Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Mini 661 - Meta uPick 2 - Abandoned

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Ether »

Night 4. The first mafiate has died, causing SensFan's meta to end. Please send choices by noon on Tuesday the 16th.

Day 1 starts here.

Alive: 6

dahill1
Darox
eldarad
replaces hasdgfas

PookyTheMagicalBear
SensFan
Yosarian2
replaces Coron

Dead: 6

Tarhalindur - Tarhalindur, killed by SensFan Day 1
Lord Gurgi - vanilla turned suicidal dayvig, modkilled Day 2
kabenon007 - vanilla, lynched Day 2
MafiaSSK - hippy, lynched Day 3
Flameaxe - orc, killed Night 3
Skruffs
replaces ChannelDelibird
- SensFan, lynched Day 4
Last edited by Ether on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:00 am, edited 21 times in total.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Ether »

• Rules (last updated pregame)
  1. Assuming you don't lynch anyone, a day phase will last at least two weeks. When the two weeks are up, I will secretly roll for a final deadline, which will be somewhere between 24 and 168 hours long, inclusive. After this deadline hits, the game will go to night.
  2. If the game goes to night due to a deadline, there won't be a lynch. Someone has to consciously place a hammer.
  3. You may choose to go to night without a lynch before then, by having half of the players
    vote: No Lynch
  4. Night deadlines are "whenever I next get online 48 hours after [the lynch scene/finding any necessary replacements]." If I'm missing your choice and you're on AIM, I'll contact you and give you a minute to think of something. Otherwise, you'll just miss your choice. I will not announce day sooner, even if all choices are in.
  5. For the
    most
    part, day abilities can be used by typing them out in the format
    [keyword]: [playername]
    . Your role PM contains a list of keywords you can use; in addition, the keyword
    Vote
    is universal.
  6. Living players and dead scum may speak out of thread freely--however,
    I expect to receive
    all
    transcripts.

7. When you're dead, stop posting and stop talking out of thread. If you're hammered, you count as dead and should not post even before I reach the thread to make it official. However, deceased mafia may continue to communicate outside of thread.
  8. Do try to be active, and leave a notification in-thread, on V/LA and/or by PM if that's not possible. If I notice that someone hasn't posted in 72 hours, I will prod it; it will be expected to read the PM and post in-thread within 48 hours. If asked, I will disclose the status of any prod.
  9. I will seek a replacement for anyone who does not respond to a prod (unless it's known to be on vacation) or requests replacement. I reserve the right to subjectively replace people for inactivity, though I will first confront someone in danger of this.
  10. I'll try to post one votecount per page. If I miss a page, I'll edit a votecount into the top of the page. Every page will have a votecount somewhere. If I make mistakes in my votecount, it is your right to verbally abuse me. "Point them out gently" my ass.
  11. The out-of-character font and
    tag are for mod usage only.
  12. Read your role PM--summarize it in your confirmation, even. But don't quote it or make any reference to its specific wording. For that matter, don't quote any private message anyone sends you about this game.
  13. Don't reference ongoing games. Don't take advantage of any abilities you might have as a list mod. Don't flame players excessively. I might be forgetting some things; I reserve the right to add rules and clarifications mid-game as I see fit.
  14. Play to win, but do try to have fun while you're at it.
  15. Jathan can't post.
  16. Jathan can't discuss the game.
  • Guidelines
  • Players should be able to change part or all of their role within mod-set time periods. - ChannelDelibird
  • Anyone who uses an information role will receive 3 results and have to decide which is correct - hasdgfas
  • All daykills must be accompanied by a story/scene written by the player attempting the kill and the effectiveness of the daykill will be affected by the entertainment value and/or quality of the writing involved. Poorly written stories will be laughed out of existence - Pooky
  • players may talk outside of thread. (Since these comunications are not technically posts, you can post non-emote things in these conversations) - Coron
  • All abilities are used publicly, in the thread, regardless of type - Darox
  • Scum don't know their buddies. Scum who are killed are sent a list of who their buddies are (were?). - SensFan
  • all players who have been killed must talk in emoticons - dahill1

• This game will use the Worse Idea Mafia mechanic.
    (There are no lynches and no nights; instead, all players have a regenerating daykill in addition to any special abilities they may possess.)
    - Tarhalindur
  • Whenever a mafia member dies, they have a venge kill. - Lord Gurgi
  • Everyone has a one-shot hide ability, which is activated by PMing the mod. - kabenon007
  • Any person who is killed in any way may talk in the game but not vote - MafiaSSK
  • Everyone's rule is only in effect if that person is alive - Flameaxe
There is at least one player in the game who received the following role PM:
Vanilla wrote:You are a cold-blooded killer. Every day, you or someone like you will shoot another player dead. If Tarhalindur dies, your gun will shrivel into a piece of string which can be woven into a noose. There is a scientific explanation for this.

You are pro-town. You win when all anti-town players are dead.
Many people have multiple abilities which they will be allowed to switch between at certain intervals, as long as ChannelDelibird is alive. Abilities are activated by keywords; as long as Darox is alive, they must be used right in the thread for everyone to see. Here is a sample role PM for a power role:
Sample Role PM wrote:You are the Hippymaker! Your unwashed stench has a hypnotic undertone which lures other players into becoming hippies. Then they can share drugs and contemplate the universe.
  • Ceasefire:
    Every day, you will spread the word of love and peace for all the populace. All chargecounts will be frozen, and shooting will be impossible for the next 48 hours of the game. (This is the effect while Tarhalindur is alive, at least.) This ability has no specific target.
  • Share:
    Once per day, you may pass your teachings on to another player. It will gain a
    Ceasefire
    ability of its own.
  • Pacify:
    Once per day, you may use entrance another player with your alluringly stinky body odor. Every time it shoots henceforth, its charge will be set back 48 hours instead of 24.
You may use
Ceasefire
every day, but only have time to teach one player your more complicated ways through
or
Pacify
. In the automatic 24-hour ceasefire after each daykill, you may PM me and set which of these you would like to use for the next day.

By the way, there is currently at least one player in this game with a daykill.

You are pro-town. You win when all anti-town players are dead.
That's the general format: flavor, a list of each ability beginning with its keyword, a description of how these abilities clash with each other and when you can switch, then if applicable any unique knowledge, then a win condition. Roles may be subject to change, of course.
Last edited by Ether on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:32 am, edited 11 times in total.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER