Author Topic: {Waiting Room}  (Read 804 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
{Waiting Room}
« on: September 03, 2021, 03:01:01 am »
We very much appreciate your being willing to volunteer as a replacement player.  For now, you can only see this confessional and the public forums, but someday you will blossom into a full player or a spectator and see so much more!  Thank you once again.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Waiting Room}
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 03:03:11 am »
Hey of course!

I don't mind hanging around as a designated challenge step in if needed either :) If you need me, I'll be here.

Jane Winslett-Richardson

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 12:57:00 pm »
welcome to the game! good luck

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 01:09:50 pm »
Thank you!

Sounds like I'm going to need it!!!

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 02:11:24 pm »
HELLO FELLOW REPLACEMENT. SNOOPY BLOSSOMED FASTER LEAVING YOU TO DO ALL THE HARD WORK. SNOOPY APOLOGIZES FOR LEAVING YOU IN THE DUST.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 07:37:56 pm »
I guess this is my confessional?

I don't know how much the mods have disclosed to y'all, but I'm a replacement of the replacement. They reached out to me a few hours ago to see if I could replace the person who just replaced in, and I'm working on repairing the damage presently. This is a weird position to be in.

The good news is, I feel like I have the liberty to kinda play with this slot. I think I'm gonna mess around on this challenge just to give me more information.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 08:05:54 am »
Put 80 on everything but the rings. Put 85 on the rings. Because I'm nice, allocate the remaining funds toward tribal immunity.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 08:12:33 am »
Thanks Royal!

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 12:17:53 pm »
I'm like...very stoked that my gamble paid off. It seems like this will be, if not an item heavy game, certainly a item mechanic heavy game, and that's interesting to me.

Getting 4/6 items is better than I had hoped for, and I really hope folks don't suspect me. I'm gonna have to hold my rings until at least the first swap, when folks will have cooled down, because I don't want anyone to hold that against me.

One of the items seems unusable. One is an idol clue, I think, to an idol I haven't found the info for yet. One is an advantage/disadvantage in the next challenge...but I'll need to survive this TC to find out what it is. And the rings are very interesting. Just the kind of low powered item that I like.

Jane Winslett-Richardson

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2021, 12:32:26 pm »
Well, look. Some of these aren't exactly going to still be relevant, but I wanted to give you a day to breathe before I heaped this on you, given the timing of your joining us.
Quote from: Jane Winslett-Richardson
Congratulations on completing the first 24 hours of Survivor: A Wes Anderson Production! In recognition of this momentous milestone, I have come to provide stimulation in the form of SPECTATOR ENGAGEMENT. As a note, please do be informed that these questions are being posted to every confessional in identical form. These are not individualized at all - please do not read any intent to guide or influence you, as this would most certainly breach some form of journalistic integrity that I surely hold dear as... I think my character is a journalist? Okay, I'm doing the thing where I type out all my thoughts and I've lost the plot. HERE COME THE QUESTIONS--------

1. With nothing to do but network with your tribe, you will hopefully have learned something about those who you will live with, fight alongside, and ultimately cut loose. What is the most interesting, funniest, or just plain weird thing that you now know about one of your tribemates?

2. Your first challenge has brought with it an interesting conundrum in the form of competing goals to vie for. What do you most hope to achieve when the Flea Market closes? What do you believe your tribemates will reach for?

3. As a hypothetical, consider the following:
"Someone is targeting you to be the next vote-out should your tribe to go Tribal Council. Who is it? Why do they want you gone? Who will you rely on to stay in the game? How worried are you that such a situation might arise?"

Thank you dear, and do remember to have fun!

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 12:00:16 am »
Well, look. Some of these aren't exactly going to still be relevant, but I wanted to give you a day to breathe before I heaped this on you, given the timing of your joining us.
Quote from: Jane Winslett-Richardson
Congratulations on completing the first 24 hours of Survivor: A Wes Anderson Production! In recognition of this momentous milestone, I have come to provide stimulation in the form of SPECTATOR ENGAGEMENT. As a note, please do be informed that these questions are being posted to every confessional in identical form. These are not individualized at all - please do not read any intent to guide or influence you, as this would most certainly breach some form of journalistic integrity that I surely hold dear as... I think my character is a journalist? Okay, I'm doing the thing where I type out all my thoughts and I've lost the plot. HERE COME THE QUESTIONS--------

1. With nothing to do but network with your tribe, you will hopefully have learned something about those who you will live with, fight alongside, and ultimately cut loose. What is the most interesting, funniest, or just plain weird thing that you now know about one of your tribemates?

2. Your first challenge has brought with it an interesting conundrum in the form of competing goals to vie for. What do you most hope to achieve when the Flea Market closes? What do you believe your tribemates will reach for?

3. As a hypothetical, consider the following:
"Someone is targeting you to be the next vote-out should your tribe to go Tribal Council. Who is it? Why do they want you gone? Who will you rely on to stay in the game? How worried are you that such a situation might arise?"

Thank you dear, and do remember to have fun!

Ma'am, I deeply appreciate your attention.

