Author Topic: Episode 7 Discussion  (Read 349 times)

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
Episode 7 Discussion
« on: November 15, 2021, 02:02:41 pm »
It seems obvious to me what to do with a 4th person on this challenge -- they should skip ahead and prep things that their teammates will need later -- but so far it seems like both tribes that have gone haven't found this immediately apparent.

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 7 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 03:25:19 pm »
Going back to last ep a sec, but man that would have been a fun one to edit. I think edit-wise Golden Deer are now cemented as the underdogs, especially with Shamir talking about how they would be 'culled', and they'd be akin to Malolo in Ghost Island - they seem doomed, but they have moments of hope and everyone is rooting for them to overcome the odds.

You start off the episode with Dimitri mourning the loss of Annette, and then you go to a compilation of other people talking about cutting various Golden Deer - Shamir in particular would be a focus here, but backed up with confs from Lysithea/Yuri/Felix/Raphael/Edelgard here and there. Then you focus on the two players under fire:

Flayn is painted as the extremely likeable underdog who has a chance at turning things around, and the focus there is on the potential GD + Caspar four. But then that is shown to be not working, and we have some more SPV on Flayn from Felix talking about how bad he feels to be voting her out (something that cements her as the rootable likeable underdog even more, and gives Felix a little bit of a positive edit). Ends this segment on a 'Flayn is very likely going home' note.

Then you have Leicester, where I think despite being the 'underdog' Lorenz has a very mixed edit. He's had a cocky attitude up until then and a bit of a villainous edit, and after the last round it's pretty clear his position is his fault - but he's shown to be completely on his own (with Claude confessionalising that he needs to distance), fighting an unwinnable battle, which by default gives him a little bit of a positive slant. I think Lysit gets a positive edit too for managing to finally work her way into a solid group after so long of being at the bottom.

Then you cut back to Mercedes, confessionalising with the White Heron Cup in her hands, talking about how her allies are in danger and how she has the ability to save one, but only one. Give a good view on how difficult the decision is, but don't show what she actually does. Adrestian TC happens, when advantages are asked for the camera pans to Flayn, then Mercedes, then votes get read, Flayn is out, pan back to Mercedes and Dimitri for reactions. Then Leicester TC happens, viewers are thinking 'surely Mercedes didn't send it to Lorenz' - same edit again, ask for advantages, cut to Lorenz, few seconds of silence...

This is do or die for me I think. 

Lorenz plays the idol on himself, show shocked faces everywhere, 4 votes negated, 1 vote left... Next player voted out of Leicester Alliance: Lysithea.

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 03:32:27 pm »
From an actual strategy perspective, I think it was a terrible decision for Mercedes to send Lorenz the idol. It's not quite a J.T. moment because at least Lorenz was an actual ally, but you don't know the situation over there at all, and in fact all its done is save him probably for a phase. He's torpedoed his game so hard with the public post about Alois' mutiny that I think even a swap wouldn't save him at this point - by keeping him alive, Mercedes is just tying herself to a sinking ship if they meet up again.

I think sending it to Flayn would have been reasonable, because then at least it's providing some protection on a tribe where it's very unclear if Mercedes is safe otherwise. The best play was almost certainly to let both go and keep the idol though.

But from a spectating perspective, that moment was fantastic and I'm glad she did it!

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 08:56:06 pm »
The amount of mutiny bids that have happened this game is a lot more than I expected when I read the information about them.

Especially this tribal phase with someone swapping every round now.

If it weren't for all the intertribal connections already, Adrestian Empire would just be extremely confused about what is happening between the other two houses.
Actually I think they probably are still confused.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 09:32:52 pm »
it would be a little funny if lorenz saved the guy he hates for no reason by randomly getting paranoid about an idol he doesn't have

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 05:52:00 am »
There is currently another idol hidden - been live for about 8 hours and nobody's found it yet. Will be interesting to see who picks up on it, and how long it takes them!

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 02:20:13 pm »
Anna, how much to buy that fruit?  Fruit seems valuable?

He is so close it's painful

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 02:20:37 pm »
And then he went back to the rickroll from the start... so close yet so far!

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 02:24:42 pm »
Also, seems like the rumour that Hubert has the idol reached Hubert and he's playing into it...

Hubert confirmed he had the idol. But doesn't want to use it. I may tell Doro about it and say, you have to convince him you'll vote for him or he'll keep it in his pocket. But also Doro doesn't want to vote Hapi with me because she's worried about Petra!! ughhh

I wonder if he can get this to pay off? Idol bluffs are so difficult to make work but a situation where the rumour that you have one is already going around everyone, and the tribe is small enough that they can't really split the vote, feels like the ideal time to try!

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 02:32:01 pm »
from alois:

kind of iconic tbh!

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 07:05:33 pm »
They do know you can mutiny without swapping or having bid mutiny right?

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 07:06:39 pm »
Although I am confused why the Ashe/Claude swap never happened in round 4.
I'm assuming because the swap was then occurring.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2021, 07:11:40 pm »
yeah

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2021, 07:12:32 pm »
doro probably should've made this a hubert vote