Author Topic: {Margot Tenenbaum}  (Read 293 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
{Margot Tenenbaum}
« on: October 05, 2021, 04:04:14 am »

Jury questions from Margot Tenenbaum will go here.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Margot Tenenbaum}
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 09:06:23 am »
Hello, brother. Congratulations for making it to this point. I am so proud of you.

I will cut straight to business. There were a number of rounds in which it seemed you were rather alienated from the rest of the game at large. You admitted some frustrations to me in that everything you said seemed to be getting leaked instantly. In fact, it seemed for at least one period of time everyone was treating you as either untrustworthy or an inevitable elimination.

How did you manage to get through this stage of the game, both mentally and strategically? Did you find yourself having to shift tactics? Or was it more of a weather-the-storm situation?

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 09:33:34 am »
Thank you Margot, that means a lot to me.

The conversation we had about my frustration with leaks and with no one trusting me was part of my strategy to begin reestablishing our formerly close connection.  It's fair to say I oversold how frustrated I actually was.  I relied on the fact that anything I would say about you being a big threat and needing to vote against you as soon as you weren't immune was an inevitable leak but also an easy thing to explain as a talking point.  You understood yourself that everyone would be discussing something along those lines.

No doubt there were a number of players who really did see me as an untrustworthy player inevitably to be eliminated.  Specifically I would say this was the place I occupied in the strategic plans of Duke, Oracle and M. Gustave.  But Suzy, Madame D. or Royal saying anything along those lines was quite an effective bit of distancing on our parts, combined with my little pity party.  I'm not saying this game wasn't mentally taxing at times because Survivor always is, but I was projecting more stress than I was really feeling when it was a beneficial narrative.  Strategically the major tactical shift was to activate the Rings with Madame D., after which she joined Suzy and Royal in the echelon of players who I trusted implicitly to have my back.  Beyond that, it was engaging with you that allowed me to not just survive but move into the next stage of the game in a good position.

Your brother,
Richie

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 01:39:51 am »
Was there any point this game you wish you had done something differently? Do you have any regrets?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 01:54:57 am »
From a strategic standpoint, my one major regret is that I didn't tell Royal about the vote against Madame D. at final ten.  This was a twofold mistake because it ended in Writer going home and it shook the trust Royal had in me.  Madame D. staying in the game sent us down a different path where I still found success, but even not knowing whether I would still be sitting here at the end in the alternate reality where she went home on that vote I know I didn't play that round perfectly.

On a personal level, I do regret that my attempt to play a game based on loyalty and personal connection led to and endgame where I hurt the very people I cared about the most.  But to do anything differently would be to play the entire game differently.  I don't regret making the strategic decisions I needed to make to give myself a chance to win the game.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 03:28:59 am »
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 03:34:26 am »
Cookies & Cream!