Newbie 686 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 686 - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Mert »

Newbie 686

Of the nine of you who hang out in your town, it turns out that two of you are vicious mafiates, hell-bent on killing each and every one of you. Welp! Will the town work together to oust these dreadful assailants or will they succeed in murdering you and your kin? Let's find out...

Useful Links:

Mafiascum Wiki Main Page | Newbie Guide | Frequently Asked Questions | List of Commonly Used Abbreviations

Game Links:

Game Status | Rules | Roles
Day One Start | Night One | Day Two Start | Night Two | Day Three Start | Night Three
Last edited by Mert on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:28 am, edited 12 times in total.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Mert »

Current Status:
Game Over
Alive (2):

AWA, Mafia Goon

ZazieR, Mafia Roleblocker

Dead (7):

Lightsource
Alduskkel, Townie, Killed Night One

Grum, Townie, Lynched Day Two

Clyde, Townie, Killed Night Two

alex aragao, Townie, Lynched Day Three

Destrox, Townie, killed during endgame

Pear Bear, Townie, killed during endgame

Xtoxm, Townie, killed during endgame
Last edited by Mert on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 am, edited 16 times in total.
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:46 am

Post by Mert »

Rules:
(credit to mith for their creation, credit to me for stealing them)

• This is a game. Have fun. Don't let things get personal.
  • During Day, you may vote for the player you want to lynch. Votes should be in the form
    Vote: Player
    or they may not be counted. It is helpful to "
    Unvote
    " when switching your vote to a different player, though this is not required.
  • Whenever a player has a majority in votes, that player will be lynched, his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin. Once a player has reached a majority, no votes or unvotes will be registered. You may also
    Vote: No Lynch
    ; a majority will end Day without a death.
  • If discussion lags or Day goes on for too long, a deadline may be set. If no one has reached a majority at the deadline, no one will be lynched.
  • During Night, players with role abilities may send targets for those abilities. Choices are due by the posted deadline.
  • Don't edit/delete posts. Use the "Preview" button to look over your post before you submit it.
  • Don't quote any PMs from the Moderator.
  • Mafia are allowed to communicate by PM during the Night phase only. Otherwise, do not talk to anyone about this game outside the thread.
  • If you're dead, you're dead. Do not talk until the game is over; this includes talking to living players outside the thread.
  • If you have any question, complaint, or comment, PM the Moderator.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:50 am

Post by Mert »

Roles:
credit for this section goes to Thok as, again, it is stolen

This game is an open set up F11 game. We have a 1 in 4 chance of using any of the following set ups.
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, and 5 vanilla townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, and 7 vanilla townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, and 6 vanilla townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, and 6 vanilla townies
All roles and the set up will be selected by random.org. For example, do not assume that the scum group contains 1 IC and 1 newbie.

Here are role PM's.

Mafia:
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both as long as the mafia Roleblocker is alive.)

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.

Please confirm in the thread.
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia Roleblocker) (who is a pro-Mafia goon) Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.

Doctor:
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected, unless you are roleblocked). You may not protect yourself.

Cop:
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.

Townies:
The Mod wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:53 am

Post by Mert »

Roles going out now. As the game begins in the Day phase, no night actions are required to be sent in until the end of Day One. Mafia may speak to each other privately during the confirmation stage but only until the game has started. I will send a PM to all players once the game has begun. Good luck!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:12 am

Post by Tamuz »

sic
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:13 am

Post by seawolf167 »

/confirm
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Confirm.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
rahul
rahul
Townie
rahul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:59 am

Post by rahul »

/confirm
alex aragao
alex aragao
Townie
alex aragao
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:33 am

Post by alex aragao »

/confirm
Clyde
Clyde
Townie
Clyde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Clyde »

/confirm.
Destrox
Destrox
Townie
Destrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Destrox »

/confirm
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Grum »

Logged in and ready to play! /confirm roger?
At all times I are confusing... Is my hobby..
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Mert »

Only Lightsource has yet to have confirmed and he has not yet read his PM. In the interest of not delaying the game further, Day One begins as of this post. If Lightsource has not read his PM by around this time tomorrow, I will begin seeking a replacement.

