Mini 707: Cops and Robbers Mafia (Game Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Ether »

What's the default number on that scale?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by charter »

Time for a votecount.

Vote Count:

Mizzy - 2 (Green Crayons, q21)

Ether - 1 (Fuzzyman)
Fuzzyman - 1 (Mizzy)

Not Voting: (7)

crywolf20084
Ether
Mister Lolipedo-kun
Simpor
Aceagain
corporate
Tisp

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Ether »

Hah. My unvote was a mistake, but I get this feeling I'm going to be voting half the cast over the next few pages anyway, so meh, whatever.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Ether wrote:What's the default number on that scale?
0 or 1 since I have little or no opinion yet on others.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

unvote; vote:Mizzy
since she has failed to rebound against GC's arguments in post 49.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Fuzzyman wrote:
unvote; vote:Mizzy
since she has failed to rebound against GC's arguments in post 49.
"What part of piece by piece, very little real time due to IRL so tell me which parts are most important so I can answer" do you fail to understand? Also, that's an OMGUS vote with a lame cover story for it.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Ether »

For reference, how long do you expect to be limited access on your job?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Ether wrote:For reference, how long do you expect to be limited access on your job?
Late nights and weekends for 2 weeks-ish, not counting holidays.

corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by corporate »

if you cant play maybe you should seek a replacement. cuz this 2 weeks thing could just be bs to lurk and or pick and choose when you wanna jump in...
on a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Ether »

No. I'm not thrilled with Mizzy, but I completely believe that her job is serious business. And she
still
manages to be more active than half the game. I think the focus should move to someone else for today.

So how did your read go, Corporate?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Mizzy »

corporate wrote:if you cant play maybe you should seek a replacement. cuz this 2 weeks thing could just be bs to lurk and or pick and choose when you wanna jump in...
Oh, I can play, it will just be limited. Perhaps you should play a little more
yourself

And yeah, the work thing is pretty serious. We found out that one of our off-shore satellite offices dropped the ball on an entire project and now I have to do the job of 7 people in a week that they had months to do originally. I can still post and play but I need help to focus on the important things and can't banter. I don't lurk, trust me.

Tisp
Tisp
Townie
Tisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Tisp »

To be honest, I don't find any real reasons to vote for anyone thus far.

The entire banter with Mizzy is questionable at best. My scumdar doesn't appear to go off on her, as her replies are fast and to the point.

Q21's vote is very bandwagony but I believe that to be for reasons like my own, not much else to go on.

I'd like to see some responses from the other 4 inactives before I really get into this. If anyone has any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer.

And to get the ball rolling a little bit more:

Ether: can you please rank Corporate, q21, fuzzy, GC, Tisp and Mizzy using any scale of scumminess you please.

Fuzzyman: Can you please rank Corporate, q21, Ether, GC, Tisp and Mizzy using any scale of scumminess you please.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Tisp wrote:If anyone has any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer.
How about listing players in terms of least suspicious to most with corresponding reasons?
Mizzy wrote:"What part of piece by piece, very little real time due to IRL so tell me which parts are most important so I can answer" do you fail to understand?
I was serious when I said you're more than welcome to take up a paragraph at a time from the post.

I do, however, agree that Fuzz's vote is premature for the reasons he stated.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Mizzy »

Actually, at this point, I think I have addressed everything in the big post of yours whether directly or indirectly. Did I miss anything or do you want clarification?

Tisp
Tisp
Townie
Tisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Tisp »

LEAST

Fuzzyman - Mister Lolipedo-kun - Green Crayons - Ether =
Don't think badly of them as it stands right now. Their posts may need more analysis.

q21 =
Potential Bandwagon jumper.

Mizzy =
I don't think she is scummy at all, but 3 votes has to be worth something.

corporate =
Didn't have much to say. I'd like to see more from him.

crywolf20084 - Aceagain - Simpor =
Potential Lurk / Inactive

MOST

This should be taken at face-value.
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:44 am

Post by corporate »

ok well, im pretty undecided. theres a lot of stretching going on and votes with lack of substance. also due to the lack of participation from half the game im going to hold my vote untill we get to know each other a little better.

i could put a FoS at almost everybody. but the top two on my radar are mizzy and ether, but that may be because they are two of the most vocal and that leaves more chances to misinterpet. im also skeptical about mizzys attention to limited participation, it just feels like a possible defensive move. ether, immediatley buying it and defending her is questionable.

im least suspicious of GC. GC makes sense to me.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Mizzy wrote:Actually, at this point, I think I have addressed everything in the big post of yours whether directly or indirectly. Did I miss anything or do you want clarification?
I'm confused. You're saying that you think you already addressed everything in some form or fashion, but earlier today you admonished Fuzz for voting you on the grounds of not answer my points. When you criticized him, the basis behind it wasn't because you had already responded to my points, but because you haven't had time to do so yet. It took only a 12 hour time frame to reverse this philosophy of where you stand/what you have and have not said - with no posts made by you dealing with substative in-game material between these two posts.

