Author Topic: Episode 12  (Read 500 times)

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
Episode 12
« on: November 27, 2020, 06:02:51 pm »
With the 48 hour revote decided, we enter the f4 challenge.

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 12
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 06:53:55 pm »
wooo time to decide who WINS

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 07:04:28 pm »
btw for the  flash game i managed to delete all but 2 of the stickman's body parts, can anyone beat my record?

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 06:52:10 pm »
Somehow have been in Episode 11, when we are supposed to be in here oops.

Anyways Bill won immunity, so surely bobfather's demise is imminent here right?

Offline Lefty Lincolnshire

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 11:12:15 pm »
Or Bill & Bobfather put down the knives and go to the end with each other and duke it out to see who takes it rather than let Crystal & Carmine just...be the f2 if one of them botches it.
I mean that just seems nuts to me. They're clearly each other's biggest obstacle to winning F3 immunity and they're both probably favored heavily over both Carmine and Crystal at the FIC too, I can't see why that makes sense for anyone involved. I actually think Bill's current plan of working Crystal as a contingency plan makes more sense for him than keeping Bobfather around, even if it's probably futile if Crystal does win immunity at 3.

Carmine or Crystal seeing Bobfather as a preferable FTC option to Bill makes some degree of sense but I think Carmine's most viable FTC argument requires him actively cutting Bobfather here even if it makes it less likely that he makes it to FTC.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 11:23:52 pm »
I'm not saying it will ever happen, nor is it probably the smartest thing to happen.

But like...I don't know who wins in a Bobfather/Bill f2. To me if youse place your whole game to chance and hope an immunity challenge is your strength, that seems more batshit crazy than just getting to the end with a pretty decent shot of winning and just win on your own merits.

I would personally like to not live in fear of anything and go for what I know is guaranteed. If Bill and Bobfather wanted to be the f2 they could easily just...make it happen here.

But they won't and risk winning the f3 immunity challenge.

I just feel like people don't utilize this option very much and it just seems silly.

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 11:52:05 pm »
To me if youse place your whole game to chance and hope an immunity challenge is your strength, that seems more batshit crazy than just getting to the end with a pretty decent shot of winning and just win on your own merits.

I just feel like people don't utilize this option very much and it just seems silly.

Maybe in literally any other game of survivor it would make some sense. But this is flash mob. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 01:08:36 am »
However, from Carmine's perspective, I don't think he can realistically expect to get rid of both Bill and Bob before F2 just due to challenge poweress. If he sides with Bob here and votes for Crystal, then Bob crushes Crystal's head in a tiebreaker, Bob and Bill take the shot at each other 100% of the time in F3, and Carmine can say that he actually made a move in this game to benefit him. I think that's 100% winning from his POV?

Offline Don Pianta

• Sleeping With The Fishes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 01:50:12 am »
Did I accidentally let the winner replace me? Whoops

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 06:59:32 am »
Did I accidentally let the winner replace me? Whoops
You teed it up for him

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 08:06:20 am »
Bill/Bob can't f2. When one of them wins immunity next round, it will be correct for them to cut the other, and they don't have the kind of relationship where they could even begin to think that maybe the other would not do it. So they have to kill each other now for the better shot at immunity. They could have worked together to cut goats earlier, but it's too late now.

Offline Lefty Lincolnshire

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 11:04:50 am »
However, from Carmine's perspective, I don't think he can realistically expect to get rid of both Bill and Bob before F2 just due to challenge poweress. If he sides with Bob here and votes for Crystal, then Bob crushes Crystal's head in a tiebreaker, Bob and Bill take the shot at each other 100% of the time in F3, and Carmine can say that he actually made a move in this game to benefit him. I think that's 100% winning from his POV?
It's clearly not 100% winning because he was talking previously about having to cut Bob.

Offline Giacomo Siciliano

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 01:48:52 pm »
So it really depends on if Carmine views Bob as a bigger threat than Bill, which he might. If he does, there is a world where it makes sense for Bill to keep Bob even though it reduces his chance of winning FIC. However, I'm speaking as someone with little confidence in my own challenge ability so that shapes my perspective. Bill's odds of winning FIC outright are probably good enough for it to be the right move just to cut Bob. I think cutting Bob is probably the right call.

The point you raise about Carmine is interesting, because maybe this is a hot take, but I do think there is a chance Carmine beats Bob at FTC but much less chance he beats Bill. Bob is exactly the kind of finalist I could see a Jury not wanting to reward. With that said, I do think Bob probably wins, but the Jury might be kind of looking for reasons not to give him the win if that makes sense.

However, clearly Carmine's best path is to go with Crystal, and that's as close as he can get to a 50-50 chance of winning if he can make it happen. So he needs to decide if either he or Crystal pulling off a fluke challenge win next round is so unlikely that it's worth risking it with Bob or if he'd rather take whatever their combined odds of winning the final challenge are.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 01:53:10 pm »
Logically I understand that if I don't win final immunity I am not making the FTC but it's not stopping me from working Crystal for that F2 loyalty we've had implied since we first linked up.

Do we think Bill might take Crystal over Carmine? I have faith that Crystal would cut him. I have to think that Carmine is the safer bet, but who knows. He probably wins either way.

I'm rooting for Bill to lose the FIC I think. I'm curious to see what happens in a Crystal-Carmine F2.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 01:56:39 pm »
Although I will say that Bill has played a great game and with being a replacement, he has one of the most satisfying story arcs of the game

Have we ever had a replacement win a game on MS before?