Shy Guy, Assassin of Pétrolli, Lynched Day Three

• 2.)
      armlx, Khalif of Jelluña, Assassinated Twilight Day Three

• 9.)
      q21, Khalif of Jelluña, Assassinated Twilight Day Three

[/list:u]

Potential Replacements
      : 5
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 23 times in total.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:07 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Guard Role PM (10)

Guard Role PM wrote:You are a
Guard of Jelluña
. Your khalifs are
[Player X]
and
[Player Y]
. It is your sworn duty to protect these khalifs from all harm.

In order to win, both assassins must be dead, and at least one khalif must be alive. It is not necessary for you to be alive to achieve this win condition.

You may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.
Khalif Role PM (2)

Khalif Role PM wrote:You are a
Khalif of Jelluña
. Without your partner khalif in the correct clothing, you cannot recognize them – they appear as simply another guard to you.

In order to win, both assassins must be dead, and at least one khalif must be alive. It is not necessary for you to be alive to achieve this win condition.

You may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.
Assassin Role PM (2)

Assassin Role PM wrote:You are an
Assassin of Pétrolli
. Your partner in crime is
[Player X]
. Together, you are on a suicide mission to kill the khalifs of Jelluña.

There are two circumstances in which you may kill.

1.)
If you are lynched, you will have the opportunity to kill moments prior to your death. The thread will be locked, and you will have 72 real-time hours to make your decision. If your partner is alive at this time, you may speak with them using an intricate language of signs. This choice will be sent directly to me.

2.)
At any point during the game (not counting when the thread is locked), either one of you may make a suicide kill. This choice will be made in-thread with the following format:
Suicide Attack: Player Y (and Player Z)
, where the parenthetical is only to be used when the correct conditions are met. Both you and the player(s) you attack will die.

The following two restrictions apply to both killing methods:

-->
a.
If there are two assassins alive, you may only target one player for assassination.
-->
b.
If there is one assassin alive, you may target two players for assassination (unless there is only one khalif alive, in which case you may only target one player for assassination).

In order to win, both khalifs must be dead. It is not necessary for either of you to be alive to achieve this win condition.

You may daytalk with your partner only for the first 120 real-time hours (5 days) of the game. After that, the only other opportunity the two of you will have to talk with each other will be in the case where both of you are alive, and one is lynched, resulting with a locked game and 72-hours for the two of you to talk amongst yourselves.

Other than your partner under certain conditions, you may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Jelly's Rules
, special rules in
dark red

Rules on What is Allowable

[01] This is only a game, and I expect all players to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech: obscenity, profanity, libel, and fighting words will not be tolerated, and if you push it, the Head Jelly reserves the right to have you replaced. In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as myself.
[02] Do not talk outside of this thread, unless your role PM explicitly says you may do so, and even then, you are restricted to night-time for all out-of-thread conversation.
Even idle talk with non-players is disallowed; breaking of this rule will result in a modkill, and if the infraction is severe enough, the whole game may need to be called.

[03] Do not edit or delete your posts in any way, shape, or form. Once you have posted something, it is there for good, unless I find reason to alter or delete your post myself.
[04] Do not quote your role PMs in any way, shape, or form. You may, however, paraphrase your PM at any time, but if you go too far, the Mod reserves the right to either replace you or to modkill you should the situation warrant.
[05] Do not post in invisible text, excessively small text, or use [ color = black ] tags.
[06] You may request mod-prods, replacements, clarifications, and votecounts from me directly in the thread, but please precede such with a bolded
Mod: So-and-so
so that I will be able to answer you as promptly as possible.
[07] Once I have officially posted that you are dead, then you are dead. Do not post any relevant information to the game whatsoever. You are, however, allowed a typical “Bah!” post of some sort.
[08] No talking during twilight. Such posts may be deleted, and you will be subject to either replacement or modkilling.

[09] Do not question my decisions in-thread: if you have a problem with me, take it to Private Messages. You may, of course, post problems you see with my votecounts, but that’s about as far as I’ll allow things.
[10]
Only the mod or co-mod may post in dark red. The first offense will result in me editing your post. The second offense will result in a replacement or modkill -- the modkill is much more likely if it is clear you were attempting to impersonate the current mod.

[11]
No player may post a "fake" suicide kill, or anything mildly resembling such a kill. Such a player will be modkilled, regardless of alignment or role.

[12]
No player may post a list (real or "fake") of the identity of the Khalifs. This will result in a modkill, and may result in the game being called.

[13] You are allowed to have fun, and in fact, I heartily encourage it! This is a game! Play hard, play fair, and enjoy yourself.

Technical Rules

[01] Each day the town must decide on a lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.
[02] To vote for somebody, please use bold tags. For example,
Vote: PJ.
As you can see, abbreviations – so long as they are intelligible and informative – are allowable.
[03] If you wish to unvote, I would appreciate a formal bold
Unvote: PJ
, although this will not be required.
[04]
Day One has a three week deadline. All subsequent Days have a two week deadline.

[05] If two or more players are tied for the most votes when a deadline hits, and they have garnered the required amount of votes to be lynched under a deadline, the player who reached that number of votes first shall be lynched.
The "required amount of votes" this game is a simple plurality – whoever has the most votes.

[06]
No lynch is not an option. Each day
must
end with a lynch. If no votes are countable, then
everybody is lynched
is hence the town loses and the assassins win.

[07]
There are no Nights. When an assassin is lynched, however, the thread will be locked for a 72-hour period.