I mean, I don't know if I would qualify this as scummy. But definitely as weird. I might consider it as an attempt to sidestep legitimate points, but only after mulling it over some more.
Me wrote:Summary: Spouts craplogic to pad her one decent point, hates scumtells because good signs that you're on the path to catching scum is "bullshit," attacks players for actions that she's committing, uses logical fallicies instead of reasonable arguments and fudges the history of what she has said. Add that to my previous reasons for my vote and I'm happy to say I'm quite content with it at the moment.
This is what I wrote at the end of the wall post. Reading through your posts after page two, I don't really see you answering any of these points in any fashion, be it direct or indirect. By all means, point me out to where I missed your responses.

corp wrote:but the top two on my radar are mizzy and ether, but that may be because they are two of the most vocal and that leaves more chances to misinterpet. im
Care to point out where specifically you find them suspicious but seem that way potentially only because you may be misinterpreting something?

I find it odd how a basis of your suspicion for them is that they're vocal but somehow I'm least suspicious. I think I'm at least as vocal as Mizzy, at least in terms of actual in-game discussion... and certainly, I am in the pool of more vocal players over all. I dunno. "Excessive" quantity of contribution is just a crappy basis of reasoning, especially when you don't apply it unilaterally.

I also find it odd that you fault Ether for immediately "buying" Mizzy's busy work problem but find no grief with me when I have expressed similar sentiments since Mizzy's work-load announcement. More double standards. Oh, and only really shitty people use fake real life excuses for their inactivity/dodging of questions. Mizzy may be scum but that doesn't make her a shitty person, and I think any insinuation of some sort of sinister motive without actual proof that her claim is bogus is unsportsmanlike, slanderous and, in that it relies on wholly speculative material out of the scope of the game, not useful to finding scum.
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:38 am

Post by corporate »

its not exactly because they are vocal, its because they have been more vocal in less creditable subject matter which makes it hard to interpet since the ball is barley rolling. its not exactly anything specific that rubs me wrong im just observing behaviors. and im not sure how i feel about them yet.

and you, GC, are just as vocal. (congratulations, heres a cookie.) but the reason im least bothered by it is because you come across with more sound reasoning and detail. something i need to refine.

and the using real life as a way to dodge questions. hey, it may be a low, shitty tactic. but the objective is to win, and if i was scum i would use every tool at my disposal. im not trying to be unsportsman like or slanderous, but im not going to assume anyones telling the truth about anything, yet.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Mizzy »

Green:
Sorry, my thoughts are a little all over the place, but that still leaves Fuzzy's vote to being messed up because his comment lead me to believe I had forgotten an entire post or something else major...but when I went back to check, it seemed like I had gotten everything. So either he hasn't been reading my responses or was looking for any excuse to vote me in order to keep it from looking OMGUS. He said he voted me for not answering your questions, but I did.

Thanks for pointing out the quote, I honestly hadn't seen it but I'm not surprised.
GC wrote:Summary: Spouts craplogic to pad her one decent point, hates scumtells because good signs that you're on the path to catching scum is "bullshit," attacks players for actions that she's committing, uses logical fallicies instead of reasonable arguments and fudges the history of what she has said. Add that to my previous reasons for my vote and I'm happy to say I'm quite content with it at the moment.
You haven't really proved that my logic is crap, just that you don't agree with it, but my real reasons (note the plural) for thinking Fuzz is scum are quite valid.

I hate the majority of scumtells because they are often used as excuses to pull bad plays. Scum can cry "scumtell!" just as much as town can and quite frankly, scumtells can point to town just as much as they point to scum. Better to use cold, hard evidence than to just shout "scumtell!" and expect me to agree.

I hope this helps, let me know if I missed anything else.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:47 am

Post by q21 »

Ether wrote:Dislike q21's vote, regardless of Mizzy's alignment.
Shame.

I read through and voted where I thought my vote should be.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:03 am

Post by q21 »

Tisp wrote: ...

If anyone has any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer.

Third post and you're offering to answer question... what the hell would people question you on? (Ironically, that's a question...)

It seems more to me like you want to become more involved without taking any initiative yourself.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Tisp wrote: Fuzzyman: Can you please rank Corporate, q21, Ether, GC, Tisp and Mizzy using any scale of scumminess you please.
From 1-5, scummy higher, and everybody starting at 2...

Corporate -4- Eh, I would like, if not for my stupid gut. Seems sorta unproductive, but I'm going to buy the, "until we get to know each other a little better," thing for a while.

Ether -1- My conversation-sparking vote on her was admittedly quite a reach, and whatever merit she had lost in that accusation has quickly been picked back up in concise and insightful posts.

