Author Topic: Episode 11: Jake Used Chevrons! They're Super Effective!  (Read 3373 times)

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 11
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2020, 12:03:08 pm »
one problem they have is that their sixth vote should be judy and she probably isn't going to see it

Cheddar

• Off The Case
  • Not some common bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2020, 01:06:37 pm »
Watching the confessionals right now has me really sad that I didn't make it to the scrambling part of the game.

Instead I had to get marginalized by two players who were literally inactive at the time they pushed me out (Shoutout Judy and Scruff)

I am getting very excited watching this big group fall apart, hoping to see my boys Hercule, Grouch, and Lucifer go deep (and honestly Penelope though I never met her)

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2020, 01:07:30 pm »
It's too bad they seem to be shifting towards the only player who still has an idol.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2020, 01:13:22 pm »
It's too bad they seem to be shifting towards the only player who still has an idol.

I mean just because someone has an idol doesn't mean they'll play it

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2020, 01:14:57 pm »

That's true but I think the fact that this TC appears to be a clusterfuck makes it more likely it comes out.

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2020, 01:15:15 pm »
I must've been lucky, I managed to go around and talk to everyone and examine/pick up the stuff I could find without really running into an issue.  Shame about the problems, because it was an interesting and unique challenge. 

I wouldn't have wanted to lose the challenge so I would've probably just had people do a google form, and then when they enter their information to start the clock, it just paste dumps the entire text of the game:
Spoiler
Lounge
The lounge is full of relaxing furniture. Two sofas sit perpendicular to the a fireplace with a coffee table between them. Along the wall is a chest of drawers. Cephrir is here.

Chest contents:
A telegram addressed to Mina. It warns her that the finances of Mati Energy Drink LLC are worse than the public realizes and that the company is likely to go insolvent any day. Fingerprints: PEG and Reck

Cephrir statements
1. I am not proud of my behavior this weekend. The fear of losing all of my money has really had me in the worst mental state. Why, I had a serious fight with Broseidon in the ballroom and I almost shot him. Part of me feels he would have deserved it, but I still would have felt awful.

At any rate, I'd begun to piece together information about the energy drink company and knew I was in danger of financial ruin. I needed help and I made the mistake of asking PEG. All I'll say about PEG is that his temper will get him in trouble some day.

2. There has been a ton of suspicious behavior this weekend.

I looked in the Lounge and saw PEG hiding a paper in the ornamental cupboard. I meant to go back and look but never had an opportunity. I got distracted by the phone ringing.
I picked up the phone extension in the Study and overheard Reck laughing with his banker about how much money he was going to make and how nobody would dare to stop him.

It finally made sense why Mina pulled me aside in the Lounge earlier. She urged me to back out of the MATI deal, but wouldn't tell me why. Looking back, I think she was frightened

3. One or or another, Reck had involved everyone in this MATI Energy business. He even persuaded Broseidon to help with his scheme, although Lord knows how he managed to do that.

After dinner I couldn't bear to be in Reck's company. He has this really annoying habit of vaping after every meal; he says it relaxes him but of course it's just another classic example of him having no regard for anyone nearby. So I went to find Mina. She was in the Conservatory but so was PEG. I had no interest in hanging out with him so I went to the Lounge and chilled with Bro but then PEG came in again. We remained there until we heard the news about Reck.

Cephrir comment on rope: "Rope? Presumably you mean the sort you hang yourself with? No, I haven't seen any. Things might be bad for me but they're not quite that bad."
Cephrir comment on candlestick...
Cephrir comment on gun...
etc
[close]
and so on, for every room.  All of it

I think giving them everything at once and losing the exploration/investigating detracts a lot from the challenge.

I was 100% prepared to do it over Discord with me c/ping the outputs, though.
Yeah, you're right that would have weakened it.  What turned you away from the discord option?  The fact that some people had already started?

Cheddar

• Off The Case
  • Not some common bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2020, 01:15:27 pm »

Oof. Too true.

The temptation to save it for the merge was too great. And I figured Grouch was close enough to Scruff to have his finger on that pulse for me.  I was asking him if he thought I'm in enough danger to guess an arrest, because if he said yes to that I was going to play my idol.

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2020, 01:16:34 pm »
And I figured Grouch was close enough to Scruff to have his finger on that pulse for me.
So did Grouch!

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2020, 01:19:28 pm »
Anyway, come on, don't die Lucy, please.

Cheddar

• Off The Case
  • Not some common bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2020, 01:23:29 pm »
Anyway, come on, don't die Lucy, please.

This x 1000

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2020, 01:28:44 pm »
Not only that, but if I voted out Cheddar, the only person I would have a chance of 'burning' would be Grouch-- but on the other hand, if I voted out Pikachu, it would alienate Rust (Who's close to Pika), Jake (Who's close to Rust and Pika), and Nick (Viewed Pika as his closest ally)

Worrisome! Red alert, red alert, red alert!

We need M. Pikachu, M. Rust, M. Peralta, M. McGruff, or M. Kennedy to go 'ome zis round. Any other vote ees a mistake. If we don't get one of zem out, our fate will be in ze 'ands of M. Peralta, and 'e would 'ave no qualms about sending me 'ome if zat ees what 'ad to 'appen. Eet will be a betrayal for 'im no matter what.

So 'ere ees ze thing. Zey want me to let M. Lucifer go, which ees not great, but not ze end of ze world. Eet ees a weak move, but eet ees a publicly weak move, and I think all eyes will be on 27 going forward, which ees ze main benefit.

M. Pikachu/M. Cohle/M. Grouch/M. Lucifer are kind of trying to band together as ze people on ze bottom/outcasts and zey potentially want me and Mlle Hopps to join zem. Ze problem I see with zat ees zat if I do zat, I don't think zat ees a group I see longterm success with. I stand out like a sore thumb, whereas with M. Briscoe and M. Peralta I 'ave more similar players to 'ide behind. I'm also burning a lot of allies and voting at least one out, since I don't even know who ze countertarget ees, but eet would 'ave to be M. Briscoe, M. Peralta, or M. Kennedy, and all of zem I think trust me and more importantly I think at zis point zey will be targets before me because 27 ees seen as a tight group.

HERCULE WHAT HAPPENED TO ANY OTHER VOTE IS A MISTAKE?

Cheddar

• Off The Case
  • Not some common bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2020, 01:30:34 pm »
Also I'm liking the sass from Pikachu. Had he actually talked to me and not just said "I dont know" like 5 times, I think we would've gotten along very well.

And very sad to see that from Hercule. I think he's more concerned about being a big player vs where lines are actually drawn. He needs to keep in mind that he's a big player, but that's why he has Judy for a shield. Jake is a big player who is not working with you, so you need to take that out.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2020, 01:32:48 pm »
I mean he isn't completely wrong but he also gets steamrolled if we votes out lucifer here sooo....

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2020, 01:39:55 pm »
Wow, just read through 10 pages of new posts.  I'm successfully keeping up with the game now!!!  But just barely because this round is hard to keep up with. 

I'm really enjoying things turning around on Jake, the most connected and safest player in the game, by virtue of his overplaying to such an extent that even his true #1 feels like he's being two-faced.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:50:28 pm by Scully and Hitchcock »

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2020, 01:41:27 pm »
we love to see a plotline ("jake is an overplayer") wrap itself up in a neat bow

if they can get the votes that is