crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:14 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

TonyMontana wrote:
Lowell wrote:
##unvote, vote tony
. His post is all over the map. He's trying to sow the seeds of doubt without having to take responsibility himself.
Yay for vague, unsubstantiated attacks. :roll:
I agree with Lowell, but not enough to put a third vote on your head yet.

All you seem to be doing is talking.
FOS Tony

Ythill wrote:User claimed miller which means he is (a) a miller telling the truth (b) a mobster lying or (c) another option that I'm not going to explain for now.
I am awfully interested in what you're thinking for option (c).

I've slept on your thoughts and I think I may know where you are going, but I'll keep my thoughts to myself for a little longer.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Lowell »

There are so many people I want dead.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:03 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Lowell wrote:There are so many people I want dead.
What the hell do you mean?

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Hmm. Well, might as well get my thoughts on the claim cleared up now that I've seen other peoples posts about it and checked the MD discussion thread. So, here are my thoughts:

As Miller:
Claiming Day One is probably the best play, as a claim right after a guilty result is revealed comes off as really contrived. Claiming day one, page one even, seems like the proper play as miller. Not only does it get the idea out there early, but it also provides a good basis for discussion early which is fairly protown.
As Scum:
Claiming Day One is probably the best play, as a claim right after a guilty result is revealed comes off as really contrived. So, if the scum wishes to claim miller, day one is definately the best time to do it as well. The claim, however, attracts a lot of attention to the scum. Many players as scum wouldnt be ballsy enough to pull the claim due to the increased scrutiny.

So the question to me is whether User is skilled enough, and ballsy enough, to pull this as scum. He only has two completed games as mafia, but theyre both wins. Definately worth checking out. So as of now, I'm undecided. I will say that the flavor makes a lot of sense, however.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other random commentary/questions:

1)
Darox - In post 9, you subtley changed your vote to Username but provided no specific reasons for doing so. Was this on the basis of his claim? If so, why was the claim voteworthy? Oh, same goes for Rashiminos, though your post had less subtlety involved.

2)
fhqwhgads and crywolf - you both posted after usernames claim without making any mention of it, even though it was the only relevant issue to come up at that point. Why did you choose not to even mention the claim? This goes for Lowell as well, however he only initially ignored it and then chimed in after ythills post.

3)
bionicchop - in post 19, you mention that investigating username is useless. Couldnt the investigation be used to prove sanity of a cop, if there is one?

4)
Tony - You call lowells attack vague and unsubstantiated. Could you elaborate on why this is? It seemed like he had a decent point to me so I'd like to see where youre coming from.
I play the games rul gud.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Elias_the_thief wrote:I will say that the flavor makes a lot of sense, however.
There was no 'flavor' in his claim. Flavor is the role info added by the mod which gives characters 'flavor' related to the context / intro of the game.

Elias_the_thief wrote:
3)
bionicchop - in post 19, you mention that investigating username is useless. Couldnt the investigation be used to prove sanity of a cop, if there is one?
Someone already stated this would probably be a waste. I have not seen anything but a Sane cop in a mini-normal game although I do not have a ton of experience. Someone would have to provide some links to a large sample size of such games before that line of reasoning is even considered IMO.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:32 am

bionicchop2 wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:I will say that the flavor makes a lot of sense, however.
There was no 'flavor' in his claim. Flavor is the role info added by the mod which gives characters 'flavor' related to the context / intro of the game.
I've been on this site for two years longer than you, I know what flavour is. If you check post 35User clearly states his flavor.
bionicchop2 wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
3)
Someone already stated this would probably be a waste. I have not seen anything but a Sane cop in a mini-normal game although I do not have a ton of experience. Someone would have to provide some links to a large sample size of such games before that line of reasoning is even considered IMO.
This is a very closeminded outlook. What mods have done in the past has little bearing on what our mod has done because every mod is different. A cops sanity should never be assumed.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:45 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
bionicchop2 wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
3)
This is a very closeminded outlook. What mods have done in the past has little bearing on what our mod has done because every mod is different. A cops sanity should never be assumed.
If you had your own answer, why bother asking me the question? The cop can do whatever they want. My opinion is - waste of time. These games last through very few nights and testing sanity is a waste of an investigation. They may as well investigate themselves.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:50 am

