Author Topic: Welcome to the Dumpster  (Read 7449 times)

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Dumpster
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2020, 05:00:11 pm »
Quentin, I'm happy you're making some headway with one person, that's great progress. Now step it up with everybody else. You get one shot, and if we lose, it's going to be real fucking hard to get anything not you to happen.

Which speaking of, I don't want to lose because I do not like the look of this tribe yet. Sure there's that group with Jake and Scruff and Luci, but idk. I think I might be okay because I contributed a lot to this challenge and that showed for a few people, but I do not feel nearly so confident about any of my new friends.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2020, 05:16:10 pm »
Aww, Quentin mentioned that a lot of people have mentioned they like me. Good, I've put in the effort for that, I'd like it to pay off thank you very much.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2020, 05:27:22 pm »
Am I less than subtly telling Quentin that the bet on who leaves on the other tribe is Chan because he only PMs a couple lines and isn't around much to try to get him to improve here? What kind of puppet do you think I am? Because you'd be correct.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2020, 05:29:18 pm »
Okay so if it's not going to be like Jaipur, is it going to be like Codenames in Civ?

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2020, 06:13:28 pm »
Okay Jake's PM to me today is making me laugh a lot. I think he thinks I need to be sold on an idea that I've not only agreed to, I want and I've been pushing for, just not at him yet. It's a good PM with a lot of good info though, so I wanna keep it around.

Jake
Yikes, that challenge was rough! I'm glad we devoted so much time to it. Communications have broken down all over the tribe while we worked on this, but it bought us a day or two of respite.

Scruff and I have been talking, and I'll level with you - I think the best way for us to walk out of this tribe not only alive but prosperous is to assemble a coalition. We're still getting to know one another, but I quite like you and Lucifer, particularly you. If our stint in the BAU carries us all to the merge, perhaps we can make it more permanent, bring in any surviving allies from our original precincts.

Quentin will likely tag along until and unless we need to stake out a goat. I'm not keen to trust him, and I'd prefer if we had numbers on our side without him. Still, keeping him around until we need an easy vote is just good business.

Rust has approached me about working together. I get the strong sense that he wasn't the most popular in his original precinct, and would be happy to be a free agent. He and I get along quite well, and I'm starting to get to a point where I can trust him. According to him, Chan is akin to our Ace and your Quentin, while Kate reminded him of Jenny or Hannah. With any luck, that's who gets eliminated this round and our friends on the other side stick around.

Pikachu we've discussed a bit more, and also seems keen on making connections outside his tribe. His loyalties are unclear to me as yet, though I have high hopes.

Penelope is cagey. She seems to be playing a tight, challenge-based game, and playing it well. If anyone's likely to play mother hen and rally the former 12thers, I think it's her. She seems very comfortable and assured, and I can't say I blame her. Given how much of an asset she was in this challenge, it appears earned. Moving against her would be difficult.

Nick is savvy and social, nice to talk to, but so far it's all flash and no substance. I like him, but I'm not sure if I trust him yet. You said you were getting along with him - I'm willing to give him a fair shake. Is there a better approach to him?
[close]

I mean, yes please to free reads on the whole tribe, I'm in. But you don't have to convince me, you really don't.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2020, 03:01:53 pm »
Okay so if it's not going to be like Jaipur, is it going to be like Codenames in Civ?

Sorry, can you explain the context of this?

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2020, 10:53:03 pm »
Oh, so in Survivor: Civilization, another game Haschel modded, there was a codenames challenge, and it was NOT live at the start. Which meant essentially there was potential for it to last for days. Instead I think it ended up being a 6 hour challenge? I do not recall specifics, but I do remember it was one of those challenges that became an entire day's worth of effort.

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2020, 11:04:11 pm »
Oh, so in Survivor: Civilization, another game Haschel modded, there was a codenames challenge, and it was NOT live at the start. Which meant essentially there was potential for it to last for days. Instead I think it ended up being a 6 hour challenge? I do not recall specifics, but I do remember it was one of those challenges that became an entire day's worth of effort.
And then he learned from the experience and the next time he did a Codenames challenge in Equestria it was perfect.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2020, 11:29:59 pm »
You can teach an old dog new tricks ;)

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2020, 01:16:09 am »
Ooo, Lucifer just told me that he got asked to be in an alliance with Nick and Pikachu today. That's awfully interesting. He hasn't told anyone else, and I doubt he will. And I'm certainly not. The way he sees it, it's good for informational purposes, so he agreed.

