Author Topic: Episode 15 [F8]  (Read 2559 times)

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Episode 15 [F8]
« on: May 05, 2019, 07:05:20 pm »
What was the point of that?
Haha, DJ literally just posted this in the Birthday chain between me/DJ/Rainbow/Rarity. She has zero chill.
We're sooooarin', flyyyyyin', there's not a staar in heeeeaven that weee can't reach~

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 15 [F8]
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 07:09:51 pm »
I mean I guess I have decent enough artistic skills so I think I'll do alright on this challenge? I have a feeling I'm going to need immunity.
We're sooooarin', flyyyyyin', there's not a staar in heeeeaven that weee can't reach~

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 08:40:32 pm »
I'm scrolling through the PMs Rainbow sent me and her saying she would be down for Pear even if Rarity wasn't in should've been a huge fucking red flag. Why would they ever vote opposite of each other? What the hell was I thinking trusting her for a second?

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 08:51:07 pm »
I know this isn't going to make up for what happened, but I'm sorry about that. I genuinely did want to make a move to save Derpy - I would not have gone to that amount of effort if I hadn't- but I had a very long conversation with Rarity towards the end of the round about the pros/cons of going each way and it was kinda apparent that it was going to leave us in a bad spot, because Derpy was more than a little unpredictable and it would leave Granny and Coco polarised against us.

This way is really not much better, since it would really annoy you two, but it does mean that the unpredictability was out of the game.

Probably the most important factor was that the Apples were 100% convinced that Derpy had an idol. It's something Starlight had claimed too, so it did have some backing, and Chrys mentioned that Derpy had been looking for those things more than anypony else back on Carousel. Derpy felt more than safe this round as far as I could see, so the opportunity to flush an idol out of somepony who might use it literally anywhere seemed like an opportunity we had to take.

I know that explanation isn't going to help very much right now, and you have every right to be mad at me after I did that and then went back on it. I do hope we can keep talking going forward, though.
FUCK, DERPY TOLD ME SHE HAD AN IDOL BUT IT DIDN'T WANT TO TELL COCO UGGGGGHHHHHHH

Also Rainbow if you think I will ever forgive you then you are sorely mistaken. I thought I'd put aside my differences after the Fluttershy boot and give you a chance. I thought I'd be a reasonable and sensible player by not letting my emotions get the best of me and come at you like a jackhammer every round. Boy was I fucking mistaken. I'm coming after you and Rarity, and I won't stop until either of us dies.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 08:55:51 pm »
And btw Rainbow, "annoyed" is a huge understatement. The reason why what you did this TC was so fucking shady was that you convinced me & Coco that Pear and Derpy were 100% going to be the vote-outs respectively so that you could have your little fucking talk with Rarity and decide what's best for both of your games w/o having to talk to anypony else about it. You didn't care jack shit about what anypony else thought. Shady, shady, shady. You're not going to squirm your way out of this one.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 09:22:06 pm »
Rainbow, you think you can get by with just annoying me and DJ? Well, I'll make sure everypony's annoyed with you by the time I'm done. Mark my fucking words.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 09:38:03 pm »
Which High School Musical song best sums up your feelings right now?

Also what does your trust ranking look like now?

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 09:49:53 pm »
Breaking Free (Of Rainbow and Rarity (hey that rhymed!))

I'll work on a trust ranking later. I'm not quite in the mood for it right now.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 09:54:48 pm »
Fuck you. The biggest mistake I ever made this game was thinking I could trust you. What you did was fucking shady and you should be ashamed of yourself. I can't even pretend to be OK with any of this. You're Trixie, Pinkie Pie, and Starlight all morphed in a single pony, and somehow that still doesn't encompass how much of a shady prick you are. I fucking thought I could forgive you after you murdered Fluttershy. I thought we could reconnect. I was so, so wrong. I will never make that mistake ever again in my Survivor career. If somepony pulls off the shit you did even once I will never forgive them. I should've put a fucking stake through you the moment we reached merge. I should've taken you out last TC. You can fool me once, fool me twice, but you won't fool me thrice. I will be the death of you if it's the last thing I do, I'll make sure of it. I hope you managed to solve that idol clue at least. :)
Uggghhh I want to respond to Rainbow with this soooo badly. I mean honestly it's pretty toxic and bad for my game, but man would it be satisfying to knock her down a peg. I guess there's also the jury to worry about, provided I even make it to FTC, so eh.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 10:19:35 pm »
OK yeah that was over the top. I probably need to step back for a bit. I'll respond to Rainbow eventually, but yeah it's not a huge priority of mine.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 10:32:17 pm »
Hi friend. I apologize for the deception, but I had Granny and Pear show up at the eleventh hour each saying that they could confirm an idol on Derpy. While I would have normally been skeptical, the fact that they both came around made me feel like it was a risk that I couldn't take. Additionally it didn't really feel like my plot to leak, since if Derpy caught wind that Rainbow and I were on the fence, we come out looking just awful.

