Author Topic: Episode 11: Ride The Lightning  (Read 1957 times)

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Episode 11: Ride The Lightning
« on: April 27, 2019, 05:36:47 pm »
Holy cow, they actually voted buried. ._.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 11
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 05:50:23 pm »
How do you plan to survive in the harsh and unforgiving streets of canterlot make friends in this new and exciting magical realm?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 06:23:28 pm »
well, right now i'm just gonna talk to some ponies and see what happens. with buried gone, my situation is looking a little better. i have some friends already, and that side may well be in disarray? we'll see.

also i dislike this challenge and always have.

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 06:24:57 pm »
But it's a classic!

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 06:48:58 pm »
not everything old is good.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 06:50:03 pm »
(the main problem imo is that nopony is willing to burn social capital and lie for one immunity, and so it becomes random at best and a diplomacy challenge at worst)

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 06:51:42 pm »
wait, with an even number... it's pretty unlikely anypony will win this, isn't it? that's even worse :(

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 06:58:57 pm »
all of a sudden, my connections feel kind of good and not bad. maybe im actually doing well? i hope nopony else thinks that.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 07:12:05 pm »
ive somehow added the expression "for a hot second" somewhere along the line even though i dont think ive ever said that before.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 08:04:36 pm »
i am learning all kinds of things and have no idea which ones really need relaying here. im getting narratives about the lede boot (so spicy!), trying to talk about flutter, telling coco more or less everything i know god i love her, firming up and reforming existing connections. i feel like im likely to wind up a swing vote no matter what sides form, because my friends are sort of spread out and don't have that much in common.

Florina Tart

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 08:06:12 pm »
can we recap who your friends are rn?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 08:12:09 pm »
Yes!

Friends: Coco > Soarin = Flim&Flam > QC
Fake friends: Star Derpy Granny
New ponies: Rainbow Pear Rarity Pinkie

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 08:12:48 pm »
So far, all the new ponies are making good impressions. Except Pear, since he's, yknow, not online.

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2019, 12:07:09 am »
1. What names have you herd so far for the merge vote?
2. What’s your attitude going to be for the first merge vote? As-long-as-it-aint-me, or will you jockey for position?
3. Who is your mane ally?
4. Who is the dark horse to win the game?
5. Who’s somepony that you’re allied with now, but is going to stirrup trouble for you in the long run?
6. Who needs to get off their high horse?
7. How stable is your position?
8. What percent chance do you have of whinnying this game?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2019, 10:38:02 am »
1. the only thing ive heard so far is that pinkie may want to murder flim & flam
2. as long as it aint me, or my friends, ill go with it. if its my friends, id do a little work try and get a different target or flip to the other option.
3. coco pommel
4. i dunno, maybe granny?
5. I don't know! Any of them could, I suppose. Soarin might be the least likely since I don't know that he has any good connections, they all died or stabbed fluttershy.
6. derpy!
7. i guess id need to know what my position is to be able to answer this. i dont think ill be the first one out?
8. 15% because i can do math and i think im reasonably high equity right now

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 10:58:30 am »
flim & flam having lost their closest allies in the last phase definitely sucks a little bit for my chances of using them to get connected with the ponies i don't know, eh? oh well. they might actually look bootable here, so ill see if i can help them if things start to go that way.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 11:25:10 am »
I guess if I want to reel QC back in I should probably share a bit with her. Coco doesn't trust her at all, which is fun. Here are a couple other snippets Coco told me.

DJ help I got swapped onto an inactive tribe that was already aligned with each other and now they want me to join their cult
Just going to declare that you're overtly my #1 in this game. And also your gut read on Chrysalis was totally right, I don't get good vibes from her at all.