Why bother asking you the question when I know how I would answer? Because I already know my own opinion. Scumhunting usually works better when you get reads on other players, as opposed to yourself.
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Looking to make an in-depth post later today or tomorrow, but I have a couple of brief comments.

iamausername replied with his role name as anticipated and I'm willing to accept the claim for now as a I have seen a couple of things from other players I wanted a closer look at. So I will unvote iamausername.
Elias_the_thief wrote:
1)
Darox - In post 9, you subtley changed your vote to Username but provided no specific reasons for doing so. Was this on the basis of his claim? If so, why was the claim voteworthy? Oh, same goes for Rashiminos, though your post had less subtlety involved.
Maybe I'm misreading the question, but it appears that you're implying I changed my intended vote when I didn't. My initial vote was on iamausername, and I saw no reason to change it when gorckat reminded us the votes were not official. I would like to hear why Darox changed his vote then, and also why he said that his recent vote on me was non-random, yet he failed to present the reason for doing so.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:14 am

Er, that was worded incorrectly actually. My real question was the second question, of why the claim was voteworthy. Sorry about that.
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Rashiminos »

EBWOP:

##Unvote: iamausername
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Yargh... not a good day with the voting format.

@Elias

The lack of role name made iamausername worth looking at as compared to making another random vote. Most people still had yet to post.

EBWOP:
##Unvote: iamausername
Show
Completed Games:

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:56 am

Post by TonyMontana »

crywolf20084 wrote:All you seem to be doing is talking.
I wasn't aware that you could do much else than talk in internet mafia. ¬¬

elias wrote:Tony - You call lowells attack vague and unsubstantiated. Could you elaborate on why this is? It seemed like he had a decent point to me so I'd like to see where youre coming from.
I really think lowell is the one who needs to elaborate.
He said my post was all over the map. How so?
He said i was sowing seeds of doubt. How so?
And doing so without taking responsibility myself. Responsibility for what?

That's what I meant with vague (as in just general characterizations thrown my way) and unsubstantiated (some direct criticism on what I said would've been nice)
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:55 pm

TonyMontana wrote:

elias wrote:Tony - You call lowells attack vague and unsubstantiated. Could you elaborate on why this is? It seemed like he had a decent point to me so I'd like to see where youre coming from.

That's what I meant with vague (as in just general characterizations thrown my way) and unsubstantiated (some direct criticism on what I said would've been nice)
fair enough.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Darox »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
1)
Darox - In post 9, you subtley changed your vote to Username but provided no specific reasons for doing so. Was this on the basis of his claim? If so, why was the claim voteworthy?
I don't like miller claims. I don't really like any page one claims, but miller is the most headache inducing.

It was a better reason than why I was voting Ythill, who was lynched recently in another game with me.

@Rashiminos:
You did some things that I thought were a little suspicious, such as the push for flavour claim, but that has cleared up now.

##Unvote: Rashiminos

I want Lowell to respond to Tony's questions.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

TonyMontana wrote:

This post satisfies me, and now makes me wanna think about Lowell.

I'll have a nice post tomorrow when I'm not feeling so bad with allergies.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Ythill »

Did my first readthrough...

In user's favor is the way he minimized the theory argument and redirected people to the MD thread. I'd expect most miller-claiming-scum to smokescreen with theory in a game that has auto deadlines.

@bionic: Elias made a good point about the flavor you missed, why didn’t you address it?

@wolf: If I thought it was pro-town to discuss option (c) I would have done so. Why are you nudging me to reveal more information?

@fhq: You were unsure if wolf had missed a point or was fishing. Has #50 helped to solidify your opinion?

@Rash: You mentioned that you wanted to look at a couple of other players, but you never said who or why. Who? Why?

