Author Topic: Challenge 13: Where In The World Is The Immunity Necklace?  (Read 515 times)

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Challenge 13: Where In The World Is The Immunity Necklace?
« on: July 26, 2020, 05:07:28 pm »

Well she sneaks around the world from Fiji to Nicaragua,
She's a sticky-fingered filcher from Gabon to Koah Rong,
She'll take you on a ride on a slow boat to China, tell me
Where in the world is the immunity necklace?

Hello, gumshoes.  Today INTERPOL has asked for our assistance tracking down the notorious international criminal Carmen Sandiego.  12 hours ago she stole the very first immunity necklace ever used in Survivor: Borneo and now she's fled to another country. 

Of course, Carmen being Carmen, she's left a lot of geographical clues that can put us hot on her trail.  Therefore, we are going to let each of you try your best to track her down.  Whoever does the best job will win this game's immunity necklace, which thankfully was not stolen.

Here's how it will work.  When you fill out THIS FORM, you will see a list of sentences.  The name of a country, a world capital, or both, or two countries, or two capitals may be hidden somewhere in the sentence.  All you have to do is list the geographic location(s) in each sentence.  Whoever gets the most will win immunity, or in the event of a tie, the player who submits faster will win immunity.

Why yes, we do have an example!

Example sentence: "The ninja panicked which made for a mad ridiculous scene."

Answer: Japan, Madrid
Explanation: "The ninja panicked which made for a mad ridiculous scene."

Outside resources are not allowed during the challenge, although if you want to study a list of countries and capitals beforehand you may do so.  You may not consult the list during the challenge.

Let us know if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:30:40 am by Joss Carter »

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 13: Where In The World Is The Immunity Necklace?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 12:31:19 am »
Errata: There is nothing preventing two countries or two capitals from being in the same sentence. The rules have been updated accordingly.

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
  • Enchantress of all things possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 12:34:43 am »
Is there only two things in each sentence?

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 12:48:47 am »
Is there only two things in each sentence?

There will never be more than two things in a sentence.

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 05:00:02 pm »
First off, let's see some answers!

NEPAL, CHAD
"The larger of the two dinos may have had feathers," said one paleontologist before a smart-alec had rudely interrupted him by singing the theme to Jurassic Park.

SWEDEN, BERN
In the 90s we denuclearized the Korean peninsula but if some people have their way the region could be on a speedy track to another fight between two UN member nations.

NASSAU, ITALY
A diet of bacon, steak, and bananas sauteed in butter is extremely unhealthy; to stop heart issues and liver disease it is vital you take these pills and exercise twice a week.

PARIS, COMOROS
Would you prefer to see your Pa risk having his credit card info stolen by SexyEmus.com or OstrichLovers.net if you had to choose?

MONTEVIDEO, CANADA
I tried to tell my son "Monte, 'Video Game Streamer' is not a reasonable career choice," but how can a dad get through to a teen who doesn't want to listen?

TOGO, RWANDA
Each summer wizards get a list of school supplies telling them to go bring their wand and broomstick to Hogwarts.

BRAZIL, KINGSTON
Those wizards and witches wave their wands and abracadabra, zillions of monkeys are loose in the halls making stones and sticks fly everywhere!

MANAGUA, DENMARK
According to the policeman, a guard can take out the sniper but he first must lure him into the path of the hidden marksmen on the balcony above us.

LISBON, GUINEA
A good sci-fi movie is "Metropolis", "Bone People" is a well-written tale, but the short story "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" by Ursula K. LeGuin easily is my favorite work of science-fiction.

ARMENIA, ANDORRA
When I want to arrest Carmen I always ask a tourist and/or random stranger if they saw a red hat.

IRAN, BERLIN
In Soviet times Vladimir and Olga Bondarov were noted for their fancy clothes and bedchamber linens.

PERU, LIMA
If an iron pipe rusts, all I'm allowed to do is call a plumber.

ISLAMABAD, TONGA
"Beware the false religion of Islam," a bad man decided to rant on Gabriel's morning bus commute.

SLOVENIA, ATHENS
Newlyweds love Niagara Falls because they can walk through the plaza then step into a horse-drawn carriage that will take them to a gorgeous view of the river.

QUITO, GHANA
Don't quit on me now, man; my brother fought long and hard and in the end he made it through a nasty divorce so I know you can too.

PANAMA, OMAN
The guitar man said in order to help an amateur he would need new strings and new music sheets for his time and training this month; the piano man continued to work for free.

ALGERIA, RABAT
Nurse Goodacre loved visiting regional geriatric care centers to discuss the health benefits of semi-annual enemas or a bath in pasteurized milk.

Now how did you all do?
Leon found 17!
Poirot found 20!
Penelope found 22!
Grouch Cop found 26!
Judy found 28!
Rust found 30!
Jake found 30!

Lennie and Lucifer both had perfect scores of 34. It's gonna come down to time.
Lennie took 19 minutes, 28 seconds.

Lucifer took...
5 hours, 22 minutes, 32 seconds!  That means Lennie Briscoe has won immunity!
[close]
[close]
[close]