I don't know if I'm planning to tell anypony else about just how close QC/Pinkie/Rarity are, so at least for now it would be amazing if that could be under wraps!
Thorax was apparently scrolling back and forth with Pinkie Pie right before last swap, and Pinkie was telling him that next round was going to be a blindside on a Sweet Apple Acres pony. So it looks like the group was QC/Pinkie/Rarity/RD and they were going to make a #bigmove #blindside. They're pushing hardcore for Wonderbolt unity and if I'm reading the room right, they want something along the lines of Wonderbolt + RD and Granny.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 11:26:54 am »
Eh, I regret what I shared with QC (in short that i kinda like soarin/flimflam- oops, pinkie hates them lol) now that I'm reading those quotes back over, haha.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2019, 05:08:14 pm »
the strategy for this challenge hasn't changed since the first time i saw it either. announce your intentions immediately and everypony will avoid you. too bad we ran this challenge with an even number of players for some reason.

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2019, 05:15:04 pm »
the strategy for this challenge hasn't changed since the first time i saw it either. announce your intentions immediately and everypony will avoid you. too bad we ran this challenge with an even number of players for some reason.

The real shame for this challenge is that there was no possibility for multiple winners. It was either one pony, or none.
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 05:16:00 pm »
that actually could add some interesting drama.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 05:24:39 pm »
1) Coming into this merge, which ponies were you most excited to reconnect with?
ms. coco pommel.

2) Which previous tribes seem to be the most relevant to the game state right now? Is that good for you?
uhhh... wonderbolt might matter?

3) Item, idols, and whatnot. Are you worried about those?
yep, but im hoping nopony will want me to die yet.

4) If we hadn't merged when we had, would you have been safe in Fluttershy's Cottage/Wonderbolt Academy/Golden Oak Library?
hell yeah

5) nopony won immunity. Who needed immunity?
i still dont know this one

6) Has jury management started for you?
no, oops

7) What is the number one reason for your vote tonight?
anypony but me, baby. and also maybe not coco soarin or flimflam. im not doing the sandra thing right am i.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 05:46:00 pm »
i begin to understand how its possible to get fatigued by pm volumes around this part of the game

will you all shut up for a second please

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 07:33:36 pm »
F&F say derpy/star are gonna get out. Nopony else is telling me anything.

Yay.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2019, 02:46:40 am »
Hello Luna has been very sleepy and paid 0 attention, what's going on with the vote and stuff?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2019, 07:25:15 am »
Currently,

Soarin has pitched targeting Pinkie or Rarity but I don't think we did anything about it yet.
Derpy/Star have heard from Pinkie & Rarity that Flim is targeting them. I suspect it is in fact Pinkie & Rarity who are targeting them.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 08:15:38 am »
seems like golden oak may be uniting over being annoyed with pinkie. who knew this was all it would take?

it seems a bit silly to be voting a giant goat here, but meh.

Currently, I'm not too fussed how this turns out. none of the serious targets appear to be my friends.

It seems like the ponies I haven't met are three low activity goatsicles and rainbow. which is kind of dumb but okay.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2019, 10:25:29 am »
So I'm pretty sure that Pinkie is deliberately looking to create a fight between Derpy and FlimFlam. She's misrepping both of them as strongly wanting the other out when in fact it seems to me like both pushes were actually her idea.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2019, 10:33:18 am »
She also tried to get me to go for a FlimFlam vote, but I didn't give her an answer. For one thing, these pushes are so ephemeral right now. Why would I want my name on paper as saying "I want X out" when the vote could very well still change to be between Y and Z? Not to mention, having seen what Pinkie has done with slivers of information so far, like hell am I giving her anything to string me up with.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2019, 10:38:43 am »
Derpy and FlimFlam are so paranoid they can't see further than their own muzzles. :\

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 10:39:40 am »
She also tried to get me to go for a FlimFlam vote, but I didn't give her an answer. For one thing, these pushes are so ephemeral right now. Why would I want my name on paper as saying "I want X out" when the vote could very well still change to be between Y and Z? Not to mention, having seen what Pinkie has done with slivers of information so far, like hell am I giving her anything to string me up with.

