Author Topic: Round 10: bark fucking- im too old for this dog shit  (Read 679 times)

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Round 10: bark fucking- im too old for this dog shit
« on: September 24, 2021, 09:23:26 am »
Not sure what happens next. Literally thought things would work out and now I guess it’s just try to get a good elo placement.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 10: bark fucking- im too old for this dog shit
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 10:08:50 am »
Actually in hindsight this was kind of what I needed even though I've lost several years off my life. With herman gone, the amount of goats left in this game (if they really are goats, squinty eyes at Royal) are getting smaller and smaller. Therefore, it's time to re-assess.

Margot and I know the key to this game is going for threats and non-threats alternating. So next the only big threat left is Richie, though I'm going to have to suss that one out because there's a very good chance they are working together.

Here is where I have the threat order at currently:

Richie
Madame
Margot
Me
Gustave
Suzy
Duke
Royal

Now this is just my perception and I'm not even sure this is correct. But I think especially after this round I'm now closer to the middle which is where I prefer playing from anyways. This is one of the most competitive final 8s I've ever been part of. This is one of the most "advanced" standard games I have ever been a part of.

Like doggod damnit I wanted an easy game with pushovers, was that so much to ask for?

But in any case, I'm also weirdly having fun? I don't know. That whole round was a clusterfuck.

I don't even know where to begin. But I guess now it's just a matter of luck on whether or not I get higher than 7th.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 03:43:34 pm »
I'm still aiming for a final 4 of me/duke/gustave/suzy. I think it's our best hope.

To get there though, we need people to turn on Richie, meaning Duke and I need to sell ourselves to Madame and Margot this round and literally take any target offered.

I suppose I could also offer Royal, but like Royal is out for blood. He knows what's at stake if we let Madame, Margot and Richie get farther.

Assuming we get through this round though I think I'm safe till 5 or 4. Then some of this boils down to chance that I have no control over depending on challenges.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 05:42:58 pm »
So apparently it was gustave not suzy.

This is even less great.

Whatever. I can’t let this phase us.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 01:12:59 am »
Whatever. You do shit and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. I still think margot madame richie and royal are all bigger threats than me so I think I’ll be fine here but who knows anymore.

I’m not spiraling, and from a spec perspective this might seem like dumb things are happening and that I’m indecisive. Literally these are some of the best professional liars I have ever played with and it’s hard to know who the fuck sits where.

This is one of the toughest games I have ever played and I have played a lot. So I’d ask for a little leniency if you are ripping me apart in the spec lounge. I am not perfect and I don’t have the full story of what the fuck is going on right now. This is also fucking difficult to do with a full time job.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 01:30:19 am »
Swap gustave and royal on my list of where people stand then I think that’s relatively accurate.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 05:06:50 am »
Fuck it I’m going to play Richie’s game this round:

Yeah, it seems like there was a lot of finger pointing going on and I'm hesitant to really be like, okay Suzy is now public enemy #1!!! or something silly like that.

Yeah, I have a feeling Richie has been making pitches to everyone in a desperate attempt to find something that'll help him survive the next round or two. He's been trying to tell me that all the former Ivanhoes (which excludes him? I guess?) are going to band together for next round. I'm sure he's telling similar things to well... everyone?

Oh, so that's a net positive for you at least? That's awesome! I'm sorry you had to go through a good bit of stress to get there but I hope everything works out in the end. Yeah, at least it's not coinciding with a Tribal Council phase, I don't think I could handle that right now!

Well I'm sort of not looking forward to my term starting next week, especially because we're back in person which is going to be a huge system shock. But I'm sure I'll settle back into the groove pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to October! Which is one of my favorite months because I love all the classic fall activities like Halloween and haunted houses and pumpkin patches and things like that

I just feel like even if suzy was that person and is someone we need to cut in a round or two (because we need a non threat next if we go richie), that I still think I’d want to go richie here because I’m just so sick of the half truths and scare tactics.

That sounds like the pitch richie has to make to survive. Like what else is he supposed to say? I mean my faith in suzy is shaken at this point and I know she leaked to richie that I was going to flip the round prior since i got a ton of messages from him frantically. He has been painting you as “the obvious person to go if you lose.” Which obviously fuck that noise.

Im about to go back from lunch. I’ll respond to the rest on a break!

