Newbie 1006 (Game Over|Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Newbie 1006 (Game Over|Scum Win)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Welcome To Newbie 1006

Moderator:
Robocopter87

Well. It has happened again. You would think that the towns would start setting up sentries to guard the town or know who their Police and Medical forces are but No. Once again two people invaded your little town. And its your job to smoke them out. using your wits and your vote, you shall succeed.

Also, Most of you won't survive.

Living Player List:

Wisakedjak
Neil1113 ((
Saint Kerrigan
) (
Razgriz
) (
Yellowbounder
) (
Rydonmower
))
Zachrulez (IC)

Dead Player List:

Spoiler: (Spoiled so that after the game is over people can read the game and try and guess who is scum and improve themselves)
Andrew94,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day One

Paschendale,
Doctor
, Shot Night One

gaulamos,
Goon
, Lynched Day Two

Boberz,
Vanilla Townie
, Shot Night Two

Wingless,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 3

Zdenek,
Vanilla Townie
, Shot Night Three
Last edited by Robocopter87 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:41 am, edited 20 times in total.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Rules:

General Rules

<1>My rule is Law, I settle debates. If you reject my rules then it shall result in a Modkill. Though I am awesome, I still make mistakes. Please do not hesitate to notify me when you think I have made a mistake.
<2>
Darkred Is my color don't use it. Using it will be seen as impersonating the mod, which is a punishable offense.

<3>If you have private communication with me, the mod. It has to be secret. I allow paraphrasing for Roleclaiming. If you don't know if your allowed to tell what was said then ask me first. Assume it is bad to do so before my answer.
<4>Time does not affect anything in this game unless it is a game mechanic. The use of Timestamps as a reason against someone is prohibited.
<5>You are
NOT
allowed to talk outside the thread with any other player unless specified in your role pm. This is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. I have seen people been banned from queues for breaking this exact rule. Don't get banned.
<6>Don't post the links to quicktopics that are used unless I give you permission. If you do, you will be modkilled.
<7>Claiming to be scum, is prohibited. If you are scum, you are not allowed to claim your partners name. If you do, you will be modkilled.
<8>Don't use small, invisible, or encrypted text. if I can't read it, its unacceptable.
<9>If you find loopholes in any of the rules and use them it is considered not good sportsmanship and is punishable. This doesn't apply to game mechanics of course. If you find a loophole that seems important please do not hesitate to notify me immediately.
<10>Personal grudges, are NOT acceptable. Period.
<11>HAVE FUN!!!!
<12>Modkills will be enforced, don't think I'm a coward. If you do something that is a modkill offense, It will be done in a way that hurts your faction. You will be changed to a nuetral surviver. And automatically lose. But don't constantly worry about breaking the rules, I understand if you accidentally do something you shouldn't.

Posting, Voting, Deadline and Death

<1>Deadlines are a fixed 3 weeks. If there is a replacement I might allow an extensions. Extensions will not be longer than 1 week. Period.
<2>If you are going to be on vacation or unavailable for some time please inform me in thread or through a PM.
<3>If your V/LA covers too long a time I will replace you.
<4>If you do not post in
hours you shall be prodded.
<5>If you do not respond to the prod in another
hours. You shall be replaced.
<6>If you get
prods, you shall be replaced automatically. I will be lax with this if you start posting efficiently after third prod.
<7>Votes must be bolded or will not be counted, if you make the mistake of voting without bolding I will inform you that your vote was not counted in thread.(Ex. VOTE: Playername) This should be made easier by the new vote and unvote tags.
<8>Unvotes are not required but appreciated. Please Unvote before posting.(ex. UNVOTE: Playername)
<9>Abbreviations are acceptable as long as I can clearly tell who you mean.
<10>Lynches will happen when a Majority is reached. Majority is half of available votes plus one rounded down.
<11>If players so choose, you can vote for No lynch. Normal Majority is required for a No Lynch to pass.
<12>If at deadline there is no Majority, a No Lynch will occur. If there is a tie at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
<13>Once there is a Majority, votes cannot be taken back. The decision is final.
<14>As soon as I have posted the scene of your death. You are no longer allowed to post in thread. I will allow 'Bah' posts as long as they are completely content less, and you are only allowed one.

