Author Topic: Episode 13  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 13
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2020, 12:37:37 am »
this is also just kinda what happens in final 2s. neither finale option is perfect, and the downside to f2 is this.

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 01:06:37 am »
Honestly I think crystal had some agency. Screwing up the vote split on purpose was her game winning move.

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 08:19:36 am »
Also I enjoy being right that Bill in hindsight should have tied the vote for Bobfather. Obviously it was impossible for him to know that at the time though, and I probably would have done the same thing in his place. But when you don't build a path for yourself that doesn't rely on challenges, this can sometimes happen.
Even with hindsight I don't see how this makes sense?  He's pretty clearly going out in third either way

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2020, 09:55:39 am »
I do appreciate there being an F2 and not an F3 though. Like, if this was an F3 right now, it would be incredibly boring to watch Bill stomp the other two here. From Carmine/Crystal's perspective, they would have had to drag viola all the way here or something equally silly to have any shot at victory.

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2020, 12:04:51 pm »
in theory, they should have played differently if it were an f3, but it isn't, so they didn't

Offline Giacomo Siciliano

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2020, 07:59:35 pm »
I'm always skeptical that people really play that differently for a F2 vs F3. The only difference is that you need more people you can beat or more people who will go home before you around down the stretch, but that's a difference of positioning. In terms of how big a threat someone is, that's kind of a hard thing to control at will. You are what you are, and then you have to play around that reality, for the most part.

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2020, 09:20:02 pm »
I'm always skeptical that people really play that differently for a F2 vs F3. The only difference is that you need more people you can beat or more people who will go home before you around down the stretch, but that's a difference of positioning. In terms of how big a threat someone is, that's kind of a hard thing to control at will. You are what you are, and then you have to play around that reality, for the most part.

i mean yeah, but in theory.

i certainly have played different from like f6 on trying to calculate it, but from day 1? nah.

Offline Al Capone

• Sleeping With The Fishes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2020, 09:48:26 pm »
isn't that still a yes then?  like of course endgame changes are going to only affect endgame stuff

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2020, 11:31:54 pm »
Yeah fair. To me "changing how you play" implies more than just a change of endgame position I guess. For example, if this game was a F3, I doubt Carmine or Crystal would have drastically changed their playstyle. Maybe they would have, but I think they kind of fell into their roles as goats naturally and then it worked out that it was an F2 and they managed to make it with each other.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2020, 11:35:25 pm »
If you suspect a game is going to be an F2, I think the main thing you should do differently is kill goats asap, unless you are a goat yourself in which case find another goat I guess. It's actually ideal to kill them premerge, because postmerge it gets tricky. I definitely have thought that far ahead as a player, but I tend to want to kill goats whether it's an F3 or F2 just because I want to maximize my own odds of making it to the end no matter what.

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2020, 08:54:33 am »
I like to kill goats because they're no fun to play with and also they're usually someone else's. I've only had my own a few times as I usually tend to play with people I find entertaining

I guess I did almost make it to the end with my goat once

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2020, 09:42:42 am »
..not to mention that if you have your own goat, someone might kill you to steal them. -__-

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2020, 10:57:00 am »
It's hard when you have your own goat though to send them home before you. You probably need other people to do it for you unless you don't mind burning them hard.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2020, 11:44:15 am »
Yknow yall could be talking in “final episode” thread now right?

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2020, 12:49:11 pm »
Let us live our lives!