There's also the part where my real answer is "um, hell no dude." Not really something I want out there any more than it has to be.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 11:01:24 am »
Star is telling Soarin a lot of things and not talking to me at all. I guess maybe that's what she's been doing all this time?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2019, 11:08:24 am »
I am foolishly choosing to be honest with Starlight about my take on the whole situation. I would currently like to vote Pinkie out.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2019, 12:27:03 pm »
if this idol clue is really all rainbow got then i feel sorry for her thats super worthless

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2019, 12:28:55 pm »
the whole "figuring out what the puzzle even is" part of a puzzle is the part i am the worst at so this riddle makes me want to tear my hair out and scream.

i wouldnt be surprised if nopony had this idol because what the fuck this is madness.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2019, 12:40:28 pm »

*growls*

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2019, 01:15:29 pm »
Pinkie hasn't PMed me in a while, she must know I'm more or less running around making her look bad. Oh well.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2019, 01:17:49 pm »
it occurs to me that id be doing equally fine if id just logged off for the last 6 hours. >_<

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2019, 01:34:07 pm »
apparently pinkie now has tried to target me and then also tried to target soarin.

ok uh feel free to die thats fine. maybe both of the options were actually trixie 0:

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2019, 02:00:28 pm »
Granny has told me that my willingness to give Soarin and FlimFlam a chance worked and now other ponies aren't as dubious about me as Star and Derpy. Go me!

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2019, 02:52:46 pm »
Oddly, I seem to be closer to Derpy now than I was before.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2019, 02:53:27 pm »
I'm pretty baffled as to how Starlight hooked up with Pinkie and Queen inside like 20 hours and that's apparently her plan A now or something.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2019, 03:12:43 pm »
it's pinkie vs. flimflam, so i'm voting pinkie. it's possible flimflam are the pot stirrers, if anything it might be the more likely option, but i don't care all that much if they were. nopony agrees on who was fibbing and the vote may be close but i think we have it. queen, star, pinkie are for sure voting flim, rainbow seems unsure, pear and rarity are supposed to be with us but i have no actual idea if that's true, coco is on the fence but will likely go with us.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2019, 04:36:13 pm »
Okay, now that I've sped through hasty replies to basically everypony...

Chrysalis is coming across as really skeevy here. Her pitch to me when I got home was 'I've heard it's Pinkie or FlimFlam, and you and I know that Pinkie is so honest and would never do the things she's being accused of!' which was total baloney. Hilariously, around the same time Pinkie sent me and Granny a PM talking about how we could just make a secret majority alliance here and not mention it to anypony outside of the majority. The group she suggested was this (and of course I'd love if this remained between us):

Quote from: Pinkie
I asked FlimFlam if he wanted to have just me, them, you two, Pear, Rarity and Dash vote for somepony whose name hadn't been said yet, and keep it to ourselves so no idol business gets played. I suggested Soarin and FlimFlam says that it's either Star or them, so idk.

The name that is very notably not on this list is Chrysalis. So I went and showed that to Chrysalis to get her to maybe come to her senses and realise that Pinkie isn't this honest ally she is claiming to be.
Chrysalis basically ignored what I sent her and shut down any possibility that Pinkie could do wrong. So at this point I'm considering Chrysalis a bit of a lost cause.

A bunch of people are saying Pinkie at this point, and that's absolutely fine with me. Hard agree with what you're saying in regards to FlimFlam, I think you and I are going to need shields moving forward in this game and FlimFlam is a very strong one. I would argue that Granny fills a similar role and we should probably make sure she isn't taken out super early, because tbh neither of us are near the bottom of the threat totem pole.

More reasons this pony is my gurl.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 11: Ride The Lightning
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2019, 04:54:51 pm »
I'm Derpy's #1 and have been along, aren't I?

Wow, I'm a shit friend.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 11: Ride The Lightning
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2019, 04:58:39 pm »
I'm Derpy's #1 and have been along, aren't I?

Wow, I'm a shit friend.

There were signs before, but the fact I'm the one he talks to as the clock ticks down about how stressful it was is actually really hitting this home for me.

Dude might just not be very good at seeming trustworthy.