Just Have fun, follow the rules, play to your Win condition, and you won't have any problems!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

In Newbie games there is four possibilities for setups.
1st Possibility~ 1 x Goon 1 x Roleblocker 7 x Townies
2nd Possibility~ 1 x Goon 1 x Roleblocker 1 x Doc 1 x Cop 5 x Townies
3rd Possibility~ 2 x Goon 1 x Cop 6 x Townies
4th Possibility~ 2 x Goon 1 x Doc 6 x Townies

The setup will be chosen at random. Also, if the goon dies in a setup with a Roleblocker the Roleblocker can block and kill at the same time still. And chose different targets if they so wish.

The following is the possible roles sent to players. Just because they are here do not mean they are in the game.

Town Faction PMs:

Vanilla Townie
Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Please Confirm by sending me a PM that says /confirm and your role name
Cop
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that persons guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Doctor
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
Mafia Faction PMs:

Goon
Mod wrote:

You are part of the local mafia along with your partner (PLayername) who is a (Partner Role here).
  • During the day, try to blend in with the town and atttempt to mislynch someone.
  • During the night cycle ONLY. You may talk in this quicktopic with your partner to discuss the strategy, kill and such. (Quicktopic).
  • Either you, or your partner, may send in the kill via pm by using the format
    Kill:Player
  • Both of the Mafia may talk in the quicktopic before the day starts during what is known as, Night 0. As soon as it is day though, you may not talk at all.
  • You win when the Mafia outnumber the town, or nothing can prevent the same. Whether you survive to the end or not.
RoleBlocker
Mod wrote:

You are part of the local Mafia along with your partner (PlayerName) who is a Goon.
  • During the Day, try and blend in with the Town and attempt to mislynch someone.
  • During the night cycle ONLY, you may talk with your partner in this quicktopic. (Quicktopic)
  • Being a Roleblocker, you may choose someone to not be able to use their night ability. Assuming they actually have a night ability.
  • During the night, when you and your partner have made a desicion, one of you PMs me the Kill. You the Mafia Roleblocker, send me who you want blocked in the format of
    Block:Player
    . Be specific on whether it is the kill or the Roleblock.
  • Before the game starts feel free to talk in the quicktopic to discuss an opening strategy. This is called Night 0. But as soon as it is Day, you may no longer speak in the topic till the next night.
  • You win when the Mafia outnumber the town or nothing can prevent the same. Whether you survive to the end or not.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

RolePMs will be going out very soon. Meaning right now.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

I stole gaulomos because [Your Name Here] never confirmed.

Day One starts now due to most people confirming.

|
:

Wisakedjak [0]
gaulomos [0]
Zdenek [0]
Paschendale [0]
Rydonmower [0]
Wingless [0]
andrew94 [0]
boberz [0]
Zachrulez[0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Wisakedjak, gaulomos, Zdenek, Paschendale, Rydonmower, Wingless, andrew94, boberz, Zachrulez

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

With 9 Alive it is 5 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Midnight of September 27th.

andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by andrew94 »

vote boberz
he is the only person i know
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Vote Zachrulez for lying right in his name.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by Zdenek »

VOTE ZACHRULEZ

Sorry about that.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by boberz »

Okay so andrew thinks that a 'random' vote coincidentally for the person he knows is random. So for clearly trying to misrepresent in the random vote stage, having his vote tactically on a player he obviously wants to mislynch me immediately.

Also the fact Zdenek is clearly trying to buddy Zach makes me very suspicious. There is no reason to apologise for a random vote so it is clearly a fear of someone striking in their first post.

vote zdenek
Cos he is clearly scum with andrew (I am not joking this is serious and I have so caught the scum already. Someone join me on this wagon it is looking hot.

A few questions:

How much mafia have you played?
How often are you planning to be online to play?
Who are you going to vote for?
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by Rydonmower »

Hi there, everypeoples! My name Rydonmower. Rydon, Ry, anything's cool as long as it's not Ryan. That is not my name.

So in answer to boberz's questions;
1. We played Mafia on school camp, while hiking up in the mountains. There were 15 of us including 3 scum, a doc and a cop.
2. I have a chronic lurking problem. I'll be sure to check the thread every day, and I'll put all my effort into posting while I'm at it. Uh... Don'tlynchmeplease?

3. Well now. bob's post was certainly very interesting. First off, he's claiming that a vote on 'the only person I know' isn't

Secondly, I think there's little misunderstanding going on there. I think Zdenek was apologising for forgetting to bold his vote, yet again, boberz jumps on that and tries to make it seem suspicious for no reason.

