Author Topic: Episode 12: Getting The Pink Slip  (Read 5292 times)

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
Episode 12: Getting The Pink Slip
« on: April 29, 2019, 05:11:36 pm »
It's now Jury Time, fillies and gentlecolts!

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 12
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 05:17:33 pm »
WOW BLINDSIDE

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 05:18:15 pm »
Flim Flam idoled out... if only I could have seen that coming.  :P

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 05:20:28 pm »
Idk, I posted at the start of last episode that starlight would play her Idol and Flim flam could go. Didn't expect both of those to happen though.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 05:21:17 pm »
Gotta wonder if Flim stays in the game if they don’t troll starlight  ;D

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 05:21:51 pm »
Idk, I posted at the start of last episode that starlight would play her Idol and Flim flam could go. Didn't expect both of those to happen though.
So did I lol, when I tried to move my stock after the deadline

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 05:22:31 pm »
It'll be interesting what those that didn't know starlight had the legacy advantage think of the cutie map information.

Well until everything is spread around about pinkie having had a pre-merge only idol and starlight ends up claiming credit. (Enough know that not doing so is even more stupid than doing so)

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 05:22:36 pm »
Flim and Flam remind me of Steve Irwin.  For years we all thought "That Crocodile Hunter dude is OBVIOUSLY gonna get killed by a wild animal," but for some reason he never did and then when it finally happened we were all surprised.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 05:34:43 pm »
Wild animals are easy... they just try to kill you.

Ponies are harder... sometimes they act like they're your friends first.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 05:54:42 pm »
Also can we talk about how rainbow dash went from "big threat, gotta look out for that one" and "has controlled multiple major decisions" to "absolute silence, nopony is thinking about her whatsoever"?

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 05:59:30 pm »
Hi everypony. I'm shocked I made it as far as I did. My schtick was exhausting. I think I was in a really good position had pinky not been given the idol.

Rooting really hard for Coco, DJ, Granny and Soarin.

Thorax and Lede I was so sad you guys got voted out <3

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 06:01:01 pm »
Also can we talk about how rainbow dash went from "big threat, gotta look out for that one" and "has controlled multiple major decisions" to "absolute silence, nopony is thinking about her whatsoever"?
Soarin and DJ and us were all planning on taking out Rainbow as soon as possible. I just had other ponies I was more angry at first lol.

Twilight Sparkle

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 06:41:25 pm »
So are you actually a hydra or not?
:sparkles:

Aquaburst

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 08:57:04 pm »
I will be a good spec I will be a good spec
Merge should be super fun!

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2019, 09:17:53 pm »
Poor flimflam. You went from being the most annoying thing to one of my favourites. :( Being idolled out sucks :(

You were beautiful.

Aquaburst

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 09:20:23 pm »
yeah ditto, I didn't warm to Team Fl_m at the start but have loved reading about them over the last few days :P

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2019, 10:27:22 pm »
aww, thanks <3 I'm surprised so many ponies put up with us for so long. We were hoping to goat our way to the end, and then nail the FTC.

life has gotten super busy so I'm not sure I'll be around to spec much. So I'll leave with final thoughts on the game from my perspective. (I didn't read confessionals or know who has idols)

I don't think too many people view Pear as a good player right now. He's doing enough to avoid the target, but he'll fast become a goat if he doesn't start standing out soon.

Rainbow is definitely seen as dominant to rarity, and all mentions of the group called them Rainbow. nopony I talked to trusted Rainbow after doing two well publicized flips. but if they keep positioning themselves as useful to have and hide behind the drama fallout for a bit, they might make it. It's not impossible.

People always speak highly of Coco and I don't see a world where she gets voted off before F4.

Ditto Granny but she might get threat booted before the end. I think she's keeping hold of Rainbow as a shield for that reason.

Starlite and Pinky I don't see a way lol.

Derpy has a lot of options at his disposal if he doesn't mess it up. I'm a little suprsied he voted me instead of pinky though, as he told most that he was voting pinky. He needlessly alienated himself from a lot of people who trusted him last round. He can recover, and I would find his journey to be the most interesting tbh.

Queen may survive if she lets starlite and pinky go and find new allies in that time. She never made any effort to talk to me (which tbh might be forgivable because I was high effort to talk to), but I know a couple players had similar complaints. (Like she apparently has made no effort to talk to Granny either)

DJ and Soarin are playing hard and they were so much fun as allies. I'm predicting the final 4 has DJ, Soarin, Coco, and wildcard 4th.

Aquaburst

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 10:38:42 pm »
Thank you for the write-up and insight from somepony who's been in the thick of it!

