Author Topic: 14th Place: Mercedes  (Read 704 times)

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
14th Place: Mercedes
« on: November 19, 2021, 08:06:47 pm »
Really sad to see you go :( I was rooting hard for you, especially after the flashy idol play, but I think that was what screwed you over in the end...
I'd write more but gotta do mod stuff!

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
Re: 14th Place: Mercedes
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 12:18:56 am »
I think part of everything was actually also the Ingrid vote.
At least when Alois mutinied and didn't get his support link, he was putting everything he had against Golden Deer. (No idea if that continued after Blue Lions or not - but my understanding is that it did do a fair amount of damage)

Which then solidified when the idol when across tribal lines and eliminated someone you'd never met. Which put the other two you hadn't met against you from that tribe.

Whether he used the idol against someone else I don't know if things would have been different, it's not like I was even a threat to win.

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 12:56:27 am »
Really sad to see you go :( I was rooting hard for you, especially after the flashy idol play, but I think that was what screwed you over in the end...
I'd write more but gotta do mod stuff!

thanks ! (normal to not have confessional access?)

At least when Alois mutinied and didn't get his support link, he was putting everything he had against Golden Deer. (No idea if that continued after Blue Lions or not - but my understanding is that it did do a fair amount of damage)

Which then solidified when the idol when across tribal lines and eliminated someone you'd never met. Which put the other two you hadn't met against you from that tribe.

Whether he used the idol against someone else I don't know if things would have been different, it's not like I was even a threat to win.

uh... not sure what you mean by that
Do not try to talk with me about anything even remotely linked to fire Emblem, i'll just go "haha yeah, permadeath something something... church?" and then ignore you forever

you have been warned

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 04:08:12 am »
If you want spec access let us know, I can give you that!

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 05:03:41 am »
well sure then
Do not try to talk with me about anything even remotely linked to fire Emblem, i'll just go "haha yeah, permadeath something something... church?" and then ignore you forever

you have been warned

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 05:32:00 am »

uh... not sure what you mean by that
My perspective of why you were basically swap screwed there.

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 05:44:27 am »
ah alright

you have been warned

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 07:50:57 am »
From an actual strategy perspective, I think it was a terrible decision for Mercedes to send Lorenz the idol. It's not quite a J.T. moment because at least Lorenz was an actual ally, but you don't know the situation over there at all, and in fact all its done is save him probably for a phase. He's torpedoed his game so hard with the public post about Alois' mutiny that I think even a swap wouldn't save him at this point - by keeping him alive, Mercedes is just tying herself to a sinking ship if they meet up again.

I think sending it to Flayn would have been reasonable, because then at least it's providing some protection on a tribe where it's very unclear if Mercedes is safe otherwise. The best play was almost certainly to let both go and keep the idol though.

But from a spectating perspective, that moment was fantastic and I'm glad she did it!

jeez, i might start to count how many times i make an entertaining move that screws over my game lol

but also while we're at it, i'd like to ask a few questions cuz y'know, you can't improve otherwise

in my eyes, Flayn was the slot that would only be saved by one round with my idol move, like, yeah, it breaks everyone's heart to vote her, but at the same time she isn't active enough to capitalize on it really, meanwhile Lorenz made a disasterous post or something, but like, just one post, so really, if i bought him enough time, it probably could've been forgeotten

ofc in hindsight keeping it to make a play at F13 was undoutabely the best move, but hindsight is hindsight, and i would've rather took a decent chance when it appears to me

you have been warned

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 08:21:31 am »
I think that's definitely fair about Flayn. It probably would also have heightened fear of Golden Deer, so would have put a target on your back still.

I think giving Lorenz the idol was much more clearly the wrong move from a spec perspective than from a player one, because we got a lot more insight into what Lorenz was doing - he was notoriously loose-lipped about everything (he'd leak practically everything he heard to leader chat) and by his own admission didn't care much about his alliances. He outright said at one point that Golden Deer had made the wrong choice electing him leader, because he'd stab them in the back later.

With that in mind, while you're right that he was able to make more of the second chance than Flayn probably would have, that ended up being a bad thing! He declared war on Claude after that vote, and later that extended to all of the Golden Deer. He outright told the leader chat that Dimitri was defecting specifically to bolster GD numbers on your tribe (which, as far as I know, wasn't true!) which ended up being the thing that made Edelgard turn on you and lost you the numbers you had on Hapi. I would not be surprised if he also gets the surviving Golden Deers killed at merge, if they make it there.

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 08:23:47 am »
It ended up being the wrong move in a very different way to the way I anticipated - I thought he was going down anyway, and by tying yourself to him you'd put more of a target on your back, but actually he managed to recover but then used that recovery to bring you down. So my prediction did end up being totally off, even if the result was the same.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 08:24:06 am by Sothis »

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2021, 08:27:29 am »
Yeah alright fair argument there

i mean, in a way it's sad cuz i had the right idea i think? just that Lorenz didn't seem at all like a villanous person to me, if i knew, it would definetly have stayed in my pocket

you have been warned

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 08:30:22 am »
And yeah idk, trying to make strong ties out of Golden Deer was on my mind too, but no clue how to proceed :/

orchestrating a Claude blindside if i hadn't passed out last night could've been the move

you have been warned

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2021, 12:36:12 pm »
One thing I might have tried in your shoes is trying to get Dimitri to agree to take the idol and then give it right back to you

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2021, 12:42:10 pm »
Ya i thought this could be worth it too, but foolishly assumed i might not even need it until F13

you have been warned

Flayn

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 04:00:29 am »
I’m sad to see you go…

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2021, 12:27:27 pm »
I particularly enjoyed making this one!

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 04:10:51 am »
lmao, ok nice one i gotta say

you have been warned

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2021, 09:20:29 am »
i just dreamt that i played a modified version of this game and after losing it, Ashe went to my house to criticize how i played

rude :(

you have been warned