Author Topic: Rainbow Crash  (Read 2900 times)

Princess Cadance

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
Rainbow Crash
« on: May 09, 2019, 05:18:28 pm »
Well...that happened.

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Crash
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 05:19:15 pm »
o7

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 05:24:38 pm »
Says nothing about siding with Derpy over me and Queen ;) hahaha

Lol, so give us the gossip, what's been going down over the past few days? :P

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 05:29:41 pm »
Sorry, there's a ton to explain about that, I'll be writing up a post here about it all...

This last round I went home because I seriously overplayed the round before and stuck a massive target on my back :(

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 06:05:29 pm »
nice (tm)

SENT USING PONYPHONE
ALWAYS I WANT TO BE WITH YOU MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 06:06:06 pm »
Lol you're all good, I'm not a pony who gets bitter about things, as long as you did what you believe to have been best for your game then I understand <3 but yeah I'd love to hear what happened from your side last vote

And yeah sounded like you were working close with Derpy, so I'm guessing you trying to save Derpy is what put you in hot water

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 06:09:24 pm »
we should just have ditched rarity imo. I think grand pear would have been up for that

SENT USING PONYPHONE
ALWAYS I WANT TO BE WITH YOU MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 06:10:15 pm »
So, there's been an alliance of Granny/Coco/Pear/Rarity/Me since the merge. I had one with Granny/Coco on Baltimare, Rarity/Pear on Everfree, and Granny/Pear on Cottage, and Rarity and I were tight from, well, everything - Granny/Pear/Coco had an alliance from SAA, and Rarity/Coco had solid relations from whatever their last one was called even though they were on opposite sides of the vote. It was a kind of natural thing to bring together and go the distance with, and it controlled pretty much every vote up to this point. The Pinkie vote in the first round of the merge, that was countered by the idol, was decided by that group chat.

I'm not a massive fan of just sticking with the majority and not doing anything else though, so I did try to turn things around a couple of times and Derpy seemed like the ideal point of contact for that - he seemed to have a similar mindset to mine, and I figured that since we were on opposite sides of this majority alliance, maybe, provided my identity was hidden, we could control both sides of the vote together and sort of alternate while not letting one another become the target. Obviously, that kind of thing is pretty impossible to work out, but I felt like if anypony would be down to try it, it would be him.

So I was debating this Coco vote during the round Pinkie went, and I was absolutely down to do it when it came down to that last minute push just because of how amazing it would have been and how much it would have thrown everything up into the air, but obviously it didn't work out and I didn't manage to switch my vote back in time.

But a couple of things happened that round that had me on edge. The first was Granny and Coco telling me in the alliance chat that you (@Starlight) were filling them in on the initial Coco vote, and the second was Coco asking Derpy for my name during the last minute push - I know the latter is very reasonable, but combined with the first, my instinct was 'oh god this is going to get leaked right back to my alliance again' and I told Derpy to not tell you anything about me.

Then after Pinkie went home, I asked you what had happened with Coco to see how much you were willing to tell me about it. And yeah... I immediately got told about everything, which made me think you'd probably tell other people about it too, and in my mind, that meant you had to go. It was already decided a while before everypony was busy, I think everypony just became 'busy' because nopony wanted to tell you that the decision had already been made.

Then the last vote... oh god the last vote :(

The target going in was clearly going to be Derpy, everypony inside the 5 wanted that except me and I couldn't exactly say that I didn't, because they knew somepony was close to Derpy and if I made that obvious, I'd be on the block. So I tried to go to the other side to save it - I set up an alliance with DJ/Soarin/Rarity/myself and then pitched taking out an Apple while I knew Derpy was doing the same thing. I was really hoping it would land on Granny, but it didn't, Soarin wanted Pear so that's where the vote ended up and that's kinda where everything went wrong. Pear and Rarity were tight, Pear and Chrys were tight, and both of them wanted to go with the original vote on Derpy instead.

So... yeah, that's what we did. I didn't tell Derpy, Soarin, or DJ about the switch, because I was still fairly convinced Derpy was holding onto the idol (Pinkie found it gone shortly after I shared the clue with him) and I didn't want three people angry at me for going back on my word instead of two. But that meant I went to all the effort of setting up this alliance just to stab it in the back and obviously DJ and Soarin were not happy about that, both of them pretty much up and stopped talking to me afterwards (DJ was a bit more talkative, but not much). And both of them had solid ammunition against me too from the amount I'd done the previous phase, plus I think they put two and two together and figured out I was the person who had been close to Derpy.