It's a lot of work keeping up so I really appreciate that kind of thing :)

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 06:22:19 am »
Hey Flim and Flam! I'm sorry to see you go. You ended up becoming one of my favorites, which I didn't think was possible at the start. Also, it's weird seeing you talk normally.

Prediction for this round:
DJ's confessional: As long as Rainbow and Rarity stick with us, we can get Pinkie out.
Queen's confessional: Our best chance is to swing Rainbow and Rarity back to our side.
Rarity's confessional: Oh my god guys, I think I'm getting voted out

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 07:34:58 am »
Queen is tanking so incredibly hard.  Just not even messaging several influential people while turning off those she does message by fighting to the death for Pinkie

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2019, 07:37:00 am »
Derpy out here telling stupid already discredited lies like that they didn't try to throw a challenge.  Also Derpy claiming to have voted Pinkie even though everypony can count and will just assume it that last vote was Derpy.

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2019, 09:21:03 am »
aww, thanks <3 I'm surprised so many ponies put up with us for so long. We were hoping to goat our way to the end, and then nail the FTC.

life has gotten super busy so I'm not sure I'll be around to spec much. So I'll leave with final thoughts on the game from my perspective. (I didn't read confessionals or know who has idols)

I don't think too many people view Pear as a good player right now. He's doing enough to avoid the target, but he'll fast become a goat if he doesn't start standing out soon.

Rainbow is definitely seen as dominant to rarity, and all mentions of the group called them Rainbow. nopony I talked to trusted Rainbow after doing two well publicized flips. but if they keep positioning themselves as useful to have and hide behind the drama fallout for a bit, they might make it. It's not impossible.

People always speak highly of Coco and I don't see a world where she gets voted off before F4.

Ditto Granny but she might get threat booted before the end. I think she's keeping hold of Rainbow as a shield for that reason.

Starlite and Pinky I don't see a way lol.

Derpy has a lot of options at his disposal if he doesn't mess it up. I'm a little suprsied he voted me instead of pinky though, as he told most that he was voting pinky. He needlessly alienated himself from a lot of people who trusted him last round. He can recover, and I would find his journey to be the most interesting tbh.

Queen may survive if she lets starlite and pinky go and find new allies in that time. She never made any effort to talk to me (which tbh might be forgivable because I was high effort to talk to), but I know a couple players had similar complaints. (Like she apparently has made no effort to talk to Granny either)

DJ and Soarin are playing hard and they were so much fun as allies. I'm predicting the final 4 has DJ, Soarin, Coco, and wildcard 4th.
none of this surprises me at all based on what we’ve seen in confessionals, so it seems like you had a pretty strong read on the game!

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2019, 11:31:29 am »
Yeah, exactly! ^

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2019, 11:47:56 am »
Coco getting all this negative spv is VERY spicy

Princess Cadance

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2019, 12:24:35 pm »
It'll be interesting, but also, Coco has not gone yet for the challenge so maybe none of this will matter. But also I'm not sure how much we can trust Derpy on getting their plans to work, and Pinkie also may be drawing dead. Side note: Grand Pear currently has immunity and Pinkie will not get it.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 01:45:51 pm »
If she can pull it off that would be pretty awesome, but at the same time it is probably a much safer idea to set herself up for the near future by putting the blindside on somepony who is a number for coco but isnt as popular.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2019, 02:05:10 pm »
I have lied about my vote and I will fucking stick to this shit lmao

SENT USING PONYPHONE
Is there anypony you've told?
yes, all of the people who were on flimflam and rainbow dash

SENT USING PONYPHONE
hmm yeah this secret/lie is going to blow up almost immediately

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 02:06:38 pm »
Going to my grave with this lie, bwahaha!  Only told 4 out of the other 10 people!

Sorry derpy :(  But information moves fast and when you're starting with 40% of the game knowing...

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 02:19:05 pm »
Given that Rainbow Dash is one of the most connected ponies out there, or at least was... everypony will soon know about Derpy's lie.

Fun fact: Pinkie managed to work out the Idol clue from earlier. Too bad Coco got it first.
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 02:32:28 pm »
Rainbow and Rarity would be pretty smart to go along with Derpy/Starlight/Queen/Pinkie at this point, although they'd obviously be the biggest threats of that group once it gets down to it. But it's an alliance of 4 goats!!!

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2019, 02:53:56 pm »
Tbf Derpy is lying about stuff that people know is just a lie?

Agree that it puts rainbow and Rarity in an important swing position.