GC -2- This guy is also a likely townie, but I'd really like for him to stop bailing me out from people's attacks. I'm quitefine defending myself, and don't want to be thought of as someone who was cuddled up with you if you happen to flip scum later.

Lisp -2- I can't really say that I've gained much of an opinion of her yet. She seems to be kinda sittin' back, waiting to see who is the right vote for her. In fact, I'd like her to take part in this survey, me included.

Mizzy -4- Personally, I WOULD consider changing from "No Time" to "Already Did" scummy. Also, I hope she realizes that she doesn't have to take hours out of her schedule to answer huge things of text. There are plenty of other things to do, which need not be named here. I also don't like how she thinks less of me as town because of some of my playing beliefs.

q21 -2- He hasn't been active for long, so there's really not much to go off of. His post #88 seems like some good input, and he's asking smart questions. I've gotta say though, I still want to get more of a feel on him before I say much.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by Ether »

Reference question for everyone: what went through your head when I accidentally unvoted in 74?
Post 111, Tisp wrote:Ether: can you please rank Corporate, q21, fuzzy, GC, Tisp and Mizzy using any scale of scumminess you please.
Scum

q21 - "The point here is that even were those reasons flawless why not give them when you voted? Giving reasons for a vote after the fact seems like a scummy way play" from 88 is a bullshit excuse, and it makes me nervous that I'm almost the only person who feels this way.
Corporate - You said in another thread that you hadn't played in a while, Corporate. What
is
your mafia experience? Full details.
Mizzy - bored now.
Tisp - lurkerhate, mostly.
Fuzzyman - I would have put him a bit higher before 121, but he does have opinions, so yeah.
Green Crayons - actually, I'm not really sure how to read him.

Town

I'm probably not going to stick to this, obviously. Tisp, why was it Fuzzyman and me you wanted to hear from, and why did you ask about those people specifically? Do you
really
think Crywolf is in the exact same set as {Aceagain, Simpor}?
Post 117, Corporate wrote:and the using real life as a way to dodge questions. hey, it may be a low, shitty tactic. but the objective is to win, and if i was scum i would use every tool at my disposal. im not trying to be unsportsman like or slanderous, but im not going to assume anyones telling the truth about anything, yet.
Yeah, but that's because you're a horrible person. (shrug)
Post 70, Crywolf wrote:Yes you may have contributed a little bit, but to me, being sick and studying for a very important Bio test takes precedent to this.
Why doesn't this bother you, Corporate? She actually
has
used this as a crutch, while still being active elsewhere on the site; in contrast, most of Mizzy's recent posts are still here on 707.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by corporate »

Ether wrote:Reference question for everyone: what went through your head when I accidentally unvoted in 74?
Post 111, Tisp wrote:Ether: can you please rank Corporate, q21, fuzzy, GC, Tisp and Mizzy using any scale of scumminess you please.
Scum

q21 - "The point here is that even were those reasons flawless why not give them when you voted? Giving reasons for a vote after the fact seems like a scummy way play" from 88 is a bullshit excuse, and it makes me nervous that I'm almost the only person who feels this way.
Corporate - You said in another thread that you hadn't played in a while, Corporate. What
is
your mafia experience? Full details.
Mizzy - bored now.
Tisp - lurkerhate, mostly.
Fuzzyman - I would have put him a bit higher before 121, but he does have opinions, so yeah.
Green Crayons - actually, I'm not really sure how to read him.

Town

I'm probably not going to stick to this, obviously. Tisp, why was it Fuzzyman and me you wanted to hear from, and why did you ask about those people specifically? Do you
really
think Crywolf is in the exact same set as {Aceagain, Simpor}?
Post 117, Corporate wrote:and the using real life as a way to dodge questions. hey, it may be a low, shitty tactic. but the objective is to win, and if i was scum i would use every tool at my disposal. im not trying to be unsportsman like or slanderous, but im not going to assume anyones telling the truth about anything, yet.
Post 70, Crywolf wrote:Yes you may have contributed a little bit, but to me, being sick and studying for a very important Bio test takes precedent to this.
has
used this as a crutch, while still being active elsewhere on the site; in contrast, most of Mizzy's recent posts are still here on 707.
i didnt take it as a big deal when you unvoted. its too early for that to rub me wrong.

youre reading my other games? and im a horrible person?

why does it matter my full mafia experience? i dont have to tell every thought i have. like the fact crywolf does make me uncomfortable since he appears to be lurking. but obviously it didnt make me uncomfortable enough to rush to point that out yet.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:43 am

Post by q21 »

Ether wrote:...
Scum

I have done that myself as scum and seen others do it. It was the first thing in my read that made me take notice of Mizzy and hadn't been mentioned yet. When added to the other points raised by yourself and GC I felt that Mizzy was where my vote should be.
has
The double standard pointed out by Ether here is a good catch. *adds corporate to list of possible scum*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”