This last vote was supposed to be a 4-2 split over Soarin and DJ to counter an idol play, but I knew I was going home when nopony except Coco talked to me for the last 2 hours. I think the person who voted with me was one of Coco/Pear, but I'm not really sure aside from knowing it wasn't Chrysalis and Rarity/Granny both didn't talk to me despite being online towards the end so I'm fairly sure it wasn't either of them.

Happy to talk about anything in it though. I'm not particularly sad right now, I'm kinda glad the stress is over with, but I imagine I will be later.

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 06:13:35 pm »
Coupla things that I made for my conf that might work well here too, although I didn't get to make any more recently:

At the start of the merge:

After the FlimFlam vote:

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 06:18:49 pm »
RIP El Daddo

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 06:19:12 pm »
you should have tipped me off so dj could play the idol

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 06:19:24 pm »
then we would've been 4 strong

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 06:21:42 pm »
I'm glad dj is not a snake though

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 06:23:06 pm »
I don't think DJ would have played the idol on you. He told me after your voteout that if Golden Library had gone to TC he would have flipped to Soarin and FlimFlam's side and voted you out - I think that was part of the reason he was so angry about the blindside on you, I set something up that made him go all in with you and then stabbed him in the back on it when he would've been fine voting you out anyway if none of that had happened.

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 06:23:45 pm »
Lol, so from your side I didn't have a chance, I was very much swap screwed against you because we never met

When it came to the coco vote, I had kept Coco and Granny very much in the loop throughout the whole thing because I was close to them and wanted to work with them (kinda sad and confused that Coco didn't want to give me any room going forward) and then you were the only pony I told about it after the vote when you asked me (expect from Queen cos we were super tight) main reason I told you was because I was feeling super on the outs given that I was left out of the Pinkie vote and I was trying to find a way in, and then Derpy got pissed at me and I started hearing that Derpy was saying that I was leading a Coco vote, I tried telling all the other ponies about it to try to protect myself

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 06:24:48 pm »
SEEEEEE!!!! I told you that DJ wasn't to be trusted xD

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 06:26:49 pm »
I didn't know pear and chrysalis were that close tbh I would've pushed granny otherwise

anyway wow rude on the golden oak bit smhsmhsmh

I hope soarin just keeps escaping the vote he's the one I'm rooting for right now

and I'm not sure what dj's gameplan is right now then, like use his idol and challenge advantage or something? he has a pretty bad case at ftc right now as well

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 06:28:32 pm »
Lol, so from your side I didn't have a chance, I was very much swap screwed against you because we never met

When it came to the coco vote, I had kept Coco and Granny very much in the loop throughout the whole thing because I was close to them and wanted to work with them (kinda sad and confused that Coco didn't want to give me any room going forward) and then you were the only pony I told about it after the vote when you asked me (expect from Queen cos we were super tight) main reason I told you was because I was feeling super on the outs given that I was left out of the Pinkie vote and I was trying to find a way in, and then Derpy got pissed at me and I started hearing that Derpy was saying that I was leading a Coco vote, I tried telling all the other ponies about it to try to protect myself
of course I'm pissed if you keep leaking shit. if you would have said okay well I won't do it then we could've kept it on the down low. and yeah maybe dj leaked but would he have if there were no votes on coco? no

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 06:30:09 pm »
honestly though on golden oak I think soarin would be fine with voting out flimflam anyway

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 06:31:37 pm »
Who was the votes that were still on Coco and why were they there? just simply no time??

I was leaking because you wanted to protect somepony who was against us to attack somepony we were both allied with

Also Rainbow, what was the full thing about the potential flip back to Soarin, like you offered me some hope with Granny and Coco? was that actually a possibility or not?

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 06:32:33 pm »
It depends on what DJ actually ended up saying to them, DJ could've easily made it seem like we were gonna target both of them with it

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 06:36:35 pm »
Who was the votes that were still on Coco and why were they there? just simply no time??