Pinkie's understanding of Coco continues to bemuse and frustrate.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2019, 02:55:12 pm »
Rainbow and Rarity would be pretty smart to go along with Derpy/Starlight/Queen/Pinkie at this point, although they'd obviously be the biggest threats of that group once it gets down to it. But it's an alliance of 4 goats!!!
Those 4 goats would all bounce Rarity and Rainbow before they bounce each other.  So RD&R would have to do a lot of swinging back and forth between those 4 and other threats as the numbers whittled from 9 -> 4.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2019, 03:21:36 pm »
RD and rarity don't need to align with goats, they need to slaughter goats NOW if they want any chance of making it to the end.

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2019, 04:15:32 pm »
it’s tough because RD and rarity would be at the bottom on either side they go with

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2019, 04:17:33 pm »
Going to my grave with this lie, bwahaha!  Only told 4 out of the other 10 people!

Sorry derpy :(  But information moves fast and when you're starting with 40% of the game knowing...
Quote from: DJ
Also, Derpy decided to tell me she didn't vote for Flim, while Queen says Derpy has owned up to it. So that's uh, a bad decision.
I’d like to start a running tally of how many times one of Queen’s allies is screwed because she accidentally exposes their lie

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2019, 04:42:19 pm »
Derpy out here telling stupid already discredited lies like that they didn't try to throw a challenge.  Also Derpy claiming to have voted Pinkie even though everypony can count and will just assume it that last vote was Derpy.
I think Derpy legitimately believes he didn't throw it, since he sat out. As for lying about the vote, yeah, I have no idea. Just tell everypony you couldn't tell who was telling the truth but thought Pinkie was more believable.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2019, 05:01:03 pm »
I think with Derpy's posting in the tribe forum, they wouldn't have ended up actually throwing it if they participated.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2019, 05:03:28 pm »
Yes, I did gather eventually that FlimFlam tried to do that, which is kind of lame, because again we didn't try to throw.
"we"

It's just a total lie about something already fully established

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2019, 06:43:42 pm »
Thank you Rainbow for giving us confessional updates while you're in such a pivotal position (even if you aren't aware of it)! You're a real one.

So Rainbow starting to feel like he's drifting apart from Rarity because he's closer with Pear/Granny/Coco while Rarity is closer to Pinkie/Queen. I wonder if Derpy will pitch the big move of taking out Coco to Rainbow now that they have that connection... I don't see Rainbow going for it based on his last post.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2019, 07:35:09 pm »
Derpy's actually playing for Big Moves, and not just being a Big Moves Maddie.

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2019, 10:21:52 pm »
Is rarity closer to pinki/queen tho? Queen yes, but it sounds like she is worried by pinki. A good move from rainbow would be to get rid of one of them to ensure that rarity is more dependent on them?

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2019, 12:16:18 am »
Rainbow and Rarity starting to separate ways is a really interesting development!

I think Rarity would benefit from all of queen/pinkie/starlite staying in the game for the foreseeable future. There are a lot of ponies on the anti-pinky squad that aren't fans of Rarity (Granny, Soarin, DJish at the least) and i don't think the endgame path would be easy for Rarity if he loses the pinky crew.  One of the biggest surprises to me reading confessionals was Rarity genuinely voting Pinky (I assumed he knew about the idol).

I'm pretty sure Coco is majorly influencing Rarity to be against Pinky right now. (She and Granny were also probably the only reason Rainbow voted Pinky last round too)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2019, 05:21:50 am »
Sounds like Starlight had found out DJ hasn't been carousel strong the whole time. Can only imagine it getting worse when if they had thrown the challenge flimflam wouldn't have been going home.

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2019, 06:32:32 am »
Is rarity closer to pinki/queen tho? Queen yes, but it sounds like she is worried by pinki. A good move from rainbow would be to get rid of one of them to ensure that rarity is more dependent on them?
At first that strikes me as a good move, but keeping Queen/Pinkie in the game severely limits the options of Granny/DJ/Soarin/Pear/Coco. The Queen/Pinkie duo is a powerful weapon that’s impossible to wield.

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2019, 06:51:20 am »
Agreed that Rarity and Rainbow are going to be better off with Queen/Pinkie in the game than without but if they make that move, they're going to be seen even more as flip floppers than they are already.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2019, 06:55:37 am »
I’m starting to really enjoy Derpy’s nonsense. The only non-alliance person she told about her obvious Flim Flam vote was Dash but now she tells Granny her ideal boot would be Dash. Almost verging into a more together, less bitter Hiyoko in terms of how hard it is trying to comprehend what she’s doing. I like it now and hope she can last a few more TCs!

