Author Topic: Episode 15: Burn the World  (Read 2577 times)

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Episode 15: Burn the World
« on: May 05, 2019, 07:15:51 pm »
Ugh, I'm out here primed to use an advantage and it's an art challenge. Dang.

what do advantages do in this challenge?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 15
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 07:21:15 pm »
I'm pretty unhappy with QC for not cluing me in here. If she had asked me to keep it to myself I would have, and we literally just had a conversation where I proved to her that I keep secrets. This proves that she didnt believe me when I said I valued her more than derpy, which shows that she doesnt trust me. Not sure why, as I dont think I've done anything to deserve her distrust.

I'm also unhappy with Rainbow for presenting an entire case to persuade soarin and I to vote for pear and then not doing that. I dont really see what that does for her besides annoy us a great deal?

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 07:22:10 pm »
The judge who gives you the lowest score won't count when calculating your average rating.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 07:31:16 pm »
Interesting. Could be good, but being bad at art will still make my life hard.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 07:47:05 pm »
Love 2 get ignored for hours after tribal.

Oh well, I needed a wake up call, I guess. I was starting to feel like everypony was on my side. Obviously, I have only coco and soarin at best.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 07:51:12 pm »
Also, uh, I guess rainbow must have really wanted to become the biggest threat in the game? Seems super terrible haha.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 08:17:32 pm »
It takes a lot of cojones to tell somepony they're your only true friend WHILE lying to them and leaving them still in the game. Gotta admire that a little.

I'll come back when my head is clearer and pretend to forgive her, but when I vote her out, this is going to be the reason :)

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 08:20:05 pm »
Soarin is on the WARPATH and I am LIVING FOR IT.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 08:29:28 pm »
What's all happening and how does this affect your trust clusters?

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 06:14:04 am »
1. Rank the other ponies from who you trust most to who you trust least
2. What do you think each other pony's answer is going to be for question 1?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 07:58:13 am »
What's all happening and how does this affect your trust clusters?

fake apologies are happening.

i don't know that i really have any trust clusters anymore.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 08:04:11 am »
1. Rank the other ponies from who you trust most to who you trust least
2. What do you think each other pony's answer is going to be for question 1?

coco/soarin

granny
qc
pear (in the sense that i know where he stands, but it's against me)
rarity
rainbow

it would take too long to answer the second question, but in short i think the blocs (SAA, Rainbow & Rarity, me & Soarin) are basically the strongest trust places. And I don't know what the fuck QC is doing :) :) i guess she must be hopping in with R&R?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 10:12:01 am »
I kind of wish that I felt like Rarity were a decent pony to start working with. I feel like that'd be a good lowkey relationship to have, but she's so sheeplike and obsessed with being in the majority -- she's said to both me and other ponies at times that she was "afraid" of voting wrong, in a way that conveys actual fear -- that I don't expect she would be willing to put up even token resistance against any vote at all that isn't herself. I'm reminded of somepony who betrayed me in my most recent game and have no desire to repeat the experience.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 10:27:29 am »
Relatedly, if Rarity makes it to FTC, I'm planning to bring this up and ruin her with it. On the show, usually when somepony calls another player a coward, what they mean is "you aren't doing the thing I want you to do so I'm going to insult your masculinity." But she's literally been portraying herself as a coward, live and in stereo, apropos of nothing. It's just a game dudette, not your life. I can't think of anything less cute, from a juror perspective, outside of like dragging my mom during ftc.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 11:41:15 am »
Shower thoughts with DJ!

I am not playing a winning game right now, am I? I was thinking I could win off being the most liked and my web of connections and information, but this past round is pretty good evidence that that is, at this point, kind of not real. I think I played a winning premerge but have been forgetting that a winning merge requires a different tack.

So, who can I beat?

Grand Pear, check.
Rarity, check.
Queen Chrysalis, maybe.
Granny, maybe? She's not been very involved lately.
Soarin, probably not. I am hiding behind him at the moment, and assuming the game will at some point take care of him for me. Stabbing him is likely to cost me his jury vote, considering how mad he seems to be about previous betrayals.
Coco, probably not. Our relationship is good play from both of us, but I can't expect to get more credit than her for it, and her game looks to me like a winning one. I know I'd happily vote for it and I may not be alone- was Derpy onto something?
Rainbow, probably not. She's a BigMovesPony even when it's fucking stupid to be, but the jury should like that.

It may be difficult for me to win unless I stab Soarin or Coco.
I need Rarity or Grand Pear to stay. I was thinking Rarity at first, but maybe GP would actually be more workable. The thing is that I probably need to remove Rainbow or Granny if I want to do this.
I think I need Rainbow to go either now or next round, but Soarin is likely to get more credit for that than I will, especially if I don't start acting on it before him. But I know he's discussing strategy with more ponies than I am at the moment. Hmm.
Rolling to the end on the Coco-Granny-Soarin alliance is a losing proposition for me, and I cannot allow this to happen. Especially due to the F4 twist, I can't count on removing a threat that round.