Last, bob feels that he has to not only reiterate his points, but actually assures us that he is right, then appeals to us to join on the wagon. Now, I haven't been playing long, but that seems like extremely,
extremely
scummy behaviour.

So, I may not stick to this, see if boberz or anyone else has a counterargument, but for now it's definately
VOTE: boberz
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Rydonmower »

Sorry, the first sentence in point 3 got cut off. Here it goes again.

3. Well now. bob's post was certainly very interesting. First off, he's claiming that a vote on 'the only person [andrew] knows' isn't a random vote. However andrew doesn't yet know anything about the way bob is behaving; how could he, he has the first post? Yet boberz seems to overreact right away, trying to handball the heat straight back to andrew for seemingly no cause.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:40 pm

Post by boberz »

But it wasnt random, it might have been policy, or just because he is scared of me. Or perhaps he thinks that because I know him I will take a random vote more readily without showing it for what it really is. Scummy.

Bandwagons are not scummy they are very protown, join me and Ill show you.

Unfortuantly I am guilty of everything you accuse me of you accuse me of Rydon but it just is not scummy. Why do you think scum would do what I have done? WHat si the logic behind it?
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by Rydonmower »

*strokes beard sagely*

Hokay, I hear what you're saying, but it's not quite enough to make me unvote. I'll wait to hear what everyone else has to say, then I'll think some more. But I'm still keeping my eye on you...
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by boberz »

No Rydon, don't wait for someone else to back either you or me then side with them make your own decision. Am I right or am I wrong?

Are bandwagons scummy, if so why?
Was andrew's vote 'random' if so why am I sucmmy for accusing him of it not being?
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by Rydonmower »

I'm not looking to 'side with' anyone just yet. I'm just waiting for new perspectives and more discussion. It's possible I'm making something reasonably big out of such little information.

Let's see... I don't think bandwagons are scummy, per se. But perhaps using them in conjunction with other things you mentioned in your post...? I don't know, I'm far from the expert. What I said was just conveying my gut reaction to what you said.
Akshully, reading over what I had said about bandwagons may have been a little too much. That was just my initial thought is all.

andrew's vote was random... but I can't come to a clear conclusion on the second part of the question. I need to ponder on that a little more.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:04 am

Post by boberz »

It clearly was not random, he even recognised it was because he had played with me before. That means it was not random it may be justifyable but it is not random.

Meanwhile zdenek is obv scum, cmon everyone jump on the wagon.
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Rydonmower »

Right, I should have been more clear about the andrew business.

The vote was random because 'I played with him before' is, as you say, not justifiable. He had the first post, he had no way of telling whether you were scum or not; but that doesn't make it any less random. When he made that post, everyone in the whole game had the exact same odds of being scum. Just because a vote has a (sometimes silly) reason for it, does not mean it's not random. Zdenek's vote illustrates this point.

But I don't think we need to be worrying about that right now, the discussion is getting a little too narrow. Carry on!
gaulamos
gaulamos
Townie
gaulamos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:17 am

Post by gaulamos »

andrew94's vote could have been random, but i find the randomizing factor of
"he is the only person i know"
to be very weird.

Zdenek's vote appears to be random, the part where he appologiezes seams to be related by the fact he didn't bolded his vote.

boberz post is very weird. You vote for someone basicly without no reason (you probably missunderstood the appologie) but yet you say:
"I am not joking this is serious and I have so caught the scum already. Someone join me on this wagon it is looking hot."

This looks so wrong to me... you're voting someone in the dark and yet you say you have caught scum already, even worst is that you ask people to join the bandwagon. This 2 acts to me are basic scum tells.
I have nothing against bandwagons, especially on the 1st day, but this one just seams to be leaded by a hidden motive.
I'm going to reply to your questions and i ask you to reply to them aswell, especially the 1st one.

How much mafia have you played?
--> I've started to play Mafia in a different board (where i still play today). Some rules are diferent there and i'm still adapting here. If i don't understand something due to this or due to language, i'll be asking for clarification. This is just my 2nd game here.
How often are you planning to be online to play?
--> I hope to be here everyday, but due to my work i might get called out and be absent for a couple of days (usually no longer than 3~4 days).
Who are you going to vote for?
--> I'm going to vote for the people i believe to be scum.
boberz wrote:Why do you think scum would do what I have done? WHat si the logic behind it?
Scum will try to get someone killed, asking for a bandwagon seams to be a good way for that.
The logic behind your moves? If you are scum, maybe something on the lines of "it's so obvious that no one is going to think i'm scum for posting scummy things so openly".