If you have any questions directly relating to the game or its moderation, please contact me via PM. If you have any general questions about how to play etc, please either consult the Wiki or ask our "Inexperience Challenged" players in-game. Good luck everyone and most importantly, have fun!
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Grum »

Okay so I'm not one to random vote but I've found that my stance on voting in general gets me in trouble... So I'll clear it up now I don't vote unless I find some one to be very very likely. I will be both paranoid and protective of my personal votes because while I thought I was being to strict in my last game I was horribly wrong... So now I will have you know that every one is greatly suspicious to me unless given any reason not to be, and it has to be a very good reason. I also tend to make little sense from time to time so please ask for clearance if needed. I can be a fun guy, I like to think(I know every A hole says that) I want to keep my cool through out the game so please don't insult me with my spelling errors and/ or mistakes on vote counts or quotes. I hope this will get some real conversation going right off the bat. Ohh and I tend to be on late night -5 GMT... as of right now I have a growing suspicion of Light source if he doesn't post after picking up the PM. It's cool so far but I disdain lurkers. Lets get some postage going!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Tamuz »

vote: Grum

He is scum. He isn't random voting because he doesn't want to give anything away. "gets me into trouble" Pshh. if you're town, you really shouldn't care about 'getting into trouble' because you are innocent and you should be able to prove it, or you'll get reactions.

That and his entire first post sets himself up to be scummy, or suspicious, and play it off as his "normal play"

Oh, and sets up lurker hunter. Lurking is anti-town, but not necessarily scum. Therefore lurker hunter isn't pro-town.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
alex aragao
alex aragao
Townie
alex aragao
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:29 am

Post by alex aragao »

Grum wrote:I will be both paranoid and protective of my personal votes because while I thought I was being to strict in my last game I was horribly wrong...
This is scum. I have read some games and I saw that usually people are suspicious when they defend themselves too much or have bad reactions when they are voted. Grum is giving a pre-excuse for panicking (I don't know if it is well writen :lol: ) or something. When he says that he will trust nobody, he is thinking like "if I don't trust or acuse anyone, I cannot be blamed if a townsperson is lynched, so no one has reasons to lynch me". This should be random voting, but Grum is looking scummy.

Vote: Grum
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:06 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Grum wrote:Okay so I'm not one to random vote but I've found that my stance on voting in general gets me in trouble...
Seems like any vote would get you in trouble because the person you vote for (scum or not) would have a possibility of being lynched, so why worry overly about that?
Grum wrote:I will be both paranoid and protective of my personal votes
I understand that - however being that there are not a large number of responses/posts, there isn't much to go on...

Grum wrote:So now I will have you know that every one is greatly suspicious to me unless given any reason not to be
This in itself makes me a little bit suspicious
Grum wrote:I also tend to make little sense from time to time so please ask for clearance if needed.
Is this so you can possible switch and try to explain you are on the other side of your posted argument if it goes badly?
Grum wrote:I have a growing suspicion of Light source if he doesn't post after picking up the PM.
I don't think you can/should be suspicious of someone that
per the mod
has not even read his PM yet.

------------------------------
Tamuz wrote:He is scum
Mighty quick with the trigger there... one "suspicious" post and he is automatically scum?
Tamuz wrote:if you're town, you really shouldn't care about 'getting into trouble'
I think everyone needs to think about "getting into trouble" with the opposing faction - as everyone is fair game to get lynched. Assume he is town - as the first post, he either random votes or throws out some of his info/strategies/suggestions. Assume he is scum and he'll try and hide or make pre-excuses (both which I'll note he has done...)

alex aragao wrote:Grum is giving a pre-excuse for panicking
Agreed. However, you are drawing people's attention away from yourself very quickly, should this be read as trying to stay in the background/safe as scum while drawing/keeping suspicion elsewhere?

alex aragao wrote:This should be random voting, but Grum is looking scummy
Gettin' that bandwagon fired up! (as second vote for Grum) It's looking kind of scummy that the two posts immediately following Grum both vote for him...

