Author Topic: Episode 4: Sour Apples  (Read 1068 times)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Episode 4: Sour Apples
« on: April 09, 2019, 01:34:22 am »
I'm probably got stuff to say here later, right now though is just wanting a thread made, and ignoring my messages because I don't expect anypony to be responding, even if 1 of them may also be in a similar timezone to me.

Some complain about neck labels on bottles as well.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 4: Sour Apples
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:38:20 am »
That's right, noticing the pony that has been sitting online the longest going home at the last tribal council is interesting.

Although because of the chance of it spreading somewhere, I assume Trixie just wanted to talk to Octvia again. With those two there, I don't want to risk getting voted out into what I just perceive to be a death row like twist. Getting voted out is not a risk I'd want to take anyway, but even moreso with  pair like that in there.
It's good that they managed to connect via the study group though.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 04:36:19 am »
Okay, I've now decided that my allies or potential allies or whatever they call themselves need to know more about each other.
Or something, I just don't quite know where Pear sits in with it, or even what groupings I want as my main focus.

I'm sure it can backfire because it can spread in the wrong angles because I'll bring up different ones to different ponies in a random order, but this tribe isn't going to last long enough that I need to pick sides.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 04:42:21 am »
I want to kno what timezone the view posts by time thing is on the profile stats page, I'm assuming it's eastern rather than pacific because my board time is set to pacific, and I'm seeing posts at 2pm in my confessional, but they're not listed as such on the profile stats page.

I know if I want to feel the whole thing I need to stay up the night, it's a little scary that you can probably figure out my timezone though for when 2-6am is as the period I never post.

I'd better just also never post here at 8pm my own time just to keep the 5am slot on the bar graph clear.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 12:59:35 pm »
Why does having an upcoming challenge you're waking up to do make sleep so hard? It's not like I'm not used to waking up at this time

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 04:20:32 pm »
I now regreat saying we should be double checkig everything.

why couldn't the last challenge have been the double elimination?

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 04:50:41 pm »
Quote from: Pinkie Pie
As long as the twist isn't "surprise you're all one tribe now, have fun!" I think I'm down for any twists right now
(I sort of expect this twist)
But reason for quoting this here is you're probably not ready for the twist of getting voted out.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 10:44:18 pm »
Quote from: Granny Smith
Regardin' Pinkie, she's just neighed to me that she wants to vote either Pear or Flim and Flam.

It's good to see that this is what I am thinking the next vote will come down to getting posted out in the open per say. It means I'm actually in a really good position on this tribe.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 10:45:08 pm »
Well also Pinkie is the vote here because I believe I have semi-official alliances with the rest of the tribe.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 10:46:24 pm »
Care to share your thoughts on how closely you are tied to all the other players in your tribe and how closely tied they are to others?

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 11:37:43 pm »
I will give you a hierarchic of my belief of the hierarchy of this tribe when I get to "reading Thorax's mind" and the answers to the tribal council. I haven't worked out how I'm going to answer the question in public though, anything resembling what I believe to be true just paints a target on my back.

Right now I'm trying to work out who might have given pinkie the idea of voting flim and flam, and then who shut it down.
As i didn't hear it as an option until granny smith said she'd her it, which was 40 minutes after pinkie telling me that she had got Pear floating.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 11:39:06 pm »
sort of irreverent when I was out and reading all those messages at the same time, but the principal of detectiving is at stake!

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 12:16:00 am »
now I'm debating whether I should just throw lede under the metaphysical bus for playing along with playing fair with pinkie and telling me as such.
When it's not my name in question I feel like I should just do it so everypony else knows in the future and will want to save me ethen.

and then I'll probably play along as well and be a double agent.
But currently I'm leaning towards no, I don't need Lede in trouble yet, he's one of my top allies.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 01:00:52 am »
Attempted mind-reading time!

1) It was a close challenge, but not close enough. Is challenge performance an issue for this tribe?
We spent too much time between finishing the list and officially submitting it. We've done well on other challenges, and only barely lost this one. Our challenge performance seems fine to me.

2) How do the opportunities at cross-tribal communication affect the vote tonight, if at all?
My vote will be greatly impacted due to me now knowing Sunburst and Soarin's favorite colors.

3) Is there a hierarchy on this tribe?
Spoiler
[close]
1. Only reason we're here is that you decided you wanted a second elimination this round.

