Author Topic: Episode 13  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
Episode 13
« on: November 29, 2020, 08:05:41 pm »
Here it is, the final challenge!

Torchwalks board should now be opened

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 13
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 08:26:33 pm »
Cute game, and it's not a get highest score thing. Who knows who will win.

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 08:28:34 pm »
This is going to be a good one, I expect.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 08:32:37 pm »
Ngl this was my favorite challenge to test/play.

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 08:53:37 pm »
Ngl this was my favorite challenge to test/play.

i think you are right, i would really enjoy this

Offline Giacomo Siciliano

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 09:59:34 pm »
I think I'm happy no matter what happens here. We love rooting for the underdog, but Bill winning is really satisfying as well. It's all good.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 10:09:49 pm »
I think all three of these finalists are all deserving of being here. I think personally I'd still prefer a Bill or Crystal win here, but I can't say Carmine has played bad at all.

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 04:54:38 am »
Carmine is a legend for voting for every player in the game at f6

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 09:28:33 am »
I’ve been mulling over what bobfather could have done differently to get farther.

I think there are two crucial parts:

1. Obviously not missing the vote switch by 27 seconds as bill would have most assuredly gone home.

2. Voting out ventriloquist over meyer when they knew a swap was coming. I think vent would have been a key ally for them when their back was against the wall post robster and it was a missed opportunity to put someone in their back pocket who was clearly not good at challenges...meyer did medevac after so I guess its a wash but like vent was someone who I think he could have used as a number.

Aside from that...not lose ragdoll i guess?

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 09:45:08 am »
rooting for the bill immunity win i guess. i can get behind a utr game if they use their confessional to talk about playing a utr game, but that hasn't happened

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 09:47:28 am »
it's pretty crazy how that 27 seconds may have changed the outcome. i was thinking it was kind of an asterisk, because deadlines aren't something that feel like part of the game, they just have to be for logistical reasons -- but then i thought, it's kind of analogous to everyone just failing to get fully on the same page before going off to tribal, and from that perspective it's no different from any other strategic blunder. perhaps on the show we'd have seen some TC whispering as a result, but seeing that whispering might also have driven crystal back to the other side anyway, hypothetically

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 10:00:27 am »
it's pretty crazy how that 27 seconds may have changed the outcome. i was thinking it was kind of an asterisk, because deadlines aren't something that feel like part of the game, they just have to be for logistical reasons -- but then i thought, it's kind of analogous to everyone just failing to get fully on the same page before going off to tribal, and from that perspective it's no different from any other strategic blunder. perhaps on the show we'd have seen some TC whispering as a result, but seeing that whispering might also have driven crystal back to the other side anyway, hypothetically

That’s one way to look at it, another would be that...a name has to get written down in a live tribal on the show. Once you write it down and put it in the urn you can’t take it back and cross out after the fact. Deadlines exist on forums for the sole purpose that we cannot replicate the irl version of what is on the show and imo act more like whatever name is on that parchment at that time cannot be “taken out of the urn” and changed after.

Either way it feels like a strategic/communication blunder that caused it.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2020, 06:59:10 pm »
Also there's no guarantee that Bobfather would have beaten Viola on the last challenge anyway. Bobfather's score didn't seem that high, but maybe Bill was just insanely good at whatever it was.

I want to know if Bill actually did anything t send home Viola over himself though. I don't have a clear sense of how that vote happened, and if he does win, that's the most significant moment of the game probably. If he just kind of got through by happenstance, it knocks him down a bit as a winner in my mind probably. But maybe we can get an exploration of it if he makes it to FTC

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 07:03:16 pm »
Also the fact that Bill is done his torchwalks and Carmine/Crystal have yet to start theirs...idk it's hard not to root for him. It feels like he just wants it more. But it would be fun to see a Crystal/Carmine FTC too and the vote legit could go either way there.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 07:07:00 pm »
We also have confirmation from torchwalks that Bill will be taking Crystal which honestly I think is probably the wrong choice, though he most likely wins either way.