As a personal FYI: I will mainly be posting Monday through Friday between 7AM - 3PM CST, scummy posting during work eh? lol (It's the slow season at work now that its getting cold here)
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Grum »

so coming out and telling you what to expect is scummy? and being anti lurker means I'm scummy? okay...
Look I don't mind your suspicious nature on me for being strait forward but I will not be pressured into voting someone purley because other people find them scummy, my FOS should do enough without running the risk of mislynch which is what the results were in my last game. my meta is useless because I'm aware of it so I have no defense as town to begin with and setting up for a quick lynch is far worse than holding off on voting. I never said that I was suspicious for him not picking up his PM, theres no proof that the person was even aware of the game. I said if he picks up the PM and doesn't post, then he'll go in my books as scummy. Why because clearly theres plenty to talk about right off. You can't say I didn't help start off D1, and If I end up lynched then I have my logic to help feed the town into D2... What I did here in my first active post was set up a conversation first of all and second of all got reactions that set up scum tells. I would bring you up in my suspicious list if it wasn't for the fact that you don't understand my philosophy in votes and their power.
I beleive that a vote is the most powerful tool in the game for me as town more than anything but while less so as scum it is still effective. I keep my vote from going all over the place to keep from a mislynch and also to show my confidence in my vote. I hold it very sacred and as town it is my only weapon and it's ammo is knowledge. The longer I hold off a lynch the better off town is for knowledge. I find your willingness to vote so willy nilly more scary than anything else. I know that you could easily be town using your vote very dangerously. I would hope you discontinue your dangerous play with fatality... I cannot control you and you may simply have your own game style... I however would ike to ask that if you must lynch me for what ever reasons you at lest hold off on doing so until more information is gathered and everyone has spoken.
-Thank you very much, end rant.
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:17 am

Post by seawolf167 »

@Grum - in your last post, who are you referring to when you use the word "you" & "your"?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Grum »

all the town... I think I'm in class really and got side tracked when posting...
alex aragao
alex aragao
Townie
alex aragao
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 am

Post by alex aragao »

Grum:

I do not question your philosophy of voting, if you random voted without saying anything else, I wouldn't vote you: i only think that the way you started the game made you look scummy, because you tried to excuse yourself of all future things that may happen in the game when it goes on.

seawolf:

I didn't try to take the attentions from me: if i wanted to do that, i would wait for everyone to vote and then i would vote on the guy that had more votes and would be lynched; i only acused Grum because that post was a bit suspicious, and i don't like to random vote.

Tamuz:

seawolf was right on quoting you: you mustn't say things like "he is scum" on the second post of the game. I just didn't defy you because you joined this forum 3 years ago and i think you must be a better player than i am :oops:
Destrox
Destrox
Townie
Destrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Destrox »

seawolf167 wrote:
alex aragao wrote:Grum is giving a pre-excuse for panicking
Agreed. However, you are drawing people's attention away from yourself very quickly, should this be read as trying to stay in the background/safe as scum while drawing/keeping suspicion elsewhere?
This made me laugh. You say other people are trying to draw the attention away from themselves yet you made no mention of yourself in your post and just talked about others.....why? Talking about others is fine but doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical (a little too strong of a word, but still gets the idea across).
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Time to rip some new ones.

PBPA 16-22

16: alex aragao
I'll return in bigger depth. But hows the buddying up to me? I hear its really cool to do, buddy with a townie so when he (inevitably) dies, you look townier for sharing his ideas. Beautiful.

17: seawolf
I don't follow why you understand "paranoia and overprotection" of votes. To me this is just a way to hide your vote trail. Prevent yourself from taking a concrete position so you can be as wishy washy as possible.

I think the "little sense" Grum was talking about, is a stream-of-consciousness style posting so things get lost. Frex who he is talking at in his 'rant'

I say he is scum because as of my post my mind was going. Town: Me Unknown: Everyone but Grum. Scum: Grum. Obviously I don't know he is scum. I'm saying it to show how strong of a vibe I'm picking up from him. I don't know the scum from the town (excluding myself) anymore than any other townie. I will never know for sure until the mod reveals it BUT my lexicon will still talk in the sense of SCUM and TOWN not "probable scum" and "probable town". Wishy-washy words are for scum. I can be wrong, of course, but my words will be as firm as my thoughts at the time. Top 2 in the list are scum. At the 1-post point, with a post that sets off alarm bells Grom was scum (and still is to my mind).

Scum have to worry more about getting lynched than town. As MBF says "the graveyard is full of indespensable townies". Ergo some townies get lynched so we can better locate scum. You wanna make a cake? Gotta break some eggs. I'm more convinced that scum want to stay away from any potential bullets than townies. We get reactions and die, our jobs are done.

Two votes is a bandwagon now? Aren't we 9 players, isn't that L-3 with 1/3 of the players voting (counting the voted in that list. So half the remaining players would have to vote for it there or 1/3 of the game. Hardly a bandwagon or risky.