I was leaking because you wanted to protect somepony who was against us to attack somepony we were both allied with

Also Rainbow, what was the full thing about the potential flip back to Soarin, like you offered me some hope with Granny and Coco? was that actually a possibility or not?
it was me and rainbow

wtf we weren't allied at all with coco. me least of all. and soarin was definitely allied with me he helped me flip the first vote

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 06:42:38 pm »
That first vote was going towards you, I lied btw, Pinkie was actually attacking at you and I think Queen was gonna be happy to follow, I dunno whose idea it was first but yeah Pinkie was going after you to me and I caused her to argue with Flim about it

I dunno what part Soarin had in it but Soarin wasn't talking to me at all, I assumed that Soarin was against us like Flim was because of DJ

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 06:44:49 pm »
yes I knew that. and soarin was like a crucial part of flipping it towards a flimflam vs. pinkie thing. besides flimflam themselves of course. I see, well rainbow dash told me that flimflam was the one who told him about a me vote which is why I thought flimflam was the source and why I flipped my vote

like I believe soarin wasn't allied with you but he was allied with me

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 06:45:48 pm »
in fact I even considered voting soarin out at first to granny lol but then granny was like "wow he doesn't want to vote you out" and then I was like "wow I didn't know we were close at all" yeah soarin is a weird pony but he's cool because he stuck with me and that's all that matters

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 07:00:25 pm »

Technically yes, if you had managed to convince them to vote Soarin I would've joined because he was the person I wanted out of the game more than anypony, but I knew they weren't flipping at that point and we'd all locked in our votes on you. It was mostly an excuse to Chrysalis as a reason why we weren't taking her side there (again).

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 07:07:42 pm »
So I don't understand why Granny and Coco both flipped against me

Like Soarin and Derpy were both outside of this alliance, I was trying to protect them throughout that vote, what did they say when it was decided in the alliance that I would be the vote?

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 07:13:50 pm »
As for Soarin, like we were talking loads on our tribe and then when the merge hit they just didn't talk to me at all and I was super concerned about it when I realised Flim was targeting us for the thrown challenge and yeah I felt like I couldn't trust Soarin

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 07:17:50 pm »
So I don't understand why Granny and Coco both flipped against me

Like Soarin and Derpy were both outside of this alliance, I was trying to protect them throughout that vote, what did they say when it was decided in the alliance that I would be the vote?
because they weren't actually that close to you?

like granny is the most connected person in the entire merge and well you were a very easy vote especially since I was immune

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 07:23:09 pm »
Damn being the easy vote....lol that's why I said what I said when I was leaving, I wanted to see players make moves that weren't easy votes

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 03:23:04 am »
Granny is literally best buddies with everypony except Chrysalis, it's kind of insane.

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 03:32:24 am »
That first vote was going towards you, I lied btw, Pinkie was actually attacking at you and I think Queen was gonna be happy to follow, I dunno whose idea it was first but yeah Pinkie was going after you to me and I caused her to argue with Flim about it

Pinkie was pitching it but I think it was Flim who came up with it first. He approached me about it right at the start of the challenge

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 05:25:37 am »
Damn being the easy vote....lol that's why I said what I said when I was leaving, I wanted to see players make moves that weren't easy votes
I mean that's kind of the story of this merge, right? people try things, fail, and then get voted out for stirring up trouble or whatever. so don't expect any "bigmovez" to be made

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 10:02:21 am »
Fun thing I just noticed, I got voted out 5-1-1 with 8 people in the game. That's why Rarity was so disinterested this round, she used the ring and couldn't vote anyway. Maybe she'll end up using that double vote for good purpose.

anypony want to play Eliminator while we're here, btw? I'm aware with only 7 people left it's not as fun but it's still something to do :D

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 10:05:23 am »
okay. I pick soarin

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2019, 12:22:22 pm »
If we're down to now the final 7, isn't it about the time where players start to turn on allies and go after threats to win?

Also if other ponies noticed that the ring has been used I think that'd put a massive target on raritys back, this few number of players makes every vote really matter

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2019, 12:23:51 pm »
I think I'm gonna use that logic and say Rarity

Unless it was a group choice to use it

Also also, Queens Chicken thing runs out at final 6 so either this vote or next she will have full control over it

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2019, 12:35:13 pm »
I'm pretty sure rarity is going to be the one eliminated if she doesn't win immunity that is

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 02:24:15 pm »
I'm debating between Chrys and Granny. I think neither gets to the end, Chrys because she's already considered a Jury threat and Granny because she's the most threatening player socially left.

I guess I'll go Chrysalis because I doubt she goes immediately here.

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2019, 02:25:43 pm »
If Queen feels like she might be in danger here then she might use her items this round rather than next

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2019, 03:23:49 pm »
Chrys because she's already considered a Jury threat
I guess... for me personally, Chrysalis is one of the two ponies I can't see myself voting for currently

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2019, 03:42:00 pm »
If Queen feels like she might be in danger here then she might use her items this round rather than next

Her items aren't useful, right? I know about the chicken, what was the other one exactly?