I'm honestly a little shocked that an idol wasn't played anyway, and I'm a little suspicious that Derpy didn't actually have the idol that we thought she did.
"Friend", lmfao. OK well you're coming out looking awful anyways. And you should look awful since you intentionally split the votes between Derpy and Pear. It wasn't like you were set on Pear and then decided to change course. You wanted you & Rainbow to have full control over who was voted out and you did it in the most shady way imaginable. And yeah, seems like Derpy didn't have an idol after all, eh?

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 06:23:32 am »
1. Rank the other ponies from who you trust most to who you trust least
2. What do you think each other pony's answer is going to be for question 1?

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 07:31:50 am »
I'll work on a trust ranking later. I'm not quite in the mood for it right now.
Also I kind of want to hear back from Pear first before I make up my mind.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 11:44:45 am »
I'm sorry.. they did what now? That's definitely not any part of anything I heard about. I've heard a rather different story, though there was approaching Dash about vote things that happened, but a half attempt at floating Rarity's name. And tbh Derpy as a vote was already floated and enough people felt like they wanted to vote for her even before this TC came around. Because Derpy went and pulled that weird Coco shit during the Pinkie vote. Though.. Derpy did say she had a 5th secret person she trusted not you or DJ or Star that she was talking to about voting for Coco but that she trusted enough she wasn't going to reveal who it was. And if what you're saying here has happened before, that could have been Dash. I do know that they were very much in that swing position, but I didn't realize to what lengths they had gone to ensure that. I'm not sure how I feel about this at all. I don't exactly like being played like some pawn to ensure things either, especially being asked to not tell people about something. Like that is why I lied. I was asked to. And everything from my perspective had implied I couldn't trust Derpy because of some of the weird that had been pulled during the rounds with Pinkie and Star.
God fucking damn it, I wrote up this really good response but then the board logged me out and I lost the whole damn thing. Hopefully this is half as nicely worded as the response I had made was the first time.

So first up, clarify something for me. Was Rarity's name ever going around last round? I heard that it may have been and Pear happened after the fact. I never heard anything about Dash and Derpy liking each other, neither of them said anything about it whatsoever. Dash is entirely why Fluttershy went, yep. And has definitely the been the force behind almost everything.. and I can't say I exactly noticed that before. I am sorry that this is how this conversation topic came up in the first place. I thought what I was doing made sense and it seems like perhaps, yet again, I didn't have all the information when I was making those decisions. You've given me a lot to think about, and even though you're frustrated and I am a part of that frustration, I appreciate you talking to me about everything anyways.

Promising, promising. It sounds like Chrysalis is finally waking up and seeing that Rainbow is truly the reigns to all of this.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 11:49:32 am »
Hey, thanks for the info, that's definitely some interesting stuff. I wasn't sure if I was going to survive that last TC but I'm glad I did. I don't blame you for voting me, it was me vs one of your most trusted ponies so I know you didn't really have another option. I tried to get Derpy to change their mind about voting me but it didn't work because they probably felt pretty confident about going up against me? I also told DJ that I hope we can start fresh and we can leave that vote behind us.