2. No.

3. Yes. Nothing changes.

Good effort ponies <3. 25 sec pretty close!
1. no we gud. mite be gud thing dis tribe didna dominate evry single challenge!
2. I care moar bout dis tribe than poonies far away.
3. we comrades
4. prob unity! need to talk to ponies rite now! Y i waste time answer dese.
5. technically everypony needs to be vote same to be unanimous. twilit didn't self vote!
6. we all see our death coiiming :'(
1. I sat out, don't look at me.
2. They won't see it coming.
3. I don't believe so
4. It's where everypong else is voting.
5. Yes
6. I'm probably not going to tell them.
Glad we don't go to TC often, cause I might start running out of good Pinkie gifs!

1) It was a close challenge, but not close enough. Is challenge performance an issue for this tribe?

2) How do the opportunities at cross-tribal communication affect the vote tonight, if at all?

4) What is the number one factor behind your vote tonight?

5) Twilight Sparkle was a unanimous vote. Will tonight also be unanimous?

6) Will the person who is voted out tonight see it coming?

1. Losing was unexpected.
2. I made friends with them, but they were all like this.
3. We're one happy family.
4. I hope somepony tells me soon
5. Yes to somepony's dismay.
6. I'm going to make sure they know.

Be back soon with more exciting developments when Thorax returns.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 01:03:18 am »
ooh carp, if that's the correct mind-reading of Pinkie's mind, I should alert Pear that nothing has changed. and then maybe let Pinkie know the truth.

Also of note is the difference in opinions I've pulled out of the Buried Lede, and the Flim and Flam responses in terms of hierarchy. This will be a sticking point when I get around to listing my perceived hierarchy levels.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 01:13:25 am »
I think that read might actually be based on it being pinkie and fluttershy in the two images for 5 & 6.

I also forgot to mention that limited time being referenced in Pinkie's answer with the back to the future countdown in that gif. Clearly deliberate.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 01:30:17 am »
We're just taking our turn to visit the lovely princess mods, as as we're in the "a" tribal again, I can only assume they only way you guys will get us here is to have this multi-tribal council nights. Challenge performance isn't an issue.

The only way to currently do cross-tribal communication is via a dragon scroll, and that's not likely to effect anything.

You mods keep calling us out in alphabetical order, that is an order, and therefore is a type of hierarchy.

4) What is the number one factor behind your vote tonight?
We're at tribal council.

This is an MS-vivor, any majority is almost always unanimous once the votes are read.

6) Will the person who is voted out tonight see it coming?
I was going to reference Sugercube attending tribal council as well, and whoever is voted out here not knowing who would go there, but I guess with Cheese Sandwich medevacing, we do know what is going on there. Therefore they probably see themselves going as a possibility.
1. Challenge performance isn't an issue. (i clearly thought too much about this and let the truth out)
2. Nope, we decided on this vote after the last tribal council.
3. Yes. and this is the way I probably see it
Thorax and Buried Lede are currently sitting at the top, we can probably call the shots and get anypony voted out, although we won't because it could backfire in the future if the rest of the tribe disagree.
Flim and Flam would be up there, but Pear does not like Flim, so this just brings their potential to control down.
Granny Smith and Coco Pummel rank next, with good connections to at least one of the above ponies, but on the edge of the alliance if it can be called as such.
Grand Pear is here because he was slower in building a working connection (at least with me), doesn't appreciate Flim, and is the alternate vote the editors get to try and fool the audience with during this tribal council.
Pinkie Pie is going home, no further details required.
4. This is what I said at the last tribal council he attended, I am planning on answering this way every time this question is asked.
5. Already confirmed that it's going to be 6-1.
6. I am debating with myself whether i tell Pinkie she's going home. If I do I just ignore that message, I just don't really want to because of potential problems with dragon scrolls spreading information if the votee knows they're going home. If I'm told the vote is against me, I will be sending out my dragon scroll to somepony on another tribe with all the information I can fit on it.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 01:35:16 am »
It's pretty hard to reference how closely tied other players are to each other, as the default state of answer to that style of question is I like everypony. Which is a little paranoia inducing, but i believe I have a good position on this tribe.

Actually if I think about it all some more, probably everypony else's top pick for not-me in trust levels is Granny Smith.
Not quite sure where Buried Lede sits though, he might be Flim and Flam, or at least that's what he'd want me to believe.