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2019, 03:42:57 pm »

Her items aren't useful, right? I know about the chicken, what was the other one exactly?
supposedly, she gets to know what the challenge is before other people. that's what she told me but idk how reliable it is

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2019, 05:26:24 pm »
Urm from what I know she has 3 items

1) Discord lamp thing, something to do with practice a challenge? I suppose it could be helpful depending on the challenge
2) Chicken, from what I gather it puts a curse on a player and forces them to talk in rhyme and anytime they don't they get a self-vote (idk if that's true but that's what she told me about it)
3) my parasites, stops anypony from playing any items including idols at tribal (anything played pre-trial like the chicken still counts)

She could in theory play both the chicken and the parasites at the same tribal and pretty much force them to go home as that pony wouldn't be able to play an idol to protect themselves

Derpy, have you told anypony else about Queen having the chicken or what it does? And am I right about what it does?

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2019, 05:54:28 pm »
Yes, that's what El Daddo told me as well. No, I didn't tell anypony else, didn't really seem relevant tbh. And I'm like 99% sure the person who has to speak in rhyme gets notified

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2019, 06:02:17 pm »
It's publicly known that a pony has been forced to speak in rhyme and that anypony may send screenshots to moderators if that pony hasn't spoken in rhyme, any time this happens that pony receives a self-vote

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2019, 06:41:36 pm »
Oh, that reminds me - I assume you guys know this already but in case you don't:

The Idol Clue was won by Rainbow Dash.
Scrolls were won by Pinkie Pie, Thorax and Granny Smith.
nopony won the Pizza.
The Spa was won by Soarin.
The Quill was won by Buried Lede.
The Mirror was won by Thorax.
Boulder was won by Pinkie Pie.
Angel and Gummy were won by DJ-Pon3.
The Ring was won by Rarity.
The Lamp was won by Big Daddy McColt.
Boneless was won by Big Daddy McColt.
The Parasprites were won by Starlight Glimmer.
The Staff was won by Fluttershy.
The Tonic was won by Buried Lede.
The Cute Map was won by Applejack.
nopony won the Alicorn Amulet.

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2019, 12:44:11 pm »
that challenge was really funny to watch

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2019, 04:57:45 pm »
sad I missed it :(

can we take a moment to appreciate Pear being a challenge beast? Currently sitting on a 50% winrate in the postmerge, like holey moley

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2019, 06:14:44 pm »
What's the meta like for online games when it comes to challenge beasts? Do they become threats or is it generally ignored?

Also where's Pinkie Pie? Haven't heard from her in a while?

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2019, 07:23:02 pm »
What's the meta like for online games when it comes to challenge beasts? Do they become threats or is it generally ignored?

Premerge and early merge, challenge ability is generally completely ignored in my experience. People only really tend to panic about it when it gets down to F6ish, although the Firemaking twist might make people think of that a bit earlier here.
But (also in my experience) there's a big feeling on MS of challenge wins being a negative at FTC, because the opponents can say 'I never needed to win immunity like they did and I'm still here'. It's not the way I think about it but a lot of people do, and if they do, there's not really much of an incentive to kill off challenge beasts unless they are socially threatening too or them winning challenges puts you in danger in some way.

I'd guess Pinkie is just lurking, I think I've seen her online relatively recently.

Pinkie Pie

• Ponyrosa
  • Smile! Smile! Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2019, 08:05:21 pm »
Yeah, I might've gotten distracted for a couple days with Graveyard Keeper, I'm still here! ...ish 😜

Eh, while most of the time I agree with Dash on challenge threats, I've also had games where people have pushed for votes because of how good they are at challenges premerge. I think it's just something some ponies keep in mind and others completely ignore. But yes, if a challenge threat gets to FTC, it usually is a deterrent because they've never had to "fight" to be there? I personally considering being able to win so many challenges a reason to vote for them to win overall, but others will see it as the "easy" way🤷‍♀️
When you're rife with devastation, there's a simple explanation.
You're a toy maker's creation, trapped inside a crystal ball.
And whichever way he tilts it, know that we must be resilient.
We won't let them break our spirits, as we sing our silly song.

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2019, 08:59:54 am »
Look, if Grand Pear wins all challenges from now on, my vote is locked in.

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2019, 01:13:46 pm »
please play my special jury idol (tm) on grand pear tia

SENT USING PONYPHONE