Author Topic: Finale discussion  (Read 1247 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Finale discussion
« on: October 06, 2021, 04:44:47 pm »
Looks like Madame D. brought some strong pro Gustave energy to the jury. I wonder how influential she can be! Could Oracle’s Natalie White comp bear out? Would that make Richie into Russell and the Suzy move into his DD?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Finale discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 10:54:31 pm »
Btw, I love Richie!  I don't think he's actually like Russell of course, just that if Gustave is Natalie White, someone has to be Russell.  He definitely was very forceful with his way of seeing things though which I think we did get reflected in the Home Theater episodes successfully.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 08:17:28 am »
I am going to be devastated if Richie doesn't pull this one off. My god, he cares so much. I really hope the Jury can see that and gives it to him. Oracle and Gustave are great, but this means so much more to Richie. I think they'd both be content losing, but losing will crush him.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 10:40:09 am »
Will we have a live reveal in the MS discord of everyone who played and the winner or no?

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 11:30:36 am »
My interpretation of where votes are at.

Richie: Margot, Writer, Royal
Oracle: Herman, Buckley, Duke
Gustave:

???: Peter, Suzy, Madame

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 11:56:09 am »
Oracle: Herman, Buckley, Duke, Double A

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 12:52:49 pm »
Will we have a live reveal in the MS discord of everyone who played and the winner or no?
There is a Doodle to choose the time of the reveal, but yes the reveal will happen on here, but we will be together on voice over Discord as well.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 12:59:17 pm »
All of their questions to Oracle being that they don't have questions and just love him makes me irrationally angry, especially when they are stoning Richie out or asking him really tough questions. I get why some might vote for Oracle, but he played such a flawed game so even if you love him, there are questions you can ask.

Overall I really dislike the way this Jury is handling things so far. And it's very clear that Richie should have idoled out Oracle at this point. Oracle probably would've respected him for it. Suzy being so bitter really poisoned the Jury, but I guess Madame arrived at that conclusion independently so it probably really is something about how Richie handles people.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 01:07:21 pm »
Damn, you can say that Suzy is hypocritical and she probably is, but a raw emotional moment like that is extremely compelling. I'm glad to not be in Richie's shoes right now.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 01:38:00 pm »
There is a Doodle to choose the time of the reveal, but yes the reveal will happen on here, but we will be together on voice over Discord as well.

I need to know what time that will be at, so I can show up. When is the live reveal expected to happen? What day?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2021, 01:45:25 pm »

I need to know what time that will be at, so I can show up. When is the live reveal expected to happen? What day?

There is no time planned yet because as I said, there's a Doodle to schedule it. Fill it out to tell us your availability and we'll pick the best time for the most people.

https://doodle.com/poll/h7s737p4vhqaqive?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Eli Cash

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2021, 02:14:38 pm »
This jury is really depressing to read and frankly if Suzy actually feels that way about what she said in Richie's thread, then she definitely shouldn't be playing a game about lies and deception (she is also super hypocritical in this regard but whatever).

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2021, 03:19:12 pm »
Is peter actually gonna randomize their vote lmao

Eli Cash

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2021, 03:34:11 pm »
Probably, he is extremely salty over the whole Assistant Producer thing.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2021, 03:46:16 pm »
I really hate it. Randomizing your vote is not quirky or cool. It disrespects the players who put months of effort into this. I get that Peter hasn't been paying attention and hates that he doesn't have a full vote, but just read the speeches and make a choice based on them.

I get why Richie is boycotting it, but also man he needs Peter's vote. I just hope this game isn't decided by a randomized vote, although realistically I think Gustave would give the win the Oracle if there was a tie anyway so probably could only help Richie.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2021, 04:14:07 pm »
Come onnnnnnnn Buckley, Duke and Madame D. Come through and vote Richie! You know it's the right thing to do.

Nothing but love to Oracle and Gustave but they didn't even really believe in themselves.

I have faith in Margot and Young Writer and in Royal. So just needs two of Duke, Madame D., and Buckley or just one if he can accomplish a split vote. A 4-3-2.5 is very possible (or a 3.5-3-2 if Peter randomly goes to him).

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2021, 09:31:25 pm »
Suzy being so bitter really poisoned the Jury, but I guess Madame arrived at that conclusion independently so it probably really is something about how Richie handles people.
After they voted out Margot he said to both of them that he didn’t know if someone “put that idea into your head” and that kind of comment can feel pretty disrespectful. Then following that up with the revenge idol I think was not a good look.

When Peter was reacting to the Assistant Producer thing I was like oh man this might have been a bad idea, but if that’s why he’s doing the random thing then that’s kind of misdirected because it’s the finalists he’s taking it out on, so I hope it’s not that. Also, in all honesty, I’ve made the merge and missed the jury before and I didn’t like it! To me getting to be in the jury is good, and there really is a strong chance his vote could count here. :|  I do see he ended up asking Oracle some actual questions... Hm.  Now he asked one to Gustave.  Who knows what he's doing!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 11:20:53 pm by Wes Anderson »

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2021, 11:31:05 pm »
I think Oracle is screwing up by telling people that his whole pre-Royal speech attitude was an intentional play to lower his threat level.  Like, he's claiming in multiple threads he was mismanaging the jury on purpose, and the royal speech meant it had worked.  i really don't think that was his intent and I don't think people are going to buy it? 

just be honest that you were conflicted on votes, wanted to rebuild relationships and have options, but were doing that everywhere too hard and had to go back on promises just made.  Then Royal's post showed him the light that this was poisoning the jury and he learned and pivoted...

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2021, 11:44:57 pm »
Quote from: Oracle to Writer
I made the active choice not to mention anything to you because I needed a black stain on my jury management card to progress further in this game.
It's not like other players in the game know he didn't PM Writer back or that he said he didn't vote for him the first time because that's not what friends do!

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2021, 12:44:56 am »
I hope the finalists are doing well but I really cannot be bothered to click on all these threads

Eli Cash

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2021, 12:59:14 am »
Suzy is SO self absorbed and hypocritical, jesus christ.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2021, 01:08:13 am »
I didn’t think her post in the Richie thread was too intense? Like, you hurt me and I cried but I’m not cursing you out and I guess I’m some way I respect you— ok fine?

It’s never gonna happen but I hope so bad she somehow votes for Richie, that would be just perfect.

Eli Cash

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2021, 01:12:41 am »
"A loyal game to the end." Sure, let's ask Herman Blume and Young Writer what they think about Suzy's loyalty.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2021, 01:13:34 am »
Also I know I need to think this since I set it up but I like this formatting. It’s just so organized and I’m also happy to be throwing back to the old school approach where each juror gets their moment. The jury round table change on the show is fine with me, I reserve my ire for f4 fire, but this does feel good and pure.

And the privacy is a fun way just to be a little different and innovative while also helping finalists who best understand what actually went on in the game. No copying off your neighbors!

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2021, 01:18:20 am »
"A loyal game to the end." Sure, let's ask Herman Blume and Young Writer what they think about Suzy's loyalty.
Oh yeah she’s not without hypocrisy, that’s for sure. although tbf she never actually turned on Herman the round he went out, just trusted Richie with information she shouldn’t have. But he sure blames her for it plus she didn’t fill him in on the flip at 10. Hypocrisy is pretty natural when experiencing these games in your own subjective way. They’re all hypocrites except maybe Gustave who probably is rolling over a little too hard for my liking. I think neither Gustave or Oracle are giving fence sitters exactly what they’re looking for so far. But are these “fence” jurors actually willing to vote Richie? 🤔