Thanks though, I really like you too. I already had a similar conversation with DJ about connecting with you guys. We've been separated all game and we only met at merge, that always makes things a bit harder. I'm also not online a whole lot, because of my timezone and work. I only have limited time I can commit to this game which means I'm not the most frequent PMer. I've never made it to the end game, probably because of those reasons, but I love playing too much to stop trying :)

I never burn any bridges, so don't think that I hold anything against you. I can't promise you anything either though, the others actually did keep me over Derpy so that does mean something, I think? Similarly, I hope both you and DJ don't come after me again because I don't want another stressful TC like that  :o I really do like our conversations, so I'm hoping we can keep having them!

me: Writes a two-paragraph long wall explaining how Rainbow was gunning after him and the SAAs b/c she thought they were a threat and how she mislead me and intentionally split the votes.

Pear: "That's definitely some interesting stuff."

Lmfao. "The others actually did keep me over Derpy so that does mean something". OK bud two of those ponies were gunning for you at the start of TC and mostly backtracked due to idol paranoia. Don't kid yourself into thinking you're nothing more than a pawn to them. 

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 05:25:32 pm »
Seems like we have a whole ~3 day break with this challenge, which is fortunate in a way! Burnout is definitely a thing - we could all use the time off.

I don't think Rainbow handled herself well at all last round, no. You and DJ seemed convinced Rainbow and Rarity were voting with you to the point that I was starting to be convinced that they might be lying to me and Granny instead. I never got much of an update on them lying to everypony until very shortly before deadline. The fact that Rainbow was the first to bring up the Pear vote is the worst thing about the situation from my perspective. If she wasn't a fan of the vote but had it proposed to her, that would be one thing; suggesting it only to turn on the people she suggested it to is pretty manipulative.
Yep, Coco isn't a big fan of Rainbow's behavior either. I'm pretty sure we can bring Chrysalis over to our side and vote out one of Rainbow/Rarity depending on how paranoid I'm feeling about idols. Or if it does get to a tie then like Chrysalis would just flip because... why wouldn't she? Not like she has any close allies anyways.

I think it's time for a new relationships chart.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 05:41:38 pm »
BEST

DJ Pon-3 - She's my closest ally by a long shot. We both need each other in this game more than ever.
Granny Smith - May or may not be thinking about taking a shot at me, but now would be a terrible time for her. It's obvious I would be a better ally to her than Rainbow, so I expect us work together a little longer.
Coco Pummel - Same as above. Finding it tough to find much differences between her and Granny atm.
Queen Chrysalis - She's been played time and time again, and I think now's the time she'll finally start listening to me. She wouldn't mind if I were booted, but I don't expect her the drive to go after me or, well, anypony right now.
Grand Pear - Meh? May or may not want to stick to Rainbow. Haven't gotten a good read on that yet.
Rarity - Basically Rainbow's puppet. There's a chance if Rainbow is cut that she'll crawl to me, but I really don't want to keep her around.
Rainbow Dash - Clearly the mastermind behind all the shady shit that went down last TC, but she's terrible about being subtle about it at all. She's been ruling this town for far too long, and I won't have it.

NOT THE BEST

As far as how I think other ponies trust each other... DJ clearly trusts me 100% at this point, and our reads are likely identical. Granny and Coco also probably trusts me and my alliance more than the other Sugarcubes, but their read on Pear is muddy. Chrysalis is probably just happy enough not being voted out, but I definitely sense a bitterness towards Rainbow/Rarity. Still, she also told me Starlight was probably a Trixie 2.0 first TC and still stuck by her during the next so I have no idea how her mind functions. Rainbow and Rarity are likely close enough to Pear, but they basically have no other allies. Or at least I hope so. I mean if Coco/Granny still have inroads with Rainbow/Rarity I'm fucked regardless so it's pointless to think about that.