[08] If you feel that you may not be able to post in-thread for a period of 48 hours or longer, please say so in-thread and send me a PM as warning. If I find it necessary, I will have you replaced, but I would much rather keep all players who sign up for any of my games.
[09] Any and all of these rules are subject to change at my discretion.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:14 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Roles are being randomized. This is the confirmation stage. Confirm by PM -- I expect each confirmation to specify all relevant information. In other words, Guards must identify their role and who the Khalifs are; Khalifs must identify their role; and Assassins must identify their role and their partner.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:36 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Every player has indicated the basic knowledge required for their roles.

When one enters the Chamber of Meditation, the first images to behold are the almond tree in the center of the room, and the encircling tranquil, horseshoe-bend stream. A seemingly silken alabaster path encircles the makeshift moat, with a tiny bridge cutting across the two loose strands of water (which lead off to the two separate corners in the back of the room). The chamber has no ceiling, but is instead one with the elements.

The sun shines brightly overhead.

Two khalifs sit upon twin cushions, beyond the stream, beyond the bridge, beyond the almond tree. They are beyond the cares of the world, allowing their bodies to remain lifeless while their souls are free and peaceful. They are both one with each other, and complete strangers. The only sounds in the room are their twin heartbeats, their twin breathing, the gentle trickling of the stream, and an occasional rustling of leaves.

The moon moves ever closer to the sun.

Two guards stand silently outside the door to the chamber, each holding dual bearded axes across their chests. Suddenly, one points to the sky:

"Assassins in the palace!"

Two cloaked and veiled figures hop gracefully from arch to arch towards the Chamber of Meditation, taking distinct advantage over the wide-open layout of the building. Guards from all 'round rush to the room. From an aerial point of view, ebony and plum swishes of cloth all rush through (and over) the walls of the labyrinth that is the palace, all busily heading towards the square in the middle.

At once, several things occur. The two assassins glide into the room, landing on one side of the stream. Ten guards enter the room, armed and anxious. The khalifs are jolted from their meditation. And the sun is eclipsed by the moon, casting them all into shadow.

The moment passes.

As light is shed back into the room, the two purple assassin cloaks are still flurrying towards the ground... and every single person in the room is garbed in the clothing of a guard, each equipped with two axes.

You know what to do.

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. A plurality vote suffices at deadline.

Deadline: 504 hours (21 days) from this post.

Edit: Prods will go out once an individual has not posted for a period of 72 hours. If that player then fails to post after an additional 48 hours, that player will be replaced.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Row!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: Flameaxe
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Primate »

Vote Yos2
. We're not going to catch him as scum, so we might as well lynch him just in case.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:07 am

Post by q21 »

And so it has begun...

Vote JDodge

Dodgy name, and names are all I have to go on at the moment.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Shy Guy »

vote: Yosarian2

Hi again, and hi andersonw. Hello to the rest of you, as well.
I won't say much.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:30 am

Post by q21 »

Why the early Yosarian2 hate, is there something I should know about him?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

As far as I can tell from the post Primate made, it appears that in an earlier game he was scum, and managed to outwit people for the entire game.

However, the chances of getting scum all the time are not that great. And, if he was so cunning as scum, I imagine he would be excellent in weeding out the scum in our midsts if he was non-scum.

Of course, according to that logic...

Primate, you seem quite eager to get rid of someone who you have admitted is excellent at what he does... Any reason...?

And you too, Shy Guy. What is with the bandwagoning?
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Vote: ZombieSlayer
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Any reason as to why, Scot?

Or just felt like it?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

You're scum maybe? I don't know, wild guess, and I feel good about it.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Hmm.

Well.

It appears that random voting is the norm on this site.

Generally, whenever I play a Mafia game, no one random votes. That probably means they are crappy Mafia games, but whatever.

Anyways. May as well do as the Romans do...

Votes GreasySpot
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by andersonw »

Hi shyguy. How are you doing? Btw, you were really good in Methodical Mafia 2.

d14 = 411175641
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by andersonw »

Vote: q21

Hmmm... Yosarian2 said in the other game that it was a bad idea to random vote. Oh well.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Well, considering the fact that in Pikmin Mafia when I got suspicious of someone for random voting, almost everyone in the thread was like

"That's how we roll!"

I thought it would be safe to presume that they were not lying.

If others wish to contest their statements, feel free to do so.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by JDodge »

He is to be the bandwagon for Day 1. Let us speedlynch, it has been proven by the past 3 AITP games on the forums. Let us make haste.

ZombieSlayer has been chosen for his contentful post, which is anti-town in a game which requires posts to without question be devoid of content except for votes so we can avoid leaving any clues to the identities of the khalifs. Go go go.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Primate »

JDodge wrote:

He is to be the bandwagon for Day 1. Let us speedlynch, it has been proven by the past 3 AITP games on the forums. Let us make haste.

ZombieSlayer has been chosen for his contentful post, which is anti-town in a game which requires posts to without question be devoid of content except for votes so we can avoid leaving any clues to the identities of the khalifs. Go go go.
This post is not devoid of content.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by JDodge »

Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:

This post is not devoid of content.
This post lays down what people need to know about AITP before we continue.

Less talky, more lynching ZombieSlayer.
stream

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Primate »

The solution to this game is to nominate a king who will make all lynching decisions. I nominate myself as this king.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by JDodge »

Primate wrote:The solution to this game is to nominate a king who will make all lynching decisions. I nominate myself as this king.
No. Vote ZombieSlayer.
stream

ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

JDodge is joking, right?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”