Author Topic: Act 2: Special Budget Double Feature  (Read 683 times)

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Act 2: Special Budget Double Feature
« on: September 11, 2021, 11:33:37 am »
wooo new people. i like it. alreday getting some info.

young writer has the knife. i need that fucking knife. young writer also has the schematics and fucking told everyone i have the pellet advantage so i'll probably use the double vote right away. which is good. a 7 person tribal and i have 2 votes and currently sit in the majority.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Act 2: Special Budget Double Feature
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 11:54:36 am »
We just got a knife... we just got a knife... we just got a knifeee i wonder what it does!

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 12:50:17 pm »
YOUNG WRITER GAVE YOU THE KNIFE BUT SPREAD THE WORD. WHICH ONE HOLDS MORE WEIGHT TO PETER?

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 01:52:49 pm »
eh i get wanting to help your tribe. he told everyone what the schematics said because he's a good guy and i appreciate that. but that tribe is a lot more tight knit than i wished. i hope that i can make little connections here and there and make it out of whatever pagong is happening. we're going to be down to 6 players after this tribal council :/

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 02:00:24 pm »
WHY DO YOU FEEL IVANHOE IS TIGHT?

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 12:33:02 am »
because!!!!! IDK!!!! that's a pointed question snoopy!!! what do you know

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 12:39:41 am »
but that tribe is a lot more tight knit than i wished.

you tell me?

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 02:05:47 am »
SNOOPY CLEARLY DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING. THAT IS WHY PETER MUST TELL SNOOPY FOR SNOOPY TO KNOW.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 08:28:17 am »

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2021, 08:54:56 am »
YOU KNOW I LOVE A GOOD MUTINY

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 08:55:22 am »
THAT'S LIKE MY THING~!

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 08:02:49 am »
forgot to mention i got this from young writer:

[spoiiler= young writer thoughts on tribe]
Our own tribe is an amorphous blob, well not amorphous, more of an emulsion really. Little pockets here and there clearly blending together, though it's form will not hold unless very specific conditions are held.

The main three people in terms of activity seem to be Suzy, Oracle and Richie, though I would be hard pressed to call them alligned rather than just friendly, as it's unclear who Oracle's truest friends and Suzy was probably the person the first boot was the closest to. As such they will likely be what remains of the tribe in the future, but will likely find themselves in a somewhat cold war. That being said, at the moment there are a few outsiders, though even they have ties to the big 3.

Sam and Herman are both less...active, and I tend to try and go for longer messages (though when this fails it just hurts my position with less active people), but Herman is close to Suzy and Sam is...I don't know what Sam has going on but they seem much too smart to know nothing, though Sam seems to be close to Gustave who is probably alligned with Oracle, but wary of Oracle and Suzy. Then there's Anthony who is the Buckley position of the tribe. Unlikely to make any super big moves but not to be underestimate. The only one I have no read on is Duke, who has been more busy than I have and appears to have a weird time zone to go with it, but produces good content.

I would prefer you keep most of that knowledge hush hush, but I'd very much like us to have a good relationship in the future where we can freely share information.[/spoiler]

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2021, 08:03:40 am »
which is all super helpful. i hope i get to mutiny and get to use this!

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2021, 08:13:59 am »
i wanted to share this with madame and margot as one of us will mutiny but im tired and want to take a nap....

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 08:35:31 am »
Welcome to your new tribe! How do you feel about this outcome?

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2021, 09:50:51 am »
I'm excited! I did choose it after all. Though I do wish I got a pack of mendls for myself. Would have helped with the negotiations. I might just tell people I was given one to keep them on their toes. See if that information travels.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 01:54:10 pm »
so it seems like ~drama~ happened yesterday and sam was trying to get the votes on herman and/or young writer and got caught for it. i got this information from gustave and young writer. it seems like herman and sam are likely votes because of it.

got this from gustave:

gustave
ok, i'll try to tell you... it's very awkward to do without feeling like i'm putting names out there. there has been a hell of a lot of confusion and misinformation since yesterday or so. since that time, almost everyone's name has supposedly been brought up, but i really doubt much of that actually happened. before mass chaos began, the preferred targets seemed to be coalescing as: sam, duke, herman, anthony. most people seemed to be down for 2 or 3 of them but strongly against voting the others on that list. if my name was out there, i didn't know about it.

that's the complete list to my knowledge. i'm not going to order you to vote a certain way, talk to people, feel them out, and then decide. i have my preferences, but i want to let you acclimate before foisting them on you.
[close]

and this from anthony:

anthony's pm
Makes sense, it has been very hectic and now we actually have information on who is going to be here for the tribal.

