Mini 707: Cops and Robbers Mafia (Game Over)

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by q21 »

Just nominated Myk for best role claim scummy. I know its still early in the year for scummy contention, but I think it was good enough to deserve the nomination - someone go second it.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Patrick wrote:And when I was watching on day 2, I was convinced Green Crayons had to be either a cop with an innocent result on crywolf
Going from "I'll cry if we don't lynch crywolf tomorrow" to "I reread crywolf during the night and I don't want to lynch her" and then hardly mentioning her again for quite some time really screamed "cop result!" to me. But I did it anyways. Meh.
Patrick wrote:When he returned to crywolf after Ether suddenly started on her again, I was leaning towards the latter case.
What changed my opinion of my innocent result was actually a throw away line Ether put out there, something along the lines that there could be multiple cops with different sanities. I basically convinced myself that I was naive (CW's refusal to chip in at any point in time helped cement this notion) and thought that maybe Emp's incredibly bad arguments were founded off of paranoid cop results. Before q21 hammered, I was starting to fall away from this notion and was going to try to refocus a lynch on q21 because - as Ether pointed out - he was the common scum denominator in all of the scum lists.
q21 wrote:I think GC played a really good game and that the timing of Myk's claim was perfect.
I disagree. Only one person I seriously suspected ended up being a scumbag and, as was pointed out to me by Ether once I bought it, I totally took the quick/lazy way out of the q21 lynch by revealing my role instead of using the plenty of useful lynch fodder. Not to mention I let Ether/Patrick talk me into a D1 lynch that I wasn't really behind, so I let an appeal to authority get to the better of me. Damn their reputations!

Things might have been different if Fuzz chose better targets, but as the game stands I think Myk was mvp for the game. Miller claim was made at an excellent time and it was a long term gambit that might have withstood a 3 person stand-off with two cops floating about. I think this previous day had a lot of scum tells from the appropriate people (moreso than the other days), but that could just be because I knew their roles. Or maybe it's because they were anxious to win. Who knows.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Me wrote:I disagree. Only one person I seriously suspected ended up being a scumbag and, as was pointed out to me by Ether once I bought it, I totally took the quick/lazy way out of the q21 lynch by revealing my role instead of using the plenty of useful lynch fodder. Not to mention I let Ether/Patrick talk me into a D1 lynch that I wasn't really behind, so I let an appeal to authority get to the better of me. Damn their reputations!
Oh yeah, and I was exceptionally opinionated in seeing to it that one of the scum weren't lynched because, seriously... Scum can't be that bad at being scum, right? Le sigh.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Patrick »

Green Crayons wrote:Not to mention I let Ether/Patrick talk me into a D1 lynch that I wasn't really behind, so I let an appeal to authority get to the better of me. Damn their reputations!
It's a trap I've fallen into as well, especially when I think the experienced player is town. I try to give reputation less weight now and just focus on the merit of what someone is saying.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Ether »

Empking's behavior boiled down to active lurking. (shrug) He wasn't accomplishing anything with the fights he picked--less than what towngoers are typically expected to accomplish. His wagon
did
suck, though--both scum were on it, and on Day 2 I could understand Crywolf's vote also setting off alarms. (I hated his later Cryvote, though by then I might have been biased. I would like to read his comments.)
Post 1201, Canary wrote:Before q21 hammered, I was starting to fall away from this notion and was going to try to refocus a lynch on q21 because - as Ether pointed out - he was the common scum denominator in all of the scum lists.
It was those goddamned vanilla claims. The town metagame would be stronger if we encouraged people to claim when and only when they had power roles that raised the stakes of their lynches.

I really want to nominate Fuzzyman for a title referencing his sanity, but I get the feeling from his last post here that he wouldn't actually accept it. Discuss.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by mykonian »

q21 wrote:Just nominated Myk for best role claim scummy. I know its still early in the year for scummy contention, but I think it was good enough to deserve the nomination - someone go second it.
wow, thank you!

GC, I think on the one side, you are a little harsh for yourself. You didn't do everything wrong. You made the pool of possible lynch targets smaller by your good play. You did get the information out of that too. You didn't always make the best decisions based on that, but that is something the rest of the town has to do with you. It was not only you that stopped suspecting Empking, after fuzzy stopped, it was suddenly gone. I really didn't understand. But saying that it was your fault is a bit too much I think.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by q21 »

GC - you were logical in how you went about things and laid your thoughts out clearly in a manner that could easily be discussed. In doing so you did your bit in helping the town. The only negative from your play was that you counter-claimed me when you probably shouldn't have.

All in all I was impressed.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by mykonian »

Ether wrote:I really want to nominate Fuzzyman for a title referencing his sanity, but I get the feeling from his last post here that he wouldn't actually accept it. Discuss.
bit negative, isn't it? and I hope he doesn't become known for it. (unless I'm more often scum then town :))
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Having just completed my post-game reread, I apologize for my statement earlier. I was in kind of a bad mood then.

There are clearly ways in which I failed my fellow banking customers. I unabashedly overthought things, and I ended up like that guy who guesses, "0," at a, "Guess Half the Average Competetition." I just never got into the minds of the scum, not to mention my complete neglect of the possibility of Mykscum. No team should have to deal with the level of incompetence I displayed.

On the brighter side, however, win or lose, this is experience. As Confucious said, everybody makes mistakes; failure to correct those mistakes, though, is the biggest mistake. I'll be sure not to make that big mistake anytime in the future.

I applaud Emp, Myk, and to an ever so slightly less extent q21, for good scum play. You guys did a great job of framing up Mizzy, and keeping Myk out of trouble for what probably would have been a full 4 days.

I had fun playing with y'all, and look forward to seeing you in future games. You guys are great mafia players and great people.
really want to nominate Fuzzyman for a title referencing his sanity, but I get the feeling from his last post here that he wouldn't actually accept it. Discuss.
I got nothing against this. Any publicity is good publicity.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:39 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Good game all... I apologize for my lurkiness...and in activity. A lot came up in my life killing my ability and willingness to play because of the shit i was dealing with didn't help...
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

gg scum. Sorry town.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Ether »

The annoying thing is that I can't think of anything wittier than "Insane Cop." ¬_¬

Shit, and I almost forgot:

*digs up Canary's corpse*

*beats Empking over the head with it*
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 am

Post by mykonian »

Ether wrote:The annoying thing is that I can't think of anything wittier than "Insane Cop." ¬_¬

Shit, and I almost forgot:

*digs up Canary's corpse*

*beats Empking over the head with it*
but do you think it will get better then that? I think it fits very well for this situation.
Simpor
Simpor
Goon
Simpor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Simpor »

Well games ended. I defended myself very bad the first day..
Hmmmm
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”