Author Topic: Episode 14 Discussion  (Read 467 times)

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
Episode 14 Discussion
« on: November 30, 2021, 09:16:47 pm »
Looks like Lorenz thinks the challenge is Geoguessr! He's practicing now. Sadly, it is not.

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 14 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 12:05:49 am »
Looks like Lorenz thinks the challenge is Geoguessr! He's practicing now. Sadly, it is not.

im gonna eat these words pretty hard :)

Alois

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 12:24:46 am »
please tell me new challenge is geoguessr

Alois

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 12:26:12 am »
IT IS OH GOD,..

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 07:57:57 pm »
Stop selecting broken websites!

At least the replacement challenge can't break when you're hosting it here.

Well unless the entire forum did, but that would break any challenge

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 07:59:40 pm »
I wouldn't put it past this forum tbh

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 08:17:33 pm »
How did nobody guess Australia for driving on the left in number 4?

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 08:23:04 pm »
The clue about number 4 but effecting the end result pretty much meant Raph had to have blown that last one.

Although there was a chance it was Shamir that was blowing it completely, everyone else had enough distance from the leader Raph at that stage.

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 08:23:39 pm »
How did nobody guess Australia for driving on the left in number 4?

my thinking exactly! that was partly my logic for prompt 4, but what can ya do. removing the prompt 4 results does not change the end results much. Shamir still nabs immunity.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 08:26:06 pm »
Also Dimitri combines this round and next into one thread.

That type of action is pretty much always a big clue to say who will be going out this round.
The overconfidence spike event!

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 08:33:36 pm »
I hope Shamir having immunity and an idol gets doubly ballsy and makes some really weird move... even though shes in one of the best positions in the game and that wouldn't make sense. I like Shamir's game, but I really wish someone else had won immunity this round just to keep things spicy.

I'd imagine this will be a quiet round.

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 08:45:17 pm »
Oh well I just read Lorenz is thinking about blindsiding Ralph or Edelgard. A Edelgard blindside would be a real game shaker, although I think she is tied up with plenty of alliances right now? How many of them are floating around now? SPADE, Rocks, Purple Window? Are there any alliances Shamir and Edelgard aren't part of? I guess that happy quartet of Caspar/Ashe/Petra/Doro which may not be so happy after last round.

Lorenz blindsiding Ralph would be both hilarious and sad because I think the two of them are probably some of the least connected players it seems in the game, which is perfect Lorenz Logic.

Then again I'm still a little unsure of all the pre-merge dynamics so  8)

This would be a good round for a blindside though since it seems so cut and dry.

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 08:48:49 pm »
I also just noticed I've been calling them purple Windows instead of Widow, but I will not stop this, I am in too deep.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 09:33:49 pm »
We were definitely rooting for a Dimitri win this round! It's too bad that the people on the outside don't seem to have figured out they're on the outside. e.g., Raph is just now talking about wanting Ashe to see him as an option -- bruh it's F9, you should already have laid the groundwork for that!

Lorenz targeting his only ally who doesn't secretly hate him does not seem likely to help his situation

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2021, 01:30:37 pm »
i love shamir/edel and i want them to succeed but i don't want it to be because they have all the idols

everyone else has fucked up already and seem likely to continue to fuck up. remember, kids: if someone is pitching you 2 status quo votes in a row, you are missing something important!

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 01:31:29 pm »
as a community, we need to blindside more often!

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 01:33:03 pm »
advice for dimitri: do more! you're social enough, make some alliances next time and don't be afraid to talk about the game!

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 05:26:24 pm »
as a community, we need to blindside more often!

Everyone needs a nice, soul crushing blindside once in their life.

It's absolutely Shamir and Edie's game to lose at this point, it seems they are the center of just about everything and the only opposition to their rule seems to Lorenz. Dorothea seemed to be pretty smart earlier talking about maybe taking one of them out around the F7 (i think it was her) so hopefully next round we'll see something interesting happen and not just an easy vote like Lorenz or Caspar.. still unsure where Caspar sits in all this too actually.

Problem with Shamir is that a lot of the moves I made involved checking in with Shamir in particular and I'm not sure how that would look if sitting next to them.

^^^ This should be a clue to get Ashe's butt in motion to actually make a move against Shamir, she is clearly running this game. I'm really hoping Petra-Dorothea-Ashe can do something next round to break up the two queens of the game. Those three seem to be in the best position to actually do something about this game, although they need to act fast, those two idols really do screw with everything.

I'm also holding out hope that Raphael tries something crazy soon too, he seems like he is a great player but right now he's just a sheep waiting in line for slaughter and needs to get his butt in gear...

Honestly, like as I read through everyones confessionals it really feels like everyone wants to make a move but everyone is too cautious and afraid. And the only two people who have the flexibility to be a bit wild are in great places. C'mon guys rememeber getting to the FTC is great but if you have nothing to show for it in the end you're just gonna have one hell of a bad time listening to your nine angry exes complain to your face about all the times you left the toilet seat up. Not a fun experience~

The only silver lining would be if Edie and Shamir make it to the end, that FTC should be pretty intense.

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 05:31:41 pm »
Also RIP Dimitri. I wish I had been watching from the start, I probably would have enjoyed him more. Its pretty strange that he didn't really whip himself into gear after nearly getting booted last round though, that is usually the biggest wake up call you can get.