Author Topic: Episode 7: The Return of Pinkie  (Read 844 times)

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
Episode 7: The Return of Pinkie
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:16:40 am »
Well Pinkie is back, how the hell did that happen. I'm assuming Derpy might have worked some angles to get some ponies to vote for Pinkie instead of Trixie.
The swap has made things really interesting.

FlimFlam, Lede and me stayed together, which happened to be our Alliance of 3.

Rarity, Dash and Fluttershy came over from Sugarcube. Rarity sent me a dragon scroll telling me to vote for Trixie and expressing an interest in working with me, so definitely a good angle to work. I've talked with Dash during the first challenge, although it wasn't a whole lot. Fluttershy is completely new for me. I have no idea how their dynamic is, so we'll see how that works out.

MCColt and the Queen came over from the Carousel. I have some history with McColt, so that's not bad. Queen seems pretty nice to talk to, first impression. Wondering how much McColt is going to be targeted for being a part of "Team Derpy"

Pinkie the returnee! First thing I did is tell her that I want to start fresh, and immediately offered her a deal to work together and not target each other. I made it appear like we might need each other, as we were pitted against each other at last tribal, and we didn't really have any choice in the matter. I'm afraid Pinkie might have an idol or something, so I'd rather not become her target.

On the other side, Granny-Derpy being put on the same tribe might be worrisome. I have a feeling they'll work closely together and that might be bad if merge comes around. For some reason I see Derpy only as a threat, and not a potential ally.

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 7: The Return of Pinkie
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 10:41:59 am »
Rainbow Dash is already asking if I want to work with her and Rarity as a three. Niiiiiice!

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 11:48:04 am »
Flim mentioned he's telling other ponies that I was slightly on the outs because of being the countervote to Pinkie

I've been pretty much doing the same thing, being unsure about my position in the old tribe. I'm hoping that puts me in the position of being THE pony everypony wants to try and reel in, like Dash seems to be already doing.

It does make me wonder if either I was not in the most comfortable position like I thought I was, or if my connections were well hidden so nopony expected me to have so much alliances?

Lede has asked me how tied I am with FlimFlam and I told him that I was prepared to let them go if I needed to. Lede seemed to approve of that, but we agreed to only do it if it's necessary for our own games.

Either way, things are going pretty well so far. If Pinkie would get back to me and throw herself at me, that would be pretty amazing.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 12:14:55 pm »
What are your thoughts on the auction and immunity so far?

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 12:40:54 pm »
I'm hoping for immunity, which is why I publically made a thread about it.
Having personal items is nice, but probably overrated? I'm usually horrible at deciding what to get so not spending much is my way to go here lol

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 11:47:09 pm »
So many messages.

I think I've got a three with Dash and Rarity going for me.

This TC has been weird though. Pinkie is the only one telling me names right now.

The Sugarcubes were considering me as a vote(what??), but they are probably going after Mccolt. McColt was also the idea I got from my talks with Dash and Rarity. I'm assuming my name came from Fluttershy? If Dash or Rarity mentioned me that might be dangerous.

McColt wants FlimFlam or Rarity, which makes me want to vote out McColt. Trying to get this in the heads of the other apples.

Also Pinkie started a secret former apple Alliance(FlimFlam, Lede, Pinkie and me, for you non-researchers). I'm wondering just how effective this is going to be.

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 11:58:29 pm »
I think currently it's between McColt, Rarity and FlimFlam.
I'm going to do whatever I can to keep it off Rarity

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 04:56:27 am »
And now an Alliance is forming between Dash, Rarity, me, FlimFlam and Lede.
If this is happening that would be awesome. We can pick up Pinkie to vote with us and have a 6 on 3 majority.

Dash wants to vote out Flutter now? But it might settle on McColt because of the items he has.

Dash told me Soarin has a pen pals thread with Flutter. I acted like I didn't know what it was, but Granny already told me she had a similar thing with Derpy, and Derpy has one with McColt.

Looking at that, booting McColt might not be a bad idea

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 10:45:50 am »
OMG Lede slept through deadline and we have a tie.

Flutter has tried to work me pretty hard. I've definitely played "the guy on the outs" extremely well. everypony thinks I'm an easy vote, but in reality, I have so many connections that I don't think I am at all.

So now we have "the 5", which consists of Lede, FlimFlam, Dash, Rarity and me. Inside of that 5, is the "Inner Circle of 3", which is Rarity, Dash and me!

Being seen as on the outs is such a big thing, I don't think I've ever been in this position before. I'm going to work it HARD.

I've messaged Pinkie about why she was left out, in the hopes of repairing that relationship.

I don't know how I'm going to deal with the Carousels yet, so I'm ignoring them for now.

Despite me not being very active all the time, I think I'm doing one hell of a job building connections with the right people. I'm not seen as a threat AT ALL, which hopefully will punch my ticket to go very deep in this game. I think I should be safe until merge(or swap?). We'll see how things turn out then, but I'm pretty confident I won't be seen as somepony that needs to go out immediately. I think I could be seen as somepony that can be beaten at FTC, so hopefully it'll stay that way and I can surprise them all by laying out my entire game there and winning by a landslide.  8)

Or maybe I'll be voted out next, who knows? I'm having fun, so that's what counts.

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 01:24:24 pm »
I'm not sure if I should be insulted by how all of Flutter, Crysalis and McColt are telling me I have no connections and will be an easy boot later.

Or if I should be proud that I made them think that.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 10:08:09 pm »
How does your trust list look like for this tribal?