Author Topic: Royal Tenenbaum: 7th Place  (Read 192 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Royal Tenenbaum: 7th Place
« on: October 03, 2021, 09:19:34 am »

Leave thoughts about Royal here.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Tenenbaum: 7th Place
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 02:45:34 pm »
Royal, I really don't know what to say to you either. I kinda just hated you from the start as a slot, since my early plan was to vote out Francis, and you coming in just... screwed that up. But, that's Survivor! I can't be mad at you for how you played, and I genuinely did kinda hope you'd make it to the end.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 02:04:34 am »
I already said it in your jury thread, and I'll probably say it again in my post-game thoughts too, but I really appreciate you helping us out in that tight situation I got us into early.  You ended up making yourself into a contender despite this being a game you never really would be able to contend in, which I recognize as a big sacrifice on your end.  But I was heartened to read some of your thoughts where you said the ability to play so loosely made this game one of the more fun experiences you've had recently. 

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 05:28:26 am »
Royal I put in a lot of effort to keep you in the game, and I'm not really sure why.  I had hoped that we would have a "secret" alliance or something like that but it just didn't work out.  I felt like I wasn't on my A+ game this time around and it showed.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 06:51:52 am »
Royal thank you so much for stepping in and helping us out when we were in a tight spot! You had limited time to devote to this game, but you showed how great of a player you are by doing so well anyway. At first we thought you might be an early boot, especially when you bid on those items, but it soon became clear that you were in it for the long haul, and it was so impressive to see how effortlessly you got yourself into that position. Thanks again for helping us out, and I'm glad that you enjoyed this game so much.