Sometimes I do not like this game very much.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 12:02:13 pm »
Quote from: Soarin
I feel Chrysalis is pissed about it. I sent Pear a PM about it but he didn't really react to anything I said? Just mostly said that he understand why I voted for him and that he hopes we can start fresh. A bunch of wishy-washy stuff. I thought telling him Rainbow was originally gunning for him would garner some sort of reaction. Whatever. I swear if Granny and Coco turn on us and get us booted I'm fucking voting for Fluttershy in FTC. None of these ponies deserve my vote if they can't see through the shit Rainbow and Rarity are pulling and continue being their lovely fluffy sheep.

Grand Pear is a complete potato and won't be possible to work with, so instead of pitching him on something like a goat squad right now I'm going to continue planning to get him killed at some point.

Also the rage here is so cute I want to tell him he's adorable but I probably shouldn't.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 04:42:12 pm »
I am continuing to have a think on things.

I think that Coco wins this game, and I think I have very few avenues to stop her. The F4 twist actually makes idols a lot more powerful, because we're stripped of the opportunity to vote anypony out after their idol expires. This actually is another reason why it kind of sucks, but I guess you'll get a dominant winner who played a great game in her, eh?

Again, to be clear, I hate this a lot. I've not laughing my pony head off while I admire how sharp and shiny my knife is and plot which tendons are most strategic to cut. I do have an emotional attachment and I don't want to break her heart. But I think that maybe, finally, after the number of games of Survivor I have played, I may finally want to win deep down more than I want to be everypony's BFF? We'll see if I can conscience going through with something like this.

So, avenue 1 is the standard blindside. However, this will be hard to accomplish, ever.
Consider the evidence:
Exhibit A: I am not very good at lying.
Exhibit B: Soarin's irrational hatred of Rainbow will make it very hard to get them to work together.
Exhibit C: I have literally zero relationship with Grand Pear, and he likely has a warped picture of the game state because he has no idea what is going on.
Exhibit D: I have no reason to think Granny will ever turn on Coco.
Exhibit E: I have very few rounds in which to do this.
Exhibit F: For all I know, it's possible nopony but me thinks Coco is a secret mastermind and all of this is completely made up in my head so they'll just laugh me out of the room and maybe even be correct to do so.

How could I accomplish this? One way would be to split the votes at 6, 2-2-2, assuming Pear or Granny are still here and stick with her. Then if the idol comes out, I can try to get her at 5, but I run the risk of accidentally becoming a greater threat than her by making this move at 6 and being voted out myself. Other than that, I would have to hope that the game spirits her idol away very soon or somehow trick her into playing it (which I don't believe I am capable of).

There is a second, less fun, avenue. And it's sketch as fuck, in terms of probability of being able to pull it off. But the thought would be to go to 4, let's say hypothetically with Coco, Pear and Rarity somehow. I win immunity to make sure she doesn't. Because of my belief that Coco is the biggest challenge threat and also my belief that I have a better chance of beating her than anypony else, I then give up immunity to Rarity on the condition that she take Pear, and try to win the game at firemaking. I don't like these odds at all, but it may be the only viable path.

Finally, there is the boring avenue, wherein I try to improve my game, become a threat and do threat things, whatever those are, ideally giving myself a leg with which to argue that I played a good game and beat her at FTC.

Now, ask me what to do now in order to accomplish any of these paths. Go ahead. Oh, what is that you say? How will I accomplish any of these paths with my actions here at the F8? Well, dear viewer, I haven't got a fucking clue.

So in summary I am completely doomed and most likely lost the game at the Flim vote but at least we're having a good time.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 04:59:15 pm »
I've decided to confess all the Golden Oak stuff to Rainbow. Maybe I can be a threat now :V

It seemed like a good way to try to rebuild there. Although I've told Coco I want Rainbow out soon, I'm now rethinking that.

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 05:33:37 pm »
it would take too long to answer the second question, but in short i think the blocs (SAA, Rainbow & Rarity, me & Soarin) are basically the strongest trust places. And I don't know what the fuck QC is doing :) :) i guess she must be hopping in with R&R?
It was a project I was doing to see who had the best read on the game :( Can you humor me?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »
Fiiiine.

QC: Rarity Rainbow DJ Soarin Coco Pear Granny
Rainbow: Rarity QC Coco Granny Pear DJ Soarin
Rarity: Rainbow QC Coco DJ Granny Pear Soarin
Pear: Granny Coco Rainbow Rarity QC Soarin DJ
Soarin: DJ Coco QC Granny Pear Rarity Rainbow
Coco: DJ Granny Soarin Pear Rarity QC Rainbow
Granny: Coco Pear Soarin DJ Rainbow Rarity QC

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 06:48:11 pm »
Survivor is very hard!

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 06:52:54 pm »
Another way Coco's idol could go would be if she played it on me, but creating that scenario on purpose seems pretty low EV.

