) but no one nomed it for the funny role claim award aswell.

Speaking of funny claims I'd like to nom Korlash for this funny roleclaim I saw/read sometime ago. Let's see if we can't get this in before nom closing time.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 587#960587
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #724 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Should probably nom people in this thread

http://67.222.17.61/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8291

for white knight since they replace alot.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #731 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I would
5th it for 2009
. Especially his posts in the shelter forum. He was on his game making me laugh when mafia scum was down.

http://pnewman.net/shelter/viewtopic.ph ... p=168#p168

http://pnewman.net/shelter/viewtopic.ph ... p=151#p151
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #736 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nominate roflcopter

Best New Player 2008

He came in 08 and did alot a good in his early games especially:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8269
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #746 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

roflcopter wrote:i´m not worthy of best new player, though i´m flattered.

i would however love a second nom for best sk [/ego]
I thought you already did get a second for that. I read that game and like it so if I am wrong on no one seconding it...

2nd or 3rd or whatever rolfcopter for best SK for XYL's game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #750 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kinetic wrote:Crap.. guys, we're at deadline now. No more time to screw around.

Vote:Mith
Bandwagon gogo! We can still get a lynch if we hurry.
This is an awesome case I can't believe I didn't see it before.

Vote: Mith
die scum die!

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”