So obviously the goal going into next TC is to take out Rainbow Dash, with Rarity being the second best option. The thing is I don't know if Rainbow ever found her idol from that clue. DJ said the clue was pretty rubbish, but Rainbow could very well be lying and still have an idol. I might have to orchestrate a vote split, but that would be risky. It would have to be something like 3 on Rarity and 2 on Rainbow assuming Chrysalis sides with us. If she doesn't though I'm fucked since I'd have 4 votes on me. I'm not sure if all of that would be worth it. Might just be better to stick to Rainbow.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2019, 07:30:18 am »
OK, wait a second. I need to think about how the end game is going to play out. I might be in trouble if the boot order is Rainbow -> Rarity. Because then Granny/Coco would have Pear and possibly even Chrysalis as well, and there's no way they're going after either of those two at F6. I'd need to win immunity at like both F6 and F5, which yeah is a long shot. Or I have to throw DJ under the bus, but I just can't bring myself to do that. If I can't win this game then I'd certainly want her too. And there's also the fact that Coco has at least one idol and will use it at F6, but I suspect that her or Granny have the Crystal idol as well. I might need to cut Coco this TC. I've been badmouthing Rainbow to literally everypony in the game, so nopony would believe I'd be working with her again. I mean that might leave a bad impression on Chrysalis or Pear though, and pulling off a move like that could potentially make me a bigger than Rainbow. But it wouldn't change the fact that Rainbow/Rarity still need to go and would beat both me/DJ and Granny at FTC, so it might buy the extra time I need to make it to F4. I would feel terrible as shit doing that, but I fear I'll have to make tough decisions to make it to the end. I have to talk to DJ about it.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 09:38:24 am »
On second thought I don't think I can take out Coco, not without destroying my reputation. I already told everypony I would never, ever work with Rainbow again, so if I work with her again then I just look like a huge liar who's not much better than Rainbow herself. Granny would not forgive me, Pear and Chrysalis would probably think I'm terrible. It would work wondrously for one TC and then completely derail my game straight after. That's the mistake Rainbow made. I don't want to make the same mistake Rainbow made. But if I just let the game play out and stay true to my alliance till the end it bit nip me down the road. I guess I have to decide if I want to play with my brain or with my heart, and deep down I really would like to make it to the end with all of the Fillymares. I'll wait to see how DJ responds to my pitch. Best case scenario is Coco or Granny pitches a vote outside of Rainbow or Rarity, which would sort of accomplish the main thing I wanted anyhow, which was extra time. But getting to the end with a good resume is just as important, and thanks to last TC Coco and Granny have me beat there. The correct play last TC was to rally up Coco/Granny/Pear and take out Rainbow, and since Rainbow/Rarity were gunning for Derpy she wouldn't be mad at me for blindsiding her anyways since she would've known she couldn't trust Rainbow. But I didn't make that call and let Derpy fall instead by blindly trusting Rainbow and Rarity, and I might have to work overtime to make up for that.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 10:33:17 am »
It recently occurred to me as well that we're kind of fucked all around. They might stick to our alliance believing that they can beat us, and I suspect they are right if so. That idol is a problem for sure, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had the other one as well. I hate to even say this, but it's possible that one way to help solve this might be to get the idol played on us somehow, although I wouldn't have a clue how to accomplish that. It's worth noting that just because we take out Rainbow or Rarity doesn't mean we have to take out the other as well, although I can't imagine the survivor would be tremendously pleased with us. I'm definitely open to some sort of not actually targeting Rainbow after all possibility, I've been trying to mend fences with her just in case. I don't think anypony will buy that Rarity needs to be taken out over us- frankly, I think she might lose an FTC to Pear- but, well, it's not a bad idea to start thinking about this stuff, unfortunately, if we want to make it to the end with a chance in hell.
Yeah, DJ figures we're pretty fucked too. Uggghhh I have no idea what to do.

Also my pony is turning out pretty terribly and I have to go to work so it won't be done until literally right before deadline so just a heads up on that.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 06:09:33 pm »
After thinking about it for a bit I think it's best just to boot out Rainbow this round. I'm not sure, I'm still thinking about it. Like if Granny or Coco pitches one of Pear/Chrysalis/Rarity I'd be fine with any of those being booted too. DJ thinks that Rarity would be a tough boot, but really I just link together whatever Rainbow and Rarity do so I don't think it would be that hard of a sell. I don't know if Rarity going at F7 would be the right call though, and it also might be too late to pitch a Pear/Chrysalis boot, so ehhhh.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 06:28:45 pm »
OK wait there's a whole day for grading!? Sweet, that means more time off to chill I guess.