18: Grom-- this post is hard to read. Please please please for my eyes use some more spaces (enter) walls of texts are harder to read and more ineffective at conveying anything.

Coming out and trying to excuse yourself for future scummy actions is scummy. Setting yourself to go against lurkers which is an anti-town not anti-scum tell is scummy. You can hunt inactive townies and look altruistic doing it. I don't want a scum doing that on my radar.

What the hell are you saying here
Grom wrote: I will not be pressured into voting someone purley because other people find them scummy
I haven't pleaded a word for you to vote anyone. I just don't want you to slide away without a vote trail with crappy logic. I noted you don't want to tie yourself to anyone. That is scummy. But I haven't pressured your vote at a person.
Your FoS isn't enough for me. Sorry doll. Mislynches happen. Go back to my indespensable townies sentence. Lynches, especially speedlynches show us scum. You don't want to get solid information to use with our nonsolid info (posts) to find scum?
Thats odd.

I've played along time with 7 player newbies, not once have I had a speedlynch against me. 9 players, even less likely. Unless you fuck up, it won't happen. Voting isn't fucking up. Putting a random 4th vote is fucking up. Plus, a speedhammer by a scum leave 7 alive D2, scum gets lynched and its 4vs1scum D3. Bad odds. Speed lynch in the old games was 5d2, scum lynched and its Lylo with little information. Basically I'd LOVE scum to be dumb enough to speedlynch in this game. Makes it much easier.

Blah blah blah, bullshit about your post being a gambit to get information. Thats what Jack said in one game where he claimed scum post 1 (newbie of mine). Fucked the town over. Gambits are not things to be done by townies. Townies want clarity, Gambits introduce alot of doubt.

Hmm surprisingly I believe, as a townie I only have 2 powers too. My posts and my vote. Strangely my liine of logic follows that I SHOULD use my vote. What use is it unused? None. You hide behind your lack of a vote. Express your oppinions through it. Stop trying to be clandestine. Thats scummy. Good thing I already think you are scummy, your actions follow.

Why are you speaking of your lynch already? You have 2 votes and you're already pleading around your death.I definately don't call that scummy, but its just bizarre.

19: seawolf
Good post. I agree, hella confusing.

20: Grom
Bad post, admits he isn't focusing, treating the town as a mass rather than the individuals we should be treated as.

21: alex aragao

States that he'd vote Grom regardless. Damned if you do, damned if you don't? Scummy in itself, possibly even distancing.

Agrees with seawolf. Pretty much not taking anything against anyone but Grom yet.
Lets see... where did I put that thing about buddying. Oh right
alex aragao wrote: I just didn't defy you because you joined this forum 3 years ago and i think you must be a better player than i am
You try to flatter me and you try to basically use me as an appeal to authority. I REALLY don't like this, the way you are tyng yourself to me. We have no affiliation. In my eyes you have as much chance to be scum as anyone else besides me. But you really can't have it all ways. You can't buddy to me and to seawolf. with one hand you're trying to pat my back, with the other you're patting seawolf's. This is no good, hypocracy

22: Destrox

Really?
Is this ALL you have to say?
Although in my oppinion unless people actually make attacks against you you really shouldn't adress yourself. Adress their points against you. But for the most part posts should be making cases and clarifying other people's points so they can't weasel around like scum. And the more we know about your position and relationships amongst people the more we can determine whether you're scummy or not.

BTW I'm going to a party in Guayaquil I won't have access til tuesday.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Time to rip some new ones.

PBPA 16-22

16: alex aragao
I'll return in bigger depth. But hows the buddying up to me? I hear its really cool to do, buddy with a townie so when he (inevitably) dies, you look townier for sharing his ideas. Beautiful.

17: seawolf
I don't follow why you understand "paranoia and overprotection" of votes. To me this is just a way to hide your vote trail. Prevent yourself from taking a concrete position so you can be as wishy washy as possible.

I think the "little sense" Grum was talking about, is a stream-of-consciousness style posting so things get lost. Frex who he is talking at in his 'rant'

I say he is scum because as of my post my mind was going. Town: Me Unknown: Everyone but Grum. Scum: Grum. Obviously I don't know he is scum. I'm saying it to show how strong of a vibe I'm picking up from him. I don't know the scum from the town (excluding myself) anymore than any other townie. I will never know for sure until the mod reveals it BUT my lexicon will still talk in the sense of SCUM and TOWN not "probable scum" and "probable town". Wishy-washy words are for scum. I can be wrong, of course, but my words will be as firm as my thoughts at the time. Top 2 in the list are scum. At the 1-post point, with a post that sets off alarm bells Grom was scum (and still is to my mind).