Richie hasn’t actually said that but at this point he has said so many half truth untrue things margot’s going to believe me. To be fair he did say that a few rounds ago, but he is actually telling her the truth this time. But fuck that, Richie can go suck a pile of ding dongs. Time to crush him under the bus once and for all. Goodbye Regina George.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 05:41:59 am »
If richie becomes immune there is a very real possibility this round goes to rocks.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 06:12:13 am »
Yeah I’m not interested in pushing Suzy here, and honestly I’m not even mad at her for last round. I think it’s Richie’s time to go. I feel like everyone has at least one reason to want him out and I certainly don’t trust him. I have no doubt about what you’re saying about him setting me up. I’m sure he’s been talking to everyone else too trying to get the best situation for himself, and that just seems too dangerous to continue allowing in this game.

Oh my god did that actually work?! Is this how you get away with spreading misinformation?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 06:34:16 am »
Like there’s no way Margot is buying this right?

Well if not then its rocks worse case.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 08:37:46 am »
Literally fuck me haha.

Good on Richie though! He needed it and I can’t even be mad.

Alright folks this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 08:46:16 am »
Like Richie has to be the spec favorite at this point haha. There is no way he isn’t.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 09:45:23 am »
Now that I have a moment of not being a target I'm gonna take some time to investigate who has really been pushing my name.  Anything you can share on that front?  I'm sure you'd be someone they're trying to get on board for that.

How do you say everyone, without saying everyone?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 10:40:47 am »
I personally have no idea what the next 24 hours will bring. And like while I want to win really bad because how often do I get this far in a game, the other part of me wouldn't hate being voted out so I can go back to having some semblance of a normal life.

Like obviously no one wants to be voted out, but I feel this game taking up all of my free time and it's starting to feel like a job.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 11:52:25 am »
Is the internship you're mentioning in public chat real?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 12:05:32 pm »
Is the internship you're mentioning in public chat real?

No I'm not even in school haha. But it's the story I started with and have been rolling with to hide my ID.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 12:52:01 pm »
I would say more to you lovely spectators, however I don't want to ID myself and saying anything further about what my job is. You don't want me to ruin the surprise do you?

Bark bark!

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 01:31:18 pm »
I also suppose I could just say I have "a job" but I wanted to be a little extra and was bored and made up this whole story about having an internship and class. Also gets me in the creative writing mood which I enjoy thoroughly. Also I can just blame things on like classes being tough or like bad days at the internship or whatever.

It's fun haha.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 04:55:56 pm »
The big name out there right now is Margot, with a side of Gustave.

But this feels too easy and I know Richie well enough that I feel like he isn't one to just sit back and let the game happen. He's going to happen to the game. So even though he says he wants Margot. He may actively be trying to force rocks here.

The other problem with this, is that if it does tie and he indirectly makes Margot immune then it's literally the worst case for the newly formed 4vanhoes (in honor of the 5vanhoes)

Then if we lose, we can just for the 3vanhoes afterwards haha.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 07:22:19 pm »
Do you like any of these?

Iv4nhoe
Ivanho3
Ivantwo
1vanhoe
Ivanh0e

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 08:07:53 pm »
LOL @ Ivanh0e

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 08:28:19 pm »
I think I missed the point of the exercise since they’re pronounced Number-vanhoe.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2021, 01:23:26 am »
Do you like any of these?

Iv4nhoe
Ivanho3
Ivantwo
1vanhoe
Ivanh0e

Not going to lie, I snorted.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2021, 01:25:40 am »
Richie and I basically butted heads last night and Richie made an image of a "good enough summary of the conversation". It made me laugh, and I'm sure he shared it already, but here you go specs:

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 02:19:36 am »
I seriously have no idea how this day progresses.

I have no idea if we are about to go to rocks. Here is my stream of consciousness I had with the mods today in discord:

"okay here is what I think is happening
I think
THINK
Richie is trying to send this to rocks
why do I think this?
He just claimed he thinks the majority will be there
but like Duke and Royal haven't even given true thoughts
plus he claims that Gustave is going to want Margot despite Gustave not being around
supposedly
so what does the real gain feel like?

Richie probably feels like he needs Margot around as a shield
so if he gets me/suzy/gustave/duke to tie the vote on Margot and we go to rocks, then he and Margot are safe another round regardless of what happens.
I don't have definitive proof but that just feels like what I have to glean from this DM with him."

I'm not spiraling yet because we still have 6 hours for shit to hit to fan. But man I need people to speak up more about what they want here because making Margot immune on accident is literally a worst case scenario.