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 08:46:44 am »
BEST

DJ Pon-3 - She's my closest ally by a long shot. We both need each other in this game more than ever.
Granny Smith - May or may not be thinking about taking a shot at me, but now would be a terrible time for her. It's obvious I would be a better ally to her than Rainbow, so I expect us work together a little longer.
Coco Pummel - Same as above. Finding it tough to find much differences between her and Granny atm.
Queen Chrysalis - She's been played time and time again, and I think now's the time she'll finally start listening to me. She wouldn't mind if I were booted, but I don't expect her the drive to go after me or, well, anypony right now.
Grand Pear - Meh? May or may not want to stick to Rainbow. Haven't gotten a good read on that yet.
Rarity - Basically Rainbow's puppet. There's a chance if Rainbow is cut that she'll crawl to me, but I really don't want to keep her around.
Rainbow Dash - Clearly the mastermind behind all the shady shit that went down last TC, but she's terrible about being subtle about it at all. She's been ruling this town for far too long, and I won't have it.

NOT THE BEST
If everypony did a ranking like that, what would each ranking look like? I know it's a lot, but I'm trying to figure out who has the best read of the game.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2019, 09:22:07 am »
I thought the little paragraph I added would be good enough but I guess not. I mean sure I might as well why not.

Also I finally messaged Rainbow after like three days. It would've been juicy to just ignore her the rest of the game, but I mean I could potentially need her so eh.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 09:34:46 am »
DJ Pon-3 - Soarin > Coco > Granny > Chrysalis > Pear > Rarity > Rainbow
Granny Smith - Coco > Pear > DJ > Soarin > Rarity > Chrysalis > Rainbow
Coco Pummel - Granny > Pear > DJ > Soarin > Rarity > Chrysalis > Rainbow
Queen Chrysalis - Pear > Coco > Granny > Soarin > DJ > Rarity > Rainbow
Grand Pear - Chrysalis > Granny > Coco > Rarity > Rainbow > DJ > Soarin
Rarity - Rainbow > Pear > Chrysalis > Coco > Granny > DJ > Soarin
Rainbow - Rarity > Pear > Chrysalis > Coco > Granny > DJ > Soarin

I think it gets a bit iffy lower down the list. Rarity/Rainbow are an obvious duo as is Granny/Coco and me/DJ, and I feel Chrysalis/Pear like each other a lot too since they're both around the bottom of the tribe and have probably talked about every vote. I feel at first it'll be easier to make a good impression on Chrysalis before Pear, but if I could reel both of them in that'll be very good. I think a have a plan of convincing them that Granny and Coco would be bigger jury threats than me, mostly revolving around them being in the loop last TC and how I probably didn't leave good impressions on Pinkie through ratting her out to anypony and Derpy for more/less letting her fall to the wayside, but I think that'll mostly take effect the TC after this one. I don't feel especially confident about my reads, and a lot of it depends on whether or not Rainbow/Rarity has been in cahoots with Coco/Granny or if the duo is literally stranded all on their own. I feel a lot of this ranking could change dramatically depending on how this next TC shakes up.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 10:42:02 am »
Rainbow invited me to a game of Onitama to talk things out. I was more interested in the conversation than the actual game, and Coco joined in right as it was ending, lol. That was a bit awkward. The most I learned was 3 things:

1)Derpy told Rainbow about the sort-of-but-not-really alliance between me/Derpy/DJ (why the heck did you do that Derpy that makes absolutely no sense).
2)Rainbow also knew that Derpy claimed not to have an idol but thought she'd likely have one anyways (OK fine I guess that makes sense).
3)Rarity was really adamant about voting out Derpy over Pear and played a bigger part in how the vote played out than I realized.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2019, 10:58:27 am »
I'm wondering what ~secret chats~ Rainbow's having with Coco in their Onitama games. Half of me wants to join in just in time to reveal some juicy info but I'd probably just embarrass myself more likely than not. 

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2019, 05:21:32 pm »
Nopony liked Buntail. :( Whatever, at least Rainbow or Rarity didn't win immunity. Pear winning immunity (yet again) is alright, forces Rainbow to push somepony else and gain more insight. I feel she's probably just going to push me though, so eh.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2019, 05:24:18 pm »
I thought Buntail was a very cute bunny!