Rydonmower is voting for boberz because he thinks his reason for the voting is overreacting and he finds the
"join the wagon"
, in his words,
"extremely, extremely scummy behaviour"
. I find this to be logic and justified, despite that we have little information and not all people have posted yet, so this can also be wrong. We'll see... for now i'm holding my vote, waiting for everyone to speak up.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. --
Albert Einstein

---
Completed games: ~~ Newbie 986 - Town Win (D:N3) ~~ Newbie 1006 Mafia Win (D:D2) ~~
Ongoing games: ~~ to be announced ~~
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 am

Post by boberz »

So he roled a dice and it coincidentally landed on me, the player who he has played with before. I think not. Even if the vote looks silly there is motive behind it, there is nothing random in a random vote unless a random event is used to determine it, making the whole process pointless.

Zdenek's vote is just another example of a vote that looks random but in actual fact there was some kind of thought behind it. It is not random. SO it deserves to be analysed.

And how dare you say carry on. That is as much your responsibility as anyone elses. That is clearly an attempt to stifle discussion.

---

Cross post.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:27 am

Post by boberz »

@gaul.
boberz post is very weird.
Thank you.
you're voting someone in the dark
Not that in the dark really. He is scum after all.
leaded by a hidden motive
From what do you infer that I have a hidden motive. Or are you just saying that to justify what you just said? Any evidence of this?

even worst is that you ask people to join the bandwagon
Why is this worse? In fact why on earth is this bad. He is scum I made a pretty good case considering it is early game, people should join me.
Rydonmower is voting for boberz because he thinks his reason for the voting is overreacting and he finds the "join the wagon", in his words, "extremely, extremely scummy behaviour". I find this to be logic and justified, despite that we have little information and not all people have posted yet, so this can also be wrong. We'll see... for now i'm holding my vote, waiting for everyone to speak up.
But I asked him why it was scummy and he couldnt answer. So he didnt really find it funny, he was just a bit suprised I did something other than random vote and assumed it was scummy. It was not.
for now i'm holding my vote, waiting for everyone to speak up.
Cop out.
gaulamos
gaulamos
Townie
gaulamos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:55 am

Post by gaulamos »

boberz wrote:
boberz post is very weird.
Thank you.
I would say "your welcome" but i'm not really sure why you're thanking me. To me buddying is also a scum tell.
boberz wrote:
you're voting someone in the dark
Not that in the dark really. He is scum after all.
You can't know that for sure.
boberz wrote:
leaded by a hidden motive
From what do you infer that I have a hidden motive. Or are you just saying that to justify what you just said? Any evidence of this?
Saying someone is mafia is not true just because you say it. Other votes might been or not random, but yours is not. You thinking someone is scum doesn't actually makes them scum.
boberz wrote:
even worst is that you ask people to join the bandwagon
Why is this worse? In fact why on earth is this bad. He is scum I made a pretty good case considering it is early game, people should join me.
Once again you're assuming you're right and you can't be sure of that, unless you're scum or the cop.
boberz wrote:So he didnt really find it funny, he was just a bit suprised I did something other than random vote and assumed it was scummy. It was not.
It can be true, but i just can't accept your word for it. After all if your scum you'll be trying to trick me.
boberz wrote:
for now i'm holding my vote, waiting for everyone to speak up.
Cop out.
This is also so wrong... if you're town and you have spoted the Cop (and i'm not) you should have kept that information for yourself.
Revealing roles are only helpfull to the mafia, not to the town.
Also i don't see anything wrong in waiting for people to come on and post.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. --
Albert Einstein

---
Completed games: ~~ Newbie 986 - Town Win (D:N3) ~~ Newbie 1006 Mafia Win (D:D2) ~~
Ongoing games: ~~ to be announced ~~
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:05 am

Post by Rydonmower »

boberz wrote:So he roled a dice and it coincidentally landed on me, the player who he has played with before. I think not. Even if the vote looks silly there is motive behind it, there is nothing random in a random vote unless a random event is used to determine it, making the whole process pointless.
Hokay, first off, it is a random vote, for reasons I explained above.
boberz wrote:Zdenek's vote is just another example of a vote that looks random but in actual fact there was some kind of thought behind it. It is not random. SO it deserves to be analysed.
... There was no thought behind that vote. It was a silly jab at Zachrulez's username, nothing more.
boberz wrote:And how dare you say carry on. That is as much your responsibility as anyone elses. That is clearly an attempt to stifle discussion.
Okay, perhaps 'Carry on' wasn't the best phrase to use. I was suggesting we get on with the game, instead of getting stuck on trivial matters like what constitutes a random vote. But then you accuse me of 'attempting to stifle discussion?
1. If I were scum, attempting to stifle discussion would probably be picked out pretty quick, therefore, I would not do it.
2. The phrase 'Carry on' conveys that we should move on into more discussion, not stifling anything.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you're trying to cast suspicion on me for poor word choice.