Scum have to worry more about getting lynched than town. As MBF says "the graveyard is full of indespensable townies". Ergo some townies get lynched so we can better locate scum. You wanna make a cake? Gotta break some eggs. I'm more convinced that scum want to stay away from any potential bullets than townies. We get reactions and die, our jobs are done.

Two votes is a bandwagon now? Aren't we 9 players, isn't that L-3 with 1/3 of the players voting (counting the voted in that list. So half the remaining players would have to vote for it there or 1/3 of the game. Hardly a bandwagon or risky.

18: Grom-- this post is hard to read. Please please please for my eyes use some more spaces (enter) walls of texts are harder to read and more ineffective at conveying anything.

Coming out and trying to excuse yourself for future scummy actions is scummy. Setting yourself to go against lurkers which is an anti-town not anti-scum tell is scummy. You can hunt inactive townies and look altruistic doing it. I don't want a scum doing that on my radar.

What the hell are you saying here
Grom wrote: I will not be pressured into voting someone purley because other people find them scummy
I haven't pleaded a word for you to vote anyone. I just don't want you to slide away without a vote trail with crappy logic. I noted you don't want to tie yourself to anyone. That is scummy. But I haven't pressured your vote at a person.
Your FoS isn't enough for me. Sorry doll. Mislynches happen. Go back to my indespensable townies sentence. Lynches, especially speedlynches show us scum. You don't want to get solid information to use with our nonsolid info (posts) to find scum?
Thats odd.

I've played along time with 7 player newbies, not once have I had a speedlynch against me. 9 players, even less likely. Unless you fuck up, it won't happen. Voting isn't fucking up. Putting a random 4th vote is fucking up. Plus, a speedhammer by a scum leave 7 alive D2, scum gets lynched and its 4vs1scum D3. Bad odds. Speed lynch in the old games was 5d2, scum lynched and its Lylo with little information. Basically I'd LOVE scum to be dumb enough to speedlynch in this game. Makes it much easier.

Blah blah blah, bullshit about your post being a gambit to get information. Thats what Jack said in one game where he claimed scum post 1 (newbie of mine). Fucked the town over. Gambits are not things to be done by townies. Townies want clarity, Gambits introduce alot of doubt.

Hmm surprisingly I believe, as a townie I only have 2 powers too. My posts and my vote. Strangely my liine of logic follows that I SHOULD use my vote. What use is it unused? None. You hide behind your lack of a vote. Express your oppinions through it. Stop trying to be clandestine. Thats scummy. Good thing I already think you are scummy, your actions follow.

Why are you speaking of your lynch already? You have 2 votes and you're already pleading around your death.I definately don't call that scummy, but its just bizarre.

19: seawolf
Good post. I agree, hella confusing.

20: Grom
Bad post, admits he isn't focusing, treating the town as a mass rather than the individuals we should be treated as.

21: alex aragao

States that he'd vote Grom regardless. Damned if you do, damned if you don't? Scummy in itself, possibly even distancing.

Agrees with seawolf. Pretty much not taking anything against anyone but Grom yet.
Lets see... where did I put that thing about buddying. Oh right
alex aragao wrote: I just didn't defy you because you joined this forum 3 years ago and i think you must be a better player than i am
You try to flatter me and you try to basically use me as an appeal to authority. I REALLY don't like this, the way you are tyng yourself to me. We have no affiliation. In my eyes you have as much chance to be scum as anyone else besides me. But you really can't have it all ways. You can't buddy to me and to seawolf. with one hand you're trying to pat my back, with the other you're patting seawolf's. This is no good, hypocracy

22: Destrox

Really?
Is this ALL you have to say?
Although in my oppinion unless people actually make attacks against you you really shouldn't adress yourself. Adress their points against you. But for the most part posts should be making cases and clarifying other people's points so they can't weasel around like scum. And the more we know about your position and relationships amongst people the more we can determine whether you're scummy or not.

BTW I'm going to a party in Guayaquil I won't have access til tuesday.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”