I think Oracle/Herman are on board with a auto vote the newbie plan (although Oracle seems to be considering other options now), but Writer and I are against it, I've heard nothing else about it from anyone else, though.

I don't think Duke is going home despite being more towards the bottom, so that leaves you, Herman, and Sam, I think. Most people seem split between the two, but Oracle and I are leaning Herman and Writer is leaning Sam, I think.
[close]

I'm still trying to get a handle on dynamics and alliances but it feels pretty clear sam and herman are the two primary targets, with me being a good backup people could compromise on. Though I'd hope they'd vote the people they actually have beef with and not the one just trying to meet everyone.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 01:58:26 pm »
i kind of snapped at oracle about the fact that he's being tightlipped. i'm trying to get his opinion on the whole herman/sam/me vote and told him pretty frankly people told me he would consider voting me. i don't know if that was a good idea or not but i hope he appreciates honesty. usually i walk away from more honest pms getting information i want.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 02:02:31 pm »
it's just annoying because it feels like oracle is at the center of the tribe! people seem to respect him and he's relatively active so that helps. but the fact that he doesn't want to engage with me is so grating and it feels like if i don't win him over, i'm dead in the water. which might just be me catastrophizing but perception is reality.

i'll talk to young writer and see if he can peel off sam a bit and just go with a herman vote. i think sam/herman are working together though so i should probably hear out what they are trying to say. i say that because sam passed along a message of "herman likes you" blah blah to me. so it's surprising they are being pitted against each other.

is it surprising actually?

probably not. if they are in the minority that makes sense to pit them against each other. and if they are in the minority they may need me.... hmmm

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 12:00:25 am »
I told Sam/Herman that the votes are coalescing around them. Sam revealed him and Herman are working together to get something else to happen and just need me, my double vote, and someone else to get SOMETHING off the ground.

Great... you need me to vote with you but won't give me a name? I told them explicitly I'm down to help the little guy but I need a name and assurance it's possible. It doesn't seem like it right now but I'm willing to put in the leg work to make a flip happen. I didn't come here to serve the interests of a majority Ivanhoe group.

But damn, I see why they were on the bottom. Herman asked ME... MEEE COMING IN DURING THE MIDDLE OF TRIBAL what the source of his name was. You mean the person who's just learning all these things now is the first person you reach out to regarding your name being said? They're making it really hard to try and save them.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 12:10:17 am »
"I think a vote is being settled on, but again before I say it, I want to be absolutely sure and I don't want to give conflicting information that turns out not to be the truth because enough rumor goes around on this tribe as is haha. Tail wag, bark bark!"

From Oracle.

I'm not just going to sit here and wait for you to give me a vote man. That's the easiest way to spur anyone from wanting to work with you ever.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2021, 12:12:35 am »
it's just annoying because it feels like oracle is at the center of the tribe! people seem to respect him and he's relatively active so that helps. but the fact that he doesn't want to engage with me is so grating and it feels like if i don't win him over, i'm dead in the water. which might just be me catastrophizing but perception is reality.

i'll talk to young writer and see if he can peel off sam a bit and just go with a herman vote. i think sam/herman are working together though so i should probably hear out what they are trying to say. i say that because sam passed along a message of "herman likes you" blah blah to me. so it's surprising they are being pitted against each other.

is it surprising actually?

probably not. if they are in the minority that makes sense to pit them against each other. and if they are in the minority they may need me.... hmmm

For further context, I got a response which was essentially Oracle admitting to being guarded considering all the rumors that have been floating around. Which is fair. I'm a new person and he doesn't know my intentions. But I wasn't the one who spread the rumors. I wasn't the one tarnishing your name.

He obviously seems comfortable enough in his position that he doesn't need me. He's not giving me anything and that's totally fair. But there are some people who do really want my connection, so I think I'll be going along with those people, thank you very much.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2021, 12:14:22 am »
Also oracle mentioned people that he was a duo with Suzy? But i feel like i never got that? Like I got that he was wary of Suzy.

so note to self, watch for that suzy / oracle connection. It seems rather interesting.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 01:01:29 am »
herman plz... plz give me something im begging. why am i always cursed to wanting to help the newbies and why are all the newbies so incapable of receiving advice!!!

i told him explicitly you gotta throw out a name if your back is against the wall. let's see if he takes the advice. if he doesn't he's dug his own grave.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 01:02:42 am »
everyone keeps asking me about my double vote as if i tried keeping it a secret lol i've told everyone i could! that's what you're supposed to do with powers right? be super forward so no one speculates :P