Author Topic: Episode 3: Time's a Changeling  (Read 988 times)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Episode 3: Time's a Changeling
« on: April 06, 2019, 05:36:32 pm »
You get a reference to daylight savings having just ended for me.
Now I need to relearn what times the deadline and stuff happens at.
Well if it stays consistent.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3: Time's a Changeling
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 05:37:16 pm »
I am also scared by how much we're getting to meet other ponies through challenges now,, makes me thing the first tribe swap was a big one and then we'll be stuck in these ones for a while.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 07:07:03 pm »
Or it's just some encouragement for us to want to use the dragon scrolls I suppose.

It is making it hard to make any potential boots for potential challenge weakness though.

Do the sitouts get their own thread? Since this is stolen from medevac/one world challenges I guess, well they have differeing stamina, but that's where this challenge design seems to fit it would make sense they have one.
I guess if it's the case at least somepony will manage to do cross tribal chats. As with no knowledge of McColt yet, my own chat options aren't going to get far, and it faces the same problem as the study groups, no room for game talk in the seperated group when you can't meet somepony first.
May also be something to do with the dragon scroll possibly, like if I tell them pinkie pie is the bottom here, that can spread and get back to pinkie pie through the dragon scrolls. So I just can't trust the conversations to take place and the potential to come back is just too high.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 09:34:47 pm »
oh heck now I've crept onto the most active list, I knew that was coming. Now it actually happened I don't like it anymore. Being at one stage on the top topic creators list was more fun, even if I'm not likely to bother creating anything more than my episode threads here now.

I think I'm likely possibly going to be in the middle of the this tribe as we're potentially going to spilt somewhat when we next go to tribal council.

I've decided to take it upon myself to actually see if pinkie likes me at all, because yeah I don't know if she should be removed or not.
I am suspicious that she talked a lot with her study group based on post count, but that's not something I can play around with, as it's not exactly something that I should know, but it's also entirely plausible why I don't want to get into great big discussions with my matchup crew. I'm sticking to what I know and hoping the the personal messages will work.
and if we end up in tribal, well I'm going to start making group chats with those that are concerned.
and then probably get myself kicked off once they discuss that I've formed sides against each other.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 09:37:01 pm »
Still really hard to know how is actually on which side. I might have to try putting together some relationship chart.

and how much should I be worrying about potential alliances that I haven't said hey this is an alliance at now, have I learned nothing from previous games? Well I think I have, I just still don't like being locked into who I think my allies are, even though there's 90% chance I'm going to be trying to work with them.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 10:04:58 pm »
I like your confessional. Keep posting and sharing what you're sharing.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 05:30:53 am »
I have no idea where my Buried Lede messages are about anymore, well I do, but I can only assume he's going to have some sort of article about it where it all comes to light and nothing happens.

It's not like there's any problem with it, I'm just wondering where any of it is going to lead at the end, because each time I have new message he's undercut something that I said, and I as a trustworthy pony have to play along with what it actually is.
I hate it when journalists pay attention to what you actually say.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 04:38:19 pm »
Quote from: Granny Smith
So maybe you could make me into ice cream and then smother me with caramel sauce!
I think Granny Smith is maybe just a bit senile here.

Or maybe I jus' have too much of an obsession with coverin' mahself in caramel sauce. That's also possible!
I think that proves it, missed love one or something? like whoever the gramp smith was, maybe they just did the caramel sauce stuff to each other when she was in love.
It sounds like a think two loveponies could do to each other, and with the length of some of the tongues shown in MLP, well anything is possible.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 05:24:00 pm »
Now we have immunity again, I can only assume all the game talk I've been trying to get going with my tribe is just going to drop out of the conversations again, which will really just make it awkward for anypony that isn't actually on top of the tribe. Which is awkward for everypony as nopony discusses who is on top of the tribe.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 05:25:27 pm »
Because right now as it stands, I feel like this tribe going to tribal council will end up a paranoid mess, and the end vote will be something like Solgaleo.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 05:26:25 pm »
So I want to push an adjective somewhere of avoiding that, but does that actually paint the wrong picture of me? It's just way too hard to know.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:39 pm »
I think I need to stop going inception in my messages, I haven't even watched that movie, but somehow doing it is enjoyable to me, except it's not because I don't understand the point I'm making, which is then enjoyable.