[quote="boberz]
gaulamos wrote:Rydonmower is voting for boberz because he thinks his reason for the voting is overreacting and he finds the "join the wagon", in his words, "extremely, extremely scummy behaviour". I find this to be logic and justified, despite that we have little information and not all people have posted yet, so this can also be wrong. We'll see... for now i'm holding my vote, waiting for everyone to speak up.

But I asked him why it was scummy and he couldnt answer. So he didnt really find it funny, he was just a bit suprised I did something other than random vote and assumed it was scummy. It was not.
Hm? I thought I did a pretty good job of explaining why it was scummy. I had no comment regarding andrew's vote, but I did explain my reasoning behind your (likely scummy) use of bandwagoning.

Also, thank you very much, gaul.
:eek:
Unless you're scum trying to ally up with me... *head explodes*
Naw, I'll think about that much later. Thanks anyways.
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 am

Post by Rydonmower »

gaulamos wrote:
boberz wrote:
gaulamos wrote:for now i'm holding my vote, waiting for everyone to speak up.
Cop out.
This is also so wrong... if you're town and you have spoted the Cop (and i'm not) you should have kept that information for yourself.
Revealing roles are only helpfull to the mafia, not to the town.
Actually, I think boberz was accusing you of 'copping out', as in avoiding the issue at hand. I don't think he was referring to the role at all.

In the meantime, I have to say my suspicions on boberz have been set in stone. I highly doubt I'll be changing my vote before lynching time.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 am

Post by boberz »

I mean you copped out, meaning you wimped out of voting. An expression not referring to any kind of inspector!!!
Well there is something wrong. You are hedging your bets, not prepard to make a decision or a mistake. Sounds like a scum mentality to me.
It can be true, but i just can't accept your word for it. After all if your scum you'll be trying to trick me.
Wagon me to find out if I am lying then. You wont do anything sitting there paranoid.
Once again you're assuming you're right and you can't be sure of that, unless you're scum or the cop.
Stop talking about the cop. And whether right or wrong you should join me on the wagon, or wagon me.
Saying someone is mafia is not true just because you say it. Other votes might been or not random, but yours is not. You thinking someone is scum doesn't actually makes them scum.
Not many players use random number generators and those who do are wrong. So very few votes are random imo. Me thinking someone is scummy does make them worth a wagon though. Unless you are too scared of me finding out who is who.
I would say "your welcome" but i'm not really sure why you're thanking me. To me buddying is also a scum tell.
Tis you who complimented me so you are the guilty party.
You can't know that for sure.
No, but I am a fair bit more sure than anyone else atm.

---

Cross post.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:18 am

Post by boberz »

@Rydon: define random.

I dont care what kind of thought it was however stupid I am going to analyse them. Unless he turns up and tells me he roled a dice I am not going to consider it random.
Okay, perhaps 'Carry on' wasn't the best phrase to use. I was suggesting we get on with the game, instead of getting stuck on trivial matters like what constitutes a random vote. But then you accuse me of 'attempting to stifle discussion?
1. If I were scum, attempting to stifle discussion would probably be picked out pretty quick, therefore, I would not do it.
2. The phrase 'Carry on' conveys that we should move on into more discussion, not stifling anything.
1/ WIFOM (circular logic leading to nowhere)
2/ Well go and carry on then, after saying carry on you havent actually done that.
Hm? I thought I did a pretty good job of explaining why it was scummy. I had no comment regarding andrew's vote, but I did explain my reasoning behind your (likely scummy) use of bandwagoning.
Bandwagoning isnt scummy. You said why you thought it might be, but then I contradicted you and asked you for logic regarding why it might be scummy. You failed to explain this.

---
In the meantime, I have to say my suspicions on boberz have been set in stone. I highly doubt I'll be changing my vote before lynching time.
lol

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”