Also she could really easily have two at which point I guess I can just go fuck myself.

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 07:07:24 pm »
<3

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 09:56:05 pm »

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2019, 10:12:30 am »
Soarin has apparently independently arrived at the same conclusion re: how royally fucked we are and how hard we are going to lose to Granny and Coco.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 12:04:28 am »
I've just remembered that starlight had the answer to my problems. I'm asking QC if it was given to her. I hope it was.

somepony pleased tell me why my phone just autocorrected "jad" to "jsp" instead of "had"

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2019, 09:51:31 am »
She evidently has them, which I'm not gonna say is better than sex because it's not, but it's as good as a thing can reasonably be in survivor. I'm going to do everything in my power to keep her long enough for the right moment to strike. That moment may be 5, although I'd be worried about Coco winning immunity. Still, if I do it sooner, I might be making my threat level too high too soon.

I can't tell yet if this round is the Soarin vs. Rainbow Rumble in the Jungle that's been obviously happening for roughly 10 eternities. At first they were both telling me they wanted it to be, but Rainbow seems like she might be backing down? IDK. I think that I actually want it to happen at the moment, and either outcome I believe should be fine for me. I'll likely want to vote off Pear the following round regardless of who wins. It's actually probably better for me if Rainbow comes out on top, because then getting her out at 6 wouldn't be hard and I get Soarin on the jury without making him hate me. But we'll see how that shakes out.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2019, 09:54:56 am »
This delay in the game is pretty unfortunate for my entire plan actually because I'm going on vacation starting the 15th. So I can now expect to be on vacation during the period of time I need to be making game-winning moves and winning clutch immunities, haha. Maybe I should buy a crappy laptop I can take with me since my last one died. I could really use one anyway.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2019, 09:57:06 am »
It doesn't really seem like I need to win immunity this round, but I may need Soarin and Rainbow to not win, so that's a good enough reason to blow Angel. I'm going to save Gummy for F5 if I possibly can, because right now my plan is to win there and use that perch to make a big play.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2019, 10:10:51 am »
at some point i start to actually have a legit pitch about pear taking up a seat at ftc. that's literally not good for anypony except for rarity who has no chance of winning if pear is ever eliminated

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 10:26:56 am »
am i the villain yet? or do i have to kill rainbow off and take her throne?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 15: Burn the World
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 12:04:22 pm »
Quote from: Soarin
Alright so Rainbow invited me to a game of Onitama like ten minutes ago and we talked things out in the chat. Coco also joined near the tail-end of it which was a bit awkward, lol. Apparently a huge part of why Derpy was voted out over Pear was that Rarity was really insistent on voting her out and Rainbow just assumed she'd be on board since they've done everything together before. Also Derpy told Rainbow that there was an alliance of me/you/Derpy so that played a huge part in why Rainbow didn't tell us either. That was pretty dumb of Derpy. I think Derpy assumed we still had an alliance from a talk she had with Flim way back in merge TC. Rainbow again insisted that this doesn't leak out (she likes to do that a lot for some reason, lol) so yeah just don't tell anypony about it for now.

Survivor is so weird honestly

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 08:05:07 am »
rainbow: we have 2 vote out grand pear
dj: okay *votes for grand pear*
rainbow: gosh dude sorry i lied to u about that derpy vote we can still work together right
dj: sure you seem cool
rainbow: im gonna try and get your bro out this round, i know youll probably vote for me, but we can still work together after that right? no hard feelings?
dj: okay sure i do like you and working together would be cool
rainbow: *goes around trying to split votes onto dj*

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 09:37:31 am »
it's an empty inbox kind of morning

i hate it

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 09:56:25 am »
:( want a hug?

here's Porcupone, she loves hugs

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 10:14:45 am »
i'd hug on that

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 10:57:59 am »
Quote from: Coco
I've been worried about our threat status as well though. I don't get the feeling that Granny is going to turn on us, because she's worried about the exact same thing we are from what she's saying. You'd have a better read on Soarin than me in terms of whether he'll stick with us; where do you think his head is at thinking two or three rounds ahead?

>__________________________________________________________________>

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 11:03:11 am »
I can't read emoji :(

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2019, 11:24:56 am »
I think your bee pony was quite good. Bees are very nice, and super important.
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2019, 12:44:40 pm »
Coco continues to sell me on all of us merrily dancing our way to 4 together (so she can win) :P

she's probably being honest about thinking that's a good plan for everypony, but i don't think i agree <_< especially since my persuasion skills leave something to be desired.

i've chosen to let her think soarin is still on board even though he is not oops.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2019, 01:01:54 pm »
ive got a bad feeling about this

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2019, 01:47:01 pm »
i knew qc was probably allied with r&r but it seems like thats being effectively confirmed now.

back off, she's my backup plan!

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2019, 04:25:15 pm »
Seems I'm the target, for some reason. Rad. Whatever.