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2019, 05:29:59 pm »
Ahem, she's a bun-pony. A hybrid of a bunny and a pony. Can't you tell by her hooves and cutie-mark? But thanks. :)

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 05:32:09 pm »
No worries! :) I got to play some with Rainbow and DJ after you left!

So... I think Rainbow is BSing you again. :/ She's been consistent with me about not wanting Pear out at all. Rainbow is also saying you are outright lying about her being the first person to bring Pear's name up - she says you brought it up first and she followed. I didn't ask her about that, she brought it up with me unprompted.

Rainbow's telling me she wants a split vote between you and DJ for this TC.
Pff, lol.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 05:53:00 pm »
OK actually I've been telling Coco and Granny that Rainbow came up with the idea to vote out Pear while telling Pear and Chrysalis that she wanted to vote out one of the SAAs and then I picked Pear out of there. I have no idea why I did that. Hopefully it doesn't come around to haunt me?

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2019, 06:38:00 pm »
whos gonna boot

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2019, 06:43:02 pm »
Maybe me, lol. Shit this was such a dumb idea why wasn't I just upfront with Granny and Coco.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2019, 08:30:38 pm »
Me & DJ came to the conclusion to put our Rainbow votes in early at the exact same time. There's nopony else I'd rather ride with.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 09:53:31 am »
Yeah, Chrysalis and Coco aren't talking to me. That's probably not a good sign. Fuck this game.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 10:59:30 am »
I think Rarity comes across as a lot more innocent in this whole situation, comparatively. Has she said much about how last vote went down from her own perspective?
Thank you for being upfront about fudging the truth a little there - you didn't have to and I would have believed you 100%, but instead you owned up to it and that speaks to your honesty. It's no big deal :) your head seemed to be in the right place and that's what matters; nopony's totally clean.

Rainbow seems confident that at least me, Granny, Rarity and Pear will vote her way, which is enough for her to feel okay with a split vote apparently? She hasn't gone into details about that plan yet so idk. What story is she selling you for this vote?
AAAAAAA I think this is a good sign? Please don't be blindsiding me. :(

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 11:45:29 am »
I have heard that, yes. And I don't blame you for that in the slightest. What I would like to ask however is, what is your plan for after Dash is gone? Like, okay the big power player is gone, now there's a very strange power vacuum, who do you see stepping up to fill that because somepony always does, and how do you plan to navigate that? I agree that Dash needs to go, but I want to make sure that the timing is right as well if that makes sense?
Chrysalis stop asking me the hard questions uggggghh.

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2019, 12:06:36 pm »
The obvious question is: how are you going to answer that?
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2019, 01:03:13 pm »
I mean I don't have a plan tbh. Rainbow probably hates my guts and will continuously go after me, and keeping her around when she also happens to be a huge threat is counterproductive to me. It's tough to know who will fill her shoes exactly. I was thinking Rarity initially, but losing Rainbow would be a big set-back. I could see Coco or Granny b/c those two are close. And me and Pear have somewhat of a similar dynamic we have after I voted for him, so he'd probably be more willing to side with them than me. The way I see it, the longer Rainbow sticks around the longer the game stagnates, and if she had her way me or DJ would booted this TC, and I certainly don't want that.
This was how I responded. I was considering just saying Rarity but that would be a BS answer and I don't think she'd buy that. If I don't have Chrysalis on my side I'm more/less screwed anyhow, and the last thing I want to do is come off as wishy-washy. And ideally I would want to go after Coco or Granny after this TC rather than Rarity. I'm not sure a Rarity vote would even be possible next TC, at least with my alliance, b/c Coco seems to like Rarity quite a bit. The other alternatives then would be Chrysalis or Pear, but they're more/less goats at this point so they might be a tough sell. I feel Coco/Granny would be thinking about taking me out next TC too if they aren't already thinking about it this TC, so if they stir up an opposition to me but I don't do anything against it and just blindly trust them then I'm butter and toast, so I feel it's a good idea to subtly mention their names so that Chrysalis would be more open to mentioning them in the future. That's all provided I make it through this TC of course. I feel I can bring Chrysalis on board so hopefully Granny and Coco aren't blindsiding me. I would be really sad if they were.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2019, 01:33:29 pm »
By the way, Coco asked me recently if I thought you seemed like you were down to take our foursome to the end or it seemed like you were discontent at all. I told her as far as I could tell that was your plan, even though it might not be.
Huh, that's interesting. Coco's never said anything similar to me regarding DJ. Maybe I'm just a really terrible actor? But if she senses that I might break apart that might give her incentive to cut me out earlier. I could see Coco bonding with Rarity after this TC and plotting to get me out. This is all assuming Rainbow's booted out this TC, of course. There's no point discussing anything anymore if Rainbow's not the boot this TC, b/c that'll either mean I'm dead and my game's over anyways or DJ's dead and my drive to play is over.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2019, 01:56:39 pm »
they probably wouldn't be down for it, but we might have to push them a little. they've got to know that they're currently higher EV in endgame than us so they might have to make a concession to keep us happy. yeah, i know the idol is a problem, but i think that we will have the tools to deal with it when the time comes if we play our cards right. i also think she's the scariest endgame opponent post-rainbow.
Provided Rainbow goes this TC the biggest question I have to work out is if Granny/Coco truly are bigger threats than me. I can imagine them thinking they'll be bigger threats than me based on the question Coco asked DJ before. Like I'm not loyal b/c they think I'll beat them. But can I beat them? I mean, I've been a target for like 3 out of 5 TCs now. That definitely has to count for something.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2019, 02:15:44 pm »
Yeah, I hope so too!

