Newbie 1006 (Game Over|Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by Rydonmower »

Hi there, everypeoples! My name Rydonmower. Rydon, Ry, anything's cool as long as it's not Ryan. That is not my name.

So in answer to boberz's questions;
1. We played Mafia on school camp, while hiking up in the mountains. There were 15 of us including 3 scum, a doc and a cop.
2. I have a chronic lurking problem. I'll be sure to check the thread every day, and I'll put all my effort into posting while I'm at it. Uh... Don'tlynchmeplease?

3. Well now. bob's post was certainly very interesting. First off, he's claiming that a vote on 'the only person I know' isn't

Secondly, I think there's little misunderstanding going on there. I think Zdenek was apologising for forgetting to bold his vote, yet again, boberz jumps on that and tries to make it seem suspicious for no reason.

Last, bob feels that he has to not only reiterate his points, but actually assures us that he is right, then appeals to us to join on the wagon. Now, I haven't been playing long, but that seems like extremely,
extremely
scummy behaviour.

So, I may not stick to this, see if boberz or anyone else has a counterargument, but for now it's definately
VOTE: boberz
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Rydonmower »

Sorry, the first sentence in point 3 got cut off. Here it goes again.

3. Well now. bob's post was certainly very interesting. First off, he's claiming that a vote on 'the only person [andrew] knows' isn't a random vote. However andrew doesn't yet know anything about the way bob is behaving; how could he, he has the first post? Yet boberz seems to overreact right away, trying to handball the heat straight back to andrew for seemingly no cause.
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by Rydonmower »

*strokes beard sagely*

Hokay, I hear what you're saying, but it's not quite enough to make me unvote. I'll wait to hear what everyone else has to say, then I'll think some more. But I'm still keeping my eye on you...
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by Rydonmower »

I'm not looking to 'side with' anyone just yet. I'm just waiting for new perspectives and more discussion. It's possible I'm making something reasonably big out of such little information.

Let's see... I don't think bandwagons are scummy, per se. But perhaps using them in conjunction with other things you mentioned in your post...? I don't know, I'm far from the expert. What I said was just conveying my gut reaction to what you said.
Akshully, reading over what I had said about bandwagons may have been a little too much. That was just my initial thought is all.

andrew's vote was random... but I can't come to a clear conclusion on the second part of the question. I need to ponder on that a little more.
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Rydonmower »

Right, I should have been more clear about the andrew business.

The vote was random because 'I played with him before' is, as you say, not justifiable. He had the first post, he had no way of telling whether you were scum or not; but that doesn't make it any less random. When he made that post, everyone in the whole game had the exact same odds of being scum. Just because a vote has a (sometimes silly) reason for it, does not mean it's not random. Zdenek's vote illustrates this point.

But I don't think we need to be worrying about that right now, the discussion is getting a little too narrow. Carry on!
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:05 am

Post by Rydonmower »

boberz wrote:So he roled a dice and it coincidentally landed on me, the player who he has played with before. I think not. Even if the vote looks silly there is motive behind it, there is nothing random in a random vote unless a random event is used to determine it, making the whole process pointless.
Hokay, first off, it is a random vote, for reasons I explained above.
boberz wrote:Zdenek's vote is just another example of a vote that looks random but in actual fact there was some kind of thought behind it. It is not random. SO it deserves to be analysed.
... There was no thought behind that vote. It was a silly jab at Zachrulez's username, nothing more.
boberz wrote:And how dare you say carry on. That is as much your responsibility as anyone elses. That is clearly an attempt to stifle discussion.
Okay, perhaps 'Carry on' wasn't the best phrase to use. I was suggesting we get on with the game, instead of getting stuck on trivial matters like what constitutes a random vote. But then you accuse me of 'attempting to stifle discussion?
1. If I were scum, attempting to stifle discussion would probably be picked out pretty quick, therefore, I would not do it.
2. The phrase 'Carry on' conveys that we should move on into more discussion, not stifling anything.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you're trying to cast suspicion on me for poor word choice.

[quote="boberz]
gaulamos wrote:Rydonmower is voting for boberz because he thinks his reason for the voting is overreacting and he finds the "join the wagon", in his words, "extremely, extremely scummy behaviour". I find this to be logic and justified, despite that we have little information and not all people have posted yet, so this can also be wrong. We'll see... for now i'm holding my vote, waiting for everyone to speak up.

But I asked him why it was scummy and he couldnt answer. So he didnt really find it funny, he was just a bit suprised I did something other than random vote and assumed it was scummy. It was not.
Hm? I thought I did a pretty good job of explaining why it was scummy. I had no comment regarding andrew's vote, but I did explain my reasoning behind your (likely scummy) use of bandwagoning.

Also, thank you very much, gaul.
:eek:
Unless you're scum trying to ally up with me... *head explodes*
Naw, I'll think about that much later. Thanks anyways.
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 am

Post by Rydonmower »

gaulamos wrote:
boberz wrote:
gaulamos wrote:for now i'm holding my vote, waiting for everyone to speak up.
Cop out.
This is also so wrong... if you're town and you have spoted the Cop (and i'm not) you should have kept that information for yourself.
Revealing roles are only helpfull to the mafia, not to the town.
Also i don't see anything wrong in waiting for people to come on and post.
Actually, I think boberz was accusing you of 'copping out', as in avoiding the issue at hand. I don't think he was referring to the role at all.

In the meantime, I have to say my suspicions on boberz have been set in stone. I highly doubt I'll be changing my vote before lynching time.
Rydonmower
Rydonmower
Townie
Rydonmower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:33 am

Post by Rydonmower »

'Ello again, chaps.
Zdenek wrote:Rydonmower's a bit suspicious. I think his phonetic writing is an attempt to come across as laid back. While he also seems like he is trying to play the game very carefully. It seems a little dissonant.

VOTE Rydonmower
Haha. I can't say I ever thought my style of speech would come across as suspicious. Nope, with me, what you see is what you get. But thanks for pointing that out anyways.

I'm still pretty happy with my vote on boberz, but I don't think I'll be too disappointed if he's not lynched this evening.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”