Run around in circles with your head cut off.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 07:20:14 pm »
I actually feel silly basically copying the mods list of how to submit after saying that's what I was going to do, but I ran out of time to wait for big daddy mccolt to possibly mention anything about trying things differently. So I just went with being nice to sugarcube because they went to the last tribal.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 08:55:22 pm »
I have a feeling if Sweet Apples Acres was going to tribal council the vote would likely be between Pinkie Pie and Grand Pear.

I'm pretty sure I'm safe, and Flim and Flam would be safe.
along with our alliance groups of Granny Smith and Buried Lede.

The other options I could see happening if somepony wanted to act though are:
Grand Pear against Flim and Flam
Flim and Flam against Coco Pummel.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 08:56:27 pm »
If that bottom one occurs, I don't know which side I'd be trying to choose, I think likely side with Coco, as I'm secretly hoping Flim and Flam get taken out after the next swap.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 09:04:36 pm »
I do know now that Buried Lede is an extra social pony though, but really anypony that can get walls with me has to be a social pony. All part of the fun imo when I don't actually know what the next message is going to contain.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 12:29:46 am »
i hate words that have different definitions in different places.
Here I am thinking everypony is getting drunk with cider, but putting it into context it's actually just apple juice.

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 12:43:15 am »
Not quite. If it's sweet and yella, you've got juice there, fella! If it's tangy and brown, you're in Cider Town!

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 12:45:37 am »
Also I think a lot of MLP episodes were censored or redubbed outside of America for exactly that reason.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 01:02:17 am »
Doesn't really matter if I consider the word cider to be an alcoholic beverage. I'm probably just going to continue doing that though. because as somepony that doesn't drink at all, it only makes sense.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 01:08:42 am »
Quote from: Pinkie Pie
Rainbow Dash and Derpy just gave me a good breakdown of what's going on, on the other tribes.
This is probably why I want rid of you tbh, you now have an advantage over me.

Just knowing who is interested in talking to the other tribe is a sign that you may not stick with the tribe as a whole.

I tend to avoid doing the asking of such questions because I know that I'm honest and will reveal stuff if I believe it to be a good choice. If I don't find out the information in the first place, well then I'm not having to lie about not having this information.
At a swap I'm all over finding out what is happening on another tribe, but when I will have no choice of what is happening on another tribe, well I don't want to bother trying to care about them.

So yes removing Pinkie now may me a problem connection to rainbow dash and derpy, but they probably already know more about the going-ons of our tribe than I think they should.
You don't want ponies knowing you have connections elsewhere, unless it's a mutual one, it only spells danger.
Bonus is that won't even be the reason that I would be telling my tribe for why pinkie is a good vote.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 01:11:43 am »
Well plus before I found that bit out, everypony had always told me that if the numbers are looking there, and they're okay with such a vote.

Although I may have hinted the slightly wrong way that Coco doesn't have Pinkie has her first choice to remove if we were at tribal while talking to Lede.
But given I haven't found out who would be the first choice there, she's probably just all in on anypony but me.
I think Pinkie's thoughts are similar to that as well.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2019, 04:49:31 am »
Looks like half the tribe is going to be missing for a semi-live challenge, I'm not at all surprised with how varied we all are with our timezones

With 2 others also being busy tomorrow, is me working the right thing? (answer: yes, I didn't get any work last week, I need money) I am basically assuming I won't be working wednesday though becuase work is just otherwise slow.
Although if line 8 is running again when I get to work, I'll be assuming I might get offered more work though I'm not expecting that to happen until after the weeks close for easter and anzac day though.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2019, 03:24:34 pm »
What is this Flim& flam apparently winning their brawl by claiming to be on the bottom. Pretty sure it's only pear that has any problem with them.