Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 4664 times)

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 05:40:48 pm »
*smacks hands on the table* Where's our public callouts?
Why would I make public callouts when I can instead bid everyone a fond farewell? Honestly the only person who made it to the merge who I didn't like on a personal level was Judy, and that was mostly lack of effort on her part.

Judy almost completely refused to message me.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 05:47:16 pm »
Also, I need people like Judy, Leon, and Jake to justify why ignoring people's PMs at any point during merge is acceptable. Half of this game is social, and if you didn't do fuckall with that or did it incredibly poorly, that's not a game I want to vote for.
I was honestly just stupid busy. Most people were getting one message from me a day, and I was racking up sleep debt even managing that. You were pretty clearly not on my side and weren't ever going to be, so I knew I was going through the motions. That wasn't personal, I quite liked you when we were on the BAU tribe. Just bidniss.
That's the thing, at the very start of merge, I absolutely wanted to do things with you. Like that deal we made on BAU I wanted to do things with, and then it just felt like I didn't exactly have a good choice if I really wanted to make it out of that first round, so I followed. You though, I did know you were busy a lot, so it was one thing when you weren't PMing anybody, and another when it more you weren't PMing me.

*smacks hands on the table* Where's our public callouts?
Why would I make public callouts when I can instead bid everyone a fond farewell? Honestly the only person who made it to the merge who I didn't like on a personal level was Judy, and that was mostly lack of effort on her part.

Well I didn't expect it to be you either, and it was more sarcastic anyways. Though Judy had been super good in our first tribe, and then not so much later. So it may just be her brand at this point.
Getting to say goodbye might have been nice.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 06:00:10 pm »
If anything, Grouch, I "gave up" on you out of loyalty to Scruff.
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 06:13:04 pm »
Mm that does make sense. Ah well, it is what it is.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 06:28:34 pm »
The ironies of the fog of war, eh? Tracking a maximum of six conversations on the tribes was bad enough, but when I had to juggle ten, plus various multi-user alliance threads, it's easy to drop some balls. When one of those balls just had a big and very public falling-out with someone I thought was one of my closest allies, it came up you.

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2020, 06:45:09 pm »
The ironies of the fog of war, eh? Tracking a maximum of six conversations on the tribes was bad enough, but when I had to juggle ten, plus various multi-user alliance threads, it's easy to drop some balls. When one of those balls just had a big and very public falling-out with someone I thought was one of my closest allies, it came up you.

I am gonna be honest had we also not butted heads in our group message, I would not have pushed for you fwiw. It just made me see my position wasn’t as good as it should have been.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2020, 06:45:36 pm »
or Jake if he owns up to the game he played.
Please clarify?

I may or may not have dropped the ball as well on several occasions and misjudged the way you felt about me. Lennie skewed it as me fucking everything up when I literally just misunderstood Rust's message to me and thought that Hercule and Judy were already voting for you and that we needed to join in as well.  (I mean, I sort of did fuck everything up by doing that, but that vote DID actually hurt me because I genuinely still thought we were close either way. Your argument with Pikachu kind of flipped me over and I should have realized there was something going on outside of that.)

After that, I sort of didn't trust you because Lennie made it seem like we couldn't ever be allies again by completely cursing me out when I was trying to explain myself and keep it simple, so I just assumed you wanted nothing to do with me ever again and that you were playing much smarter than you let on.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2020, 06:46:51 pm »
(Not trying to deflect blame. Totally my fault for misinterpreting everything and fucking myself over.)

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2020, 07:12:08 pm »
Nah, I had a bad habit this game of focusing on new ventures to the exclusion of old friends. That was partly my limited time - the stolen minutes at work, sleep-deprived nights, they were a currency I had to spend sparingly. The other half of that was my negligence. Remember that old saw, "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver but the other is gold"? Yeaaaaah I definitely forgot its value this game. I think things might have gone very differently had I been a lot more open with the Wheelmen.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2020, 07:12:47 pm »
I feel a lot more free now. After the vote I actually played some non-Survivor games. It was nice.

I will never play a summer game again. The last month has been torture.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2020, 08:09:32 pm »
It’s completely freeing. I’ve played in way too many of these damn games. I find the discord survivors to be more fun tbh

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 04:04:32 am »
This challenge is going to take forever

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2020, 10:26:12 am »
Who do you think comes here next?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2020, 12:32:13 pm »
That depends entirely on whether Penelope takes my advice or not.

As I understand things, Poirot and especially Lennie are running scared right now. We thought that alliance of five would hold together for at least another vote before falling apart.

Right now I see strong ties between Lennie and Poirot, Leon and Judy, Leon and Rust, Judy and Lucifer, perhaps Penelope and Rust, and perhaps Poirot and Penelope.

Lennie looks like he’s in trouble here, but everyone needs to look ahead. Right now, by my reckoning, Penelope, Poirot, and Judy have the most threatening cases before the jury, though if Poirot gets screwed again he’s out of that group.

Judy has consistently shown herself to be a predator. She’s been great at challenges, flips aggressively, and has the momentum. I believe she’s positioning herself to knock out all of Poirot, Lennie, and Penelope in sequence in order to reduce the final equation to herself and who she sees as goats.

I don’t have any idea what Rust and Lucifer’s plans are, aside from keeping their heads down and making a long shot/swing vote case to the jury.

My advice to Penelope was to leverage her covert alliance with Poirot to rally Poirot, Lennie, and (most likely) Rust for a majority, remove one of Judy’s supports (Leon, Lucifer) and then Judy herself. If it were me, I’d take Leon out now, but I’m biased.

If Penelope ignores me and sticks with Judy, we’ll probably see Lennie or perhaps Poirot go. If she pushes back, I’d expect Leon.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 05:29:58 pm »
Oh holy shit, that’s a brutal challenge. The item search is so straightforward I found half of them without the key in less than a minute. This is going to be a blistering time trial.