Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 4663 times)

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
  • Enchantress of all things possible.
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2020, 11:19:34 pm »
Guys I need to confess something. I guess both tribes at the time might be upset at me when I say this. But do you remember the puzzle challenge? I lied about losing power, I was legitimately trying to throw the challenge in attempt to help save Chase. It didn’t work because we somehow still won that challenge. Nick was the only one I told iirc.

Big Energy.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2020, 04:05:52 am »
I had a really high score on the exchange rates challenge because I did alright on most of them and was then off by orders of magnitude on a few. :(

You know, I suspected at the time that Pikachu might have been lying about throwing, but didn’t really care. We had Quentin as a buffer.
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2020, 05:52:20 am »
I had a really high score on the exchange rates challenge because I did alright on most of them and was then off by orders of magnitude on a few. :(

You know, I suspected at the time that Pikachu might have been lying about throwing, but didn’t really care. We had Quentin as a buffer.

That’s another reason why I felt comfortable doing so. It wasn’t an easy choice though because I knew it could have been used against me if the wrong people found out about it.

Grouch I knew you said some not nice things about the situation and that’s why I was biting my tounge when you were talking to me about it.

Blart being in charge of the puzzle makes sense

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2020, 12:26:24 pm »
For the currencies challenge, most of my stuff was just things I already loosely knew (Canada, Britain, Japan) and then guessing that they were worth around 1/100th of the US equivalent for most of the rest.

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2020, 05:02:47 pm »
omg hi

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2020, 05:03:50 pm »
Leon - Claims he is a newbie which I don't really believe? At the very least, this probably isn't his first game. Either way, the opposition would have to be majorly dumb to let him get to the end.

But I'm a newbie? Lol

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2020, 05:05:05 pm »
Hahah holy shit what was that???

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2020, 05:06:25 pm »
Hahah holy shit what was that???

My thoughts exactly.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2020, 05:07:59 pm »
Oh hell yeah, we all get to do torchwalks in this game too if we like. That's really neat :)

Also seems this is an F2, it's been a while.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2020, 05:11:05 pm »
Leon - Claims he is a newbie which I don't really believe? At the very least, this probably isn't his first game. Either way, the opposition would have to be majorly dumb to let him get to the end.

But I'm a newbie? Lol

If that’s true, you played one HELL of a game. Congrats for getting as far as you did!

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2020, 05:16:18 pm »

But I'm a newbie? Lol

If that’s true, you played one HELL of a game. Congrats for getting as far as you did!

Thank you! I'm not lying and this is literally my first game.

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2020, 05:29:03 pm »
My reasoning basically can be shown through one simple comparison. Leon didn’t know what a swap or merge was coming into this game— yet somehow is writing out massive walls of text and managing to lie effectively. I presume saying he’s a newbie made people mych less willing to target him, especially with the recent meta that’s emerged— but based on him flipping between smart and incredibly oblivious has made me skeptical. My first game certainly wasn’t as good as this.
I mean, he's unfamiliar with Survivor, he's not unfamiliar with games involving deception. I think Grouch's point in the other thread makes sense, I think Leon obviously isn't necessarily some lamb in the woods per se but being an experienced Mafia player who doesn't know Survivor makes sense with this to me (that said, I've never played Mafia on this site and only a couple times IRL so I don't necessarily have a great feel for what habits you'd expect from a Mafia player)

Currently reading this thread right now and THIS ^^^^^

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2020, 08:15:25 pm »
I'm still not clear on what happened on that vote, other than that Leon voted for Rust so Poirot must have voted for Leon, but he could have voted Rust and gotten Rust out, which seems like a far better move? Maybe it was the sort of thing where he wasn't certain how the votes would fall, or that he'd irrevocably burn Rust's jury vote if he tricked him into voting Leon and then backstabbed him?

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2020, 08:31:05 pm »
I'm still not clear on what happened on that vote, other than that Leon voted for Rust so Poirot must have voted for Leon, but he could have voted Rust and gotten Rust out, which seems like a far better move? Maybe it was the sort of thing where he wasn't certain how the votes would fall, or that he'd irrevocably burn Rust's jury vote if he tricked him into voting Leon and then backstabbed him?

I voted for Hercule.
Lucifer voted for Rust.
Hercule and Rust voted for me.

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2020, 08:31:36 pm »
Oh btw, @Scruff, were you really my closest ally in the game? I'd love to know your honest answer.