Uh, Steve works in insurance. That's always interesting to me, as an insurance adjacent person. I have a lil fake backstory going for this game, maybe I won't be ID'd.

I WANTED ITEMS and i got them. so many items. So, it's good to know that all of the items were pretty underpowered. The best thing we got directly (in my lot of items, at least) was an underpowered friendship ring that I LOVE the idea of. I think I came out the best from this, because I clearly had the least incentive to go for this, since my position on the tribe was rocky as a replacement, and I'm satisfied with what happened, because I believe Rat is going to be the boot. It's possible, of course, that I'll eat my words, and regret not giving us the win.

So Rat and I are in a 1v1 right now, and I'm worried about where that puts me going forward. I know there's an advantage to be had by throwing the next challenge, but depending on what it is, I might need to try to go all out to win in order to get more time to turn heat off me. If no one else shows up as a clear boot by next round, it's gonna be natural for folks to turn against me, since my name was in the mix this time.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 02:48:10 am »
The rings are an interesting item. How do you plan to use them, if at all?

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 08:33:13 am »
Hell yeah.

I'm waiting until after a swap to use the rings. I've lied my ass off about not being the one to throw this, and I need a little distance from that.

Eli Cash

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 11:25:11 am »
After this Tribal Council, who on your tribe would you say you trust the most and the least? What is your game plan going forward?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2021, 09:51:57 pm »
You own the binoculars, which give you a view of what’s to come, albeit a slightly blurry one. Do you have any plans to use or share that information to further your game?

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 01:38:14 pm »
I'm pretty nervous presently.

So, I have an alliance with Madame and Margot. It's still like kinda tentative, but we've at least agreed to protect one another.

I don't trust Fox, like, at all, and I've been floating indicators to that effect with people.

Also, Steve is super paranoid, double and triple messaging a LOT to try to get surety. I'd prefer not to go into a swap with that.

Everyone else is excruciatingly MEH. I barely know who they are, they sometimes message? This has been SUCH a slow game.

I have items, and I like it. At least knowing where more than half the items on this tribe are...it'll be good to hook up with people on the other tribe and see how things go.

For this Tribal, my name's out there, Madame's name is out there, and Steve's name is out there. Of those three, I'd like to do Steve. But I'm still leaving a few hints, because if we can take the chance to take out Fox, that'd be such a cool move that'd benefit me.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 03:32:09 am »
SNOOPY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND WHY THE VOTE

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 05:42:49 am »
fuck i just sent a group message proposing a vote split fuck me.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2021, 05:53:55 am »
to whom

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 06:12:16 am »
Everyone but Max and Fox, on Max and Fox.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 08:31:44 am »
someone hold me.

Mr. Henry

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2021, 08:32:08 am »
what's goin' on?

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2021, 08:33:49 am »
We have a vote split. There SHOULD be me, Richie, and Buckley on Foxy, Madame and Margot on Max, and Foxy and Max on (presumably) Madame, but maybe me, who knows.

At worst, this should go to a tie between Max and whoever they voted for. Buckley swears up and down that he's actually voting for Fox, and I have to trust him, since if he lied after being given multiple opportunities to not lie, I have to imagine he knows he'd be targeted.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 08:35:11 am »
Hell yeah

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 08:38:25 am »
I had sent this info to the group to sell them on the plan, basically just my reasoning for wanting a vote split in the first place:

"So, one solution is to do a vote split of some kind, we could try to flush out his immunity, and if it works, we'd be good to go for the future. I've been thinking...probably more than I should be about this, and I think there are a few possible scenarios. Please note that these scenarios have two underlying assumptions--1. We have five solid votes that will split on Max/Fox as appropriate--myself and the four of you. I trust all of you implicitly, and few qualms about that assumption. 2. Fox has exactly one instance of immunity--the one earned from the most recent challenge. I feel decently about this, but I'm obviously not one hundred percent positive.

That being the case, there are three possibilities for Fox's immunity. He'll play it on himself this round, on Max this round, or not at all, hoping that the vote is on Max and he can save himself if we go to Tribal again.

If we split three on Max and two on Fox, and Fox plays it on himself, that's probably the best case scenario (assuming we want Max out). Max goes home and Fox has no immunity if we lose again. That means that none of the five of us have to vote each other out.

If we go 3 Max and 2 Fox, and Fox plays it on Max, that's also a good outcome. We go to a tie and a revote, and Fox goes home.

If we go 3 Max and 2 Fox, and Fox doesn't play it, that's probably the worst outcome for the future (given my underlying assumptions), because Max goes home and Fox is safe in the future--and we are faced with a real tough decision if we lose immunity again.

Let's say we switch it up, and put three votes on Fox and 2 on Max.

If Fox plays it on himself, like he says he will, Fox is safe, and Max goes home after a revote.

If Fox plays it on Max, Fox goes home, and the immunity is out of play.

If Fox doesn't play it at all, hoping to save it, Fox goes home, immunity goes home with him, and we have an easy vote in Max next time, if that becomes necessary.

To me, it seems like the best thing we can do, given both the goal of getting Max out and Fox saying he's using the immunity this round, is a 3-2 split with the majority on Fox, but I would really like to know what you think.:"