Author Topic: Steve Zissou: 17th Place  (Read 195 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Steve Zissou: 17th Place
« on: October 03, 2021, 09:07:06 am »

Leave thoughts about Steve here.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Zissou: 17th Place
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 09:54:04 am »
Steve, I think you might be the most robbed premerge player this game. You had so much potential and were eliminated primarily because of your association with Foxy. It's awful to get taken out because of someone else's mistakes, and if you hadn't been guilty by association, I think you could have gone much farther and made a real crack at this. Even the fact that the vote was you instead of Max seemed mostly arbitrary. I'm sorry that it turned out this way, because I was really looking forward to seeing your game.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 02:34:06 pm »
Genuine, honest-to-god thoughts - I'm still not fully over you trying to vote out Buckley behind my back. XD
Knowing me, I'm never going to get over it, and if we talk outside of this game, I'm gonna keep joking about it though. You, Max, and Buckley genuinely made the game for me, and like, are part of the reason why I just don't regret playing in the first place, even though I spent a minority of the time actually playing, and let my alters do most of the game in my stead.

You were an absolute pleasure to talk to, and someone I genuinely wished didn't go out as early as you did, since I think if you made it to late-game, there would've been a lot of potential for you.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 01:48:06 am »
Cosigning that you were the most robbed player.  Not only were you in a strong alliance but you weren't closed off to the people outside of it, and you were trying to protect and plan with other players too.  It almost seems down to an interpretation error on behalf of your counterparts that they'd think you needed to go there when you did, given that you were open to doing new things with them, but I guess pawns do go home and there was the factor of Buckley sheltering Fox as well.  Either way, it was for sure a bad beat, but I'm glad you got to feel the thrill of playing this time around and only wish it lasted longer.  Thanks for following along post-boot, and I hope (after some much deserved time off) you get to make a deep run at one of these!

Klaus Daimler

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 10:51:57 pm »
You seemed like a really strong player who got unlucky. You made this game really enjoyable and I'm glad I got to play with you.

It was also pretty cool to RP a bit of life aquatic, even if I haven't seen that in years lol.