We're all looking at Penelope with a lot of hmmm. Cuz she's going to be a pain in the ass to remove down the line. Well when I say we, I mean that 4some I talked about before. Penelope may be the glue holding people together.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2020, 02:18:21 pm »
Why do people double pm especially if one or both is a wall? Do you like to make me scroll as I answer, is that it? Thanks a lot Jake and Penelope.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2020, 05:19:17 pm »
Sergeant's Exam, I see you. Will poke at you in a bit, cuz god I hope that's an idol and I can figure it out enough to have it.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2020, 05:25:04 pm »
Okay so, I am going to be puzzling out how this works as I go. But if you click the application button on MS,  you get a brand new thing. And the challenge said something about reapply, so duh, I see you. I feel like this is going to be a case of who is the most correct, not just fastest. Since you can only submit the form once.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2020, 06:02:08 pm »
My worksheet before I start testing:
1) The answers to questions 6 and 7 are the same.
2) Question 1 is false.
3) Questions 4 and 20 have different answers.
4) Questions 3 and 20 have different answers.
5) The answer to this question is different than the answer to Question 19. T(So if DV's boss wasn't Scott, this can be true. And I think it has to be true because this is a false statement if both are true, and it can't be false if it IS different. Yeah)
6) Question 2 is true.
7) Question 15 is true.
8) Questions 11 and 19 have the same answer. F(Could be either? I do know by logicing out 19 has to be false, but we'll see if things change with 11)
9) Question 10 is true.
10) Question 13 is false.
11) Haschel Cedricson won the last board game he played with his family. T(odds are very high here)
12) Question 16 is true.
13) Question 12 is true.
14) This question and Question 11 have the same answer. T(This could be either)
15) At least half of the questions in this exam are false.
16) At least half of the questions in this exam are true.
17) Questions 4 and 9 have the same answer.
18) Question 7 is true.
19) DV's first boss's first name was Scott. F(No idea either way, but 5 says this HAS to be this way.)
20) Questions 3 and 4 have different answers.

19 informs 5, and has to be F for 19 and True for 5.
19 is false. If 8 is true, 11 is also false. If 8 is false, 11 is true. If 11 is true, 14 is true. If 11 is false, then same rules as 19/5 interactions, so 11 is true and 14 is true, which makes 8 false. Base count of 2 false, 3 true, count so as not to make 15/16 impossibilities while testing.

If 1 is true, 2 is false, 6 and 7 can not be the same. If 1 is false, 2 is true, 6 and 7 have to be the same. If 2 is true, 6 is true. If 2 is false, 6 is false. If 7 is true, then 15 and 18 are true. If 7 is false, 15 and 18 are false.
If 20 is true, 3 and 4 have to be different and 3 and 4 can't both be true OR false. If 20 is false, both of 3 and 4 are true.
If 9 is true, 10 is true. If 9 is false, 10 is false. If 10 is true, 13 is false. If 10 is false, 13 is true. If 13 is true, 12 is true. If 13 is false, 12 is false. If 12 is true, 16 is true. If 12 is false, 16 is false.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2020, 06:17:01 pm »
Let's test the chain of influences against each other.

9: T, 10: T, 13: F, 12: F, 16: F. Count: 5 F, 5 T. At least half ARE true, so let's try if 15 is true too and it's a split. 15: T, 7: T, 18: T. 5 F, 8 T, need 5 False and only 2 T. So let's set 6 to be F. 6: F, 2: F, 1: T. Count: 7 F, 9 T. And that doesn't work cuz of how 20>3/4 work. Step back to, 6: T, 2: T, 1: F. Count is 10 T, 7 F. 20 is F, 3 and 4 are F. This works. As long as it works that's good enough, so that's what I'm gonna send in.