That probably means Granny should be on a higher level than Coco Pummel. But I don't care as I'm not expecting to need to pick between those two while on this tribe.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 03:42:44 am »
Quote from: Thorax's pm to pear from earlier in the day
Even closer than our challenge second place :( I'm still hoping for a swap, as i need somepony else to need to vote out (after Pinkie), and entering TC here, well that blows our leeway on being safe. I think we work together on the same side of the swap, even possibly opposite sides if needed. :)

I'm should this helped my position with him when this is all I had said about the tribal. It look me a while to even fine where I'd mentioned that I was still on Pinkie's vote.

I'm doing myself no favours by not reacting to message my potential allies in future situations are being targeted.

He's also going to probably feel bad that we're letting pinkie cast a vote on him, put with a tight tribe like this, it's just hard to make leeway on having a vote actually turn out in a manner in which case everypony is happy.

Having the votee voting you should be a badge of honour though, it means you're perceived as the weakest member of the tribe, and that will allow you to make moves, or learn about moves and actually gain trust beyond levels you might otherwise achieve. More apparent if you're the perceived lowest member of a majority alliance, but given this tribe, if that stays the case into a swap, well he will be able to act on it.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 05:20:51 am »
Okay, Grannies just confined in me that pinkie offered her an alliance.
And when pinkie is also the one granny feels connected to the least, that makes things interesting.

No major problem there, as I'm fairly sure the votes are still locked on pinkie, and granny isn't trying to get them to move.
It just means granny is well placed on the tribe. Possibly everypony's side alliance

Which will be a problem down the track, because I can't have others with options, unless the option is working with me

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 05:23:09 am »
It'll probably be too late to do anything with what she's just told me, but it's good information.
The fact it's been given to me at all means I'm in a good position, and I won't abuse it by bringing it up at all, I want others to think they're grannies top choice. Even though I want that position myself.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 05:27:26 am »
I'm trying to work out what that actually means for pinkie's thought process. I think it's now bad that I haven't mentioned that her name has come up, because if I just go off the words granny wrote, it's just confusing.
I need sleep at the moment, but maybe I'll consider giving a more up to date details assuming I wake before deadline.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 02:36:52 pm »
Apparently pinkie has now tried to get votes on me, isn't this fun.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2019, 04:09:30 pm »
Some of these mind reading changes after I read messages from them.

Are you tryin' to sell me somethin'? 'Cause I've tried enough so-called performance-boostin' concoctions and they don' work!

I don' think any of that has affected mah vote.

1. Challenge performance isn't a problem.
2. Most of us aren't even connected to anypony on the other tribes.
3. See chart. I follow these rules. Everypony should think they're in the top section as much as possible.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2019, 04:14:58 pm »

They don't, as far as I know

Yes, probably

Possibly? I'm not confident enough to say yes or no here
2. Nope
3. I've just found out I'm near the bottom.
5. I don't agree with where at least one vote is heading.

Are you saying if we got close enough to first place, we would have won immunity anyway???
This tribe is great at challenges! I've been consistently impressed by how this team has done. If anything, I'm worried that I've let the team down a little in a couple of challenges, but I'm going to keep fighting and trying to get better!

How does... talking to other tribes... affect this Tribal Council?

It doesn't.

Granny Smith and Grand Pear are the queen and king. Pinkie Pie and I are princesses, of course! Thorax and Flim are princes and Flam is a duke, but also Prince Flim's cousband. And Buried Lede is the royal jester. :^)
1. I hope not, with my times in challenge 2, and being the last to solve my questions in challenge 4, I'm the obvious worst at challenges here.
2. It doesn't.
3. Everypony is one great big happy family!

God question 2 was lame in getting creative with thoughts for.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2019, 05:49:11 pm »
Hello my sweet pony babies. I know you've all got so much to say so I, the magnificent and impeccable Princess Luna am gracing you with more glorious questions. No need to kiss my hoof in appreciation, the gesture is as always implied.

{5}  You're locked in a room with Beyonce for about an hour. What do you do?
{6}  Who is your favourite player that is not yourself, and why?
{7}  Pineapple on pizza. Thoughts?
{8}  Have you accomplished anything so far?
{9}  What are your thoughts on the Redemption players and the Redemption challenge?
{10} Who is the mole?