@Tony: Your vote on Darox seemed to be too serious too soon. You’ve ignored him since then. Why?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

Ythill wrote: @bionic: Elias made a good point about the flavor you missed, why didn’t you address it?
What was there to address? It was pretty obvious I simply missed the post user made that included his flavor. He pointed me to the post. I didn't feel I needed to make a new post about. I try to minimize thread clutter by only posting when I have a point I want to make or a question is directed to me.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by Tommy »

TonyMontana wrote:I really think lowell is the one who needs to elaborate.
QFT
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:51 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

TonyMontana (2):
Elias, Lowell
bionic:
iamausername
Darox:
TonyMontana

Not voting (8):
bionic, crywolf, Darox, fhqwhgads, Rashiminos, Tommy, Westbrook, Ythill

**Note- I have a tendency to shorten long names when I play. I see I'm doing it as I mod, as well. If it is a problem for anyone, PM me.**

EDIT: Corrected vote count (had not removed Lowell's vote on Elias)
Last edited by gorckat on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Ythill wrote:@Rash: You mentioned that you wanted to look at a couple of other players, but you never said who or why. Who? Why?
Perhaps if you had been reading closely you would have noticed this:
Rashiminos wrote:Looking to make an in-depth post later today or tomorrow, but I have a couple of brief comments.
I didn't propose names at the time because I wanted to double-check my notes with more recent activity, and I didn't have the time to do so for that post.

I'm currently looking at 4 people for several reasons.

Darox has delayed explaining the reasons for vote-changes until later posts. The first time (random vote phase) seemed innocuous, but he repeated this pattern in post 34.

crywolf20084 suggested the cop out himself or herself after testing sanity on iamausername. Her FoS in post 50 on Tony seems just as lousy to me as it did to Tony.
crywolf20084 wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
Lowell wrote:
##unvote, vote tony
. His post is all over the map. He's trying to sow the seeds of doubt without having to take responsibility himself.
Yay for vague, unsubstantiated attacks. :roll:
I agree with Lowell, but not enough to put a third vote on your head yet.

All you seem to be doing is talking.
FOS Tony
Lowell said he believed in iamausername's claim 100% percent, which seems to be an unreasonable lack of doubt at this point. In post 47 he tries to convince more people to believe the claim, and suggests multiple scumgroups as a possible reason to believe the claim. Speculation on unknowns seems scummy IMO.

:lol: In addition:
There's also Ythill...
Ythill wrote: @wolf: If I thought it was pro-town to discuss option (c) I would have done so. Why are you nudging me to reveal more information?
As crywolf brought up, Ythill mentioned there was a third possibility related to iamausername's claim. The possible implication in this quote that "option c" is not pro-town and Ythill stonewalling on the matter deserve more attention. Perhaps a vote will loosen his stiff lips.

So,

FoS: Lowell
##Vote: Ythill
Show
Completed Games:

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:19 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Rashiminos wrote: I didn't propose names at the time because I wanted to double-check my notes with more recent activity, and I didn't have the time to do so for that post.
3 pages in and you have that many notes? Seems a bit much this early, but whatever works for you.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:27 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Ythill wrote:@wolf: If I thought it was pro-town to discuss option (c) I would have done so. Why are you nudging me to reveal more information?
I'm curious is all. If it's not pro town, why bring it up at all?

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Ythill »

bionic wrote:What was there to address?
I don't know that there was anything to specifically address but reading the tone of a concession might have been helpful, so I wanted to ask you about it. Your answer was adequate, thanks.
Rash wrote:Perhaps a vote will loosen his stiff lips.
Not going to happen.
wolf wrote:If it's not pro town, why bring it up at all?
Two reasons. (1) It is a valid option that I (and probably others) have considered. Leaving it out entirely would have been a false dichotomy. (2) To tempt and then analyze other players' curiosity. Yours, for example, struck me as a little scummy because of your earlier fishing. Rash's I'm not sure about yet.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Elias_the_thief wrote: 2) fhqwhgads and crywolf - you both posted after usernames claim without making any mention of it, even though it was the only relevant issue to come up at that point. Why did you choose not to even mention the claim? This goes for Lowell as well, however he only initially ignored it and then chimed in after ythills post.
Well, the truth is in fact a bit embarrassing and newbie-ish. Before this game, I have never seen the miller role. I confused it with the flavour (thinking miller, the guy who supplies the baker. Yeah, I know). I thought he was joking, claiming his 'flavour' rather than a serious role. After some people got talking about it, I consulted the wiki. :oops:
Ythill wrote:@fhq: You were unsure if wolf had missed a point or was fishing. Has #50 helped to solidify your opinion?
Well, I don't think she missed the point any longer.
What? Wow. Really? Wow.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”