I heard about that and I fully understand it. I'm currently trying to check where the votes are going to land. But it seems like not many ponies are around. If I didn't have immunity, I'd be super paranoid right now, lol.
Good sign, possibly? Hopefully he doesn't think the majority is me, lol. I don't know what's happening regarding Rainbow and her crazy vote split plan.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 02:17:41 pm »
I imagine Coco and Granny are still debating about whether or not to boot me out this TC. Hopefully the answer is "no".

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 03:08:44 pm »
On phone rn watching the most recent Survivor episode :P

Do you think we have the votes here? Last I heard from Granny she was all for a Rainbow vote, so I think we at least have a plurality. And if they're going with this split vote then that means we're golden. They still haven't organised who exactly is voting whom, so I'm sceptical of their plan's validity a bit. I think there's a chance we could pull Chrys' vote, but probably not Rarity or Pear.

Also I used your song and its recommended feed as my playlist again today for work :D
Jfc why do you wait until 2 hours before deadline before giving me some reassurance eeeeeeeeee.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2019, 03:44:03 pm »
Jus’ confirmin’ with ya that I’ve voted for Dash
Ugggh why are all these ponies doing this like hours before deadline. Maybe I really am being blindsided. Or maybe Coco/Granny took a lot of time to deliberate it. Or maybe they were just waiting to hear about Rainbow's crazy af vote split scheme and never heard back. All of those sound equally plausible tbqh.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2019, 04:03:42 pm »
I think we've got this. Rainbow is talking like this is definitely a split vote, and Rarity hasn't been around enough for there to be this super coordinated push in another direction I wouldn't think. Chrysalis is talking like she's on-side here. And Granny is all for this Rainbow vote!
Sorry I haven't been around much today - I had a GP appointment this morning, and then I had to work a later shift than I wanted because of that. Today's just been a huge hassle.
Yaaaaay. :) Hopefully I'm not being blindsided!!

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2019, 04:25:54 pm »
I have voted for Dash, and it's possible this works out, but if it doesn't I am sorry that we spent the last few rounds in a really tensiony place and didn't get to fix it properly enough that we could actually take the time to go back to talking about video games and other fun things. If it does work out, do you mind if we scrap game chat for a couple PMs and do that thing where we're friends?
Awwwww yeeeaahhh!!!!

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2019, 04:32:37 pm »
What percent chance do you have of not being blindsided?

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2019, 04:51:26 pm »
90%? Honestly rn I'm more worried Rainbows been lying about not having an idol after all. I'd probably cry if I were idoled out here.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2019, 05:22:17 pm »
Well I'm on mobile so I couldn't see the whole vote count but awwww yeah! That's Act I of my vengeance complete. Will post more tomorrow cus I have work until 1 AM, lol.