Author Topic: Chapter 13  (Read 264 times)

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter 13
« on: September 29, 2021, 09:06:08 pm »

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 13
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 09:27:36 pm »
Well that was a bust

Argh!

I promised myself that if I won immunity I would do something interesting here and consider getting Gustave and Oracle together to vote Margot or Suzy or something, with the hope of going to rocks, but I'm not sure if that's something I can do now. Hmmmmm, maybe if Oracle or Gustave win immunity it will still be an option for me. There is hope.

I will make this Final 6 another tie vote damn it!

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 07:54:36 pm »
Gustave
[close]

I cannot escape the fact that Gustave is essentially telling me that he has moved on, and now has not only one, but two new lovers. AND I'M NOT EVEN DEAD YET!

He probably could have played me harder and I might have fallen for it, so I appreciate his honesty. But I also think it forces my hand. I cannot let Margot or Richie go here, because it means that then I am at the mercy of Oracle, Gustave and Suzy.

I also think that Suzy probably votes for Gustave/Oracle here, because why would she have created the Khaki Scouts otherwise? But I wouldn't rule out her freaking out and deciding that Margot is too much of a threat.

Out of everyone, my ideal vote here is Suzy, but I just don't think she's very touchable and that bothers me! I'll probably need to actually be at the end with her and I don't like that at all.

The other option is to go for a Margot/Richie/Madame F3 and just go for gold! All the heavy hitters! (well I don't know if it's conceited to call myself a heavy hitter honestly. Who knows?)

AAAAHHHHH this is going to end with me getting to the end and losing, isn't it?

No

No

It's okay

I'll just be very creative with my final tribal council speeches.

It'll be okay

It'll be okay

It'll be okay

AAAAGGHHH/dgfgesd,x/cb

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 08:03:34 pm »
I think my actual ideal is for this to be a tie vote of Suzy/Oracle/Gustave vs. Me/Margot/Richie, go to rocks and (obviously) have one of Oracle or Suzy (preferably Suzy) go.

In some ways the 1/3 chance of me going would be worth it if there's a 1/3 chance of Suzy going.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 06:49:49 am »
ehhh I’m going for it, Suzy told me she would prefer to vote Margot and so I said let’s just do it. I think my tendency is to play too safe and play someone else’s game instead of my own which I certainly wouldn’t be doing if I voted Margot out.

I also have to make sure that I’m not just betraying an ally pointlessly but I don’t think I am.

It might blow up in my face but if it does then that’s okay.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 09:27:44 am »
Can you walk us through why you made this move and where you plan to go from here?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 09:41:37 am »
Additionally, it seems you never filled Richie in on the move.  What was the reasoning there?

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 02:04:22 pm »
Thank you for the questions!

I do feel some amount of move-maker's remorse after the decision, particularly because Margot had always been loyal to me and really didn't deserve that. There's also the obvious possibility that Gustave, Oracle and Suzy run the game from here, the chance of which I had been aware of but may have underestimated.

But I expect I also would have felt regret at not making the decision. Obviously I don't have the insight into the Producer's views that you do, but I expect there would be at least some prominence of the perception that I was a less threatening version of Margot, or, with the rings as Producer knowledge, that I was playing Richie's game rather than my own after he had almost successfully blindsided me. This was my way of separating my game from Margot's and Richie's.

Even beyond Producer perception, I don't think I would have felt satisfied with my own game in just continuing the status quo. I wanted to play in a dynamic and exciting way, a game where I could work with anyone, pull off moves with multiple different people. Perhaps if I am not able to infiltrate Gustave, Suzy and Oracle and make my way to the end, then it is for me a sign of failure that means I was not meant to win this game.

But that brings me to the plan from here. It's tricky. My intention was to use the round to form closer bonds with Oracle and Suzy, but I cannot be confident that they would let go of Gustave. There's a possibility of me using Suzy's closeness with Richie against her, but I don't know if that would be convincing to Gustave at all, since I expect that he fully intends on trying to get me out.

As for not filling Richie in, that in large part came down to me wanting to foster a bond with Suzy. I wanted her to lead on whether to fill Richie in beforehand or not (and she never answered whether she wanted to tell him or not). I worried that if I had told Richie, he would have tried to get Suzy to vote for Oracle and that would reduce Suzy's trust in me.

Right now, I'm not very concerned about the fact that I didn't tell Richie, but I am still concerned that voting Margot out was not the right move there. Maybe I'm banking on Oracle freaking out about what Royal said and not wanting to do that again to me too. Maybe I'm banking on Suzy actually wanting an endgame with Richie open as an option and either that increasing my chances or increasing my chances of turning things on Suzy. Maybe I'm banking on unrealistic hope.

Time will tell, but I'd rather fail through action than inaction.