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2019, 08:06:17 am »
Derpy = hiyoko is exactly what I thought.

Coco blindside = celeste blindside.. who will blow it up first?

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2019, 09:19:02 am »
Pinkie solving that impossible idol clue has allowed for a pretty strong bluff of having a second idol.  Maybe enough to get the target off her, even though there's one person out there that will know Pinkie doesn't have it, and Pinkie is obviously aware of that.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2019, 10:10:32 am »
Otoh Pinkie is sabotaging their own side by shunning those who voted against them

This is stupid and I don't like playing with Pinkie. Apparently she's banning some ponies from talking to her and now trying to go after Coco as the next vote, I assume as part of her plan to clean house for Jury. If that's true, the next vote after Coco is super me. Also she's building her social capital to protect herself and it's just asinine. She literally hasn't spoken to me since I apologized for the vote against her. Like fuck you you're not a queen.

Regardless I was to see her, Derpy, Starlight, or Chrysalis go. Chrysalis does nothing but parrot what Pinkie wants ponies saying and she will never be a loyal friend until that link is broken. I kind of hope Soarin and co don't take the bait and try to cannibalize themselves, because Pinkie is still an annoying and ridiculous threat.
That clique of Derpy/Starlight/Pinkie/Queen is enough votes to be a credible threat and get a campaign going, but i think theyre all too isolated for there to really be a good name they can get follow-on voters behind

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2019, 11:02:04 am »
Yeah, I chuckled reading Discord calling it the goat alliance. I did kind of agree but a tight 4 person alliance should in theory be an influential and credible threat.
But this is such a trainwreck of an alliance that they really do seem to be a goat alliance. You have Pinky pissing off everypony who voted her even further, Queen not talking to anypony outside and accidentally revealing secrets, Starlite and Derpy and their whole dysfunctional relationship and strategies. I'm getting really embarrassed in hindsight that they managed to get me out.

The skill gap between those 4 and DJ/Soarin/Granny/Coco is so large that Rarity and Rainbow probably don't even view this as a swing vote.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2019, 11:15:25 am »
I think soarin made a huge mistake here. Rarity being the target will either come back against him hard and fast or rarity's paranoia will lead to a beautiful one episode trainwreck narrative arc.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2019, 11:22:36 am »
Rarity/Dash/Soarin might be the only ones actually vulnerable to the foursome, although it will still be difficult. Derpy succeeding at just claiming against all evidence to be with people other than QC/PP/SG, and I’m here for it. Mad scientist your way to the end my beautiful pony. I really do feel like that foursome is all benefitting from Derpy’s wild offers because it makes it less clear that they’re all one isolated bloc. Derpy is the only one from that group it seems doing real outreach to other players.

Princess Cadance

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2019, 11:35:37 am »
I'm incredibly confused by soarin atm

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2019, 11:41:23 am »
omg, they might actually pull it off on Soarin because Rarity and Rainbow know Soarin isn't happy with them. pls no.
I think i spoke too soon.

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2019, 11:58:23 am »
Derpy also thinks he can get DJ and Rarity to vote out Coco. I don't think this is going to work out.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2019, 12:30:36 pm »
What's also fun about it all is that these are the people that have been online all day... so they're the ones putting the potential names out on the table for 90% of the TC phase.  To Soarin and Rarity and whoever it probably seems like they're people they have to navigate and work with, because Pear and Coco and all them are just not there to move conversation.  Ofc then people can show up and the whole day's plotting can be vetoed in 10 minutes.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2019, 12:33:20 pm »
I'm imagining being in real life Survivor and like 3/4 of the tribe is off on reward somewhere and it's just me and two other people at camp, and I walk up to one of them and I'm like, yeah, so the names I'm hearing are yours and Coco's.

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2019, 01:18:14 pm »
Noooooooooooooo. Soarin, why would you target the swing vote at this stage. Rarity was itching for a reason to vote Pinky.
I can't bear to spectate anymore.

Please Derpy, keep trying for this coco blindside so Soarin can maybe survive.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2019, 01:38:55 pm »
He interrogated Rarity/Dash way too much about that Fluttershy boot.  I don't want him to go but we all saw that as a big potential issue at the time.  The Goat 4 hit on the right target here... but Soarin maybe could have avoided it if he'd spent the day focusing on one of them hard in discussions with Rarity etc.  Maybe one of his allies will parachute in and get some votes moved around but looks like he's likely to go right now.

I wonder what Derpy thinks of this Small Move

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2019, 01:50:11 pm »
It's very possible to recover from losing your allies premerge like that, but you need to do... not what soarin did.